7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 269.
#5601 2 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

i noticed that the spooky store is closed.

I believe fang membership had to be "XX" days before the release and purchasing ability of being a fang member. As in day of sales you can't buy a fang membership to buy a machine, gotta be a fang for a while to buy.

I am hoping as fang member I can buy one of each in the CE division

#5602 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I believe fang membership had to be "XX" days before the release and purchasing ability of being a fang member. As in day of sales you can't buy a fang membership to buy a machine, gotta be a fang for a while to buy.
I am hoping as fang member I can buy one of each in the CE division

Not true from my recollection. There were people that tried to buy from a distributor and were told they had to be a fang club member. They went and bought and showed that they made the purchase, and then were able to order a machine. I didn't do it this way, but I know others that did.

I don't know if it will work the same way this time around, but for R&M, there were people that bought Fang Club memberships the day of.

#5603 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not true from my recollection. There were people that tried to buy from a distributor and were told they had to be a fang club member. They went and bought and showed that they made the purchase, and then were able to order a machine. I didn't do it this way, but I know others that did.
I don't know if it will work the same way this time around, but for R&M, there were people that bought Fang Club memberships the day of.

Sorry I should have been clear, only speaking for this round

#5604 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ah, gotcha... I read it as the past. I hadn't heard about how they are doing it this time.

#5605 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Well good. I hope I got my membership just in time then! If this info hits mainstream like Bloody Disgusting, and they still allowed people to buy the fang club membership the day prior to going on sale, this thing would be gone in no time.

#5606 2 years ago

Lame Trump impersonation. I thought Rich Little was bad growing up. I stand corrected.

#5607 2 years ago

I thought I saw somewhere that you had to purchase the membership by April 29th to be qualified??
That’s why I bought mine three days prior to that date....

#5608 2 years ago

There was a date for swag, but not for purchasing the new machine. As far as anyone knows at this point, you can buy the membership anytime, but you can only order the machines while they are in stock.

I imagine the site is down for them to update it.

#5609 2 years ago

If it can’t be Evil Dead or Army of Darkness then…

853C939B-DE7C-4194-BE35-F6B65FA086A4 (resized).jpeg853C939B-DE7C-4194-BE35-F6B65FA086A4 (resized).jpegBB6F582D-39A0-4168-86FA-C300A91C5731 (resized).pngBB6F582D-39A0-4168-86FA-C300A91C5731 (resized).png
#5610 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I thought I saw somewhere that you had to purchase the membership by April 29th to be qualified??
That’s why I bought mine three days prior to that date....

Hmm could be, but I thought Spooky was encouraging folks up til a week ago to join fang if they wanted in early.

This would be a great place for Spooky to clarify now to avoid later confusion

#5611 2 years ago

Wait! Has this been mentioned?

988B95D6-E6CA-47FD-A29F-6ABEC1B4328A (resized).jpeg988B95D6-E6CA-47FD-A29F-6ABEC1B4328A (resized).jpeg
#5612 2 years ago

Why are people still throwing out guesses for the new title? Did someone had out idiot pills recently?

#5613 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Why are people still throwing out guesses for the new title? Did someone had out idiot pills recently?

Read something about one design - two themes

#5614 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Someone hasn't been keeping up with current events.

#5615 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmm could be, but I thought Spooky was encouraging folks up til a week ago to join fang if they wanted in early.
This would be a great place for Spooky to clarify now to avoid later confusion

Yeah, that's how I read it. And then I bought a membership. So hopefully that's the case.

#5616 2 years ago

those memberships were about timelines if you wanted to get the yearly swag. Not to do with ordering a game. If they've changed anything regarding date lockouts for games, I've not seen anything.

#5617 2 years ago

There was a warning when I purchased my membership that it could take a few days to activate. If that's really the case, then it could limit the ability to become a member the same day sales go live.

#5618 2 years ago

I was encouraged by Spooky's staff to purchase a membership if I wanted to purchase the game. This was on Monday.

#5619 2 years ago

Also, here's a thought. People were wondering if we would be Michael or the babysitters. Why can't we be both throughout the game. One Mode, you are saving the babysitters. Next Mode, you are slicing and dicing.

#5620 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:There was a date for swag, but not for purchasing the new machine. As far as anyone knows at this point, you can buy the membership anytime, but you can only order the machines while they are in stock.
I imagine the site is down for them to update it.

That makes sense. I’m sure they’d have a lot of pissed off members if April 29th was a cut off for game purchase rights....

