7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 269.
#6801 2 years ago

So excited for Spooky, I hope I'm able to get through on Wednesday.

#6802 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you love deeply coded games with complex rulesets...if you love PINBALL. Maybe not. I’m happy to have joined the fan club and I’ll always have my eye on future Spooky games. For now... I’ll lay in wait for my Army of Darkness CE

There's something to be said for games that aren't complex as hell too. It's TIRING to play LOTR and TSPP for me, because every game is like 45+ minutes. Over the years I've gravitated more towards games with simpler rules (but still a good chunk to do) like Iron Man, AFM, Stranger Things etc. I used to HATE the "Shoot this shot 3 times" to start a mode or advance something, but the older I get the more I find myself playing these games....

#6803 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

.... It could still be SCOOBY-DOO?

You’re fired.

#6804 2 years ago

PJ Soles doing callouts? TOTALLY! lol These games are packed and stacked, love it.

#6805 2 years ago

Morning Charlie and team. Amazing and next level. Better than I could hope for. Should I wake RotorDave up, its 5.30am to order?!?!

Can you solve the mystery for me on the pic with the pre-release please. What game and from what part on the playfield. Thanks!

#6806 2 years ago

Pumped to hear it, I don’t mean to offend that’s just most important aspect for me...moreso than theme, layout and artwork. I’d play a blank wood board if it had an incredible ruleset haha. The games do look amazing guys, congrats! They’re sure to sell out.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Ya'll know we have Bowen here right? He'll be consulting.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I guess it's a good thing Eric and bowen are still consulting on rules

#6807 2 years ago

I've been meh on most upper play fields, but working from one up too another? That's fricken sweet!

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ultraman? It could still be SCOOBY DOO!!!

In janken, Ultraman obviously bests Scooby Doo. Out-of-left field theme, but awesome.

#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

not sure how much I trust Bug as rule-meister. From the rules I’ve read I’m anticipating dissatisfaction from serious pinball players.

An inordinate amount of rules doesn’t equate to attracting serious players.

#6810 2 years ago

Well, I think if people are undecided on which pin to get I think they should go with Halloween as I have feeling that Ultraman is going to be the tougher get. What a great out of the blue theme for pinball. I have barely seen the show and it looks like the type of theme that will keep you laughing even when you drain.

#6811 2 years ago

Ya'll know we have Bowen here right? He'll be consulting.

Bowen is the man!... Incredible person/player.

#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Should I wake RotorDave up, its 5.30am to order?!?!

HARD YES!!!

#6813 2 years ago

I'm so logging in Wednesday morning to watch y'all race to get your orders confirmed. I anticipate Ultraman selling out by noon, Halloween selling out in the first week.

#6814 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pumped to hear it, I don’t mean to offend that’s just most important aspect for me...moreso that’s theme, layout and artwork. I’d play a blank wood board if it had an incredible ruleset haha.

Not at all man! It's a valid point for sure!

#6815 2 years ago

So whats The plunge do?

Seems full plunge goes around the right orbit and feeds the right flipper?

Maybe a sneak in hole underneath all the upper PFs with a soft plunge?

#6816 2 years ago

I’ve gone the opposite way, I used to enjoy simpler games now I can’t get into it unless I have to read thick ruleset to understand what is going on. I want a game that takes me a year to complete everything available in the code. IMDN JP TSPP and LOTR are my favs. I love long players... It’s just a personal preference.

Quoted from Frax:

There's something to be said for games that aren't complex as hell too. It's TIRING to play LOTR and TSPP for me, because every game is like 45+ minutes. Over the years I've gravitated more towards games with simpler rules (but still a good chunk to do) like Iron Man, AFM, Stranger Things etc. I used to HATE the "Shoot this shot 3 times" to start a mode or advance something, but the older I get the more I find myself playing these games....

#6817 2 years ago

It's look fantastic guys! Halloween is a theme i gotta have.

#6818 2 years ago

I’m all good with Bug coding even if without the consulting “firm” I’m engulfed so the only question I have left is if the butter cab can be touched up if damaged ?My little guy has a bad habit of fidgeting w stuff and shit happens .I do have a auto painter in my family I will talk to him first but has anyone had to get a butter cab fixed and what was the end result ?

#6819 2 years ago

So it appears 1250 will be made of halloween. How many ultraman? Or is it 1250 total for both?

….and are we getting gameplay today?

#6820 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So it appears 1250 will be made of halloween. How many ultraman? Or is it 1250 total for both?
….and are we getting gameplay today?

1250 Halloween 500 Ultra

#6821 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

1250 Halloween
500 Ultraman

My question is... both made at the same time? Or Halloween first and then Ultraman?

#6822 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve gone the opposite way, I used to enjoy simpler games now I can’t get into it unless I have to read thick ruleset to understand what is going on. I want a game that takes me a year to complete everything available in the code. IMDN JP TSPP and LOTR are my favs. I love long players... It’s just a personal preference.

Maiden is actually the BEST example of a game with a very WIDE ruleset that doesn't make you feel like you're having to slog for a whole bunch of pointless side goals (Looking at you, TSPP.....friggin Cletus Kids and Hurry-ups). I really like it. I just can't own it in my home...I've played it way too much on location and I've never been a Maiden fan even though I don't mind their music at all.

#6823 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

#6824 2 years ago

Respect to Spooky Pinball, my first impression of Ultraman:

#6825 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m all good with Bug coding even if without the consulting “firm” I’m engulfed so the only question I have left is if the butter cab can be touched up if damaged ?My little guy has a bad habit of fidgeting w stuff and shit happens .I do have a auto painter in my family I will talk to him first but has anyone had to get a butter cab fixed and what was the end result ?

