Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,192 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png
    c70f2c8a4c529e76 (resized).png
    heather-michele-orourke_214479_5_full (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2769 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

shill that thinks we're Russian bots. They must think we're all right-wing Breitbart bunch. Um, I'm a Democrat.

I'm so sick and tired of broad generalizations. Say one thing about anything and you're automatically relegated to a particular political bin ... it's beyond frustrating anymore, but I do my best to laugh it off.

#2770 5 years ago

"The new characters are an afterthought for this one, except for finally revealing the truth how Rey/Kylo's heritage directly connects with the Skywalkers."

I can't see everything you described happening in a *good* 2h 15m film. It'll have the feel of the rush job "cram all of the loose ends in there" at the end of Episode III ... that is not good.

What I *hope* happens is that they decide to make an Episode X that focuses on tying everything together and ends the saga with Episode IX building up to that.

TLJ was bad in that they blew things up just for the sake of blowing things up ... you cannot blow all of that up with only 2 hours left to finish the story. If anything, Episode VII should have been half of what it was, and half TLJ.

2 months later
    #2896 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Episode IX: Part One

Lol! I was thinking the exact same thing .

Ep VIII was a colossal mess. I don't *hate* it per say, but you can't go burning every single thing down in the middle chapter of a trilogy. They have, at *most*, 2.5 hours to wrap up so many subplots (+ explain how the rebels came back after Ep VIII). That's not enough time!

While I hate being a Captain Hindsight, Ep VII needed to be a mix of the existing Eps VII and VIII. Moreover, they didn't need to introduce more characters just for the sake of having them (the whole side plot with Finn, Rose, and that Codebreaker was a complete waste of time; Admiral Ackbar should have been what Holdo was ... there was NO need for that Holdo character ... none; Rey needed more development so that they whole Mary Sue label could start to be removed).

The only way they can save face at this point is announce an Episode X that ties the trilogies together and have IX lead up to that story ... Ep VIII made a total mess of things for no real good reason hence the need for a mop up job. I blame the director personally ... that dude is intolerable to begin with.

I'm almost done with Star Wars myself ... damn shame seeing that I loved the OT growing up. While I didn't dislike Solo, that was the first Star Wars sequel/prequel I did NOT see in the theater (I saw all of the others on opening night). I don't think Solo would have done as bad as it did if Ep VIII wasn't such a turd.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megadeth2600.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=megadeth2600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.