7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 269.
#6251 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Quoted from Morgoth00:
Wait, is this a wide body backglass?? I didn't see that mentioned....[quoted image]

Also the minor technicality that widebody cabinet has basically never had anything to do with backbox dimensions.

#6252 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

There is one of our upper playfields.
[quoted image]

So, Ben Heck said one of the uppers is the psych hospital…and you’re saying one is the school. Which one is pictured in the picture of the playfield?

#6253 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched the movie.

I started watching it at dinner earlier lol. I’ll finish it later tonight.

#6254 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, Ben Heck said one of the uppers is the psych hospital…and you’re saying one is the school. Which one is pictured in the picture of the playfield?

I know nothing for certain, other than what Team Spooky have said so far. The one in the photo of the tombstone, doesn't look like the Smiths Grove type of area, but it does look like the school, the point in the movie where another fence was featured. We'll find out Monday it sounds like, either way.

#6255 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also the minor technicality that widebody cabinet has basically never had anything to do with backbox dimensions.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8ed10dd2b245ce30ecc2cd9b0a3d72ce710c03fe-1625365341-1800"};
//]]>

Thanks for the info, I've never had a widebody to measure. *Edit*- (the photo posted above of two machines side by side seemed like the Spooky head was slightly wider, but apparently not.)

I like that the houses shown on either side on the backglass are correct to the movie as well. Fun fact- the Meyers' house was later uprooted and moved down the street a block from its movie location where it stands today....and that neighborhood is in Pasadena CA

#6256 2 years ago

We will know all Monday

Until then Happy Birthday America!!
Happy 4th

thats-what-i-do-i-know-meme (resized).jpgthats-what-i-do-i-know-meme (resized).jpg
#6257 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I started watching it at dinner earlier lol. I’ll finish it later tonight.

Should watch the Blu-ray version. So nice

#6258 2 years ago

Please take Monday off and celebrate Spooky. Us savages can wait, you deserve it.

#6259 2 years ago
233FA002-9D07-4B5C-9FF7-995A702FB67E (resized).png233FA002-9D07-4B5C-9FF7-995A702FB67E (resized).png
#6260 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Please take Monday off and celebrate Spooky. Us savages can wait, you deserve it.

'Goodies' coming but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a full reveal. I do hope that it is however.

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

... Judging by the photo posted above, spooky heads are wider in general. ...

No. Pretty much the same as any other garden variety WMS pinball machine. Regardless of how wide the cabinet is.

LCD is what changed proportions, as someone else has already stated.

#6262 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

J/K

brown noser (resized).pngbrown noser (resized).png
#6263 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

J/K[quoted image]

Monday is a holiday for most! But if you really want to show us we will be here to accept it! I’ll probably buy one regardless at this point.

#6264 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

J/K[quoted image]

Lol, my Midwest nice is showing. Having been a key contributer on a half dozen product launches, I can say burning the candles at both ends takes a toll. It's a holiday weekend, a pinball game reveal can wait a day so people can spend time with their friends and family.

#6265 2 years ago

Still wishing theme II is Rocky Horror but guessing it's Wayne's World. It's got the Loaf, Spooky's worked with Alice Cooper, and most of all... they've already got the Mike Meyers license for the Halloween one!

Now I want a Baby Driver pin...

#6266 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Enjoy your holiday weekend! Monday we got ALL the goods.

Quoted from king_pin:

Is this confirmed? Full game reveal on Monday?

Looks that way to me ! Fingers crossed anyway

#6268 2 years ago

did they say a time for the reveal ?

#6269 2 years ago

Probably 4:20 when this guy lights it up

1D93EC9E-1C9E-49A5-ABD5-72FC11612A9D (resized).png1D93EC9E-1C9E-49A5-ABD5-72FC11612A9D (resized).png
#6270 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

... *Edit*- the photo posted above of two machines side by side seemed like the Spooky head was slightly wider, but apparently not. ...

Yeah you are right. The stern is a narrow steel backbox, and widebody isn't in their vocabulary at all either... Spooky is basically the same as Williams/Bally, standard. My TZ, TNA, RaM, and WW are all 730mm wide. I think JJP is the same as well?

In the end the same width backbox goes on all of these modern era pinball games really, regardless of standard width or widebody. Except stern, sega, DE... they are all almost an inch narrower. DE and Sega had widebody games, still with same skinny BB as on their standard cabinets.

#6271 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did someone call for Puss?
[quoted image]

TNT made me a custom target decal that looks just like that for my Shrek pin. Very difficult target to reach without taking lots of things off the playfield too!

