IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg
83721fa5cd1beae8a2cf2251eefffe3c (resized).jpeg
mme (resized).png
IMG_6061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
972503_981de8e56aa54690872a216de1d17874~mv2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0786 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 268.
#5451 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I’d be all-in on that theme.

It would be brutal and Pickles was from Tomahawk Wisconsin.

#5452 2 years ago

Scooooooby……Doooooooo!!!!

#5453 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace???

Never heard of it - so it’s prob a better guess than the others. Looked it up - too new.

I wanna check it out now, so thanks for bringing it up! Matthew Berry is hilarious. Toast of London & What We Do In The Shadows are amazing. Spooky should totally nab the Shadows license if they haven’t already. Perfect theme for them & the funniest show on TV right now, IMO.

BAT!!!!

#5454 2 years ago

It is clearly Paperboy. All of the holes are either different murder houses (Halloween) or different paper deliver houses (Paperboy)

B4E4D561-1C22-41C6-BCF0-0B0CE2AA422A (resized).jpegB4E4D561-1C22-41C6-BCF0-0B0CE2AA422A (resized).jpeg
#5455 2 years ago

It's crazy to think that we may very well not have seen a single picture of Halloween.

#5457 2 years ago

I’m still guessing some random public domain thing

Original theme would be interesting too I suppose (and fits the niche category)

It kinda tempers some of my expectations on the mechs being particularly unique to Halloween/horror if the other theme isn’t horror. Could have been fun to see a butcher knife slashing mech as a ball stop (sorta like GOT) or a Jack-o-lantern ball lock. I’m sure the mechs are still new and different. And then I start to wonder, what came first the mech or theme.

I’m also still curious if there is a cap on the other game or if it cuts into the 1,000 Halloween units.

#5458 2 years ago

Also I wonder if Stern will reconsider some rethemes depending on how well this goes over

Munsters was such a waste of a good shooting layout. Gimmie The Beatles without the expensive license.

#5459 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Reskins don't have to be thematically similar.

Yes, but it could work with rules.

#5460 2 years ago

How did Spooky get Bill Cosby out for their 2nd release- Cosby Show or Fat Albert

#5461 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

How did Spooky get Bill Cosby out for their 2nd release- Cosby Show or Fat Albert

Where’s PinkMonk with another joke about Trudeau

It’d have the same screams and eerie silence with heavy breathing sounds of a Halloween game.

#5462 2 years ago

Two themes, same playfield.

76083F26-2EA2-49A4-B458-978A9C9201C3 (resized).jpeg76083F26-2EA2-49A4-B458-978A9C9201C3 (resized).jpeg
#5463 2 years ago

Ben not ruled this out

2AECE88E-6C8E-41A9-ABFA-81D0AED3FC8D (resized).jpeg2AECE88E-6C8E-41A9-ABFA-81D0AED3FC8D (resized).jpeg
#5464 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m still guessing some random public domain thing.

If it were they wouldn't be having to hold off on the reveal to wrap up final licensing things.

#5465 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jesus Mary and Joseph...
ITS NOT SCOOBY!

So you’re saying it’s Shaggy?

#5466 2 years ago

Stacked and loaded.

#5467 2 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Any love for Alice in Wonderland? Could make for a particularly trippy/vibrant theme.

I would personally love to see this title happen. The license was evidently in the hands of Popaduik back in 2013 or so, and there is some hand-drawn art in black and white for that project. I don't know if it went any further than that, perhaps some sketched out art and maybe some early concepts for a playfield. I would assume that license expired, if it was ever acquired at all. I would love to see a JJP version of Alice in Wonderland. That story is so bonkers I would think the game would need alot going on, something like WOZ, but with more ramps.

#5468 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I would personally love to see this title happen. The license was evidently in the hands of Popaduik back in 2013 or so, and there is some hand-drawn art in black and white for that project. I don't know if it went any further than that, perhaps some sketched out art and maybe some early concepts for a playfield. I would assume that license expired, if it was ever acquired at all. I would love to see a JJP version of Alice in Wonderland. That story is so bonkers I would think the game would need alot going on, something like WOZ, but with more ramps.

No license. Alice is in the public domain.

#5469 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Come on spooky..make it gung ho, or Xanadu
[quoted image][quoted image]

Xanadu is bound to happen sooner or later. ONJ in her prime combined with ELO? Rollerskating with Gene Kelly way past his prime?

A place...where nobody dared to go...Xanadu your neon lights will shine...FOR YOU XANADU!

#5470 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

No license. Alice is in the public domain.

Cool, even better. No license fees per game. Just need JJP or someone to design it! The white rabbit hole scoop to start modes...Mad Hatter mb mode with magnets scattering balls...Cheshire Cat disappearing and reappearing at various inserts that you have to shoot to catch him...Tweedle Dum and Dee can pop up like trolls in MM...Queen of Hearts wizard mode...

