7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 269.
#601 2 years ago

That actually did come out in comics didn't it?

#602 2 years ago

Yes. They made it into a comic book instead.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Evil Dead 2 then Army of Darkness, then if you like them Ash vs. Evil dead (TV series 3 seasons). And if you REALLY like them go back and watch Evil Dead 1. The reason being Evil Dead 2 is basically a remake of Part 1, but expanded with more story and just better overall. But Evil Dead 1 was less campy(?) and more low budget horror for the time.
The end of ED2 goes directly into AoD, so I do recommend watching part 2 before AoD.
One other thing to note. There is a 3rd 'remake' in 2013 called Evil Dead. This is not the movie we are talking about. It is not campy, it is straight up horror/gore. It's not bad for what it is, and there's even a short cameo, but it can cause some confusion.

Exactly this!

Evil Dead 2, then Army of Darkness. If you enjoyed that ride, then watch Ash Vs. Evil Dead series. Once you are a full fan, then go watch Evil Dead 1 and the remake...

And just a note... Even if Evil Dead 2 is not completely your cup of tea, STILL watch Army of Darkness after. While it follows the ED2 story, it can stand on its own and is actually more of a Medieval slapstick comedy, while ED2 is more of a horror comedy. So, related but different.

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That actually did come out in comics didn't it?

Yeah, I think they did quite a few of the "Ash vs." comics. How crazy would it be if you could link the next two Spooky games together to unlock some secret bonus mode. Let's say it's Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Evil Dead, a two-player chainsaw battle mode played simultaneously on both games could be crazy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

PS: Probably a licensing issue, but still. I'm ready to join the Spooky brainstorm team.

#605 2 years ago

And then after you’ve watched them all, you will (a) watch one or more of them annually and (b) drop one-liners to your wife like “gimme some sugar, baby” as foreplay. This leads to a lot of “eye rolling”from wife which you will feed off of. You will then purchase a bunch of Evil Dead/AoD shit that you don’t need which will lead to a lot more “eye rolling”. The cycle continues and her respect for you erodes as she says “does anybody even watch these movies? “. But alas, you will be vindicated as you wheel the New Spooky pinball into your game room and say “Hail to the king, baby “. She will drop into your arms with lust in her eyes.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

And then after you’ve watched them all, you will (a) watch one or more of them annually and (b) drop one-liners to your wife like “gimme some sugar, baby” as foreplay. This leads to a lot of “eye rolling”from wife which you will feed off of. You will then purchase a bunch of Evil Dead/AoD shit that you don’t need which will lead to a lot more “eye rolling”. The cycle continues and her respect for you erodes as she says “does anybody even watch these movies? “. But alas, you will be vindicated as you wheel the New Spooky pinball into your game room and say “Hail to the king, baby “. She will drop into your arms with lust in her eyes.

Lol, likewise, except my wife is a bigger Evil Dead fan than me. She basically said if Spooky releases an ED game, we're getting it.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

And when talking one liners to the wife, how can one forget "First you want to kill me, now you want to kiss me. Blow."

So many great one liners forever etched into the walls of my mind!

#608 2 years ago

Whatever they wanna make, - hell i'm in, cause it'll be 100% more exciting than another commercial Star Wars or Marvel !
I like the story of Spooky and to support serious work & products with love inside.

#609 2 years ago

I mean it when I say that I REALLY hope they do not make Evil Dead / AoD right now. I have limited space (already 1 game over) and just forked out a buttload of money to HEP and made final payment on R&M in March. I really do not want to sell any pins at the moment. ED/AoD is a 100% must buy for me and it will force me to sell some games before I want to.

SS is already close to going out the door and ACNC would be the next to go even though I absolutely love that game! But for fuck's sake, it's Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. Sacrifices will have to be made. I really want Spooky to make it, but maybe in a year or so... lol

#610 2 years ago

DUMP WOZ

Quoted from Calfdemon:

I mean it when I say that I REALLY hope they do not make Evil Dead / AoD right now. I have limited space (already 1 game over) and just forked out a buttload of money to HEP and made final payment on R&M in March. I really do not want to sell any pins at the moment. ED/AoD is a 100% must buy for me and it will force me to sell some games before I want to.
SS is already close to going out the door and ACNC would be the next to go even though I absolutely love that game! But for fuck's sake, it's Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. Sacrifices will have to be made. I really want Spooky to make it, but maybe in a year or so... lol

#611 2 years ago

Yeah...

