(Topic ID: 295255)

Spokane Washington repeals $25/year Amusement Devices fee

By oldbaby

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

But.... then you have big FEC’s like d&b, round 1, main event, that work these dumb fees into their business model and pay them, so they have no chance of being repealed. Check out some of the fees in md. I’m glad I’m not in the vending part of this business anymore.

Baltimore county:
    $200 per year operator license, $225 per game per year permit, $50 per game “placement” fee (which you’re supposed to pay every time you swap a game to get another permit printed).

Baltimore city:
    $200 per year operator license, $180 per game/year permit

Anne Arundel county:
    $2000 (no I didn’t miss a zero, that’s thousand) annual operator license. $100 per game fee. Location is allowed up to 8 games. If location has more than 8 games, they must pay the arcade license instead, which is $5000 (thousand). Crabtowne pays the $5000 every year.

Carroll county:
    $75 per machine per year. Plus $1 “handling” fee (the $1 always made me laugh lol)

Cecil county
    $125 per machine per year (you know, they have to make money off all the cows and horses)

Washington county
    $125 per machine (they have to tax all the meth heads and Steelers fans)

These permits are all enforced, either by LCB or by the respective county’s code enforcement division. Washington county will unplug your games on first offense. Anne arundel warns you first, then CONFISCATES them. Baltimore county warns you first, then fines you per day.

This does not include excise tax charged on income by the state in most jurisdictions, which is up to 10% of GROSS income.

Maryland sucks a fat turd.

#6 2 years ago

Honestly, the Spokane permit was probably repealed because it may have been to expensive to enforce. We had the same thing happen in Maryland with a bulk vending (capsule machine/toys) that was repealed a few years ago.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It always makes me sad when I am in Baltimore and see how few places have pinball. That market is ripe for location pinball, but the fee cost is a burden for most, i'm sure. Hats off to Holy Frijoles for playing the game.

Maryland is pretty well represented now. Frijoles is owned by a guy who loves pinball and integrated into his business, regardless of cost. Moms pins are owned by the ceo of the grocery store, so money not an issue there. Spinners is a non profit. Crabtowne has been around for decades.

Everyone else: lots of luck. Probably not happening.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spokane-washington-repeals-25-year-amusement-devices-fee?tu=Guidotorpedo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.