7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 268.
#6401 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

So is it official , is it Ultraman , or is it still a guess ?

Still a guess but we should find out today.

#6402 2 years ago

Little competition going on between both manufacturers ... Godzilla and now UltraMan
Hmmm

#6403 2 years ago

And I have to hand it to Spooky….

This (hopefully) new business model of creating two games based on one playfield is absolutely genius. 2 X roi from an engineering cost effectiveness standpoint. Double the games, one assembly line, double the theme interest. It’s brilliant.

#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Little competition going on between both manufacturers ... Godzilla and now UltraMan
Hmmm

Remember how Stern snaffled the Godzilla licence from under Charlie's nose?

Guessing Charlie got Ultraman instead.

Might be some interest in Japan for this title!

'The Ultraman brand generated US$7.4 billion in merchandising revenue from 1966 to 1987, equivalent to more than $17 billion adjusted for inflation. Ultraman was the world's third top-selling licensed character in the 1980s, largely due to his popularity in Asia.'

#6405 2 years ago

I’m looking forward to something different , the Halloween title has sparked my interest
Coming from a boomer as u say lol

#6406 2 years ago

I was wishing for an old school Godzilla from either companies , the mechs could be outstanding

#6407 2 years ago

What’s awesome, is.......there seems to be more comments for spooky than stern!
Keep it up spooky!!

#6408 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

What’s awesome, is.......there seems to be more comments for spooky than stern!
Keep it up spooky!!

I believe they watch the threads and listen to us

#6409 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I believe they watch the threads and listen to us

100%

#6410 2 years ago

Shhhhh....

#6411 2 years ago

The second title has got to be Meet the Feebles by Peter Jackson. If you haven’t seen it yet, you’ll wonder what I’m talking about. If you have seen it, you’ll never erase it from your brain!

It’s obscure, that’s for sure. But NOT family friendly. It’s not Meet the Feebles.

#6412 2 years ago

Just a few more hours fellas.

#6413 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Be funny if the “niche” theme sold more than the “mainstream” theme.
For me it’s going to come down to which is the better coded game. But we’ll have to decide before knowing that.
Are they really going to devote 2x as many coding hours?

Assuming these 2 games are not shallow, I think the rules can be quite different for each and still be certainly nowhere near 2x as many coding hours (surely wouldn't start code framework from scratch for same mechs and layout). 1.5x coding for 2 games maybe.

Another perspective might be, savings. The servo elevators for example, upper playfields basics, and most mechs, can be the same. The essential layout. This represents not having to develop and design/tool over again mechanically for another theme that can fit a certain general multi-playfield layout. Minor changes to upper playfield details to suit different theme requirements.

The code, if the layout and mechs are mostly the same mechanically, will be the same core foundation code underlying (basic routines specific to these mechs), but yet still over half way there even when starting from a new rule plan or game flow. So glass half empty or glass half full? . Coding half done already, or half the coding has to be done again?

I think, if they can make the games unique enough in their own right, put extra effort into one being distinctive from the other to play, that the same layout will go un-noticed. Two games released for the development cost of 1.5 games. Isn't that a win if it happens?

Insert layouts can change around as they are tied to art anyway (which will change), and with the modern miracles of CAD/CAM more or less inserts can be used in a new unique pattern, without alot of extra cost (almost absorbed to nil within the second titles artwork and rules effort perhaps). This sort of extra effort would show, and distinguish the two themes.

Besides, same layout new theme... AFM/MM kinda made it work, but then stern took those and made a profession out of it Lol

I rekon Spooky is going to knock it out of the park.

#6414 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Assuming these 2 games are not shallow, I think the rules can be quite different for each and still be certainly nowhere near 2x as many coding hours (surely wouldn't start code framework from scratch for same mechs and layout). 1.5x coding for 2 games maybe.
Another perspective might be, savings. The servo elevators for example, upper playfields basics, and most mechs, can be the same. The essential layout. This represents not having to develop and design/tool over again mechanically for another theme that can fit a certain general multi-playfield layout. Minor changes to upper playfield details to suit different theme requirements.
The code, if the layout and mechs are mostly the same mechanically, will be the same core foundation code underlying (basic routines specific to these mechs), but yet still over half way there even when starting from a new rule plan or game flow. So glass half empty or glass half full? . Coding half done already, or half the coding has to be done again?
I think, if they can make the games unique enough in their own right, put extra effort into one being distinctive from the other to play, that the same layout will go un-noticed. Two games released for the development cost of 1.5 games. Isn't that a win if it happens?
Besides, same layout new theme... AFM/MM kinda made it work, but then stern took those and made a profession out of it Lol
I rekon Spooky is going to knock it out of the park.

But no one has done it at the same time - it’s always been separate releases.

Having said that, if anyone is going to do it properly from a code perspective it’ll be Spooky. There’s no doubt they put as much as possible into their games and see them through to the end.

#6415 2 years ago

I want both.....

if-i-were-a-rich-man (resized).jpgif-i-were-a-rich-man (resized).jpg
#6416 2 years ago

I want both so they are building me a combo “Ultra Halloween Man”.

