2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,548 posts
  • 284 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by oktobernv
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 209 votes
      33%
    • decent, better than the prequels 237 votes
      37%
    • really good, on par with the originals 77 votes
      12%
    • great! one of the best 72 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 42 votes
      7%

(637 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200119_132828 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200119_132825 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200119_132741 (resized).jpg
    star-wars-rise-skywalker-concept-art (resized).jpg
    e4824a4daeb9a833 (resized).jpg
    20200114_113738_resized (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    7724E556-621F-4D60-9AD8-567E4415FF5B (resized).png
    PSX_20200103_154101 (resized).jpg
    series-D34-triad (resized).png
    baby (resized).JPG
    tros (resized).jpg
    3e55c913fa4d1d8762fe7d7108b26bd44ac6e57c (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191224-141658~2 (resized).png
    grosss (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason43.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1060 2 years ago

It's salt.

#1062 2 years ago

I agree with what's been said. I walked out with the same feeling i had after seeing episode 1, not really sure about how i felt about things. Upon serious thought, I've concluded that the movie is a turd. A turd with some good moments, but a turd nonetheless. My biggest problem is that i just don't care now. The first order is under the control of two incompetent nitwits, the resistance is just a handful of people. There's no sense of a looming threat going into the next movie. No stakes. Who really gives a fuck.

#1075 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I thaught the scene with Leia pulling herself back to the ship with the force was great. Yes It may have been awkwardly filmed, but I overlooked that. It was a good display of her power with the force. After 30 years of learning to tap into her force power, I think that pulling herself back to the ship would be the least she could do. Force users can push and pull things with the force. This is nothing new. So I don't get the hate with that scene from people. Is it the way it was filmed, or the act of pulling her way back to the ship?

See, my problem isn't that she used the force. I actually think it was a cool concept. It was how poorly executed the scene was. Have her catch herself using the force as she's being pulled away from the control panel and barely make it back to the door. If she needed to be out of commission for an hour because plot, have her get hurt in an explosion. Literally anything would've been a better scene than what we got. I knew as soon as they cut to her floating in space, something dumb was about to happen.

#1212 2 years ago

I played the pro a few weeks back. I didn't walk away from it thinking"what the fuck just happened" like I did when I left the theater.

#1255 2 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Im guessing its going to be how Han won the Falcon from Lando or something O_o. Throw in some Kessel Run mumbo jumbo and volia.
    i also anticipate more really bad jokes
    what are the odds that he wins the falcon from lando at Maz Katana's place just to make her character seem relevant??

EVERYTHING MUST BE EXPLAINED

#1302 2 years ago

I think the majority of people who buy Star Wars toys these days are adult collectors. Most of the older fans hated this movie, probably not buying the toys then.

1 month later
    #1451 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I couldn’t agree more. Kennedy has no respect for the fan base. RJ takes zero blame for delivering a poorly plotted product. They just say we are sexiest if we don’t like their movie...it’s the only defense these Hollywood types can muster.
    I really get a chuckle when they say the hard core Star Wars fans have Star Wars burnout. We were never going to have burn out so long as the product was good and the story was interesting and the lore developed and grew.

Its the Ghostbusters defense. We didn't like that movie because we're sexist pricks

2 weeks later
    #1508 1 year ago

FB_IMG_1521497584171 (resized).jpg

#1512 1 year ago

Dear God. Where has Crispin Glovers music been all my life. Amazing.

#1517 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Not to push aside Crispin Glover, who deserves another moment in the sun, but has anyone seen Ready Player One yet?

As nostalgic of a person as i am, i really have no desire to see it.

1 month later
    #1816 1 year ago

Saw it earlier about lando. Star wars is the pc poster child for Disney, apparently. I just don't fucking care anymore.

3 weeks later
    #2064 1 year ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

I’m not sure how any person man or woman can identify with Rey. Perfect at everything with no effort or practice, she is a bad role model. Do nothing and have everything handed to you easy-peasy, it is a sad thing that some feminists feel drawn to that type of character as a role model for women as she is in many ways the opposite of what we should aspire to.

Ironically, i never gave Rey much thought as to how poor of a protagonist she is. Probably due to all the other flaws stealing her thunder.

Usually in a movie like this, The protagonist would get put through hell before coming out on top. Look at Luke in the OT. He gets his ass handed to him royally before winning in the end. Pretty basic formula for a character arc. I thought they were going a similar route with her in the first movie, with her coming from nothing, but after the first half of the movie, she hasn't faced many challenges since. Honestly, this makes her a pretty uninteresting character.

