7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 269.
#6301 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It's the most popular cult movie for midnight showings, with weirdos dressing up and singing along and throwing different things at the screen on different cues, and all sorts of audience participation. I hear it's fun, never been myself.
Anything campy is more fun the more you watch it, much like a lot of comedy. I don't think anyone ever considered it to be superlative cinema.

I went to Rocky Horror once as an adult after seeing it advertised in the local paper every week of my entire childhood life, and it always had a disclaimer "make sure to wear a raincoat" .....? When I arrived, I saw that they wanted to mark a "V" on anyone's forehead in lipstick who showed up claiming to have never seen it. I gave the movie a chance, but I walked out in the middle of it, which is the only movie I have ever done that with. Just couldn't continue, was not a fan personally Sorry to the fans in here, I know you guys seem to love it

#6302 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I wonder if the obscure, family-themed second title is Eraserhead?
I mean, what's more "family" than having a baby? Plus it's spooky![quoted image]

Yeah, could also be Rosemary's Baby or Child's Play.

Kid-friendly theme? Crazy thing is, I watched Halloween when I was a kid and loved it. The only impact it had on me as a nipper, was it developed my love for Horror. The original King Kong freaked me out though.

#6303 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I kinda like Halloween as a theme, but I also kinda don’t. The movie was great, and I like the idea of something edgy and suspenseful. But the (hardly unimaginable/quite realistic) theme of a psycho slashing people to death isn’t what I want out of a game of pinball. Plus, I wouldn’t want Michael Myers art prominently displayed in my basement, for the same reason. But that’s just me.
Fingers crossed the other theme is something I’ll really want.

What if the PF is the most amazing thing you have ever seen- Would you then overlook the horror theme to have it anyway? Just curious. I keep thinking of the Jetsons. An amazing cartoon in my childhood, same as Scooby-Doo. But when I saw the barren nothing happening PF, it was an easy pass.
Halloween being one of my dream themes and a huge fan, but still waiting on the rest to seal the deal.

#6304 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Yeah, could also be Rosemary's Baby or Child's Play.
Kid-friendly theme? Crazy thing is, I watched Halloween when I was a kid and loved it. The only impact it had on me as a nipper, was it developed my love for Horror. The original King Kong freaked me out though.

Would love an Art Deco style 1930’s King Kong pin!

#6305 2 years ago

Morning....it’s July 4 here in New Zealand! Please send pics.

Will try the we love your “honesty and integrity” line.

May have to send RotorDave (NZ rep) a text and wake him up.

#6306 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I kinda like Halloween as a theme, but I also kinda don’t. The movie was great, and I like the idea of something edgy and suspenseful. But the (hardly unimaginable/quite realistic) theme of a psycho slashing people to death isn’t what I want out of a game of pinball. Plus, I wouldn’t want Michael Myers art prominently displayed in my basement, for the same reason. But that’s just me.
Fingers crossed the other theme is something I’ll really want.

Pretty much nailed exactly how I feel. I love Spooky (TnA and R&M are two of my favorite pins in terms of pure fun and addiction) so I too am hoping the 2nd theme will be something that really appeals to me.

#6307 2 years ago

If the 2nd theme has to be family friendly, I hope it's the Happy Tree Friends.

download.jpeg (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg (resized).jpg
#6308 2 years ago

Peppa Pig would be good, too, every target hit making a grunting noise would be hilarious.

Daddy, would you please hit all the blue targets?

All right, Peppa! SNORT

#6309 2 years ago

I just had a great idea! Were Spooky to "double theme" a future release, what could be more of a natural fit than Scooby Doo / Mike Tyson Mysteries?

It's so obvious, I won't bother to elaborate! But I know which one I'll buy!

#6310 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hasn’t it been said the reskin is a family theme, and an obscure cult movie? And was it definitely non-horror (or could it still be something like Monster Squad or The Gate) Or was that conjecture?

I think the only thing confirmed is that it isn’t horror. As far as I recall, the rest all came from sources not directly related to Spooky.

#6311 2 years ago

Top family friendly(ish) compared to todays standards
Cult classic movies of all time
The goonies
Monster squad
Princess bride
They live
Tremors
Nightmare before Christmas
Pee wees big adventure
Army of darkness/Evil dead
Big trouble in little china
Any of these would be better than rocky horror picture ahow
What title would you rather have?

#6312 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I went to Rocky Horror once as an adult after seeing it advertised in the local paper every week of my entire childhood life, and it always had a disclaimer "make sure to wear a raincoat" .....? When I arrived, I saw that they wanted to mark a "V" on anyone's forehead in lipstick who showed up claiming to have never seen it. I gave the movie a chance, but I walked out in the middle of it, which is the only movie I have ever done that with. Just couldn't continue, was not a fan personally
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"156fd6d65ba9556fb6bd4ccc770ef8f719ec2521-1625427348-1800"};
//]]>

Sorry to the fans in here, I know you guys seem to love it

I think you kinda have to see it and understand it on its own merits before going to a midnight show…a lot of the fun & humor of that kinda depends on you being in on the joke. I had a similar first RHPS experience (although I was only 15). I was like “WTF” the entire time and left the theater about halfway into it.

