7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 269.
#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Side art of the head…sweet!!!
[quoted image]

& I was thinking that's just a huge back drop for the photo shoot

#6152 2 years ago

Agree. Leave Scooby for AP or Stern.

#6153 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

& I was thinking that's just a huge back drop for the photo shoot

I thought it was too wide…so my wife told me how they did it and I tested it on my ACNC…all about perspective.

ECE62290-41A9-45B3-9819-FA6FAFF6CEA8 (resized).jpegECE62290-41A9-45B3-9819-FA6FAFF6CEA8 (resized).jpeg
#6154 2 years ago

Obviously not PINSIDERS here.

Inkednonpinside_LI (resized).jpgInkednonpinside_LI (resized).jpg
#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Yep. I hope it never gets made. Waste of parts, materials and resources.

#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Yep. I hope it never gets made. Waste of parts, materials and resources.

So much Scooby hate! The level of disdain for something that is still relevant after 50 years is amusing considering the number of people on Pinside that rant and rave about a machine based on a rock band that was only relevant from 1987 to 1992. Yes GNR lovers, I’m talking about you.

Quoted from Jack8765:

Why leave a property as viable and valuable as Scooby to an inferior pinball manufacturer? If Spooky did it I’d like to think that it would be done correctly. Not rushed for the sake of a money grab.

The above is just my .02.

#6157 2 years ago
20210703_124151 (resized).jpg20210703_124151 (resized).jpg
#6158 2 years ago
#6159 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I think the backglass is great art. But... If I could change one thing, it would be the white Halloween letters. I would prefer red or maybe blood on the letters. I think it would keep the game a little darker in line with the theme.
Any of you pro Photoshop guys able to do that, see how it looks?

Here you go, but I think the white letters are pretty iconic for the title. Alternate color treatments aren't as good.
halloween (resized).pnghalloween (resized).pnghalloween1 (resized).pnghalloween1 (resized).pnghalloween2 (resized).pnghalloween2 (resized).pnghalloween4 (resized).pnghalloween4 (resized).pnghalloween3 (resized).pnghalloween3 (resized).pnghalloween5 (resized).pnghalloween5 (resized).png

#6160 2 years ago

OG white is best, followed by outlined black.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Here you go, but I think the white letters are pretty iconic for the title. Alternate color treatments aren't as good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

OG white is best, followed by outlined black.

Black was my favorite of the quick treatments I did, too.

#6162 2 years ago

I like the last one the best. It's like candy corn.

#6163 2 years ago

Been a huge fan since my Dad scared the shit out of me showing me this movie when I was around 9 years old. Endless possibilities for cool things in this game! I’d be great if they got the rights to “Don’t fear the reaper” for a special mode…also hope to see Leigh Bracket’s perfect sideburns somewhere on that playfield.

E42D024D-46C6-41AB-BC38-18001A573B71 (resized).jpegE42D024D-46C6-41AB-BC38-18001A573B71 (resized).jpeg
#6164 2 years ago

That's what I was thinking, I'm hoping Spooky got the Rights for Blue Öyster Cult, Dont fear the Reaper, as it is featured in the film.

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TBH I don’t think red is as bad as was suggested it would be earlier… especially if the current orange background were to have its own color slightly modified.

#6166 2 years ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:So much Scooby hate! The level of disdain for something that is still relevant after 50 years is amusing considering the number of people on Pinside that rant and rave about a machine based on a rock band that was only relevant from 1987 to 1992. Yes GNR lovers, I’m talking about you.

Why leave a property as viable and valuable as Scooby to an inferior pinball manufacturer? If Spooky did it I’d like to think that it would be done correctly. Not rushed for the sake of a money grab.

It was the most annoying cartoon I had to endure watching. Why it’s been relevant for 50 years is beyond me. I’d rather a pinball based on SimAnt that Scooby Doo. Each time I type “Scooby” I soil myself a little.

I totally agree with GNR, not interested in the least bit. Unfortunately that game has already been manufactured so all the resources have been utilized. I’m sure it made a bunch of dudes happy remembering how much fun it was remembering how much fun it it was to be into a crap trash band. To each their own though.

