7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 269.
#5101 2 years ago

Here is another question.

Spooky has announced there will be a limited number of these pins produced. Lets say Spooky says 1,000 pins, which would be a reasonable estimate as to what the could complete in a year (made up number considering increased production capacity they just finished). Would the 1,000 pins they are producing be inclusive of both themes? So if Spooky is making Halloween and My Little Pony (place holder for second theme), Spooky might make 600 Halloween and 400 My Little Pony. It would be interesting to see which pin sells better over time. It would put to rest the arguments I have seen over and over about which themes are better and answer the question as to whether theme matter when gameplay is good.

#5102 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll start by saying I really like Cary Hardy.He’s one of the 4 pinball personalities I watch constantly .But did anyone watch his last posting on youtube ? I’m besides myself because he’s really going out of his way to drag this pin down .The break in the middle is what made me wonder what the hell he’s doing .He’s basically saying if it’s a success and sells out quick it’s only because the majority are in it to flip it .I’m not going to bash ,it’s not my style but Cary please clarify your animosity with Halloween and or Spooky .You stated you watched 3 or 4 seasons on RnM to try to understand the pinball machine while not liking the show ,but if Spooky put out a GG I sure the hell wouldn’t be watching 90 hrs of it to understand the pin ,all the while not liking it Be good bud I’ll still be watching I’m just trying to understand the Debbie Downer clip I just watched twice.
[quoted image]

I apologize if I made you feel as if I was dragging down Spooky and/or their upcoming Halloween title, because this was not my intentions. The only reason I had my opinions on where the sales would come from is due to the current market on Limited Edition titles in general. The theme doesn't speak to me - at this time. Judging by comments on that video alone - I may have underestimated the popularity of this franchise. Time will tell. On the topic of R&M viewing - it's not like I sat there and did nothing but watch it. It's a rarity that I will be watching content without doing something else simultaneously. I always have something going on the tube while working on machines or other projects. I wanted to understand the reason why people were so excited for it, and have complete context of the game's theme.

Contrary to what others might think:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn't see it but was he just stammering around dumbfounded & confused aboot everything?

I do gather data before hitting the record button (most of the time ). I haven't even spoke on camera yet to my feelings on how R&M even shoots - 'spoiler alert' it was clunky. That was even after the owner literally drilled new holes for the rail that feeds the garage in order for the shot to be smoother.

For those that are getting emotional about my thoughts on Halloween. All I have stated is that the theme alone doesn't call to me. The layout looks interesting, and I can't wait to see it shoot. The game will sell out, but hopefully those are legit buyers and not flippers. I haven't commented on anything else but what is known to the public at this time. I feel my initial thoughts and comments are tame compared to a lot of what is spat out here on Pinside.

#5103 2 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Preach.
Nobody has first-hand knowledge about the game right now, so it’s premature to form opinions on anything but the theme. (

Ummm, didn't he just post he played it with Charlie? Pretty sure that IS first hand knowledge

#5104 2 years ago

I'm hoping this will be like aliens when the player can pick to play alien or aliens. According to Spooky Luke it's the original Halloween so the closest old school similar slasher would be F13. Perhaps the player can pick to slash as Michael or Jason or defeat them?

In the theaters I remember cheering for Jason but not for Michael. Being able to choose movie and role prior to starting the game would be a win for every fan.

#5105 2 years ago

Finally watched Halloween last night. Really surprised they thought it was theme worthy. But I guess I'll see!

#5106 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Finally watched Halloween last night. Really surprised they thought it was theme worthy. But I guess I'll see!

It’s a lot of watching paint dry. It’s a great movie especially the music but as a pinball theme not so much. Hopefully Spooky can distill various parts into unique modes.

#5107 2 years ago

I’m still pretty surprised by the whole two game thing

Is it two games on one machine or a reskin variation?

Will there always be 1,000 Halloween variations (standard, BS, CE) or will some of the other theme cut into this number? What’s the cap on the other game?