After watching it on its own & understanding what it is: an homage to 50s horror/scifi while drenching the previously “clean” genre with 70s sex/drugs/rock ‘n roll….I ended up loving it. And once I knew all the characters and songs, THEN the midnight show gets really funny, because the audience participation & call-outs make sense.

If anything, the music is just great. Check out the Roxy version - the songs are a bit faster paced & energetic…dare I say, better for pinball?

#6313 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think you kinda have to see it and understand it on its own merits before going to a midnight show…a lot of the fun & humor of that kinda depends on you being in on the joke. I had a similar first RHPS experience (although I was only 15). I was like “WTF” the entire time and left the theater about halfway into it.
After watching it on its own & understanding what it is: an homage to 50s horror/scifi while drenching the previously “clean” genre with 70s sex/drugs/rock ‘n roll….I ended up loving it. And once I knew all the characters and songs, THEN the midnight show gets really funny, because the audience participation & call-outs make sense.
If anything, the music is just great. Check out the Roxy version - the songs are a bit faster paced & energetic…dare I say, better for pinball?

I agree, it needs to be seen without audience participation first before attending a live showing.

But for those of us who are RHPS fans, let’s be honest, the movie was never intended to appeal to a broad audience, and it should be expected that a lot of people bounce off it. It’s as niche as one could get, and all the better for it.

#6314 2 years ago

I agree with your statement entirely and add that the horror as a genre doesn’t appeal to a broad audience and that’s what makes it so great. Horror is campy, bad etc. but it is also more imaginative and smart then any other genre.

Quoted from Xelz:

I agree, it needs to be seen without audience participation first before attending a live showing.
But for those of us who are RHPS fans, let’s be honest, the movie was never intended to appeal to a broad audience, and it should be expected that a lot of people bounce off it. It’s as niche as one could get, and all the better for it.

#6316 2 years ago

Will look be great next to my HRP ( Hot Rodded Pins ) BSD. I’m not jumping in just yet though, need to see it in full glory & a little game play. Monday here in Australia, so about 12hrs away until reveal-exciting

#6317 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I think the only thing confirmed is that it isn’t horror. As far as I recall, the rest all came from sources not directly related to Spooky.

And I believe Luke used the term “obscure” - so not main stream or popular.

#6318 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

And I believe Luke used the term “obscure” - so not main stream or popular.

It fits nicely, I wanna see one of Bunyips ideas from the podcast come to fruition ... T.A.W.P!

Would be friken killer! ... Insta buy!

#6319 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Top family friendly(ish) compared to todays standards
Cult classic movies of all time
The goonies
Monster squad
Princess bride
They live
Tremors
Nightmare before Christmas
Pee wees big adventure
Army of darkness/Evil dead
Big trouble in little china
Any of these would be better than rocky horror picture ahow
What title would you rather have?

These are all better titles than Halloween

#6320 2 years ago

How are Spooky's LCDs? I could see washed out blacks detracting from the ambiance of Halloween theme. LCD quality was one of my biggest disappointments when I bought IMDN as my first NIB (though I sold it before spending any time trying to dial it in). Cheers.

#6321 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, really interesting to listen to those Roxy versions. In almost every case where the stage diverges from the movie version the movie version is better because they had time to polish it more.

Case in point: When Columbia and Magenta are spying on Janet when she confesses she's only kissed before and is therefore a virgin (on Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch me), in the stage version they both say "you mean she only kissed?!!" in a really hammy way, essentially repeating what she just said. In the movie, Columbia says "you mean she..." and trails off and Magenta answers the implied question with a judgy "uh, huh" and sideeye. SO much better.

#6322 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

How are Spooky's LCDs? I could see washed out blacks detracting from the ambiance of Halloween theme. LCD quality was one of my biggest disappointments when I bought IMDN as my first NIB (though I sold it before spending any time trying to dial it in). Cheers.

There are better LCDs out there but for Rick and Morty the stock LCD could be adjusted with gamma, brightness and contrast to be pretty good. I have NO IDEA why Spooky didn't adjust them as they were put into the pins. It's like a minute per screen to do, and the improvement was pretty substantial.

I would recommend they optimize the screen settings for Halloween on each pin with standard optimized settings before sending them out.

#6323 2 years ago

America, Fk Yeah!

233584FB-14EF-473A-BBD1-8B8B822FE54A (resized).jpeg233584FB-14EF-473A-BBD1-8B8B822FE54A (resized).jpeg
#6324 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

America, Fk Yeah!
[quoted image]

While I appreciate the overall excitement of this upcoming event, putting a serial killer with an American flag backdrop feels nope.

#6325 2 years ago

Seems cool to me.

Everyone knows they are not real killers, right?

#6326 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

While I appreciate the overall excitement of this upcoming event, putting a serial killer with an American flag backdrop feels nope.

A fictional movie character is different then a serial killer though.

#6327 2 years ago
fred5th (resized).jpgfred5th (resized).jpg
#6328 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I remember going to a midnight showing in the U District in 1980. Was wild !!

