Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vino.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 6 years ago

I realize now my initial reaction to TLJ last night was solely based on my own pre-conceived expectations mainly built around Luke.
    Today as I reflect on the flick, their are holes in it (as always) but I better appreciate the twists, the risks taken (for once in a long time), and ultimately the resolution for my fav character.
    Like it or not, the franchise needed a refreshing kick.
    Thank goodness.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Darth Maul was far better than any villain in Episode VIII.
    Episode One smokes Episode VIII, pretty much every way imaginable.

Darth Maul a more compelling villian than Kylo/Ben Solo's character? Whaaat?!
    Disagree.

Anyway, Episode One did the worst damage of ANY of the films in two ways:
    explaining Anakins backstory through immaculate conception and the worst offense- ruining the magic of the force itself through midichlorians.

Say what you want for Episode 8, but it's a middle chapter that was ultimately left wide open.
    It's taken almost 20 years to clean the mess Episode one left behind.

4 weeks later
    #1264 6 years ago

And where the f did Nien Nunb go?
    I mean he was there for the big Resistance meeting and then disappears only to show up in the Falcon at the end of the movie.

Man, save the galaxy once and you sure get a big head.
    Jerk.

2 months later
    #1591 6 years ago

Remember when this trilogy was announced how exciting it was with JJ?
    Rehash or not, it worked.
    Pretty quiet in JJ Abrams front now.
    The handlers have him muzzled to somehow save the ship again.

#1618 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

It's good that I live in SD because if I came across Rian Johnson, I would probably just punch him and I don't want to go to jail.

You live in SD?
    Be happy Disney didn’t pay to have ringleader Katherine Kennedys face on Mt Rushmore yet.

#1638 6 years ago

On second viewing I did notice the Jedi texts placed on board the Falcon in the drawer. Have no idea who put them there, Rey or Yoda.
    Doesn’t really matter.

Is there ANTHING this Rey character CANT do naturally? Any real meaningful test for her at all?
    Terrible.

#1664 6 years ago

So let me ask the group, is their one plot point or storyline item you feel JJ could fix to save this franchise?

This thing is pretty torched.

#1676 6 years ago

Yeah and I thought a whole lot more Bothans would be dying to bring that information, not some abandoned girl and her...
    wait...
    I see a SW pattern here.

1 month later
    #1831 5 years ago

The sad truth is all the money in the world cant buy stories with a clear vision. (Unlike the MU)
    It will take several failed attempts at expanding (or recycling) the SW universe to discover no one is invested in it.
    My jug of nostalgia is passed its expiration date.

1 week later
    #1922 5 years ago

Ahh Boba Fett, another cool SW character whose mysticism got blown to bits when we got the lil Boba and papa Jango making clone army men storyline bs.
    But make another movie, reboot it all.

#1995 5 years ago

Someone shared a similar sentiment, but when people say new SW offerings are “decent” it just reinforces the fact that the helium has been outta this balloon since 1983.

#2018 5 years ago

I saw DP last night, not as perfect as first but good.
    I’ll wait on Solo, can’t waste money and calories for nachos with an ICEE on that one.

#2020 5 years ago

WTF did Disney even release these two massive movies so close together?
    Someone in that decision tree over there has to
    go - dumb.

#2055 5 years ago

I’d be interested in an Old Republic Series if they actually pump up the mythology and characters.

Before the prequels started, I was excited we would actually see the Clone Wars old Ben was yammering on about!!

Instead we got a CGI candy bowl full of droid factory’s, Gladiator pits, and Jango army men.

1 month later
    #2363 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i want more alien tit milk scenes

Lol
    No force Luke sucked.
    Probably too late but any flashback, ghosty, or reincarnated Luke has to be better than this...
    8A822BEA-CB8F-4B23-A73A-461C90486AAB (resized).jpeg8A822BEA-CB8F-4B23-A73A-461C90486AAB (resized).jpeg

4 months later
    #2847 5 years ago

Ive been reading similar about Palpatine influencing ep9 by tying in prequels. Remember he did mention creation of life to Anakin in ROTS.
    Wouldn’t be a bad idea given they’ve already pissed off fans, killed off the main villain, and have little time for a new one to salvage this whole thing.

1 month later
    #2968 5 years ago

The verdict was in after the first cap marvel trailer, the story and actress didn’t sell me.
    Had a feeling the nonsense would follow as a result - now confirmed.