And then of course, how different is it really? All new art, sound, video content, playfield cosmetics etc. seems expensive if it’s a niche title.

Are we getting Bela Lugosi Haunted House Party?

#5108 2 years ago

Would be crazy if the 'niche' indulgent theme sold more than the main theme. What will be tough is if you are an uber fan of both themes...lol. Maybe they will sell a swap kit

#5109 2 years ago

Outstanding and still to be confirmed is whether the rules on the second theme mirror the first.

FGY/Shrek shared the exact same rules. For that reason it was possible to play both themes on one machine. This provided an extra experience with new callouts, music and graphics via dmd.

Whoa Nellie / Pabst / Primus share layout and rules also, but don’t rely on theme specific modes. This allows any theme to be thrown onto that game. Also lacking a dmd, these games use alphanumeric displays.

A handful of EM layouts share multiple themes but the same rules. This is the definition of a re-skin. So if Halloween / ??? have unique rule sets, this will be unique to pinball, a first. Both games will utilize an lcd.

#5110 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

'spoiler alert' it was clunky.

Clunky as in you couldn't hit your shots...because frankly, the game is hard (intentionally). The whole clunky/flow argument is pretty ridiculous. The same goes for people that say "This game has flow!" Translation: The shots are easy to make.

#5111 2 years ago

Hopefully it’s one pin with two themes like a drive in movie or haunted house theme as well as Halloween movie. Like Elvira had multiple movies inside the global Elvira theme.

#5112 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Clunky as in you couldn't hit your shots...because frankly, the game is hard (intentionally). The whole clunky/flow argument is pretty ridiculous. The same goes for people that say "This game has flow!" Translation: The shots are easy to make.

Point stands though. If a game’s shots are hard to make, that leads to frustration and less satisfaction. The easy way to say that is calling it clunky.

Rejects from shots also contribute to this. Sucks when you need that scoop or orbit so bad, you don’t hit it perfect, and it dribbles back out the entrance.

#5113 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yes and no. Many of the games were definitely clunky out of the box due to differences between what the intended orbits were and what were actually put together. Once you actually took the time to align them properly, it is much smoother and must less frustrating. Add to that the flipper issue of sitting too high making the ball behave differently, and you have a recipe for a game that some people simply don't care for because it makes a hard game even harder. Fortunately all of that seems to have been resolved now for most. So no, it isn't ridiculous.

#5114 2 years ago

I noticed Piggy D commented right away on Spooky's Instagram post yesterday and Spooky responded. Maybe nothing but possibly a sign that the other theme is the Rob Zombie Halloween version?

This was mentioned before but I'm thinking it might be like Alien where it's one machine but 2 modes. And you select one when you start each game.

Screenshot_20210630-095842_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210630-095842_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5115 2 years ago
Quoted from Airbiscuit:

I noticed Piggy D commented right away on Spooky's Instagram post yesterday and Spooky responded. Maybe nothing but possibly a sign that the other theme is the Rob Zombie Halloween version?
This was mentioned before but I'm thinking it might be like Alien where it's one machine but 2 modes. And you select one when you start each game.
[quoted image]

Yeah - just a reskin of the 1978 film

#5116 2 years ago

Don't know who that is, but given your response, you are probably on to something and would make the most sense.

#5117 2 years ago

Curious who is Spooky’s lead designer these days? Have they landed on one or is it still by contract?

#5118 2 years ago

Why do people think it will be a reskin and not just where you get to choose Rob Zombie Version or Original version like the Alien pinball machine?

#5119 2 years ago

Maybe rob zombie added some music to the game

#5120 2 years ago

I should have mentioned that Piggy D is the bassist for Rob Zombie. Just interesting that Spooky responded that way to his post.

#5121 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Why do people think it will be a reskin and not just where you get to choose Rob Zombie Version or Original version like the Alien pinball machine?

