7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 269.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Good question! Also do any of you know how the payment is done, is it a deposit and then remaining balance when your machine is ready to ship or 100% money up front?

My TNA was a $1000 deposit, balance due when they were to begin production.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

My TNA was a $1000 deposit, balance due when they were to begin production.

Thanks!
Did they want the balance when they began production of your specific machine or just when then began producing games in general?
I have to move my Hobbit on before I can buy.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Thanks!
Did they want the balance when they began production of your specific machine or just when then began producing games in general?
I have to move my Hobbit on before I can buy.

I believe they need full payment when yours hits the line...not before.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I believe they need full payment when yours hits the line...not before.

Phew! That’s ok then.
Man I hope it’s a theme I like.

#455 2 years ago

I’m not even remotely in the market for ever buying a NIB game.. but Big Trouble in Little China or Beetlejuice both have the potential for all time theme integration if someone actually made them.

84E383D0-B174-4677-8CFA-B6C7268001D1 (resized).jpeg84E383D0-B174-4677-8CFA-B6C7268001D1 (resized).jpegbig-trouble-in-little-china-59090a569fbf0 (resized).jpgbig-trouble-in-little-china-59090a569fbf0 (resized).jpg
#456 2 years ago

Of the theme's mentioned here, Scooby Doo would still be of most interest. I just think it translates well for pinball rules; clues, cases, characters, Scooby Snacks, etc. My next choice would be a generic Universal Monsters. I'm thinking similar to Monster Bash, but dropping the "music" theme. Collect your monsters and scare villagers. Beetlejuice could be okay, though it's a bit like Back To The Future, in that the actual plot of the movie is a bit weird. What is your actual goal in that game? I think you've be better just using the world of Beetlejuice and creating your own storyline. It sounds like whatever it is, we'll know soon.

#457 2 years ago

So has Scooby Doo been debunked? Cardy said it was when he replied to my comment on YouTube.

#458 2 years ago

Besides hoping for a WOOLY that'll never happen, I think Nightmare Before Christmas would be a great family friendly Spooky theme

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Besides hoping for a WOOLY that'll never happen, I think Nightmare Before Christmas would be a great family friendly Spooky theme

Hell yeah it would. Wish June would just get here.

#460 2 years ago

I’m hoping it’s Friday the 13th or even Night of the Living Dead. Beetlejuice is a great theme, but I don’t think it quite makes the cut as a Spooky theme. With that being said, whatever it is will definitely sell out.

#461 2 years ago

Big Trouble is my No 1 Dream theme, custom Kurt Russell callouts!? That would be a blast.

Still hoping this happens.

#462 2 years ago

Got my Fang Club membership just in case the next game is a must own. Seems like a win either way. Ive spent 45 dollars on worse things.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

I’m not even remotely in the market for ever buying a NIB game.. but Big Trouble in Little China or Beetlejuice both have the potential for all time theme integration if someone actually made them. [quoted image][quoted image]

I'd buy both.

#464 2 years ago

Me too.

#465 2 years ago

I have a feeling whatever theme it is the “Big 2” will need to make room .Spooky Pinball is a incredible story with a team that’s incredibly focused .I’ve only had the pleasure of flipping TNA and RZ but anyone can see the progress they’ve made each step .They’re not expanding because they “think” they need to they are because they “know”.

#466 2 years ago

One would think the next Spooky game has something to do with Lugosi due to the Fang Club stuff?

508208D5-F950-4015-8CAE-A39BA0EA66E0.gif508208D5-F950-4015-8CAE-A39BA0EA66E0.gif

#467 2 years ago

If you saw Charlie's hat on a Facebook post it said Night Of the Living Dead on it.

#468 2 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China or Beetlejuice, I’m in!

#469 2 years ago

So, it seems like the three most likely themes for the next Spooky are Scooby Doo, Evil Dead: Army of Darkness and Friday the 13th. If they end up making Army of Darkness I will fully s#it all of my pants. That’s my number one dream theme. If you’ve not seen this movie, drop everything. It’s perfect, hilarious and an incredible theme for pinball.