2 weeks later
    #2218 1 year ago

With Marvel, they had a plan from the beginning. With Star Wars, it's pretty obvious they're just making these movies up as they go along. Which is a shame, because SW really should've been handled better.

#2263 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The prequels had a start to finish plan and cohesion.

No, they really didn't. It's pretty obvious Lucas was making it up as he went.

#2286 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw: The prequels did a good job of setting stakes and making the galaxy feel huge.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I thought the PT shrank the Star Wars universe. Darth Vader built CP3O, baby Boba Fett etc. It's a very small galaxy.

3 weeks later
    #2350 1 year ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Fresh from the rumor mill:
    George Lucas replacing Kathleen Kennedy to FIX Episode 9?
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/995415/Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-backlash-Kathleen-Kennedy-Episode-9-George-Lucas
    Also Lucasfilm confirmed that Carrie Fisher will now be appearing in Ep 9.....

Have things gotten so bad that we've all forgotten just how badly George Lucas butchered Star Wars?

#2359 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but the prequels did an amazing job of showing just how large the Star Wars universe is,

By including baby Boba Fett, baby Greedo, having Anakin build C3P0, etc...? If anything, I feel they showed just how small and limited this universe is.

3 weeks later
    #2501 1 year ago

For those interested, the last Jedi plinkett review is up

1 month later
    #2631 1 year ago

That stupid ornament is 40 bucks?

#2636 1 year ago

In fairness to Disney, shamelessly whorring out the star wars brand is nothing new.

2 weeks later
    #2657 1 year ago

Luke rotj: willing to die to save his father from the dark side

Luke tlj: maybe senses a little dark side in his nephew, ready to cut him the fuck in half while he sleeps

Consistent.

2 weeks later
    #2681 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Nahhhh...
    " Sith " was "ok" a best......
    Still a pile of shit movie.
    EP 1 , 2 & 3 are 100% UNWATCHABLE...

Downvote him all you want, but he's right. Horrible acting, story, dialogue, directing. But they have pretty lightsaber fights, so, they must be awesome.

#2711 1 year ago

I see so many posts referring to the clone wars cartoon. If these movies needed a cartoon to flesh out what should've been in the movies, then that's just another reason they failed.

#2730 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How do you cover an entire war, with various political factions/diplomacy & thousands of battles taking place on thousands of planets, all while developing hundreds of characters (old & new), cultures & backstories in a two hour movie? Impossible. These TV series excel at telling stories that the movies simply cannot cover in detail. They're meant for hardcore fans, who get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

He didn't need to develop hundreds of characters. Just the 3 or 4 that the movies centered around. The originals managed to do this and cover am entire war just fine.

3 months later
    #3153 9 months ago

I think the storm troopers are red because of the lightsaber. You sure that's an official poster? Looks very fan made. Ah hell. Not even sure why I'm asking. I don't think i care anymore.

1 week later
    #3157 9 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

But the ones right under the hilt are still white?

I'm guessing because some second rate artist threw this together in about 5 minutes in Photoshop.

#3164 9 months ago

I hope all of this is true. I'm all for this movie being a coat hanger abortion of a film.

#3211 9 months ago

RIP, Lando.

#3213 9 months ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Come on now, even haters must admit that at least the title is decent. Especially compared to all the "rumors".

That title is shit.

#3217 9 months ago

My favorite part is where they said the saga is coming to an end.

#3218 9 months ago

I'm hoping they at least let him get head from c3p0 before he dies. Since he's apparently into that sort of thing now.

#3226 9 months ago

Thank God

3 weeks later
    #3298 8 months ago

They also announced a new Indiana Jones film. So this will be one of two things. A recast/reboot, or 80 year old Harrison Ford back in the role. Either way, fuck off.

#3332 8 months ago

Meh. Cool fight, but looks completely out of place spliced into the original film. I prefer the original.

#3335 8 months ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

The original scene is out of place in all the other movies.......and all other cannon for that matter.

And that's part of my problem with the prequels and special editions. Instead of the prequels being made to fit in with the originals, the originals have to constantly be "reimagined" and reworked to fit in with the prequels. It's lazy filmmaking on Lucas' part.

#3343 8 months ago

To be fair to TLJ, star wars was ruined a long time ago. It's not like it's the first horrible movie in the franchise.

4 weeks later
    #3369 7 months ago

Does it really matter at this point?

1 month later
    #3396 6 months ago

Concerning Picard.... Isn't the same group of people who work on Discovery doing this? If so, my expectations are fucking non existent.

3 weeks later
    #3446 5 months ago

Finally I can see all the crazy adventures obiwan had, while exiled on the desert planet.

