Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,234 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#663 6 years ago

Wow I just got back from seeing The Last Jedi yesterday honestly didn’t think it was going to be as bad as some said, but I was unpleasantly surprised how bad it was.

It started out good enough opening but it just started to unravel, it felt like Star Wars to begin with but as it unravelled lots that Star Wars feel, then came the big problems.

Leia’s Man of Steel moment was extremely jarring, Rey is just too good too quick compared to Anakin/Vader and Luke’s time to become competent with the Force, Kylo Ren without his mask and cool voice is pretty lame and the way they ultimately handled Luke was probably the most disappointing thing I have ever seen in a cinema.

#665 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

But, besides that, Mrs. Lincoln...how did you enjoy the play?

After the farce that was The Last Jedi, I say off with their heads!

AC25FFDE-CFDF-4831-A410-7210D1C53857.gifAC25FFDE-CFDF-4831-A410-7210D1C53857.gif

#705 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I dunno Ted, they're calling JL a miss already and it's made 650 Million. They have fuzzy math when it comes to these so-called "Tentpole" pictures.

The rule of thumb with Hollywood budgets/profit is that a film has to make double its production budget to just break even!

The production budget for JL is estimated between $350-$400million! And from what I have read that might not include the advertising, marketing and promotion budget.

So while $650-$700 is successful when weighed up against the investment/cost of the movie it’s a financial and critical flop/failure.

#717 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you really believe the nonsense you just wrote?
    There’s ONE guy who is pushing the idea that this movie is a flop, and it’s that one-track idiot from Forbes. And he isn’t even speaking English. Seriously, his columns on this are borderline incoherent.
    His clickbait headlines about Star Wars being doomed are cute but are you really hitching your wagon to this guy’s obvious agenda? This movie is going to make close to a billion dollars and that’s before home video.

I was talking about Justice League.....

tumblr_o4jtklovUq1uvcgjlo2_500.giftumblr_o4jtklovUq1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

#718 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you really believe the nonsense you just wrote?
    There’s ONE guy who is pushing the idea that this movie is a flop, and it’s that one-track idiot from Forbes. And he isn’t even speaking English. Seriously, his columns on this are borderline incoherent.
    His clickbait headlines about Star Wars being doomed are cute but are you really hitching your wagon to this guy’s obvious agenda? This movie is going to make close to a billion dollars and that’s before home video.

yayomg-lego-batman-movie-mic-drop.gifyayomg-lego-batman-movie-mic-drop.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.