I’m sure my taste is trash in their eyes. As long as we can agree that each other’s taste is garbage and have a beer laughing, that’s all matters. But for the record, Scooby and GNR are awful ideas/concepts.

Halloween on the other hand spawned decades of influential horror and contributed to cinema in more ways than than most of us can fathom. Carpenter for life! CEs for all!

#6167 2 years ago

It’s certifiably bad. Red text over orange lettering is just not a choice any graphic designer or typographer would make. You want the logo to pop hard not to wash away into the rest of the color scheme. But anyway....

Quoted from skink91:

TBH I don’t think red is as bed as was suggested it would be earlier… especially if the current orange background were to have its own color slightly modified.

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s certifiably bad. Red text over orange lettering is just not a choice any graphic designer or typographer would make. You want the logo to pop hard not to wash away into the rest of the color scheme. But anyway....

The character should pop, not so much the title.

That is why his head covers some of it up

#6169 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

It was the most annoying cartoon I had to endure watching. Why it’s been relevant for 50 years is beyond me. I’d rather a pinball based on SimAnt that Scooby Doo. Each time I type “Scooby” I soil myself a little.
I totally agree with GNR, not interested in the least bit. Unfortunately that game has already been manufactured so all the resources have been utilized. I’m sure it made a bunch of dudes happy remembering how much fun it was remembering how much fun it it was to be into a crap trash band. To each their own though.
I’m sure my taste is trash in their eyes. As long as we can agree that each other’s taste is garbage and have a beer laughing, that’s all matters. But for the record, Scooby and GNR are awful ideas/concepts.
Halloween on the other hand spawned decades of influential horror and contributed to cinema in more ways than than most of us can fathom. Carpenter for life! CEs for all!

I recall the characters being frustratingly stupid and stumbling into the resolutions.

#6170 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s certifiably bad.

I must be ‘certifiable’ then… because I think the first in that series looks just fine.

#6171 2 years ago

Could you read the text from 50 yards if the character was not recognizable to you? No.
That’s bad graphic design. End of story.

Quoted from skink91:

I must be ‘certifiable’ then… because I think the first in that series looks just fine.

#6172 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Could you read the text from 50 yards if the character was not recognizable to you? No.

Yeah, legibility at a distance is the issue.

#6173 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are spending $7-$10 K on this machine. We sure as hell better find him recognizable.

This isn't 1978 and them hoping people watch their new movie LOL

#6174 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I can certainly agree with you on this!

#6176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, legibility at a distance is the issue.

Yes, because people are 50 yards away from a pin.... happens all the time?

#6177 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not color blind. I’m not looking to see it from 50 yards (which I wouldn’t be able to do anyway in any color). I stated I didn’t think it was so bad. That seems to make you upset for some reason.

End of story.

#6178 2 years ago

Sure, you are the target market though. The game could just have a photo and no text and you would be good. But someone sitting all the way across the room from this game shouldn’t have to wonder “what is that game?” It’s just basic graphic design, it should be clear and every one regardless of your previous knowledge should be able to identify the theme immediately. I can’t believe I even have to argue this. It’s just day one shit. But maybe I’ll go chat about it in a graphic design forum instead. The artist made the right choice concerning the typography and color choices. Moving on...

Quoted from Beechwood:

We are spending $7-$10 K on this machine. We sure as hell better find him recognizable.
This isn't 1978 and them hoping people watch their new movie LOL

#6179 2 years ago

Wow. You are a serious Richard. All over scooby fucking doo.

Shaking my godamn head over man children

#6180 2 years ago

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but the only reason I am arguing this at all is because you are absolutely NOT moving on.

#6181 2 years ago

Some people ARE color blind....the game ain’t just for you. End of story haha

Quoted from skink91:

I’m not color blind. I’m not looking to see it from 50 yards (which I wouldn’t be able to do anyway in any color). I stated I didn’t think it was so bad. That seems to make you upset for some reason.
End of story.

#6182 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

So you were forced to watch Scooby Doo. I am so sorry you had to endure so much trauma in your life. I wish I could give you a hug and tell you it’s going to be ok. Just go watch Michael murder some people to make you feel better.

All I had to endure growing up was getting the shit kicked out of me by my mom, but I now realize that was nothing compared to the self abuse I put myself through by watching Scooby Doo.