Thanks man I appreciate it!

#6826 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Can you solve the mystery for me on the pic with the pre-release please. What game and from what part on the playfield. Thanks!

Does this help?

20210705_125312 (resized).jpg20210705_125312 (resized).jpg
#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

1250 Halloween
500 Ultraman
My question is... both made at the same time? Or Halloween first and then Ultraman?

Made together from what I have read

#6828 2 years ago

You have made the impossible possible beyond comprehension. I never thought a designer could take the extremely rare Pinball Circus and make it reality in a regular cabinet. The design is breathtaking and the artwork is stellar for both titles. You have really outdone yourself, Team Spooky. Finally, a world under glass. You have now raised the bar for every pinball company. Well done!!! Here, here for Spooky Pinball!! Raise your glass and celebrate from all the pinheads out there! This an accomplishment that has revolutionized pinball as we know it. Keep up the awesome work!

Now excited to see actually gameplay when that time comes.

#6829 2 years ago

This is true, I also LOVE TNA and STH for the purpose of competition play. For a home game I just want something super deep otherwise I move on to another game. Halloween is not something I’ll be able to put at my location either unfortunately. Too many little ones kickin around.

Quoted from Vino:

An inordinate amount of rules doesn’t equate to attracting serious players.

#6830 2 years ago

Congratulations to the Spooky Pinball team. The twin pins look amazing, and I look forward to seeing them in person. Not gonna lie, I was a little bit “meh” when I heard the theme for Halloween but it looks super fun and innovative. Ultraman is a great idea for a theme…unexpected, but great! Kudos to everyone at Spooky. It’s clear you all have been working your tails off, and it’s nice to see the fruits of your labor/passion/obsession.

#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Thanks man I appreciate it!

You’ll do great Bug.Cat wait to bring the family for a tour someday .We tried during covid but we’ll get there .

#6832 2 years ago

Is it too late to get in on the Fang Club for this?

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Is it too late to get in on the Fang Club for this?

Nope

#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Does this help?[quoted image]

Damn I’m going to have to get a full body tattoo for that .My family might disown me I’ll stick with the teaser .

#6835 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Does this help?

Spooky DJ is our new in house electronics engineer and programmer, just FYI... say hey to him everyone! He just moved to Benton to join us a few months ago.

#6836 2 years ago

Welcome Spooky DJ.Wise choice you made !

#6837 2 years ago

We're a one pin house until we build an extension next year but I'm damn tempted to get in on one of these (not sure yet) and see if a friend can babysit until we can bring it home.

#6838 2 years ago

Damn ,forgot I’m still at work .Great day

#6839 2 years ago

Really want both but will try to secure an Ultraman first and keep Halloween as a second option. Great Job Spooky!!!

#6840 2 years ago

Spooky DJ is our new in house electronics engineer and programmer, just FYI... say hey to him everyone!

Hi DJ. Charlie is great to work with. Watch out for SpookyLuke .

LTG : )

#6841 2 years ago

This will be my first Spooky pin, so I hope I land a Ultraman CE. It looks amazing, I just hope I can snag one.

#6842 2 years ago

Congrats to SPOOKY to a real great machine again so far !!

There is only one thing that bothers me.
And that is that you have to look directly into the LED strips, plus the reflection on the PF.
Anyone who has ever installed LED strips in a pinball machine knows that it is problematic.

I would like it better, if the strips were masked or frosted.

#6843 2 years ago

spooky_dj

Welcome to the asylum. Show us that code!

#6844 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Congrats to SPOOKY to a real great machine again so far !!
There is only one thing that bothers me.
And that is that you have to look directly into the LED strips, plus the reflection on the PF.
Anyone who has ever installed LED strips in a pinball machine knows that it is problematic.
I would like it better, if the strips were masked or frosted.

One of the first things I saw to mod for

#6845 2 years ago

Are the rules similar on each title?

#6846 2 years ago

big DJ Spooky fan, but I guess I'm now also a Spooky DJ fan

#6847 2 years ago

I knew that they talked about a reskin possible on the 2 theme deal. I was really hyped about getting the CE for Halloween but seeing Ultraman reskin has weirded me out about going all the way for the Halloween pin. It feels like it lessened Halloween uniqueness of the Halloween pin....Anybody feel this way?

I am going to have to do some soul searching between now and Wednesday I guess on what level I want to get.
Zero interest in Ultraman and now when I look at Halloween I get flashes of that rekin..

#6848 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

PJ Soles doing callouts? TOTALLY!

As soon as I heard that callout in the video, my first thought was this will be a dealbreaker for some. "Valley girl? I'm out!" Not saying I have a problem with it, for the record.

#6849 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I was really hyped about getting the CE for Halloween but seeing Ultraman reskin has weirded me out about going all the way for the Halloween pin. It feels like it lessened Halloween uniqueness of the Halloween pin....Anybody feel this way?

Nope.

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I knew that they talked about a reskin possible on the 2 theme deal. I was really hyped about getting the CE for Halloween but seeing Ultraman reskin has weirded me out about going all the way for the Halloween pin. It feels like it lessened Halloween uniqueness of the Halloween pin....Anybody feel this way?

Nah, if it plays well Halloween will be the one ya want later on perhaps…Ultra Man is just the newest best thing-by 1 hour

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/137?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.