Also, I agree that Scooby Doo would probably make a pretty good theme for a pin. It’s not super scary, of course, but there are lots of monsters, good characters and tons of cartoon content to work with. I know some people wouldn’t care to see a Scooby pin, but I would be interested. We’ve had Flintstones, Rocky/Bullwinkle, and don’t forget the Jetsons! I’m very stoked for John Carpenter’s Halloween, though. My favorite movie of all time.

#6272 2 years ago

#6273 2 years ago
Quoted from Hopdog:

Still wishing theme II is Rocky Horror but guessing it's Wayne's World. It's got the Loaf, Spooky's worked with Alice Cooper, and most of all... they've already got the Mike Meyers license for the Halloween one!
Now I want a Baby Driver pin...

Oh man, don’t get my hopes up. Wayne’s World is one of my absolute dream themes and it would be a 100% instant purchase. I desperately want you to be correct but I can’t quite see it happening.

#6274 2 years ago

I watched Halloween for the first time today, not a terrible movie. Not sure how Spooky are going to turn this into a pinball machine though.

Am I missing something, there wasn’t much story in the movie and other than a few slasher scenes it was just a lot of “oh look there’s Michael” then “where’d he go?”

Would this pin cover more than just the original Halloween movie?

#6275 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

I watched Halloween for the first time today, not a terrible movie. Not sure how Spooky are going to turn this into a pinball machine though.
Am I missing something, there wasn’t much story in the movie and other than a few slasher scenes it was just a lot of “oh look there’s Michael” then “where’d he go?”

They also make popcorn.

Seriously tho I agree there’s not much going on except walking and hiding occasional fight.

I’m sure Spooky has some great ideas for modes. I’ll bet one is ‘trick or treating’ to collect candy. Not sure what else tho.

#6276 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Totally agree. I rewatched it last night too and I just can’t see that there is enough meat on the bones in the first movie.
I really hope it’s based on the first 5 movies so there is more to work with.

#6277 2 years ago

Yeah, the original Halloween is really a good film, and rises above the "slasher" genre. Good cinematography, but's all about building up the tension and suspense. Lot's of Michael stalking Jamie Lee Curtis and her friends, as he slowly closes in on her. He barely kills anyone (maybe 3 deaths?, not counting the sister in the beginning). It's all mood and tension until the end. Very effective, but not very straightforward for a pinball machine.

I struggle to see how they'll pull it off. So in that regard, I'm very curious to see how Spooky will tackle this theme.

#6278 2 years ago

For the other title...PT Barnum’s birthday is tomorrow could it be a new “The Barnum & Bailey Greatest Show on Earth / Circus” game ?
772E811E-BD1A-41C6-84D0-4D969A5DA96E (resized).jpeg772E811E-BD1A-41C6-84D0-4D969A5DA96E (resized).jpeg

#6279 2 years ago

#6280 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, the original Halloween is really a good film, and rises above the "slasher" genre. Good cinematography, but's all about building up the tension and suspense. Lot's of Michael stalking Jamie Lee Curtis and her friends, as he slowly closes in on her. He barely kills anyone (maybe 3 deaths?, not counting the sister in the beginning). It's all mood and tension until the end. Very effective, but not very straightforward for a pinball machine.
I struggle to see how they'll pull it off. So in that regard, I'm very curious to see how Spooky will tackle this theme.

I think he killed 5 people in the original Halloween, including his sister in 1963. He kills the 3 “teens” played by 20-somethings plus the owner of the jumpsuit outfit he swaps for his Smith’s Grove whites. In fairness, it’s only implied that he killed the truck driver. We see him briefly laying in the brush, but it’s possible Michael simply found him that way. I think because he’s Michael Myers we tend to assume the worst.

#6281 2 years ago

I think it's Spooky's patriotic duty to leak a few pics on such a momentous holiday.....errrr ummm I mean I'm stuck at work while most you fuckers are drinking and blowing shit up so gimme gimme gimme!!!

#6282 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think it's Spooky's patriotic duty to leak a few pics on such a momentous holiday.....errrr ummm I mean I'm stuck at work while most you fuckers are drinking and blowing shit up so gimme gimme gimme!!!

Totally reasonable request! I second the motion!!

#6283 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well, if they are going to reveal tomorrow, its going to be craziness for them for a while. Let them have a nice easy relaxing day. After tomorrow its on like donkey kong.....

#6284 2 years ago

Did anyone else notice that Bug was about to be caught-in-the-act. Hopefully he didn’t get called to the office

3BD9F605-42CA-4F8D-B3BE-26FF26C6B23D (resized).png3BD9F605-42CA-4F8D-B3BE-26FF26C6B23D (resized).png
#6285 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to use the fang membership when ordering on release? Like input your email address etc, or do you just send a selfie with the dracula pinball holder?