Well because unless they used completely generic art - the differences are too great between OG and RZ versions, but you may be right. We don't have a clue at this point what direction they are going.

#5122 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

When a ball hits an angled rail system it should follow the railing system trajectory with a smooth in and out sequence (if that is the designers intentions at least). Whereas with R&M the ball would slam into a rail and rattle around before slowly returning back into play. Even with the amount of times I watched the game on stream with players with skill (Danger and Kerins). The ball more often than not would rattle around in the loop and the shot to the garage. Doesn't mean I think the game is bad - just not a smooth shooter.

#5123 2 years ago

This new speculation is a red herring. Rob Zombie version of Halloween is the original movie. They are one in the same and this is version Luke confirmed. RZ was the director and Spooky is not adding RZ music to Halloween.

#5124 2 years ago

I wonder if they would have one side of the machine with art based on the original and the other side with art based on the Rob Zombie version?

#5125 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This new direction is a false herring. Rob Zombie version of Halloween is the original movie, they are one in the same. RZ was the director and Spooky is not adding RZ music to Halloween.

Um what? RZ is completely different than the original. And inferior IMO.

#5126 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Um what? RZ is completely different then the original. And MO better IMO

#5127 2 years ago
Quoted from Airbiscuit:

I should have mentioned that Piggy D is the bassist for Rob Zombie. Just interesting that Spooky responded that way to his post.

He has worked with spooky and done some music for pins since they worked with him on Rob zombie, ACNC has Cooper songs during the modes but the rest of the music during gameplay was done by Piggy D

#5128 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

He has worked with spooky and done some music for pins since they worked with him on Rob zombie, ACNC has Cooper songs during the modes but the rest of the music during gameplay was done by Piggy D

I was literally just going to post this. Piggy D did an amazing job on the background music for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle. Having him on board for these two themes would be nothing but a positive, but I don't think it's a hint at the second theme.

#5129 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Oh gotcha, I didn't know they had that history. That makes sense then.

#5130 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The RZ rerelease of Halloween from 2007 is ok. The OG release of RZ’s Halloween from 1978 is what Spooky said they are doing. The original is the quintessential horror movie.

#5131 2 years ago

The RZ rerelease of Halloween from 2017 is ok. The OG release of RZ’s Halloween from 1978 is what Spooky said they are doing. The original is quintessential horror.

Do you mean John Carpenter? RZ didn't make the 1978 Halloween....RZ's 2017 was a remake of that. That is what is confusing about your post.

#5132 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you mean John Carpenter? RZ didn't make the 1978 Halloween....

John Carpenter’s yeah. I’ve always thought of it as RZ’s, as he is listed as a director. Notice whom is listed first and whom is second. In retrospect the original version should have been referenced as JC’s.

DABE9772-11BC-4489-8957-17A8CCAF36F5 (resized).jpegDABE9772-11BC-4489-8957-17A8CCAF36F5 (resized).jpeg

#5133 2 years ago

John Carpenter’s yeah. I’ve always thought of it as RZ’s as he was listed as director, but yeah most people call it JC. Notice whom is listed first and whom is second.
[quoted image]

Rob Zombie was 13 years old in 1978, he had nothing to do with the original Halloween. What you're looking at there is a mash-up of credits from all the movies, old and new. It doesn't mean RZ directed the original Halloween.

#5134 2 years ago

Rob Zombie is most definitely not listed as director of the original Halloween LMFAO...that actually makes me SAD.

John Carpenter’s yeah. I’ve always thought of it as RZ’s as he was listed as director, but yeah most people call it JC. Notice whom is listed first and whom is second.
[quoted image]

#5135 2 years ago

Email from pinballstar on pricing and options.

image 1 (resized).pngimage 1 (resized).pngimage 2 (resized).pngimage 2 (resized).pngimage 3 (resized).pngimage 3 (resized).png
#5136 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Rob Zombie was 13 years old in 1978, he had nothing to do with the original Halloween. What you're looking at there is a mash-up of credits from all the movies, old and new. It doesn't mean RZ directed the original Halloween.

