Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,233 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsronnie1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3057 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Thanks for pulling those - so it seems like the “Disney corrupts the judges” theory can be left to the side, and we’re back to either “the judges are biased liberals” or “many of the fan voters didn’t see the film but are attempting to manipulate the outcome for political reasons.” Or of course some combination of the two. I can’t think of a clever way to distinguish though.

I just checked a few pages of reviews at Rotten Tomatoes and all the people giving it negative reviews do seem to have watched the movie. Apparently they deleted 53,000 "1 star" reviews a couple days ago that were obviously politically motivated.... so even with 53,000 reviews deleted, the almost 10,000 they have right now are at about the same rating (it was down to 33, now it's at 36) and the reviews I read were mentioning scenes and plot twists from the movie.

So I think ultimately it's just coming down to a lot of people don't like the movie even if they're not aware of the political issues.

#3064 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

She basically had no weaknesses at all, which again made it so it seemed she was never in any real peril.

Ah, the old Superman conundrum. They were smart enough to give Superman 1 weakness; he wouldn't kill people or let people be killed, so you could manipulate him into all kinds of strange situations by kidnapping Lois Lane, for instance... or putting him in a situation where he had to choose to let 1 live and 1 die, etc.

1 week later
    #3104 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The guy is a creep and I'll not rehash what has already been flogged to death here. Provided plenty of evidence, I'd not trust the guy within 50 feet of a child. GOG was an awesome movie, doesn't change my opinion of the guy an ounce.
    I agree with someone else who had an insightful thought on another site.
    Gunn was never fired.
    Oh they said he was but in reality he was not. There was no effort to dump the script he wrote for GOG3 nor was there any real effort to find another director. Disney just didn't want anything that could potentially screw up the Fox acquisition. Now that it is all but in the bag it is safe to "rehire" Gunn.
    Makes perfect sense all things considered.

This is Hollywood we're talking about. Weinstein ran half the town for 30 years and everybody knew he was a straight up Deviant, not only did they not care or do anything about it, they went out of their way to help him find new victims.

I'm not a huge Feminist but I draw the line way before multiple rape over 30 years and nobody says anything.

I'm not surprised that in that kind of 'culture' they rehired a weirdo who tweeted some sick stuff on twitter. He's just one of the ones we know about, imagine all the ones we don't know about yet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsronnie1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=lyonsronnie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.