I bought that as a gift for the wife and it is bolted to the floor. It's her baby. Otherwise, it would go before ACNC for sure. But alas. Happy wife, happy life. I can rotate the other titles as I see fit although she is surprisingly in love with R&M now, as am I. 1st world problems...

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Someone needs to make this its own film

#613 2 years ago

And when they do make Evil Dead, the $2k topper better be a possessed dear head.

#614 2 years ago

It’s Spooky, they throw in the topper for free.

Quoted from Zablon:

And when they do make Evil Dead, the $2k topper better be a possessed dear head.

#615 2 years ago

gawdamm....i would totally pay for this

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So….they, like…make enough accessories so that everyone with a machine can get one on their machine? Or have the option to add one to their machine later?
This makes no sense.

#617 2 years ago

For Rick and Morty, the topper was included with the machine. nothing to purchase separately

#618 2 years ago

I don't think that will be the norm going forward. Seemed to be a concession/thanks for them selling out so quickly

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ever been to Lawrence's in Benton? They might have enough taxidermy deer mounts to go with each game. While there you can also order a Spooky pizza.

#620 2 years ago

Bubba Ho-Tep anyone?

#621 2 years ago

Since the company name is Spooky. I think they'll go the opposite direction. Something more serene. Like My Little Pony. Pinball Is Magic.

LTG : )

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nothing is free.

#623 2 years ago

Of course not, but they included it in at no additional charge.

#624 2 years ago

I think they should do Predator to throw a wrench into the Alien sales and kick some ass with that!

#625 2 years ago

I know it has been mentioned... but they live pinball, UV kit, great callouts and maybe a bubble gum dispenser?

#626 2 years ago

This topper was.

I paid spooky for a pinball machine and got one. They gave me and 749 other people a topper that wasn’t included in the price of the pinball machine.

So yeah, it was free.

#627 2 years ago

I think it'll be either Akira or Kaiju (Godzilla, Gamera, etc). There was that news story where Charlie went to Japan to talk to a licensor, right?

#628 2 years ago

THEY LIVE would be incredible. Definitely up there with Army of Darkness as far as dream themes.

Quoted from P1nhead:

I know it has been mentioned... but they live pinball, UV kit, great callouts and maybe a bubble gum dispenser?

343B09D9-3D81-41D9-8B1B-08CD148FD3AF (resized).jpeg343B09D9-3D81-41D9-8B1B-08CD148FD3AF (resized).jpeg
#629 2 years ago

They Live was cool. Would be a good theme.

Hoping that the theme is dark whatever it ends
Up being!!

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since the company name is Spooky. I think they'll go the opposite direction. Something more serene. Like My Little Pony. Pinball Is Magic.
LTG : )

I’d buy a My Little Pony pinball. I think my daughter would love that theme, she watches the show on a regular basis.

#631 2 years ago

They Live. Spooky make it happen.

#632 2 years ago

On the next title, I wonder if Spooky will go back to the dual wound coils that they used on their games before R&M for stable flipper hold with no dives, dips, and recoveries like I see with my R&M? I'm not happy with the flipper hold (or lack of) with the single wound coils on my R&M, despite messing with settings EOS gaps for what seems like hours.

Does anyone else share this same concern? Eh... probably not.

#633 2 years ago

Hope it’s one of these ....

Army of Darkness
Beetlejuice
Child’s Play
Creepshow
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead
Exorcist
Friday The 13th
Gremlins
Halloween
Hellraiser
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IT
JAWS
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Little Shop of Horrors
Night of the Living Dead
Nightmare on Elm Street
Poltergeist
Predator
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Blob
The Monster Squad
The Thing
The Stuff
They Live
Tremors
Zombieland

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

THEY LIVE would be incredible. Definitely up there with Army of Darkness as far as dream themes.
[quoted image]

+1 for They Live! Fits in with what's going on in life today.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Friday The 13th

WITH 13 BALL MULTI-BALL

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Message from Spooky!

Didn't anyone else catch the real clues?

It's Beetlejuice, like I have been saying for a year.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

What were the real clues? God I hope you’re right!
I’m crossing everything hoping this next release is beetlejuice and not the Ben Heck CGC one that’s coming after.
If it’s Beetlejuice next I’m in straight away without question.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Seriously... present your evidence.

#639 2 years ago

Did they say more better, 3 times?

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

At the 1:03 mark of the video, it's said three times between Charlie and Bug and then again at 3:43 mark. Nice work!!!

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

At the 1:03 mark of the video, it's said three times between Charlie and Bug and then again at 3:43 mark. Nice work!!!

Well damn, I need to start making space!