Again, you guys are beating me to my comments. I was just doing the same googling. I wasn't sure on Rob Zombie's age, but I figured he was at least a few years younger then Jamie Lee Curtis, so I figured he had to have been pretty young when the original came out. I was in doing the quick math when this was posted.

#5137 2 years ago

I’m confused. The 1978 Halloween was directed by John Carpenter…period. Rob Zombie did his own version later on.

#5138 2 years ago

[quoted image]

LOL. I thought you were just typoing or joking. But no, RZ had nothing to do with the original as others have said.

#5139 2 years ago

The record has been corrected. JC did Halloween and RZ was only 13 years old. RZ did a remake. I got schooled.

#5140 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m confused. The 1978 Halloween was directed by John Carpenter…period. Rob Zombie did his own version later on.

Nope, you are not the one that is confused. Spot on.

#5141 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ummm, didn't he just post he played it with Charlie? Pretty sure that IS first hand knowledge

Right, Bryan. I meant us unwashed masses here on Pinside.

#5142 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes and no. Many of the games were definitely clunky out of the box due to differences between what the intended orbits were and what were actually put together. Once you actually took the time to align them properly, it is much smoother and must less frustrating. Add to that the flipper issue of sitting too high making the ball behave differently, and you have a recipe for a game that some people simply don't care for because it makes a hard game even harder. Fortunately all of that seems to have been resolved now for most. So no, it isn't ridiculous.

I have an open invitation to anyone who would like to help me fix my R&M shots. Im not a master pinball builder so it’s a bit overwhelming to receive a pin that doesn’t shoot properly. I can make the left orbit maybe one in 10 tries maybe less.

#5143 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have an open invitation to anyone who would like to help me fix my R&M shots. Im not a master pinball builder so it’s a bit overwhelming to receive a pin that doesn’t shoot properly. I can make the left orbit maybe one in 10 tries maybe less.

I've played a few and thought it played very clunky but I played one in Dunedin Florida at Reboot arcade bar. That played smooth. If I buy one im contacting them to see what they did different.

#5144 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree if it isn't something you are used to doing, the fear of screwing up your brand new 8-9k toy is daunting, which is why people get so pissed off when they have to do this crap out of the box and why I tire of apologists. A little QC goes a long ways. That being said, the game IS hard. If you see lots of 'rattle' then they need adjusted. If it is just straight up the ball getting rejected, then it is probably your shots. We can take this to DM if you want and I can try to help, but at the end of the day, unless you have someone around who can do it for you, it'll be on you.

#5145 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Rob Zombie is most definitely not listed as director of the original Halloween LMFAO...that actually makes me SAD.

This is part of the reason that reboots suck in general. Eventually, everyone but the fans gets confused about the origins of the franchise.

Quoted from Venom77:

RZ is completely different then the original. And MO better IMO

Your Horror-Fan(tm) card has been revoked.

#5146 2 years ago

Rob Zombie has NOTHING to do with this machine. Nor does his remake.

#5147 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is part of the reason that reboots suck in general. Eventually, everyone but the fans gets confused about the origins of the franchise.

Unless it's The Thing, where it's a good thing

#5148 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

HAHA no way... Myers in RZ version was a total bad ass....

#5149 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

HAHA no way... Myers in RZ version was a total bad ass....

The main gripe about RZ's version is just that. He tried to get you to empathize with him as an abused kid. The original had nothing like that - he was just pure evil. The movie was much more in your face violent, no doubt....but it had no suspense or horror. If he'd have just named it something else unrelated to Halloween, it probably would have been received better overall.

#5150 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have an open invitation to anyone who would like to help me fix my R&M shots

With mine, 99.9% of shot issues were resolved by fine tuning the pitch of the game. Try adjusting your back legs up or down till it works right.

As for the "second skin" I want Futurama!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.