#6330 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Huh. And yet it seems so on the nose to me.

#6331 2 years ago

Since there is 2 designs....show one for us already having 4th July in NZ and OZ and do the second for the country that is late to their party

#6332 2 years ago

No soup for you!!

#6333 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Since there is 2 designs....show one for us already having 4th July in NZ and OZ and do the second for the country that is late to their party

Yes indeed, it is Monday business hours already, Lets Go!!?! .... and, time I done some work! lol :3

#6334 2 years ago

No meetings for me tomorrow = extra bourbon night and ready for a Spooky email....could be a great day!!

#6335 2 years ago

Have that extra bourbon and miss the ordering spot

#6336 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Have that extra bourbon and miss the ordering spot

Lol....going to setup a shock system triggered by email just in case I pass out....

#6337 2 years ago

If the following is true: "To get in on this year's goodies, you MUST be signed up by August 1st.", ( and assuming one of the "goodies" is referring to being eligible to order 2 weeks early), does that potentially mean games won't go on sale until August 1st at the earliest to allow for signups to finish?

Also Kaneda just stated that he has confirmation that on release day tommorow we will see both titles and gameplay video. Hope it's true

#6338 2 years ago

I think the 2nd Pin will be Plan 9 From Outer Space.

#6339 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

How about this one? Tomorrow we get a new pinball game and it’s a holiday. Happy 4th buddy!

45D68E20-BDB4-4930-A73A-57D74CF43127.gif45D68E20-BDB4-4930-A73A-57D74CF43127.gif
#6340 2 years ago

Princess Bride would be epic. You know it's gping to be truly family friendly to pull in a different crowd.

This is the most realistic one I'm hoping for. And if its not i shall be very....put off.

#6341 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

If the following is true: "To get in on this year's goodies, you MUST be signed up by August 1st.", ( and assuming one of the "goodies" is referring to being eligible to order 2 weeks early)

Quite certain the goodies are just the physical items, not the early order eligibility. My understanding is you can sign up for fang club and receive early order eligibility all the way up to the moment it goes on sale.

#6342 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

What if the PF is the most amazing thing you have ever seen- Would you then overlook the horror theme to have it anyway? Just curious. I keep thinking of the Jetsons. An amazing cartoon in my childhood, same as Scooby-Doo. But when I saw the barren nothing happening PF, it was an easy pass.
Halloween being one of my dream themes and a huge fan, but still waiting on the rest to seal the deal.

I might overlook theme once I’ve played the game and love it. I’d buy Maiden now, for example. TWD, however, I’m still not ready to buy. I’ve played it and like it. I know the rules rule. But it’s just so dark. And the art is something my family doesn’t want to look at. But I might buy it someday, as it’s s great game.

Quoted from RobT:

Pretty much nailed exactly how I feel. I love Spooky (TnA and R&M are two of my favorite pins in terms of pure fun and addiction) so I too am hoping the 2nd theme will be something that really appeals to me.

Me too. I would really like to support Spooky. Their games just get better and better and I think they deserve it. But I’d prefer a theme I can really groove with.

#6343 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:I might overlook theme once I’ve played the game and love it. I’d buy Maiden now, for example. TWD, however, I’m still not ready to buy. I’ve played it and like it. I know the rules rule. But it’s just so dark. And the art is something my family doesn’t want to look at. But I might buy it someday, as it’s s great game.

Me too. I would really like to support Spooky. Their games just get better and better and I think they deserve it. But I’d prefer a theme I can really groove with.

Buy TWD and stick it in a corner with another game next to it positioned very close to it and you won’t see the art! And if the back glass bugs you have an alternative generic one made.

You’ll know if you want spooky’s next game or not tomorrow when you see it. I’m not really into Halloween either as a theme for a pinball I want (but) I wouldn’t exclude it just based on the that. It might be something special… you never know.

Can’t wait to see what they’re so excited to show us tomorrow!

#6344 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I guess you are right, Ben is not safe if Kirk mistakes him for a woman...
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4f2f244d3b29ab9f4b9358a09ff474ba48f1efd5-1625277777-1800"};
//]]>

Ben is not safe period. He has knowledge

Quoted from finnflash:

[quoted image]</blockquot

[quoted image]

Yo gaba gaba confirmed. I’m fucking in.

#6345 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

How about this one? Tomorrow we get a new pinball game and it’s a holiday. Happy 4th buddy!
[quoted image]

902F7FDC-1A80-4234-BEC3-681F69E1160D.gif902F7FDC-1A80-4234-BEC3-681F69E1160D.gif
#6346 2 years ago

Ultraman is game 2? I’ve never heard of him but I guess he’s big in Asia

#6347 2 years ago

What an entertaining thread I just keep popping in for content! Also I’m a buyer of what’s next. . Happy 4th for those of you in America!

#6348 2 years ago

Kaneda predicted ultraman for 2nd title

#6349 2 years ago

Might be cool

0C55B901-235F-4C21-866B-F6555588DDC9 (resized).jpeg0C55B901-235F-4C21-866B-F6555588DDC9 (resized).jpeg
#6350 2 years ago

That would be a weird choice if it’s true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.