7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 269.
#5051 2 years ago

I’ll start by saying I really like Cary Hardy.He’s one of the 4 pinball personalities I watch constantly .But did anyone watch his last posting on youtube ? I’m besides myself because he’s really going out of his way to drag this pin down .The break in the middle is what made me wonder what the hell he’s doing .He’s basically saying if it’s a success and sells out quick it’s only because the majority are in it to flip it .I’m not going to bash ,it’s not my style but Cary please clarify your animosity with Halloween and or Spooky .You stated you watched 3 or 4 seasons on RnM to try to understand the pinball machine while not liking the show ,but if Spooky put out a GG I sure the hell wouldn’t be watching 90 hrs of it to understand the pin ,all the while not liking it Be good bud I’ll still be watching I’m just trying to understand the Debbie Downer clip I just watched twice.

9A380D6F-845A-47B5-A258-38E983F1B7EC (resized).png9A380D6F-845A-47B5-A258-38E983F1B7EC (resized).png
#5052 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Blanche got down. Sophia too. Bunch of saucy broads, the lot of em.

#5053 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll start by saying I really like Cary Hardy... I’ll still be watching I’m just trying to understand the Debbie Downer clip I just watched twice.
[quoted image]

Didn't see it but was he just stammering around dumbfounded & confused aboot everything?

#5054 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

“I do love a good joke and this is the best ever: a joke on Pinside.
But there's a better reason...you don't really know much about Halloween...you thought no further than the strange custom of having your children wear masks and go out begging for candy. It was the start of the year in our old Celtic lands, and we'd be waiting...in our houses of wattles and clay.
The barriers would be down, you see, between the real and the unreal, and the dead might be looking in...to sit by our fires of turf. Halloween...the festival of Samhain. The last great one took place three thousand years ago, when the hills ran red...with the blood of animals and children.
To us, it was a way of controlling our environment. It's not so different now, it's time again. In the end, we don't decide these things, you know, the planets do. They're in alignment, and it's time again. The world's going to change tonight, doctor, I'm glad you'll be able to watch it.
And… Happy Halloween.”
[quoted image]

If they play the digital pumpkin intro to part 3 on the display I would buy in a second. Unfortunately I think Rob Zombie has his fingers into this one and those movies were the worst ones.

gXjNOYstHOX6w (resized).pnggXjNOYstHOX6w (resized).png
#5055 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m besides myself because he’s really going out of his way to drag this pin down

This kind of bullshit is why I avoid youtube and podcasts. Don't want to sift through gobs of opinion just to get to the facts, and most of these guys are all about pushing 'controversial' opinions just to drive viewers to their channel. And hey, while you're here don't forget to smash that subscribe button!!1

#5056 2 years ago

Spooky is based in Wisconsin. Must be Ed Gein

63ECEBE3-3FB8-496A-92D1-537CBAD676B6 (resized).jpeg63ECEBE3-3FB8-496A-92D1-537CBAD676B6 (resized).jpeg
#5057 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll start by saying I really like Cary Hardy.He’s one of the 4 pinball personalities I watch constantly .But did anyone watch his last posting on youtube ? I’m besides myself because he’s really going out of his way to drag this pin down .The break in the middle is what made me wonder what the hell he’s doing .He’s basically saying if it’s a success and sells out quick it’s only because the majority are in it to flip it .I’m not going to bash ,it’s not my style but Cary please clarify your animosity with Halloween and or Spooky .You stated you watched 3 or 4 seasons on RnM to try to understand the pinball machine while not liking the show ,but if Spooky put out a GG I sure the hell wouldn’t be watching 90 hrs of it to understand the pin ,all the while not liking it Be good bud I’ll still be watching I’m just trying to understand the Debbie Downer clip I just watched twice.
[quoted image]

I 'm sure what you said in this post makes sense ,but you need to work on your punctuation !It 's like you 're writing backwards !

