7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 269.
#5651 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

For a modern pinball game, there isn't enough content in the original movie to keep the player interested for long. The movie plot is extremely simple - Michael escapes, Michael kills, Michael 'dies' - rinse and repeat for another 6 movies.
For a modern pin, you really need to go with Elm Street or Evil Dead for a much deeper, more engaging rule set. And the 2 biggest personalities in the world of horror are probably, Ash and Freddy.
I'm sure Spooky have something up their sleeve. 2 games in one would only work if it was the same theme, but in 2 different styles. You can't switch the artwork. So perhaps they're doing the old Family Guy/Shrek thing, 2 themes using the same layout, but 2 separate games.
That teaser pic they released a while back has nothing to do with the Halloween movie...if anything, it's closer to Scooby Doo.
Horror is the hardest theme to pull off successfully, because it has to be scary or at least make you feel uneasy....otherwise you end up with Monster Bash or Scared Stiff. And the only way to make Halloween scary, is if you have access to full assets, including Jamie-Lee Curtis, the wonderful Donald Pleasance and of course, John Carpenter's epic soundtrack (a Denesi remix might be ok).
Halloween III's soundtrack alone, is enough to make you shit your pants...

I just don't get posts like this... at all. You have not seen the machine, let alone the code. How can you possibly state that there's 'not enough to keep players interested'? It's lunacy.

#5652 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I just don't get posts like this... at all. You have not seen the machine, let alone the code. How can you possibly state that there's 'not enough to keep players interested'? It's lunacy.

I guy stalks and kills people. How much content can there possibly be? Thinking there’s a lot there kinda sounds like lunacy also. Might want to take your fan boy glasses off for a second.

#5653 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I guy stalks and kills people. How much content can there possibly be? Thinking there’s a lot there kinda sounds like lunacy.

Good thing you guys don't own pinball companies!

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Good thing you guys don't own pinball companies!

And the same goes for you. There would definitely be more unhappy people if you did. You honestly think there’s a lot of content there for a slasher horror film? Ok poindexter.

#5655 2 years ago

I guy stalks and kills people. How much content can there possibly be? Thinking there’s a lot there kinda sounds like lunacy.

Maybe you’re not creative?

People love games like AFM and MM because they have simple yet satisfying game play loops.

It doesn’t take a lot of content if the core loop is fun and sprinkled with a few different things along the way

#5656 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe you’re not creative?
People love games like AFM and MM because they have simple yet satisfying game play loops.
It doesn’t take a lot of content if the core loop is fun and sprinkled with a few different things along the way

Nice going to personal attacks. Typical. No sound argument but personal attack. That was then and this is now. Content is part of it and if you think it’s not go flip some old solid state pins. When people pay top dollar for a pin they want more content and modes. Please explain other modes besides Michael killing someone or someone trying to get away from Michael.

#5657 2 years ago

Nice going to personal attacks. Typical. No sound argument but personal attack. That was then and this is now. Content is part of it and if you think it’s not go flip some old solid state pins. When people pay top dollar for a pin they want more content and modes. Please explain other modes besides Michael killing someone or someone trying to get away from Michael.

Jesus. Wait one more week and find out for yourself. That's the point. No point crying about a lack of of content you made up in your head when none of us know anything about the modes or the layout.

#5658 2 years ago

Isn't Poindexter a personal attack?

#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes...in 1975. Pretty sure that I heard it used in the 80s too. But thats about the last time anyone has used that one that I can remember.

#5660 2 years ago

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yes...in 1975. Pretty sure that I heard it used in the 80s too. But thats about the last time anyone has used that one that I can remember.

Homer has been using it in reference to Milhouse for the last 30 years.

#5661 2 years ago

We don’t know what anything looks like let alone how it’s going to play. So I definitely think everyone here should continue to go nuts and fight with each other, because there’s nothing left to do while we wait. And its Pinside after all! Round 13 Wooooooo!

8EB6015D-12A3-47E5-AB30-7DB0EB0A7633.gif8EB6015D-12A3-47E5-AB30-7DB0EB0A7633.gif
#5662 2 years ago

Someone totally fucking hates Halloween.

#5663 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

We don’t know what anything looks like let alone how it’s going to play. So I definitely think everyone here should continue to go nuts and fight with each other, because there’s nothing left to do while we wait. And its Pinside after all! Round 13 Wooooooo!
[quoted image]

We could talk about Laser Disc collecting for a few pages.

#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Bit rot.

#5665 2 years ago

I don’t know how you manage to evolve in reverse, but you are certainly making an art of it.

#5666 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Throw in a debate about VHS vs Beta and it’s on!

#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Now you gone and done

#5668 2 years ago

What if the key for the game is an actual vhs tape that you have to insert into the head to power on and the LCD screen looks like a dusty tape with bad tracking. Would be pretttt siiiick.

#5669 2 years ago

Bruh, you have a Monster Bash Remake. Don’t tell me you don’t spend top dollar on games that don’t have a lot of content

That’s another great example of a simple game with a very satisfying gameplay loop.

#5670 2 years ago

Post your top 5 tapes. I better not see a Chopping Mall or Curtains though.

#5671 2 years ago

I got a bunch of cool LDs from the old days. Picked up a killer player a couple months ago at a yardsale. Hadn't watched any of them in over 20 years I guess. I can't believe these are bit rotting. The horror.

20210701_212128 (resized).jpg20210701_212128 (resized).jpg20210701_212105 (resized).jpg20210701_212105 (resized).jpg20210701_212039 (resized).jpg20210701_212039 (resized).jpg20210701_212738 (resized).jpg20210701_212738 (resized).jpg20210701_212800 (resized).jpg20210701_212800 (resized).jpg20210701_212821 (resized).jpg20210701_212821 (resized).jpg
#5672 2 years ago

Let's talk about how The Fog is NOT a good movie.