384CFC87-3CC1-47A8-B9AB-C9A23C947BF2 (resized).jpeg384CFC87-3CC1-47A8-B9AB-C9A23C947BF2 (resized).jpeg

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So, it seems like the three most likely themes for the next Spooky are Scooby Doo, Evil Dead: Army of Darkness and Friday the 13th. If they end up making Army of Darkness I will fully s#it all of my pants. That’s my number one dream theme. If you’ve not seen this movie, drop everything. It’s perfect, hilarious and an incredible theme for pinball.
[quoted image]

I would also lose my shit. Evil Dead in general is good, but Army of Darkness specifically is just so magical with its humour. Would be great in pinball form.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

An Army if Darkness pin would be very cool. I only have 4 backlit poster frames in my game room so I ocassionally rotate what posters go in them. This one however never gets rotated out because its just too awesome. Took me a long time to find an authentic double sided version.
20210426_233037 (resized).jpg20210426_233037 (resized).jpg

#472 2 years ago

I would really enjoy just a generic Evil Dead that encompasses 2 and 3 (since 1 is basically redone in 2). So many callouts.

#473 2 years ago

Beetlejuice / Big Trouble in Little China, I would buy both

#474 2 years ago

Either this next release or the one after is Beetlejuice.

Not a rumor. Not a guess.

Facts.

Just look at Christopher Franchi's artwork from a few years ago... Beautiful!

bj (resized).jpgbj (resized).jpg
#475 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

One would think the next Spooky game has something to do with Lugosi due to the Fang Club stuff?

You could be onto something. Didn't Charlie comment in an earlier podcast that it was a theme that had been beloved for generations, or something like that? I really like the Dracula theme, but it's been used a few times already in pinball.

Quoted from docquest:

I only have 4 backlit poster frames in my game room so I ocassionally rotate what posters go in them. This one however never gets rotated out because its just too awesome. Took me a long time to find an authentic double sided version.

I still have the original mini poster that the theater was handing out with tickets when I went to see the premier of AoD! It's also framed in my gameroom. I have an original full size Evil Dead 2 theatrical poster, too. I got that one off of a dealer in the mid-90s.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Facts.
Just look at Christopher Franchi's artwork from a few years ago... Beautiful!
[quoted image]

This means nothing. Franchi does art as a sort of "if you build it, they will come". He wasn't paid to do that backglass, he did it in hopes someone would make a beetlejuice pinball (same thing with his 1984 wonder woman backglass). Now he HAS hinted that he's been doing art jobs for both kaminkow and CGC, but he hasn't said what themes those were.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Christopher Franchi's artwork

Insight into that artwork from an interview he did with slap save podcast.

That artwork is from when Franchi was contracted by a “ boutique” company to create the art and pitch the IP to stern, where it was apparently received with an overwhelming ”meh” from all teams and subsequently turned down by Gomez.

The Ip had already been fully cleared through Warner brothers, but he commented on the situation saying:

“ because I own the artwork but I don’t own the properties, they are basically going to go nowhere.”

Though he did post this afterwards.. which leaves some room for hope.

0B582513-0285-4D37-AF87-651B36ABD7D4 (resized).jpeg0B582513-0285-4D37-AF87-651B36ABD7D4 (resized).jpeg
#478 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He wasn't paid to do that backglass, he did it in hopes someone would make a beetlejuice pinball

It appears he was contracted to make that artwork, which would usually indicate he was paid to make it… though I’m sure there could be some sort of wretched contract deal where you only get paid if the idea sells. But, coming from my 20 years experience as a freelance illustrator/ designer, that’s highly unlikely.

“Slap Save Pinball Podcast 24, he had more recently been contracted by a “boutique” company to design artwork for both a Beetlejuice and Superman ’78 pinball machine, with view to them being presented to Stern as part of a proposal for new games. However, the proposals didn’t hit the mark with Stern’s production teams, so unfortunately according to Franchi, they “… will not end up on pinball machines ever, probably!”

https://www.pinball.co.uk/blog/beetlejuice-and-superman-78-pinball-machines-going-to-go-nowhere/

#479 2 years ago

I was not saying "Beetlejuice is happening" because he made artwork for it. It is just convenient he has already made some.

Kanada was wrong on Scooby Doo.