#5471 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Ben not ruled this out
[quoted image]

I heard that Bill Cosby has been released from prison....So yea baby

#5472 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

We've already seen the playfield...

Pmsl Love it Ha ha

#5473 2 years ago

Bill Cosby escaped prison, just like Michael Myers?

#5474 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, no one has seen this yet.

so mature

#5475 2 years ago

Hey Ben If it’s family friendly and animated is it one of these :

Looney Tunes
Bugs Bunny Show
Animaniacs
The Smurfs
Darkwing Duck
Gummi Bears
Inspector Gadget
Thundercats
Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers
Garfield & Friends
Care Bears
Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats
Snorks
Beetlejuice (the cartoon series)
Dennis The Menace
DangerMouse
Count Duckula
ALF (animated)
Tom & Jerry
Johnny Quest
The Funky Phantom
Space Ghost
Under Dog
The Magilla Gorilla
Groovie Goolies
Schoolhouse Rock
Hong Kong Phoey
The Grape Ape
The Flintstones
Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
Tiny Toon Adventures
DuckTales
The Yogi Bear Show
The Pink Panther Show

#5476 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Bill Cosby escaped prison, just like Michael Myers?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/court-overturns-bill-cosbys-sex-assault-conviction-bars-further-prosecution.html

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned Bill Cosby’s indecent assault conviction on Wednesday.

The high court tossed the comedian’s conviction for assaulting Andrea Constand because of a non-prosecution agreement Cosby had with a prior prosecutor.

Cosby was released from prison because of the ruling, which bars him from being tried again in the case.

maybe we get a Fat Albert Pinball...?

#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hey Ben If it’s family friendly and animated is it one of these :
Looney Tunes
Bugs Bunny Show
Animaniacs
The Smurfs
Darkwing Duck
Gummi Bears
Inspector Gadget
Thundercats
Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers
Garfield & Friends
Care Bears
Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats
Snorks
Beetlejuice (the cartoon series)
Dennis The Menace
DangerMouse
Count Duckula
ALF (animated)
Tom & Jerry
Johnny Quest
The Funky Phantom
Space Ghost
Under Dog
The Magilla Gorilla
Groovie Goolies
Schoolhouse Rock
Hong Kong Phoey
The Grape Ape
The Flintstones
Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
Tiny Toon Adventures
DuckTales
The Yogi Bear Show
The Pink Panther Show

Spooky did post ALF on FB a ways back (I had responded to it).

Doubt that's it though...hoping that's not it, as I'd prefer a second theme to be of no interest to me. It would be awkward to want both themes with the same layout....

Screenshot_20210701-075021_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210701-075021_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5478 2 years ago

I’m thinking OK HALLOWEEN / Michael Myers obviously going to be stalking / chasing going on with the playfield... what iconic “family friendly” animated cartoon can achieve this (retaining the same playfield layout):

Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner
Tom & Jerry
Sylvester and Tweety Bird
3FD87DF3-5153-4936-BED9-C2EAA7AFB420 (resized).jpeg3FD87DF3-5153-4936-BED9-C2EAA7AFB420 (resized).jpeg53909B12-A75C-46C5-95EA-CA034A21A36A (resized).jpeg53909B12-A75C-46C5-95EA-CA034A21A36A (resized).jpeg08C4146E-3A07-4AB6-93F9-782C2E7C6C33 (resized).jpeg08C4146E-3A07-4AB6-93F9-782C2E7C6C33 (resized).jpeg

Underneath the playfield which was shown the three holes could be a place for a mouse aka Jerry to go / hide in the wall

The upper playfields could represent the Road Runner on the cliffs with Wile E (the pinball) you falling down. The Runner Runner is also always setting ACME contraptions which with toys / diverters can lend it self very well to pinball.

The holes could be cages the top playfields could be tree branches to get you out of harms way from Sylvester

#5479 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The JJP DI announcement was the worst reveal in history and nothing will ever come close!

Um, DeepRoot DeepSix non reveal? Lol. Nothing. Will. Ever. Come. Close.

#5480 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Um, DeepRoot DeepSix non reveal? Lol. Nothing. Will. Ever. Come. Close.

That was a non reveal but a better Rope a Dope than JPop. “If we return 20-50K people will just give us another 100K”…..party on!

#5481 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

DeepRoot DeepSix non reveal? Lol. Nothing. Will. Ever. Come. Close.

"On the Fifth Day of Deeproot, Robert promised me..."

#5482 2 years ago

Don’t think anyone has guessed this.

B82AB529-27AA-410D-BD3D-DA42FE0863B8 (resized).jpegB82AB529-27AA-410D-BD3D-DA42FE0863B8 (resized).jpeg
#5483 2 years ago
speedb (resized).JPGspeedb (resized).JPG
#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I havent been this amped since I wore my finger out getting a PS5 before Christmas.