#5058 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I watched it earlier - did not hear anything that I thought was inappropriate. He's not a big fan of the theme, which is fine. But as you say, Cary feels it will sell out for other reasons. Plus, even if the theme is not the most popular, if it's a killer pin (no pun intended) it will sell lot hotcakes.

The whole concept of buying a pin as an investment, flipping pins, etc. really gets old with me. I would never buy a pin for any reason other than to play it and enjoy it. if the theme doesn't excite me, I probably won't buy it.

I'm happy for Spooky and I hope this is a really great pin. I'm not a huge Maiden fan, but sure love shooting that pin. I hope Spooky nails it!

#5059 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I watched it earlier - did not hear anything that I thought was inappropriate. He's not a big fan of the theme, which is fine. But as you say, Cary feels it will sell out for other reasons. Plus, even if the theme is not the most popular, if it's a killer pin (no pun intended) it will sell lot hotcakes.
The whole concept of buying a pin as an investment, flipping pins, etc. really gets old with me. I would never buy a pin for any reason other than to play it and enjoy it. if the theme doesn't excite me, I probably won't buy it.
I'm happy for Spooky and I hope this is a really great pin. I'm not a huge Maiden fan, but sure love shooting that pin. I hope Spooky nails it!

wow, people don't like JOHN CARPENTER'S HALLOWEEN as a theme? surprising to me

#5060 2 years ago

Flippers, stay the fuck away!!

#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

wow, people don't like JOHN CARPENTER'S HALLOWEEN as a theme? surprising to me

Great movie(s), just hard to see how it translates to a pin. Again, I hope Spooky has really nailed it! I am super curious to see what they created!

#5062 2 years ago

Well, let's see...Kanaeda hints...self indulgent title....others say family themed...

I'm going with The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Charlie's Name is in the Title

Screenshot 2021-06-29 231450 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-06-29 231450 (resized).jpg

#5063 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Y'all are looking past a potential clue offered in the CE feature list: "Custom Vein Powdercoat"
Halloween is more a slasher movie than blood n guts, so what else would lend itself to veins in the powdercoat? Could they be dualing it with Carpenter's The Thing? Or even better, an EHOH style game with multiple Carpenter movies?

Already been covered...'we' could be right...but it was mostly thought it just refers to the skinning they do on their powdercoat. (like the standard R&M).

#5064 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, Dominos is fucking terrifying.

Almost as scary as eating their products

#5065 2 years ago

Halloween and a Nightmare Before Christmas?

#5066 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Stern has the license for the Toho Godzilla not the entire franchise.

Toho is the owner of ALL Godzilla. Any licensing goes through them. When people talk about a pin being “Toho Godzilla” that only means it will be classic Japanese & not the American movies. Even if someone wanted to do Godzilla based on the American films, the licensing would have to go through Toho.

#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Almost as scary as eating their products

But they are testing self-driving delivery!

Nuro-Hero.df8903e (resized).jpgNuro-Hero.df8903e (resized).jpg
#5068 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

But wait what if this game has 2 themes? Other theme could be dropped any time I bet...

A9134E0A-3ED8-44D0-A731-23DAAC5CFB85 (resized).jpegA9134E0A-3ED8-44D0-A731-23DAAC5CFB85 (resized).jpeg
#5069 2 years ago

I bet the 2nd theme will be Friday 13th. Just look at the similarities in the two movies, that tells you right there.

#5070 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I bet the 2nd theme will be Friday 13th. Just look at the similarities in the two movies, that tells you right there.

Doing 2 themes on 1 layout that appeal to the same buyers doesn’t make sense. You do 2 layouts for those themes, cuz you want those buyers to buy both.

This will be something totally polar opposite. Fans of either theme won’t want the other. Only way this concept works.

#5071 2 years ago

Based on some of the comments made in SP podcast by Charlie, I rekon the other theme could be Blues Brothers or BTILC.

They surely want something that operators and families can want. Other theme will be more family friendly I think. Makes alot of sense to utilise stacked and loaded design to sell to the greater demographic with no interest in horror, but whom love spooky.