#3451 5 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

But wasn’t Obi-wan just laying low watching out after Luke from a distance? I mean, it already didn’t make sense to hide Luke with Darth Vader’s step-brother on his home planet, would Obi-Wan really have wanted to draw attention to himself with crazy adventures?

Yep. Sarcastic post. I always looked at it as his final punishment for failing. Exiled and alone. But now he can have fun adventures, right? I hope he gets a girlfriend.

Fuck. It's been 40 years since people who understand star wars have made a star wars story. How the fuck is this franchise still going?

1 week later
    #3480 4 months ago

"fuck it" pretty much sums up the franchise at this point

#3481 4 months ago

Good to see this movie continues the tradition of seeing what new, crazy shit they can do with a lightsaber to sell toys. Seriously, what practical purpose could a fold in half lightsaber serve?

#3494 4 months ago

Lets not forget that it's not just JJ working on this. The guy who wrote Batman v Superman is a co-writer. So, let that nugget sink in.

Fuck it.

#3499 4 months ago

It's pretty obvious there was no plan in place for this new trilogy. They made it up as they went and it shows. They should've least had a basic outline for all three movies before they filmed a scene.

1 month later
    #3623 3 months ago

Star wars isn't an event anymore, unfortunately. It's become just another franchise.

1 month later
    #3756 70 days ago

Meh. The show is ok I guess. It's basically "stuff I remember: the series". Makes me realize that we'll probably never see anything truly new and unique in the star wars universe.

2 weeks later
    #3860 55 days ago

You have to understand that the masses are so oblivious to what a good movie is these days. If it's got action and explosions and lightsabers, with some pew pew lasers, it'll do just fine. Not to mention, the average star wars fan will eat up anything star wars without question and then accuse you of not being a true fan for not lapping it up as well.

#3871 53 days ago

I don't like the name "Mando".

#3880 52 days ago

"There's nothing on this planet that can take down an ST-ST."

If only they had an ewok.

#3886 52 days ago

Disney plus has spiderman and his amazing friends, which is the main reason I'm keeping it for the time being

#3891 51 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The Mandalorian is good. The most recent episode was the worst one but still good. Episode 9 looks like a dumpster fire of shit. Horses running on a ship in space? WTF?

What is an ST-ST?

Oh fuck.

#3944 45 days ago

I guess the state of star wars is pretty bad if we're fondly reminiscing over the good old days of the phantom menace

#3946 45 days ago

We'll have to agree to disagree. It's fine that people like them, but the prequels are some of the finest examples of shit filmmaking out there. 3 is watchable at best. 1 and 2 are bad on almost every level. And it ain't because of jar jar or Jake Loyd. The directing, writing, dialogue, acting, plot, pacing, editing... all horrid. To the point that it's dumbfounding. People don't hate the prequels because it's ingrained in our culture. They hate them because they're garbage. Like I said, it's fine to like them. I like my fair share of horrible movies. But let's not try to pretend that the prequels are some kind if misunderstood classics here.

#3994 44 days ago

Mando may have the worst supporting characters on TV, at least in the last few episodes. Every person he interacts with is annoying af.

#4002 43 days ago

Vader's scene at the end of rogue one is thinly veiled fan service. It serves absolutely no purpose other than an excuse to have Darth Vader swing a lightsaber. That scene was made for the lowest common denominator of star wars fan. The people who like phantom menace because it has pod racing, or the people who think Sith is the best movie because it has the bestest lightsaber fight.

#4014 43 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Vader's scene in Rogue One is probably my favorite scene from any of the films. Anyone who says it's out of place might want to read a novel, comic book or view one of the cartoons from that Ep3 to Ep4 period. At that time Vader was young, angry, ruthless, and a feared force though out the galaxy. By Rogue One he's at his peak. It was wonderful to finally see him using all his powers & skills on screen for the first time. Deflecting shots, force choking, cutting people in half, ripping blasters from their hands, inspiring fear & terror in his enemies. Presented perfectly.
    Old ass Yoda leaping & spinning with a lightsaber in Episode 2? Executed extremely bad to the point it was laughable.

Oh horseshit. You shouldn't have to read the books or watch the cartoons for the movies to make sense.

#4033 42 days ago

Wow. That poster looks like something off the cover of an early 80s, straight to video cheese flick

#4054 39 days ago

At least the newest episode of the Mandorian didn't suck too badly.