I am wearing out my finger trying to convince the wife to get this pin

#5485 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am wearing out my finger trying to convince the wife to get this pin

#5486 2 years ago

oh wait, so it will be 2 Pinballs with the same layout but different playfield graphics??? or is that just a guess?

#5487 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

oh wait, so it will be 2 Pinballs with the same layout but different playfield graphics??? or is that just a guess?

this seems to be the consensus.

i will guess the second game will be Speed Racer

#5488 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

Confirmed by Spooky. Waiting for final license legal stuff.

#5489 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

I think obscure theme that Charlie favors, and family friendly are rumors still.

#5490 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If it were they wouldn't be having to hold off on the reveal to wrap up final licensing things.

Maybe. But I think they’d want to show off both at the same time so people could make up their mind about what they want.

#5491 2 years ago

I’m familiar with Family Guy and Shrek, and PBR and Primus, but is this the first time two pins with the same layout but different themes were released at the same time?

#5492 2 years ago

If the 2nd theme is family friendly maybe the codes can be dual loaded so people could easily play the Halloween code once their kids go to bed.

#5493 2 years ago

I think the dual theme is a great idea. There are literally MORE great themes being posted here than companies like Spooky could ever produce before our generation literally dies.
I would love it if this became a successful strategy and each new playfield design gets 2 themes. Let the playfield designers focus on their magic, and then just double up the art and software departments to have at it. The way the market currently is, and given Spooky's current production rates, I'd like to this they could easily sell more than enough to keep going nonstop.

#5494 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Well, I'll subjectively disagree that Halloween is a better movie than AoD But I'd also argue they're very different approaches to the horror genre, with the latter being a horror comedy. So... I don't know, is Star Trek or Galaxy Quest the better sci-fi theme? The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly vs. Blazing Saddles for Western theme?
I agree that Halloween is a more popular movie than AoD. Objectively, however, I think it'd be hard to support a claim that Halloween is THE biggest horror theme. Just as one example, the first Scream movie had 4x the domestic box office sales compared to Halloween '78 after adjusting for inflation (the-numbers.com). Scream also outsold the 2018 Halloween remake on an inflation-adjusted basis. If someone wanted to they could probably find other data showing other horror themes outperforming Halloween.
All that said, I think OG Halloween is an awesome theme for this pin.

I agree it's either Halloween or Scream. I don't think Scream has the fanbase particularly in 2021 that Halloween has though. And I doubt their merch sells as well these days. And I don't mean it's a better movie, just the most popular franchise as far as merch sales, fanbase, etc. I'm not even a fan of horror really but Halloween is the kinda machine I still would love to own. The campy horror genre was never really my thing. Too many puns for my liking. Plus, Monster Bash already perfected the genre so all games are gonna pale compared to that IMO.

#5495 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5496 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think the dual theme is a great idea. There are literally MORE great themes being posted here than companies like Spooky could ever produce before our generation literally dies.
I would love it if this became a successful strategy and each new playfield design gets 2 themes. Let the playfield designers focus on their magic, and then just double up the art and software departments to have at it. The way the market currently is, and given Spooky's current production rates, I'd like to this they could easily sell more than enough to keep going nonstop.

A big drawback to this strategy as an ongoing thing is that you will end up with pretty generic playfields at some point. Many layouts are designed around the actual theme to integrate things from the theme and the overall creative flow. Sure you can probably slap any number of themes with generic rules around any playfield, but you aren't going to have those really cool one off mechs or items that sync perfectly with the theme or rules that make a game stand out.

#5497 2 years ago

It was alway's going to be JabberJaw.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Or the best of Hammer Horror?

I'm not seeing the other obvious second title.. Peter Jackson's Dead Alive.

download-1 (resized).jpgdownload-1 (resized).jpg
#5498 2 years ago

Jabberjaw was great. I remember that shark being a cross between Curly from the Three Stooges and Rodney Dangerfield.
He sure sounded like Curly and then would say things like “I get no respect, I’m a shark…” lol
So many cool cartoons from the late 70’s early 80’s!

#5499 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A big drawback to this strategy as an ongoing thing is that you will end up with pretty generic playfields at some point. Many layouts are designed around the actual theme to integrate things from the theme and the overall creative flow. Sure you can probably slap any number of themes with generic rules around any playfield, but you aren't going to have those really cool one off mechs or items that sync perfectly with the theme or rules that make a game stand out.

This is what I was thinking. Only fairly generic games could just have the artwork swapped to become a completely different theme. Lots of great games have theme specific mechs. I know there's a big crusade against mechs going on on pinside lately, but that's what sets a game apart from the pack and ties the game into the theme in a lot of cases. You couldn't just swap the art on MM and change it into an Avengers game.

#5500 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I know there's a big crusade against mechs going on on pinside lately,

Wut.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.