7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 269.
#5351 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

EDIT: When I wrote this I thought I was responding to the latest comment so didn't need to quote!
Army of Darkness is not a horror movie. People only talk about it as one because it is part of a trilogy that contains a straight up horror movie (ED) and goofy one (ED2). AOD is a campy action comedy with skeletons.
Entries in movie franchises usually stay within the same general genre (even if there's a lot of execution variability), but not always.
Question: What are examples of other franchises that contain movies from different genres?

All the Alien movies.

Friday the 13th was straight up horror, but it's sequel Saturday the 14th was like parody comedy.

#5352 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

All the Alien movies.
Friday the 13th was straight up horror, but it's sequel Saturday the 14th was like parody comedy.

True, with exception of maybe the terrible one (Jason X). That one had some silly shit in it. Or maybe it was just because it was impossible to take that one serious.

#5353 2 years ago

Maybe Charlie is a big GWAR fan

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5354 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We will see the game at least 24 hours before they go on sale..so I think you are safe
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3ba4aaeecb1d8f8669dcd0a3d375ea01cf7aec20-1625099198-1800"};
//]]>

Exactly! We will be doing full reveal videos before we set a sale time! Everybody is safe to mow grass lol . Just want to say we are also super appreciative of the support. You guys are awesome and we can't wait to show you what we have. It's killing us just a bad as it's killing you guys!

#5355 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

True, with exception of maybe the terrible one (Jason X). That one had some silly shit in it. Or maybe it was just because it was impossible to take that one serious.

Yeah this movie wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

#5356 2 years ago

Okay...who's going to decode SpookyLuke's comment codes

#5357 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I put my Goodwill find LD player under my living room TV. It'll be a great conversation piece. Movies look pretty ass on a modern screen of course.
Also got Cliffhanger and Maltese Falcon today.

Got a decent upscaler?

#5358 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, the moment I saw even the capture for this vid I started laughing out loud and saying in my head "Do you want a beer? Or do you want to smoke some pot? Or we can have premarital sex?"

Such utter shit of a movie haha.

#5359 2 years ago

Too cool. Charlie didn't fire SpookyLuke . Maybe just beat him a little.

LTG : )

#5360 2 years ago

This might be a really dumb question, but so long as were in the fang club should we be "safe" so to speak in terms of purchasing the game? Again, dumb question I am sure.

Obviously R&M was HIGHLY desired, but can anyone tell me if folks not in the club were able to purchase? I am already in the club and happy to support the company either way, but just genuinely curious.

#5361 2 years ago

Come on spooky..make it gung ho, or Xanadu

IMG_20210630_210916 (resized).jpgIMG_20210630_210916 (resized).jpgIMG_20210630_211010 (resized).jpgIMG_20210630_211010 (resized).jpg
#5362 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Exactly! We will be doing full reveal videos before we set a sale time!

Very cool to hear that! Just for clarification sake, if we purchased fang club membership recently, will we be able to order 2 weeks prior to the set “sale” date that is officially announced - once it is of course? Additionally, does this benefit only apply to preordering a BSE or will it also work toward putting a down payment on a CE?

Thank you!

From one haunt fanatic / monster to another, Cheers Spooky Team!

#5363 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I loved F13 X Thought it was one of the better ones.. chicks were hot and the part where he froze that one guy was wicked.

#5364 2 years ago

You can send a deposit for whatever you want when they announce pre sale for Fang Club. Just keep an ear out for the announcement and sale date.

Quoted from thescottiep:

Very cool to hear that! Just for clarification sake, if we purchased fang club membership recently, will we be able to order 2 weeks prior to the set “sale” date that is officially announced - once it is of course? Additionally, does this benefit only apply to preordering a BSE or will it also work toward putting a down payment on a CE?
Thank you!
From one haunt fanatic / monster to another, Cheers Spooky Team!

#5365 2 years ago

So wait I'm confused.. I thought Spookey was at the point of a game reveal... now it sounds like maybe they are still trying to get LISC approved ? So they designed a playfield without having a LISC yet ? Or am I reading this wrong ? Does this mean a true reveal (pics-gameplay) could be weeks out from now ?

#5366 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

So wait I'm confused.. I thought Spookey was at the point of a game reveal... now it sounds like maybe they are still trying to get LISC approved ? So they designed a playfield without having a LISC yet ? Or am I reading this wrong ? Does this mean a true reveal (pics-gameplay) could be weeks out from now ?

Often the licensor asks to review and approve assets before reveal. That can include the playfield art, cabinet art, and even marketing content including pre-recorded videos.

So yes, Spooky has the licenses but still has to wait for the licensors to complete their asset reviews.

#5367 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Xanadu, bit of down under flavour

#5368 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Often the licensor asks to review and approve assets before reveal. That can include the playfield art, cabinet art, and even marketing content including pre-recorded videos.
So yes, Spooky has the licenses but still has to wait for the licensor’s to complete their asset reviews.

So in otherwards we could be weeks or longer out from anything real?

#5369 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Xanadu, bit of down under flavour

Ok, how about metropolis or invasive of star creatures! Sorry..I'm at my warehouse, which was a vintage theatre..I can't resist.