I am not wrong on this.

Either way, it will be fun to see it play out in the months to come!

#480 2 years ago

Thinking outside the box theme wise, I think theses two would make for fun machines.

4AD3AEFA-5E4C-478B-BE48-01E0CFD06F1B (resized).jpeg4AD3AEFA-5E4C-478B-BE48-01E0CFD06F1B (resized).jpegCE33BD36-A8BF-4D64-BBA3-E311275AD8F3 (resized).jpegCE33BD36-A8BF-4D64-BBA3-E311275AD8F3 (resized).jpeg
#481 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was not saying "Beetlejuice is happening" because he made artwork for it.

Quoted from Beechwood:

Facts

Facts!

#482 2 years ago

How are you so certain that Spooky will make Beetlejuice? I’d definitely be pumped for it.

Quoted from Beechwood:

I was not saying "Beetlejuice is happening" because he made artwork for it. It is just convenient he has already made some.
I am not wrong on this.

#483 2 years ago

Facts!

Quoted from Beechwood:

I am not wrong on this.

#484 2 years ago

Would also love a Hammer horror Dracula pin.
Starring Christopher Lee.
With Franchi on artwork. frederick-cooper-christopher-lee-draula-has-risen-9-27-2018-small (resized).jpgfrederick-cooper-christopher-lee-draula-has-risen-9-27-2018-small (resized).jpg

dae3370a6e5b22979121ea9635a15dfa (resized).jpgdae3370a6e5b22979121ea9635a15dfa (resized).jpg
#485 2 years ago

Evil Dead would be great. The cabin, the living forest, dancing dead girlfriend, grandma in the cellar, finding the lost pages of the Necronomicon, broken bridge as a ramp, Evil Ash, a severed hand, dancing furniture, the chainsaw, and Brice Campbell doing call outs.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Evil Dead would be great. The cabin, the living forest, dancing dead girlfriend, grandma in the cellar, finding the lost pages of the Necronomicon, broken bridge as a ramp, Evil Ash, a severed hand, dancing furniture, the chainsaw, and Brice Campbell doing call outs.

Don't forget the evil deer head!

#487 2 years ago

Army of darkness ? Well, ok

0CD511F6-984A-4435-9F52-0B10A9CA2811 (resized).jpeg0CD511F6-984A-4435-9F52-0B10A9CA2811 (resized).jpeg
#488 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I would also lose my shit. Evil Dead in general is good, but Army of Darkness specifically is just so magical with its humour. Would be great in pinball form.

Remember seeing army of the dead at the theater. In Stanton ca. The theater is there but my friends comics store - altered images and also golfland (great pins). Both gone. But the memory remains in a boomstick.

#489 2 years ago

I will pay whatever they want for Evil Dead / Army of Darkness. I will send Spooky a blank check and/or my first born.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I will pay whatever they want for Evil Dead / Army of Darkness. I will send Spooky a blank check and/or my first born.

I will also do this.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I will also do this.

And me.

#492 2 years ago

Well shit..I'm already out priced...I don't have any kids.

#493 2 years ago

I bet they announce right after Sterns announcement, which should happen soon.

#494 2 years ago

I still hope it's not Evil Dead or Beetlejuice yet. I need some time to figure out what game I need to move.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well shit..I'm already out priced...I don't have any kids.

Just send an iou for the first born. That’s what I’m doing to get an evil dead pin

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I will do the same. Not sure how I will get your first born to send to them, but I can figure out the blank check part at least!

I also will have to move a pin or 2 of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness is announced!

#497 2 years ago

Me thinking you are all NUTS! Blank checks first born isn't the price of these games outrageous enough without giving the manufacturer confidence you like it without the lube .

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bet they announce right after Sterns announcement, which should happen soon.

Charlie already stated the next Spooky game announcement is in June.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Charlie already stated the next Spooky game announcement is in June.

Charlie?

Pfft.... Pinside knows better!

I hope he announces sooner, just saying.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Charlie?
Pfft.... Pinside knows better!
I hope he announces sooner, just saying.

Charlie from Spooky Pinball. Thought that would been obvious since we are in a Spooky Pinball thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/10?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.