"Spooky" and "Horror" aren't the same thing, of course. For mine I have no interest in gorey or full on horror, same for many other folk whom are loyal customers.

#5072 2 years ago

Friday the thirteenth doesn't really scream "niche" to me.
"niche" screams low volume; only interesting a small subset of the genre.
I bet it's going to be something not mainstream. Something only a movie or two are out there.

#5073 2 years ago

I’m just guessing, but I think the Halloween theme is plenty popular enough to sell out Spooky’s limited production run. They don’t need a more mainstream title or family friendly theme to drive more sales.

I’m happy for Spooky - they grabbed a great license for an all-time classic and brought in a genre that’s generally lacking in pinball.

#5074 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Based on some of the comments made in SP podcast by Charlie, I rekon the other theme could be Blues Brothers or BTILC.
They surely want something that operators and families can want. Other theme will be more family friendly I think. Makes alot of sense to utilise stacked and loaded design to sell to the greater demographic with no interest in horror, but whom love spooky.
"Spooky" and "Horror" aren't the same thing, of course. For mine I have no interest in gorey or full on horror, same for many other folk whom are loyal customers.

Seems odd to me. Both trouble and esp blues brothers must be ten times harder to get the rights to. Also if an alternate theme was one of thoose, allmost nobody would choose haloween making it void.

#5075 2 years ago

JC's greatest hits

carpenter-purple-poster (resized).jpgcarpenter-purple-poster (resized).jpg
#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I’d love a Stoner Pin based on some of these themes ...
Harold & Kumar
Cheech & Chong
Dude Where’s My Car
Half Baked
Pineapple Express
Dazed & Confused
Jay & Silent Bob
Even a Snoop Dogg theme could be amazing

Any love for Alice in Wonderland? Could make for a particularly trippy/vibrant theme.

#5077 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Seems odd to me. Both trouble and esp blues brothers must be ten times harder to get the rights to. Also if an alternate theme was one of thoose, allmost nobody would choose haloween making it void.

Just commenting on the podcast where BB is one of Chucks "dream themes".

Also seems from the thread that Plenty here want horror theme and not family friendly. So I don't see competition between as an issue. Pretty separated demographics in general.

Doing only hardcore Horror still leaves out half their customers, the Spooky fans.

#5078 2 years ago

Extra ball
3194 (resized).jpg3194 (resized).jpg

#5079 2 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Any love for Alice in Wonderland? Could make for a particularly trippy/vibrant theme.

Alice has already been announced as a forthcoming machine from leading pinball manufacturer deeproot pinball. Learn more about deeproot's Total Pinball Ownership Experience™ (TPOE™), current hit Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland™ (RAZA™), and slate of 14 upcoming titles at https://deeprootpinball.com/.

#5080 2 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

JC's greatest hits
[quoted image]

I’ve been requesting this for years.

#5081 2 years ago

Bugger!

Wanted!!

Bugger!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5082 2 years ago

#5083 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Alice has already been announced as a forthcoming machine from leading pinball manufacturer deeproot pinball. Learn more about deeproot's Total Pinball Ownership Experience™ (TPOE™), current hit Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland™ (RAZA™), and slate of 14 upcoming titles at https://deeprootpinball.com/.

#5084 2 years ago

Rocky Horror picture show would dovetail nicely.

#5085 2 years ago

Hopefully they announce the other title soon.

D6513881-4BC8-494E-9997-CF69EDF9163D (resized).jpegD6513881-4BC8-494E-9997-CF69EDF9163D (resized).jpeg
#5086 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

If they play the digital pumpkin intro to part 3 on the display I would buy in a second. Unfortunately I think Rob Zombie has his fingers into this one and those movies were the worst ones.[quoted image]

They already confirmed it’s based on the OG movie.

#5087 2 years ago

When it will be possible to preorder on spooky website?

#5088 2 years ago
Quoted from nikk:

When it will be possible to preorder on spooky website?