#5621 2 years ago

idiot pills are for people who don’t read the thread before making comments.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

#5622 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Also, here's a thought. People were wondering if we would be Michael or the babysitters. Why can't we be both throughout the game. One Mode, you are saving the babysitters. Next Mode, you are slicing and dicing.

For cohesiveness probably one or the other makes more sense....but they could do a Transformers or Alien/Aliens thing where you pick one or the other at the beginning.

#5623 2 years ago

How about a multiplayer game where one player is Michael and the others are the victims. The Michael player could control certain aspects of the game with their shots and change how the other players needed to react.

#5624 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

How about a multiplayer game where one player is Michael and the others are the victims. The Michael player could control certain aspects of the game with their shots and change how the other players needed to react.

This would never work. Just break the glass and steal the ball. Winner winner halloween dinner.

#5625 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

My dream Jaws game has a 3 v 1 mode

Three people pick from Sheriff, Fisherman, Ocean Biologist. The Sheriff clears beaches of people (limiting how much the shark grows in strength), the Fisherman damages the shark to try to kill it, and the Ocean Biologist tracks the shark to find it quicker (ie less shots to make progress). Together they can slow down the shark with barrels.

Someone else is the shark, who gets stronger by eating people and tries to sink the Orca ship.

#5626 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Well good. I hope I got my membership just in time then! If this info hits mainstream like Bloody Disgusting, and they still allowed people to buy the fang club membership the day prior to going on sale, this thing would be gone in no time.

This exactly. It will 100% be featured on BD. I’m hoping the Fang Club is no longer accessible until it’s been offered to existing members. Scalping BD trash ruins everything.

#5627 2 years ago

I wrote out a rough rule set for Friday 13th pin where one player would be Jason vs three campers. Would definitely work for Halloween too, BETTER for F13 but...

Here’s how I see a Friday the 13 pin
It should have three independent game types embedded a la TMNT coop or JPs Escape Nublar Mini mode:
1-play as Jason alone (single player) single timed ball game where you have to kill all the campers. Jason can obtain multis by breaking team ups by campers. Plays like Safecracker basically.
2- as a camper (single player) you team up with other campers by ripping spinner to collect 1. Pop bumper hits for 2. Ramp shots for 3 etc and total number of campers collected are reflected in the number of balls in various multi modes. As you drain balls your camper dies. Jason can also kill campers/balls in lock position if his moving insert captures them at a ball lock position. ( Jason moves like Dinosaurs in JP, quicker and more random by how agitated he is)
Finally...
3- CO-OP MODE: one player plays as Jason. Single timed ball ( playable time is determined by the campers ball times ) Jason can steal multiballs by break team ups but is granted no easily obtainable multiball. Campers are played by up to 5 other players, who can team up in game against Jason with whomever they collect with Team Up shots. Jason should be played by the most advanced player in your group, and noobs should be collected quickly by more advanced camper players so they don’t get picked off.
Could you IMAGINE how addictive that game play would be?!?!?

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

#5628 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My dream Jaws game has a 3 v 1 mode
Three people pick from Sheriff, Fisherman, Ocean Biologist. The Sheriff clears beaches of people (limiting how much the shark grows in strength), the Fisherman damages the shark to try to kill it, and the Ocean Biologist tracks the shark to find it quicker (ie less shots to make progress). Together they can slow down the shark with barrels.
Someone else is the shark, who gets stronger by eating people and tries to sink the Orca ship.

If the machine doesn't do this then its not worth making.....

#5629 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:Spooky did post ALF on FB a ways back
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8b3175430d2199764246c930b01bc2381a482d0c-1625174446-1800"};
//]]>

(I had responded to it).
Doubt that's it though...hoping that's not it, as I'd prefer a second theme to be of no interest to me. It would be awkward to want both themes with the same layout.... [quoted image]

Quoted from Zablon:

Let me introduce you to Bronies....
[quoted image]\
Also...there's an Alf photo on their FB. So..I mean, give me a break with the age stuff. ;P

Freddy Vs. ALF would get my money

20210701_171651 (resized).jpg20210701_171651 (resized).jpg
#5630 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Well, spending tons of time on a pinball forum is a debatable strategy if a major goal in life is to be considered cool by others. Not saying it can't work, it's just not making it any easier.

He didn't say he WAS handsome and cool. He said he would RATHER be handsome and cool. The guy can have goals.

#5631 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Freddy Vs. ALF would get my money [quoted image]

A different ALF that could be interesting!