#4061 39 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Most episodes of Friday the 13th the Series had complete story arcs. As in an introduction to new characters, maybe a mew setting, a new cursed object, and then a resolution to all the conflict that object created. All in a syndicated show, surely produced for bazillions less.
    Hell, one episode had the gang join a monastery. That introduced several characters, and wrapped them up by show's end.
    I'm just saying this show feels very elementary, for the amount of cash and talent involved. Feels very competent, safe, and ultimately forgettable so far. Which is like most media.
    I'm forgetting if the episode where Ryan joined an Amish commune was 1 or 2 parts. Weighty shit there, for sure! Love that show!! [quoted image]

I have to agree with you. There's been a couple fairly decent episodes, a couple clunkers, but nothing is what I'd consider amazing. Safe is probably the best description.

#4065 39 days ago

"Mando"

#4075 36 days ago

The early reviews are rolling in. It's a success. The best star wars ever. Disney's done it again

#4076 36 days ago

I like sorting through the tweets and figuring out which ones are shills and which ones are just impressed by shiney objects. It's a fun game.

#4128 35 days ago

Hey, the newest episode of the mandolin was actually pretty good at least

1 week later
    #4333 26 days ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

At the end of the day, a sequel trilogy to a beloved franchise was never going to meet the impossibly high expectations

I appreciate what you're saying, but I see this excuse thrown around quite a bit in regards to this new trilogy. The only expectations they had to meet, were to have a coherent story across 3 movies, with characters were dont hate, doing things that make sense in regards to that story. And they failed at that.

And really, did anyone really have any sort of expectations after the prequels? I think most people's expectations were ground level, which makes it that much more amazing that they shit the bed this badly.

#4337 26 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Everyone had the same basic expectations for the prequels. To see Anakin Skywalker trained by his good friend Obiwan, turn to the darkside & become Darth Vader. Along the way we get to see the Clone Wars in all it's glory & the backstory to the birth of Luke/Leia. Lucas delivered all that, just not the way fans minds were theorizing & daydreaming for those 16 years between ROTJ & TPM.
    I think many people were expecting to see the version of Vader from the last 5 minutes of Rogue One over the course an entire movie. Not an entire movie focused on a 10 year old Anakin. Not a painful-to-watch love story over half of another film. And not a Vader/Luke/Leia reveal in the last 5 minutes of the last movie.
    Like Ep7-9, you could say that Ep1-3 was a squandered opportunity as well. But least we got to see an excellent depiction of young Obiwan though.

See, I have no problem if the story I end up getting is completely different from what I expected. Just deliver said story well. The problem with the prequels isn't expectations. It's that we got a jumbled shit show that was just plain bad on every level. This is why I hate the "expectations were too high" excuse so much. There hasn't been a truly great star wars movie since 1980. That was 40 years ago. Every movie since then has been steaming hot garbage, with a couple bordering on mediocre. The good to bad ratio for star wars films ain't leaning anywhere near good at this point. How anyone can have expectations for this franchise is baffling to me.

#4343 25 days ago

So, I actually just saw the film today. My biggest complaint: 30 minutes of previews and commercials before the movie. Ten minutes into the film and I'm already about to piss myself.

#4365 21 days ago

Don't forget the Rose Tico show everyone is now apparently pushing for.

#4368 21 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just saw ROSW and it was not horrible all considered, not a good movie but not as bad of a train wreck as TLJ or Solo. I will say there were only 30 people in the theatre and 3 left in the middle of the film.
    I can not imagine a worse casting of an actor than Adam Driver (horrible).
    I thought the Finn, Poe, Rey scenes were usually ok and I like some of the humor.

I actually thought Driver was one if the few redeeming qualities if the new trilogy

#4401 19 days ago

Where do you even find a copy of the despecialized edition without going through downloading torrents and all that horseshit?

#4404 19 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Everyone talks about Han shooting first, but actually my favorite fixes are for ROTJ. Replacing the "Lapti Nek" song in Jabbas palace with that horrific swinging dance number was completely ridiculous & out of place. That moment is the low point of the Specialized Editions. IDK WTF Lucas was thinking with that change.
    Also nice to see the iconic Ewoks "Yub Nub" song restored as well. There's an entire generation of kids who haven't had that song haunting them & replaying in their heads for years. What a shame. haha In fact I bought an old copy of the ROTJ soundtrack on vinyl specifically for that song.

Jesus, Rotj took it right up the poop shoot in the SE's. The other movies are watchable and I can overlook most of the changes, but the jedi se is almost unwatchable.

#4415 17 days ago

I'd wager that the "JJ" cut will be on that super duper, holy shit, Skywalker saga boxed set that they're going on about. Disney's not going to turn down a chance to milk this cash cow a little more.

#4448 11 days ago

They trollin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason43.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside