Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3644 4 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Trailer's out! I'd like to be the first one to reiterate how bad this movie is going to be! Worse than the prequels.

That doesn't look good at all. In fact I was a lot more excited before I saw that trailer...before I thought that there was some hope they could save things, now I have no hope.

1 week later
    #3690 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I'm struggling to think of any movie franchise that has come back 20 years+ after it's predecessor and been as good or better...
    Compared to the constraints of a 2 hour movie, I much prefer to watch a season of 6 to 10+ episodes of "prime" television like GOT or Westworld. I have high hopes for the new Disney streaming service, and for upcoming releases on HBO (Watchmen, His Dark Materials) and Amazon (Lord of the Rings).
    With this caliber of entertainment, I'm fine with waiting for the few movies I do want to see to end up at Redbox or on streaming rental sites. There are few movies (except Star Wars) that I actually want to see as soon as they hit the theater.
    Let's see: HBO, Amazon Prime and Hulu/Disney <= $50/month or 1 to 2 nights at the theater.
    Does anyone still use Netflix? They've lost so much good content, and their originals really aren't that exciting. Nowadays you pay for the original content, and the movies are just filler you browse through for 30 minutes before deciding you'd rather just go to bed early.
    If you're not heavily into watching sports, all you need is a HDTV antenna for local channels, fast internet and a few streaming channels (which you can rotate between as you wish).
    I'm not even sure why they're making movies for theaters any more? Want to go out to see entertainment? Go see a play!

I've wondered that same thing about theaters, but I've come to the conclusion on why it hasn't transitioned...food. There are tons of people who go to the theater #1 for food and #2 for the movie. I personally don't care at all, but a large majority of the people I know who go to movies wouldn't go unless they were able to get all the food stuff.

#3703 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

really? like $10 popcorn and $8 cokes? or $5 candy bars? im not sure I know of a theater that has good food? unless your saying its like an evening out on the town and hit up dinner before the movie?

Yeah, that stuff. I think the majority of people I know would rather not go to the movie if I told them they couldn't get something to eat or drink there. Movie is secondary, lol. I don't get it either, maybe it's because I'm going for the actual movie, and they're going for the 'experience'.

3 weeks later
    #3803 4 years ago

So the 7th episode stole the storyline from Episode 4, and the 8th episode stole it from Spaceballs (running out of fuel, and the 'fool you' projection that luke stole from Dark Helmet), where will Episode 9 get it's storyline? Kind of sounds like it will be Episode 6 with the emperor coming back.

2 weeks later
    #4031 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Very eerie how little awareness or hype exists around a movie this big with less than ten days to go..

It's because they destroyed all the hype the first movie created. The first movie was all about Luke being gone and then a huge buildup for him in the second, only to be completely let down by the whole thing. Now there's nothing left to look forward to honestly, Disney has created apathy towards the whole thing. People will watch it but it's now just another movie. Disney royally screwed this up, you don't mess with nostalgia or the main hero in a movie. It'd be like if Rocky got killed by Mr T in Rocky 3, and then wasn't in Rocky 4...would anyone have cared about Rocky 4? Same thing here. It's Star Wars, but they've destroyed all the heroes and things people care about...you know what happens when you destroy all the things people care about? They don't care anymore.

2 weeks later
    #4310 4 years ago

Just finished it, it was ok. Better than TLJ. I had pretty low expectations for it, and nothing really surprised me overall. There was just too much to try and undo in one movie. In the end, the entire trilogy was kind of a mess. The first movie was all setting up to find Luke, then that turned into a mess and zero setup for the 3rd movie...and it kind of shows as there's nothing really compelling here to resolve.

#4371 4 years ago

The problem with Adam Driver isn't the acting, it's just that he's not intimating or that scary of a bad guy. The bad guy in the Mandolorian was much more intimidating. It was fine when he had his helmet on, I think it would have been a lot better if he would have left on his helmet for the entire series until possibly the end.

3 weeks later
    #4555 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I agree. I finally finished it out last night. I'll say that the last episode was probably the best of all of them. The banter between the scout troopers had me laughing. I purposely avoided any information about who Mando was played by, and I was surprised when it was finally revealed.
    The whole show felt disjointed. The episodes never felt cohesive. It felt like a 90s scifi or fantasy show because of that, and I really didn't care for it. I actually watched everything twice... once with just my wife, and then our whole family. The kids loved it, but there were certain episodes I dreaded watching... the one in the village, and the prisoner heist, especially. They were painful to sit through a second time, and I actually fell asleep (I never do that).
    All in all, enough eye candy and some decent characters to carry the first season of the show. I look forward to the next season, but not in the same way I did for GOT or I do for Westworld.
    Oh, and I didn't even realize that one guy was an Ugnaught until they announced it in the last episode. That was sort of a cool realization.

It does feel a lot like Star Wars: TNG, lol. I'm just bummed about the droid, to me that was my favorite character in the whole series by far.

11 months later
    #5129 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And speaking of bombs, has anyone caught the first couple episodes of Wandavison on Disney+? I'd say the first post-Avengers Era property is off to a rough start.
    It might eventually turn into something interesting, but boy is it painful to watch so far. See how it goes I guess.

I couldn't watch it. I made it like 10 to 15 minutes, it's awful. And I've watched EVERYTHING marvel/star wars/star trek/etc and I've never turned anything off...till now. I just don't want to watch Leave it to Beaver with Marvel characters. When it was advertised like that, I was thinking no, they wouldn't do that, that would be terrible, there has to be some undertone...nope, that's what it is, and it's bad (for now).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.