75B882AA-BE33-44B7-A08B-26E627DE878C (resized).png75B882AA-BE33-44B7-A08B-26E627DE878C (resized).png
#6417 2 years ago

Catching up on all of this. Ultraman is pretty good too if true although I’m here for Halloween. Super excited to see the game!

#6418 2 years ago

I’m still thinking Scooby.

#6419 2 years ago

Ok. It's now Monday. Show us the goods

#6420 2 years ago

Does anyone have any guesses on production numbers for the two titles? Maybe 800 Halloween and 200 Ultraman? I think Ultraman could sell out just on rarity alone if that's the case. Im guessing that there will only be one trim level as well on that model due to economies of scale. I'm happy for Spooky and I think Ultraman really helps makes up for them not getting the Toho Godzilla license. I'm excited to see the details for both games Hopefully later today!

#6421 2 years ago

500 Halloween . 1000 of main theme.

Never blow your load right at the start ... lead theme released second

#6422 2 years ago

I bet it’s closer to 1000 Halloween, 750-500 Ultraman.

#6423 2 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of either theme, unlike R&M which I was all in for. Unfortunately the R&M play turned out to be fun but not great imo. So, even thought R&M has a great theme, if Halloween is more fun to play then I might have to make the swap.

#6424 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210705-090243_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210705-090243_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6425 2 years ago

Given my first spooky experience, what is rough timeline on when deposit placed vs when the game ships? Will have to rearrange, so just wondering when I’ve got to get the dolly out…thx

(Very excited how they capture the vibe on this theme)

#6426 2 years ago

Is the 2nd theme Grateful Dead?

#6427 2 years ago

It's good to see some of the original actors on the playfield. Hoping they've got JLC and Pleasence too.

#6428 2 years ago

That looks like one nice sculpture of Michael Meyers and a bunch of pumpkins with scared chicks. Looking good so far.

#6429 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Happy 4th! Lots of fireworks in here, looks like there was alot of mod deleting and even some thread ejections.
Back on track, I am counting the hours Spooky! Alt theme? How about alt trans. Would love to rotate through these
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I own most of those, but damn dude don't spam images like that

#6430 2 years ago

Jason's playfield design already looking slick.

#6431 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Given my first spooky experience, what is rough timeline on when deposit placed vs when the game ships? Will have to rearrange, so just wondering when I’ve got to get the dolly out…thx
(Very excited how they capture the vibe on this theme)

For R&M Spooky was producing 10 pins per week and eventually ramped up to 15. Spooky also alternates batches (50 at a time I believe) between their direct sales and distros. There's also overseas sales. When you put down the deposit, you'll be placed in the queue and may be provided a position number from which you can calculate a delivery guesstimate. Bottom line, it could be along wait.

#6432 2 years ago

Looking great, and I love that they’re capturing the small moments from the movie.

“Can’t I get your ghost, Bob?”

7D1E96A1-3594-4443-8E25-637F3584EDBA (resized).jpeg7D1E96A1-3594-4443-8E25-637F3584EDBA (resized).jpeg
#6433 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looking great, and I love that they’re capturing the small moments from the movie.
“Can’t I get your ghost, Bob?”[quoted image]

Where's my beer?

#6434 2 years ago

PJ!

#6435 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Where's my beer?

Totally!

#6436 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210705-092012-419 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210705-092012-419 (resized).png
#6437 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

“Can’t I get your ghost, Bob?”[quoted image]

I wouldn't mind seeing the other BOB... as in Bob Weir and the rest of the "GREATFUL" DEAD. Charlie did emphasize "greatful" at the end of his post would be perfect band theme for them, makes so much sense!

DeadCNYC2600b (resized).jpgDeadCNYC2600b (resized).jpgGreatful_Dead_pinball (resized).pngGreatful_Dead_pinball (resized).png
#6438 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Is the 2nd theme Grateful Dead?

Excuse me while I squanch.

#6439 2 years ago

Please not Grateful Dead. Doesn’t translate well to pinball.

#6440 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Classic Pinside pre-judgement.

#6441 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

To be fair, Grateful Dead doesn't translate to music either

#6442 2 years ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

To be fair, Grateful Dead doesn't translate to music either

Haha fair, but it would sell that's for sure.

I'm not a fan of the band personally but seems like a great theme idea particularly because of the target demo.

#6443 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Classic Pinside pre-judgement.

Truckin’ multiball … please.

#6444 2 years ago

Dark Star endless ball save multiball

#6445 2 years ago

Iirc RM reveal was about 10am.

#6446 2 years ago

It’s obviously Smashing Pumpkins not Grateful Dead.

#6447 2 years ago

Awesome looking! I’m in for sure! 80s slasher hell yeah!

#6448 2 years ago

If it’s Ultraman, Stern is about to get schooled in superhero pins.

#6449 2 years ago

In a few hours Topic Heartbeat is gonna be All HALLOWEEN.....

thread_heartbeat (resized).pngthread_heartbeat (resized).png
#6450 2 years ago

The playfield looks like it will have a lot of pumpkins on it. Was there any pumpkins in the movie? I remember the little kid asking to carve one but I don't recall actually seeing any pumpkins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/129?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.