#642 2 years ago

Haha yeah, They Live has fit in with basically any US current events since the 1980s and today. Definitely part of what makes it such a great flick.

Quoted from chad:

+1 for They Live! Fits in with what's going on in life today.

They absolutely need to address this and I believe they will. I prefer that they switch to dual wound myself but if they want to use single wound coils but they HAVE TO make them operate more efficiently in the coding.
And if they could, you think they would have on RAM right now. It’s possible, maybe they ought to dig into Sterns Spike 2 code to see how they handle it (although, I’m sure even they could make it more efficient if they tried)

Quoted from Rum-Z:

On the next title, I wonder if Spooky will go back to the dual wound coils that they used on their games before R&M for stable flipper hold with no dives, dips, and recoveries like I see with my R&M? I'm not happy with the flipper hold (or lack of) with the single wound coils on my R&M, despite messing with settings EOS gaps for what seems like hours.
Does anyone else share this same concern? Eh... probably not.

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Nice catch! Nice catch! Nice catch!

#644 2 years ago

Here’s how I see a Friday the 13 pin

It should have three independent game types embedded a la TMNT coop or JPs Escape Nublar Mini mode:

Play as Jason alone (single player) single timed ball game where you have to kill all the campers. Jason can obtain multis by breaking team ups by campers. Plays like Safecracker basically.

Play as a camper (single player) you team up with other campers by ripping spinner to collect 1. Pop bumper hits for 2. Ramp shots for 3 etc and total number of campers collected are reflected in the number of balls in various multi modes. As you drain balls your camper dies. Jason can also kill campers/balls in lock position if his moving insert captures them at a ball lock position. ( Jason moves like Dinosaurs in JP, quicker and more random by how agitated he is)

Finally...

CO-OP MODE: one player plays as Jason. Single timed ball ( playable time is determined by the campers ball times ) Jason can steal multiballs by break team ups but is granted no easily obtainable multiball. Campers are played by up to 5 other players, who can team up in game against Jason with whomever they collect with Team Up shots. Jason should be played by the most advanced player in your group, and noobs should be collected quickly by more advanced camper players so they don’t get picked off.

Could you IMAGINE how addictive that game play would be?!?!?

Quoted from bob_e:

WITH 13 BALL MULTI-BALL

3094957E-7A5A-48F3-8CD5-E1B51FC16580 (resized).jpeg3094957E-7A5A-48F3-8CD5-E1B51FC16580 (resized).jpeg
#645 2 years ago

Does this reference Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice tho or KLATU VERATA NIKTO?!?! Beetlejuice doesn’t really sing “stacked and loaded” to me..but Army of Darkness sure as hell does. And Charlie confirmed that
“Stacked and Loaded” was the hint.

Quoted from Beechwood:

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Army of Darkness
Beetlejuice
Child’s Play
Creepshow
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead
Exorcist
Friday The 13th
Gremlins
Halloween
Hellraiser
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IT
JAWS
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Little Shop of Horrors
Night of the Living Dead
Nightmare on Elm Street
Poltergeist
Predator
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Blob
The Monster Squad
The Thing
The Stuff
They Live
Tremors
Zombieland

none of them.
i really think Scooby doo could be a winner, humour and ghost/haunted house theme could be great and more family

#647 2 years ago

Although I would like a Scooby Doo as well I will say that spooky does not have to make a family friendly theme. They only make a limited amount of games that will surely sell out regardless. So, they can really do whatever they want. They’re not trying to move 10,000+ units here. They’re not stern so that’s why they don’t have to rely on superheroes cartoons and other highly palatable themes but the general public respond to. That’s part of what makes Spooky great! Great things come from doing what you love…

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

none of them.
i really think Scooby doo could be a winner, humour and ghost/haunted house theme could be great and more family

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Does this reference Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice tho or KLATU VERATA NIKTO?!?! Beetlejuice doesn’t really sing “stacked and loaded” to me..but Army of Darkness sure as hell does. And Charlie confirmed that
“Stacked and Loaded” was the hint.

Been awhile since I watched Army of Darkness so what does "stacked and loaded" have to do with the movie?

#649 2 years ago

Well “loaded” definitely references ashes shotgun when he calls his “boom stick”. “Stacked” could reference a few things... possibly the bosom of the heroine in the film or the fact that Ash lost his hand and has a chainsaw in place of it...effectively “stacked” on his arm

Quoted from manadams:

Been awhile since I watched Army of Darkness so what does "stacked and loaded" have to do with the movie?

#650 2 years ago

Man, you guys can take anything and turn it into Evil Dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/13?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.