#6183 2 years ago

Graphic design choices aside I think we can ALL AGREE to block BallyKISS1978 Hahaha

#6184 2 years ago

The reality here is that all art and assets need approval. I don't expect that red or some of these other options would be approved. OG seems to be the way.

#6185 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

GnR rocks and I’ll happily pony up $9k for the CE Mystery Machine Edition.

Velma for the win!

AA6B70AA-2015-41AB-98AD-7B14AF1873D3 (resized).jpegAA6B70AA-2015-41AB-98AD-7B14AF1873D3 (resized).jpeg

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Wow. You are a serious Richard. All over scooby fucking doo.
Shaking my godamn head over man children

I have gone through more than you know son. More of a man than you will ever be my friend. I have Parkinson’s, heart issues, and poor health, I buried three children and served my country. When I was growing up I watched Scooby Doo and other things when I was a kid to escape mentally from a mother who would beat the shit out of me and was also verbally abusive.

We all have themes and movies we loved as a kid and still do that got us through some pretty shitty times. I could call you a psycho for loving to watch movies about a lunatic murdering people. My wife loves and still watches Scooby Doo, so is she a woman child? Your pathetic.

#6187 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yes, because people are 50 yards away from a pin.... happens all the time?

I didn't say 50 yards. But on LOCATION, it should "pop" from across the bar or lounge or lobby or whatever. That's good graphic design.

#6188 2 years ago

Also, 50 yards was an obvious exaggeration

Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't say 50 yards. But on LOCATION, it should "pop" from across the bar or lounge or lobby or whatever. That's good graphic design.

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have Parkinson’s, heart issues,

Sorry to hear that. Look into near-infrared light. 670nm wavelength LEDs. You can DIY a cap for less than $100 that may slow or stop your symptom progression. Lots of very interesting studies over the last decade. You can also juice the effect by adding 810nm LED lights, too.

#6190 2 years ago

I have gone through more than you know son. More of a man than you will ever be my friend. I have Parkinson’s, heart issues, and poor health, I buried three children and served my country. When I was growing up I watched Scooby Doo and other things when I was a kid to escape mentally from a mother who would beat the shit out of me and was also verbally abusive.
We all have themes and movies we loved as a kid and still do that got us through some pretty shitty times. I could call you a psycho for loving to watch movies about a lunatic murdering people. My wife loves and still watches Scooby Doo, so is she a woman child? Your pathetic.

Then stop being your mom. Agree to disagree on a simple cartoon. Some like it, some don't.

Thanks for your service.

#6191 2 years ago

See, now if you all had BallyKISS1978 blocked than you wouldn’t have had to read all that.

#6192 2 years ago
77EE7C19-9B06-4F86-86C7-411A2F30A4B0 (resized).jpeg77EE7C19-9B06-4F86-86C7-411A2F30A4B0 (resized).jpeg
#6193 2 years ago

Given all your issues, perhaps better if you just take a deep breath once in a while.

#6194 2 years ago

I really enjoy sparring a bit on pinside… but this site always just ends up making me sad for humanity and glad I have a dog.

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

GnR rocks and I’ll happily pony up $9k for the CE Mystery Machine Edition.
Velma for the win!
[quoted image]

The CE’s come with a Velma fleshlight coindoor?!?!?

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I really enjoy sparring a bit on pinside… but this site always just ends up making me sad for humanity and glad I have a dog.

I love all pinsiders- their bark is worse than their bite.

I guarantee I’d rather have a talk over a beer with a pinsider vs 99% of the people I deal with in a given day.

#6197 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:I have gone through more than you know son. More of a man than you will ever be my friend. I have Parkinson’s, heart issues, and poor health, I buried three children and served my country. When I was growing up I watched Scooby Doo and other things when I was a kid to escape mentally from a mother who would beat the shit out of me and was also verbally abusive.

Are these all excuses for how you act around here?

#6198 2 years ago

Spooky give us some more playfield pics! I like all of what I see so far. Gimme some more.

#6199 2 years ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:

Because Spooky can do better.

#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Because Spooky can do better.

Plus, Spooky needs to do penance for contract dreck like Domino's and especially Jetsons. Scooby Doo with a good BoM would cleanse those sins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/124?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.