Really have enjoyed supporting the marvel output, but time for reality check on this one.

#3000 5 years ago

At one point a “Shadows of the Empire” Chewie figure was made with battle axe and eye patch. Just an example of the rich extended universe content developed after ROTJ that could have been tapped for this trilogy.

Instead this legacy character is placed into a scene where he is meat shamed by a porg.

Wtf

039D846F-2F1C-4998-9D92-0BA930BBAF0B (resized).jpeg039D846F-2F1C-4998-9D92-0BA930BBAF0B (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #3127 5 years ago

Heard they destroyed a classic Bally in CM.
    Not surprised. Nothing seems off limits.

5 months later
    #3497 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Seriously, what practical purpose could a fold in half lightsaber serve?

This stuff is getting pretty laughable.
    Maybe it’s like video cameras, they fit in the pocket now!
    9AE1A0F0-CB17-43DB-834D-C577DCA28855 (resized).jpeg9AE1A0F0-CB17-43DB-834D-C577DCA28855 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #3535 4 years ago

Vader used to be badass.. now used as a desperate prop out to the fan base..
    D73AC851-058D-4C8E-8DE6-6CF2D6E055F9 (resized).jpegD73AC851-058D-4C8E-8DE6-6CF2D6E055F9 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
    #3645 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

In fact I was a lot more excited before I saw that trailer...before I thought that there was some hope they could save things, now I have no hope.

What?!
    That trailer didn’t pull on the last nostalgic strings of our SW fandom!?

What does Disney resort to now?!
    40AC8A23-5366-4647-AAC5-78CE25EE1017 (resized).png40AC8A23-5366-4647-AAC5-78CE25EE1017 (resized).png

#3671 4 years ago

good summary from the man himself!

4 weeks later
    #3828 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The problem is that by bring him back, you just negated the end of Return of the Jedi and what it meant.
    But, obviously these people don't give a shit.

Yep. This company excels at rehashing stories and tapping the veins.... over and over and..
    98E24434-441F-4301-8514-51C7F411A98C (resized).jpeg98E24434-441F-4301-8514-51C7F411A98C (resized).jpeg

Just say no.

1 week later
    #3915 4 years ago

Do we close in on how we feel EP9 will perform? Flop or does this thing redeem itself?
    More SJW plot rumors out there, hope these are not true.

#3930 4 years ago

Seems any type of real reflection would only come from another franchise mouse turd at the box office.
    Probably unlikely at this point.
    Kennedy is a real piece of work.

#3933 4 years ago

Menace was better than clones. It’s issue was killing off both of the best new characters too soon.
    Always thought simply having more prequel aliens speak alien vs English would have changed perceptions as well.

#4030 4 years ago

Very eerie how little awareness or hype exists around a movie this big with less than ten days to go..

1 week later
    #4110 4 years ago

No JJ fanboy or really care but he received a TLJ shit sandwich. Critics loved that turd so reviews hold no value. I don’t know what’s salvageable to get an audience invested in the fate of these characters.

#4230 4 years ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

It's even worse, because there's really nothing from episodes 7 or 8 that really matter once you sit down for 9.

Agree. This one was o-k.
    In retrospect, the prequels were a better written trilogy. This one did remind me of ROTS in that it’s all you really need as a stand alone flick.

1 week later
    #4410 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I can't say I feel there's one compelling idea present within this new trilogy.

Well, this new trilogy did help me discover I’m lactose intolerant.

7724E556-621F-4D60-9AD8-567E4415FF5B (resized).png7724E556-621F-4D60-9AD8-567E4415FF5B (resized).png
    3 years later
    #5640 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

At least one of the three new movies are being directed by the lady who did Ms Marvel, so you know it'll be good.

26C5B3D3-684C-4AF7-AC7A-D61DBA5D9138.gif26C5B3D3-684C-4AF7-AC7A-D61DBA5D9138.gif

3 months later
    #5778 9 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They had such arrogance that they thought they could pump out non-stop Marvel product, using D-list superheroes to keep printing Billions, and they fans finally revolted.

Yep. They killed the nostalgia golden goose over time with badly written stories, little respect for legacy characters, and too much of it overall. The marvel/sw content got worse and now people are just burned out.
    They made out ok, no tears for Disney.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vino.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=vino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.