Question of the day. I emailed Spooky but no response.

#5089 2 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

JC's greatest hits
[quoted image]

Lori vs Michael . Get to the top and battle it out!
image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

#5090 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I believe Carry and Kenada both dislike R&M because it’s not a smooth shooter. I have to agree that shot to the left orbit is bad. However the rest of the pin makes up for that poor shot geometry. But to Kenada it’s not, the whole pin is garbage if it doesn’t shoot like a dream.

IMO R&M has flaws but I can overlook that if the rest of the game delivers.

#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

He’s basically saying if it’s a success and sells out quick it’s only because the majority are in it to flip it

Quoted from dougPDX:

Sadly that is what this hobby has become. Not everyone does it but look how many R&M spots went up for sale, along with GnR CE and Mando. People are not going to turn down the opportunity to make a quick few grand for really doing nothing besides being online when sales go live.

Quoted from Zitt:

Friday the thirteenth doesn't really scream "niche" to me.
"niche" screams low volume; only interesting a small subset of the genre.
I bet it's going to be something not mainstream. Something only a movie or two are out there.

I agree if it's truley niche like Kaneda says and many of these titles people are throwing out seen more mainstream. Spooky could be throwing us a curve ball but having 2 horror themes seems to defeat the purpose of dual themes.

#5092 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have to agree that shot to the left orbit is bad.

I love that shot. Super satisfying. Definitely not “normal”, but that’s refreshing.

#5093 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s actually smart if the 2nd theme is something that appeals to a totally different demographic. Not everyone likes Halloween or wants a horror pin. Making something that appeals to another set of buyers is smart. The horror peeps get their game, other buyers can pick something else. They can have the same code/rules with animation/sound swapped. Not too hard on programming. Not hard on the factory since they’re built & wired the same. Pretty much what Stern did with FG/Shrek…but simultaneous launch.

I fully agree: it saves a lot of costs to design a new playfield, new mechanisms, rules. Of course a lot of things have to be done 'double' like you say (art, sounds, animations), and indeed also saves in manufacturing when compared to producing 2 different games. If you have a good or great playfield and 2 completely different appealing themes (that both sell to different groups), I can really see it being worth it. I like the idea!

#5094 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe Carry and Kenada both dislike R&M because it’s not a smooth shooter. I have to agree that shot to the left orbit is bad. However the rest of the pin makes up for that poor shot geometry. But to Kenada it’s not, the whole pin is garbage if it doesn’t shoot like a dream.
IMO R&M has flaws but I can overlook that if the rest of the game delivers.

And why the fuck should I care what Cary and Kenada think.

Why the fuck should anyone care what Cary and Kenada think.

Why the fuck should we care what ANY podcaster thinks.

Have they played the game? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I have and dare I say, this is Spooky's best layout so far!

And there were two others playing with me and Chuck, and they thought the same thing.

Maybe I should start a podcast.

#5095 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And there were two others playing with me and Chuck, and they thought the same thing.

Please do. We need more insiders!

#5096 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Preach.

You wouldn’t ask Dr Oz for medical treatment. You wouldn’t form your political world view from Tucker Carlson. Why would you let some random yammering Youtubers dictate your opinions on pinball?

Just because someone spends a lot of time talking, doesn’t mean they know much. Nobody has first-hand knowledge about the game right now, so it’s premature to form opinions on anything but the theme. (And with Luke’s post, even that may be pre-mature right now!)

#5097 2 years ago

I think the second pin in the same package, be it 1 game with 2 themes or 2 separate tables is brilliant. I have though pinball companies should have been doing this for a while. Take one pin with a good layout and make it with 2 niche but polarizing themes. Something like Futurama with a Matrix reskin.

#5098 2 years ago

When will these be available to order on their website?

#5099 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

ACNC is a much better layout and is the better overall game IMO. I enjoyed owning R&M but I would say it's the rules, light show, music and sounds that really make that game.

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Key post right there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/102?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.