#6286 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does anyone know how to use the fang membership when ordering on release? Like input your email address etc, or do you just send a selfie with the dracula pinball holder?

They’ll notify members the day prior and you have to be logged in to purchase.

#6287 2 years ago

The original Halloween and Halloween 2 are master pieces. I’m so excited for the Pin, I fell out of the bathtub when I heard it was being made.

CC240B68-0879-4716-A128-6EF387AE849B.gifCC240B68-0879-4716-A128-6EF387AE849B.gif

#6288 2 years ago

For me, it’s the simplicity of the film that makes it work. No gore, no stupid CGI special effects - it relies on suspense and buildup and that’s why it will always be my #1 horror film.

#6289 2 years ago

We watched Halloween last night, now I plan on watching the sequel, because I can’t see how the pin will be based off only the first movie.

#6290 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Spooky Fang Club Membership...

SPOOKY_FANG (resized).pngSPOOKY_FANG (resized).png
#6291 2 years ago

Hasn’t it been said the reskin is a family theme, and an obscure cult movie? And was it definitely non-horror (or could it still be something like Monster Squad or The Gate) Or was that conjecture?

#6292 2 years ago

Both games revealed tomorrow?

Should be a fun day!

#6293 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

For me, it’s the simplicity of the film that makes it work. No gore, no stupid CGI special effects - it relies on suspense and buildup and that’s why it will always be my #1 horror film.

Exactly....Alien is my favorite classic sci-fi horror, and Halloween my classic horror " could sort of happen" movie......

( who didn't dress up as Michael and scare the crap out of your kids growing up?...great memories)

#6294 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Both games revealed tomorrow?
Should be a fun day!

Halloween+Double+Feature+square-instagram (resized).jpgHalloween+Double+Feature+square-instagram (resized).jpg
#6295 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I don't like that movie. Never even seen it.
Besides, I like to build up the antici.......................................................
pation.

You’re not missing much Charlie, I sat through it once and it was hard going, even Tim Curry couldn’t save it.
Now Little Shop Of Horrors on the other hand would make a dynamite theme, who doesn’t want a pin with a smack talking killer plant and a sadistic dentist.
So many possibilities for great Art, Mechs, Music & Callouts.
Smashing down teeth drop targets in “I’m a dentist” mode and shooting balls into Audrey II’s mouth for “feed me” Multiball

So excited for the reveal, I can’t wait to see Halloween and the other theme whatever it may be...behind you guys all the way!

#6296 2 years ago

I wonder if the obscure, family-themed second title is Eraserhead?

I mean, what's more "family" than having a baby? Plus it's spooky!

spookyenuff4u (resized).jpgspookyenuff4u (resized).jpg
#6297 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

You’re not missing much Charlie, I sat through it once and it was hard going, even Tim Curry couldn’t save it.

#6298 2 years ago

It's the most popular cult movie for midnight showings, with weirdos dressing up and singing along and throwing different things at the screen on different cues, and all sorts of audience participation. I hear it's fun, never been myself.

Anything campy is more fun the more you watch it, much like a lot of comedy. I don't think anyone ever considered it to be superlative cinema.

#6299 2 years ago

Happy 4th! Lots of fireworks in here, looks like there was alot of mod deleting and even some thread ejections.
Back on track, I am counting the hours Spooky! Alt theme? How about alt trans. Would love to rotate through these

7d94e5c7e4e5f3700883a9780a2a236f (resized).jpg7d94e5c7e4e5f3700883a9780a2a236f (resized).jpg1403c324-9999-4a60-8add-dc1be6439c72_rw_1200 (resized).jpg1403c324-9999-4a60-8add-dc1be6439c72_rw_1200 (resized).jpg2015-poster-art-jason-edmiston (resized).jpg2015-poster-art-jason-edmiston (resized).jpg2d19d9391694bbe7a1e861fe3bd2440a (resized).jpg2d19d9391694bbe7a1e861fe3bd2440a (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-110949_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-110949_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-111103_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210704-111103_eBay (resized).jpgdf5ea48db1b28a1578a4dce6e412936b (resized).jpgdf5ea48db1b28a1578a4dce6e412936b (resized).jpghalloween-herocomplex-print2-333x500 (resized).jpghalloween-herocomplex-print2-333x500 (resized).jpg

#6300 2 years ago

I kinda like Halloween as a theme, but I also kinda don’t. The movie was great, and I like the idea of something edgy and suspenseful. But the (hardly unimaginable/quite realistic) theme of a psycho slashing people to death isn’t what I want out of a game of pinball. Plus, I wouldn’t want Michael Myers art prominently displayed in my basement, for the same reason. But that’s just me.

Fingers crossed the other theme is something I’ll really want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.