#5673 2 years ago
3BCA7475-CEB6-44A5-94FD-292F1D6D79F8 (resized).jpeg3BCA7475-CEB6-44A5-94FD-292F1D6D79F8 (resized).jpeg
#5674 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Let's talk about how The Fog is NOT a good movie.

When you're regular, or really high?

#5675 2 years ago

Fog is totally solid. Slow paced creepy all-feel flick. True not a massive ending but that's OK.

Quoted from Pinstym:

I got a bunch of cool LDs from the old days...

Funny just picked up the last of mine form folks house.

20210701_214603.jpg20210701_214603.jpg
#5676 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

When you're regular, or really high?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Fog is totally solid. Slow paced creepy all-feel flick. True not a massive ending but that's OK.

Neither, the only thing that could save that movie is The Mist.

#5677 2 years ago

Always loved this movie too.

Naked guy falling forever mode.

20210701_214714 (resized).jpg20210701_214714 (resized).jpg
#5678 2 years ago

Psycho - a theme just for Pinside

#5679 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Fog is totally solid. Slow paced creepy all-feel flick. True not a massive ending but that's OK.

Funny just picked up the last of mine form folks house.[quoted image]

What was the deal with The Evil Dead LD? I could never find it. Was that an only in Japan type thing? Can't remember.

#5680 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny just picked up the last of mine form folks house.[quoted image]

Quoted from Zablon:

Neither, the only thing that could save that movie is The Mist.

I prefer The Mist, but originally saw The Fog as a young kid while on the Oregon coast--that gave it some added atmosphere and magic. I've since seen the The Fog as an adult, and it's not something I'd recommend with so many better options at the push of a button these days (lending the VHS...yes ).

#5681 2 years ago

The Mist is great. It hits you over the head with its themes, but I love it when people were the real monsters the whole time.

Big part of why The Thing and Dawn of the Dead are so good.

#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Post your top 5 tapes. I better not see a Chopping Mall or Curtains though.

Debbie Does Dallas 1-5

#5683 2 years ago

Wow! This thread is crazy…I’ll throw one out…Coraline. Pretty dark and yet fun…not sure it’s Charlie worthy though.

#5684 2 years ago

The Mist I thought was pretty poor other than the ending which is top shelf. But early 80s verses late 2000s, totally diff'rent animals.

Quoted from Pinstym:

What was the deal with The Evil Dead LD? I could never find it. Was that an only in Japan type thing? Can't remember.

Yeah Nippon release, first with the AOD alternate ending I think.

#5685 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#5686 2 years ago

And let the real theme please stand up...

Arachnophobia-1990-Movie-Poster (resized).jpgArachnophobia-1990-Movie-Poster (resized).jpg
#5687 2 years ago

Oh man Spring Breakers was so fucking good. Parental Horror movie; amazing idea.

#5688 2 years ago

I'm going with the Thing, Creepshow or

Fade to Black... Same rights owner as Halloween.
Fade_to_black_1980.jpegFade_to_black_1980.jpeg

#5689 2 years ago

What about Pink Panther or Spy vs. Spy? Maybe a comic strip or book. Charlie Brown?

#5690 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

What about Pink Panther or Spy vs. Spy? Maybe a comic strip or book. Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown would be incredible. So surprised this doesn't come up more in wanted themes.

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Higher quality than a company I know in Chicago.

Of course you mean two companies at this point…right in Chicago?

#5692 2 years ago

#5693 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I don't think any Pink Panther pin made today can outdo Gottlieb's masterpiece, especially considering this backglass
517458e0cf93e0fe1cd93fdff3c0e9e749ad0517.jpg517458e0cf93e0fe1cd93fdff3c0e9e749ad0517.jpg

I hope the second theme is Driller Killer or Street Trash; an obscure 80s horror B-movie would be sick!!!

download (1).jpgdownload (1).jpgdownload.jpgdownload.jpg

#5694 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Yeah, I liked the movie but am really surprised by the fandom asking for it to be a pin. I put it at about the same level of appeal as romancing the stone, Allan quartermain and the lost city of gold, and the golden child…and ain’t nobody asking for them to be pins!

I loved all those movies you mentioned. Too bad jewel of the Nile was not as good as Romancing the stone but always makes me laugh. Allan quarter main and the lost city of gold loved too. Golden child classic just like Big Trouble. Here is a song I heard on the radio on XM a classic from 80’s station and DJ explained it never made it to the movie.

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

... Street Trash; an obscure 80s horror B-movie

was so "good" at that time

#5696 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I don’t know how you manage to evolve in reverse

Awwww Fiddlesticks!

#5697 2 years ago

Think the thread needs a laugh or a ....cough cough! Clown Sticker in my Fang Club could be a hint! Cheech and Chong If not I at least know why the ghosts eyes are red ha ha

7D9D1BCF-04FA-495F-80CB-DA28D9C5B462 (resized).jpeg7D9D1BCF-04FA-495F-80CB-DA28D9C5B462 (resized).jpeg
#5698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Think the thread needs a laugh or a ....cough cough! Clown Sticker in my Fang Club could be a hint! Cheech and Chong If not I at least know why the ghosts eyes are red ha ha[quoted image]

Cheech & Chong is the best suggestion in this entire thread.

Insta-buy CE.

Army of Darkenss just moved to #2.

#5699 2 years ago

Cheech and Chong are well know in America. I didn't know they were known about much in Australia and Europe.

#5700 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Cheech and Chong are well know in America. I didn't know they were known about much in Australia and Europe.

Wut!???

Here's me thought they were Aussies!? Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/114?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.