#5632 2 years ago

I would really struggle coming up with rules that totally fit within the first Halloween. The only scene I know I'd want is Michael getting shot by Dr. Loomis and falling off the balcony at the end. For that scene I would want to shoot something six times, representing the six gunshots. There obviously has to be some scene modes where Michael is chasing Laurie. I'm trying to think about what else is iconic in Halloween? There is the jack-o-lantern. You could somehow have to complete that. It does take place on it's namesake holiday, so maybe there is some trick-or-treat mode...but those seems so lighthearted compared with everything else from the movie. I would be challenging to weave everything together.

#5633 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You must be absolutely magnificent!

You don’t know the half of it buddy.

#5634 2 years ago

You can buy the fang club membership again on the website.

#5635 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm trying to think about what else is iconic in Halloween.

The station wagon?

#5636 2 years ago

Question.....

If the playfields layout is the same, can we swap game code over to play each game?
I am assuming that you could?

#5637 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The station wagon?

Perhaps.

#5638 2 years ago

Chefs knife
Jack-o-lantern
Station wagon
Meyers mask
Meyers house
Meyers behind bush
Meyers in car killing Annie
Judiths Tombstone on bed
Laurie in the closet w/hanger
Meyers in ghost-sheet
Loomis (in general…lol)

I’m hoping you play as Michael. Escape the prison van and just work your way through town. Final confrontation with Loomis, he kills you or you survive.

#5639 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would really struggle coming up with rules that totally fit within the first Halloween. Really the only scene I know I'd want is Michael getting shot by Dr. Loomis and falling off the balcony at the end. For that scene I would want to shoot something six times, representing the six gunshots. I'm trying to think about what else is iconic in Halloween.

For a modern pinball game, there isn't enough content in the original movie to keep the player interested for long. The movie plot is extremely simple - Michael escapes, Michael kills, Michael 'dies' - rinse and repeat for another 6 movies.

For a modern pin, you really need to go with Elm Street or Evil Dead for a much deeper, more engaging rule set. And the 2 biggest personalities in the world of horror are probably, Ash and Freddy.

I'm sure Spooky have something up their sleeve. 2 games in one would only work if it was the same theme, but in 2 different styles. You can't switch the artwork. So perhaps they're doing the old Family Guy/Shrek thing, 2 themes using the same layout, but 2 separate games.

That teaser pic they released a while back has nothing to do with the Halloween movie...if anything, it's closer to Scooby Doo.

Horror is the hardest theme to pull off successfully, because it has to be scary or at least make you feel uneasy....otherwise you end up with Monster Bash or Scared Stiff. And the only way to make Halloween scary, is if you have access to full assets, including Jamie-Lee Curtis, the wonderful Donald Pleasance and of course, John Carpenter's epic soundtrack (a Denesi remix might be ok).

Halloween III's soundtrack alone, is enough to make you shit your pants...

#5640 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

For a modern pin, you really need to go with Elm Street or Evil Dead for a much deeper, more engaging rule set.

I found what you are looking for!!! But the flips are misaligned

4A8BC94B-6350-4677-87D5-3F5CD119340A (resized).jpeg4A8BC94B-6350-4677-87D5-3F5CD119340A (resized).jpeg

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

Obligatory Pinside question: Does the Jason move?

#5642 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

At least the playfield doesnt chip

#5643 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Higher quality than a company I know in Chicago.

#5644 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

I really dig the wire form through the hockey mask.

#5645 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Oh snap.

…that’s a thing people still say, right?

#5646 2 years ago

How many of us quickly scroll through these endless posts looking for comments solely from the Spooky guys or Ben Heck?

#5647 2 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

How many of us quickly scroll through these endless posts looking for comments solely from the Spooky guys or Ben Heck?

Probably very few. Because they use the search function.

#5648 2 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

So many shit posts (myself included), but I’m enjoying it.

Innocent fun

#5649 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Haha. Buddy sent me that from Facebook when I started making Halloween. I don’t even understand what is going on there with the layout.

#5650 2 years ago

All of you that wanted a F&F Pinball... It's coming...

Wile E Coyote & Road Runner debuted on September 17, 1949, in a Looney Tunes short prophetically titled “Fast and Furry-ous."

NO need to order all of the ACME accessories such as Anvil's, Rocket-Powered Roller Skates, Bird Seed, Bed Springs etc... Just get the Spooky "CE".... Cartoon Edition.

ACME_mrclean (resized).pngACME_mrclean (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.