IMG_20210630_211653 (resized).jpgIMG_20210630_211653 (resized).jpg
#5370 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Cool posters but that looks like some interrogation room

#5371 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Cool posters but that looks like some interrogation room

It's a crying room, you could take a child up and watch the movie still with out bothering other customers. Right next to the projection room

IMG_20210630_211236 (resized).jpgIMG_20210630_211236 (resized).jpg
#5372 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I guess that’s possible, but if the licensors are at least somewhat competent they should have a process and at least rough timelines mapped out and communicated to Spooky. So if Spooky started revealing the pin recently it probably means that the process was close to finishing.

#5373 2 years ago

dont know if this was posted

#5374 2 years ago

Let Spookey Doo what Spooky Does .No pun of course

#5375 2 years ago

No, no one has seen this yet.

Quoted from robotron:

dont know if this was posted

#5376 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

If that’s the case that’s bull crap. At least Stern does a teaser and then full reveal, up for order and ships soon after. Unfortunately part delays has messed things up, but that’s the way to do things. Don’t show part of your cards and then hold the rest.

#5377 2 years ago

I know you’ve been told this one or twice a page on this thread and others but...you gots to chill homie. It’s not “bullcrap”. You’re a grown ass man. Have some patience. Anticipation is part of the process and part of the fun.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If that’s the case that’s bull crap. At least Stern does a teaser and then full reveal, up for order and ships soon after. Unfortunately part delays has messed things up, but that’s the way to do things. Don’t show part of your cards and then hold the rest.

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Slow your roll….they have the license and yes they do have to have all artwork/assets used approved. This has all been done there may be a few final details under review but I promise at his point all artwork/layout/gameplay features are done. I am certain that prototypes have been built and played. Spooky is just making sure everything is ready to go for the reveal with art and gameplay ready to follow. All this waiting and slowly leaking details is to build on the hype train. Every manufacturer does it so just relax. We will all know the details soon enough. Price has already been announced so either you are a buyer or a spectator. Spooky runs are typically small so this will sell out no problem. And keep in mind that there is a HUGE horror collector/fan base so besides pinheads those fans/collectors will be purchasing this game as well. There are horror conventions across the country and people pay to get all kinds of autographs/photos/memorabilia. Some of those will be interested buyers that are not pinheads. Think of how popular haunted houses are….those places make money hand over fist. Michael Myers/Halloween franchise is iconic in the world of horror.

Looking forward to seeing gameplay soon.

#5379 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You are reminding me of that one guy who got the faulty coin door.

#5380 2 years ago

LOLLLLLL

Quoted from jandrea95:

You are reminding me of that one guy who got the faulty coin door.

#5381 2 years ago

Sorry, have to go back a couple of pages to that Reno 911. This is too funny and so wrong.

#5382 2 years ago

I’m just glad something different and out of the box is being made! We could be stuck with a 15th starwars game for Christ sake!!

#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Everybody is safe to mow grass lol .

You sure about that !?
0F965321-E1C2-408F-A671-9043A79A232D (resized).jpeg0F965321-E1C2-408F-A671-9043A79A232D (resized).jpeg

CF257D04-2DCB-4F20-8940-7E828A1B6DAA (resized).jpegCF257D04-2DCB-4F20-8940-7E828A1B6DAA (resized).jpeg
#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It's killing us just a bad as it's killing you guys!

Hmmm. I bet the second theme has something to do with killing!

20210630_190656 (resized).jpg20210630_190656 (resized).jpg
#5385 2 years ago

Problem with this thread is that you are all so hyped up and frenetic, that 10 minutes feels like 10 hours. Wasnt it yesterday that Spooky revealed it was Halloween? Some of you guys are acting like its been weeks.

#5386 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I’m just glad something different and out of the box is being made! We could be stuck with a 15th starwars game for Christ sake!!

Agree. We do not not need anymore Star Wars or comic/hero (Avengers specifically) pins….for a while.

#5387 2 years ago

I'm done checking back here every 4 hours like a prescription. It sounds like they are still weeks away.

#5388 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You sure about that !?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I literally own that exact Honda lawnmower. Just found another use for it.

#5389 2 years ago

Let’s relax folks, the rest of the reveals won’t be that far off. Savor and enjoy this ride

Edit: By ride, I’m referring to the reveal experience, not the lawnmower. What is going on in this thread?

#5390 2 years ago

It sounds like...you’re gonna miss the pre sale window.

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I'm done checking back here every 4 hours like a prescription. It sounds like they are still weeks away.

#5391 2 years ago

I have not been following this new release. When is the playfield pics supposed to be shown?

#5392 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have not been following this new release. When is the playfield pics supposed to be shown?

We've already seen the playfield...

#5393 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It sounds like...you’re gonna miss the pre sale window.

I havent been this amped since I wore my finger out getting a PS5 before Christmas.

#5394 2 years ago

I hope I don't miss the window. I have money waiting. But it just seems like it might be awile. I still love this company.

#5395 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Let Spookey Doo what Spooky Does .No pun of course

Spooky-Doo! I love it! I’d buy one.

#5396 2 years ago

I’m dying for playfield pics

#5397 2 years ago

Oct 31st

Quoted from Skyemont:

#5398 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I havent been this amped since I wore my finger out getting a PS5 before Christmas.

You did what to who with your finger to get a PS5?

#5399 2 years ago

I'm guessing it's a Dracula theme.

I'm 100% getting Halloween, but it would be cool to see another John Carpenter theme like Escape from New York, They Live, The Thing, or Big Trouble in Little China. I love Assault on Precinct 13, but don't know if that would make a good pinball theme.

#5400 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

We've already seen the playfield...

Have we?
I’ve seen the underside, are there images of the playfield out there now that I’ve missed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.