Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,233 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5095 3 years ago

I still don't understand why Disney won't release Season 1 and 2 of the Mandalorian seasons, as well as the final season of The Clone Wars, on blu ray or some other type of collectors edition. I know they have the streaming service, but they can really bank if they release the blu ray on them as well.

Been reading a lot lately about economists not believing movie theatres will be around much longer, especially if another lock down is coming (don't get me started on that one). It's a shame and I wonder how they will release movies on blu ray from here on out if that happens, since movie companies will first consider how well the movie will do at the home market besides box office sales and not vice versa.

Still, I'm glad Disney as the license because they have the means and the money to produce some really good quality SW shows. Fingers crossed because Mando turned out excellent. Can't wait for the others.

#5105 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Patty Jenkins was the director, though Zack was a producer.
    I was thinking of it this morning, story was a terrible mash. If someone could do a fan edit it would only improve.

I think she’s the one who is going to direct the new SW Rogue Squadron movie. Hope she doesn’t ruin it!

#5109 3 years ago

I finally sat down and watched WW84 and what a disaster. Remember, this is coming from a HUGE superhero/comic fan and I buy all of the superhero films on blu Ray. However, this is one I think I’m going to pass on (along with Birds of Prey and Ghost Rider).

The story was okay, but it seemed to drag on. The action scenes were mediocre and just boring to watch and the CGI was horrendous IMO, especially the truck chase scene where WW saves (2) children from being run over by one of the chase vehicles. I mean BAD!! Twice in the film it showed WW flying (or floating) in the sky and it seemed like the scenes could have been cut down quite a bit. I just didn’t care for the movie. I liked WW and the Justice League movie, so I’m not hating on the movie because of the character or because it’s a DC movie.

I hope the director of this film learns from her mistakes and doesn’t screw up SW Rogue Squadron, but I’m keeping my hopes on high.

5 months later
    #5279 2 years ago

I’m really enjoying the Bad Batch series now. Filloni is knocking it out of the park and truly understands what the SW fans want. He did an outstanding job on The Clone Wars (and Mando) and now he’s bringing back some of the characters from Clone Wars into Bad Batch (no spoilers, but you’ll be happy).

The story is getting better and better and the animation is top notch. Kudos to everyone involved in these shows. A great time to be a SW fan.

#5283 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well this is about the only thing we got wrong, which to me would have been the easiest thing to get right....go figure.
    Quote:
    "2021 is a contract year for Kennedy and it has been widely assumed that she would not be returning to her post. Today, however, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek confirmed that is not, in fact, the case.
    At the 2021 Walt Disney Company Meeting of Shareholders, Chapek was asked if Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, or someone else would take the reigns at Lucasfilm when Kennedy’s contract expires later this year. Chapek stated unequivocally:
    We look forward to having Kathy direct the activities of the entire Lucasfilm organization for many years to come."

My stomach hurts.

1 month later
    #5318 2 years ago

I really enjoyed watching The Bad Batch series this year and I’m super excited about Disney deciding to continue for another season. I’m liking the characters, stories, tie-ins and the animation is top notch and is getting better and better with every episode.

#5319 2 years ago

Also, the second episode of Marvel’s What If was really good and I liked it better than the first episode. Again, top notch animation including the main character actors returning to provide their respective voices to the characters including Boswick’s Black Panther (RIP). They left a tribute to him at the end of the 2nd episode.

1 year later
    #5563 1 year ago

I felt bad for the actor who played Jar Jar Binks. He got a lot of backlash from Butt Hurt Star Wars fans and never got the credit for being the first actor who performed as a CGI character way before Andy Serkis (who is awesome BTW) He got a LOT of hate mail and the only thing he was doing was just trying to portray the character from which he was paid to perform. The hate mail got so bad he started to receive death threats and even had to seek psychiatric care and had deep thoughts of depression and suicidal tendencies. I actually like they picked him to play the part of a Jedi credited for helping to save Grogu and I wish him the best of luck because he deserves it after all the crap he had to go through. THIS IS THE WAY!

Okay, I admit Boba was a let down, although I loved the train chase scene. We got Cad Bane debut in that series and I love Fennec Shand. But look at the other shows that were hit properties, such as Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch, Mando and Andor. So that's one mediocre show against (5) good ones and I'll take those odds! I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo because they filled in some empty spots in the storyline and they both felt SW to me. The last episode before Wednesday's show was kinda boring, but it explained how the emperor came back eventually.

If you're into comics (which I am), Marvel has saturated the market with SW books. You have to pick and choose because of it, but they have some good stories as well. I personally am enjoying Bounty Hunters from the lot and I have a subscription to that title put back in my comic holds. I really like how they are trying to tie all of the TV, movie, and comic book stories all into one university.

I believe Disney has become too woke for my tastes and it sickens me, but I was actually glad they picked up the SW license. Maybe they saturated the market too much, but I would rather have too much because it's better than nothing. Why wait for up to (3) years to release a movie from a universe I get so much enjoyment out of? I'll take the stinkers any day of the week when I know there might be a diamond in the group.

Here's hoping Ahsoka works out great. I remember when she was first introduced fans HATED the character and now they can't get enough of her. As for me, I look forward to Wednesdays so I can watch the Bad Batch and Mando and I'll hate it once those seasons end.

My point is people will all complain and moan about how they miss these shows if they were gone forever. Remember how EVERYBODY hated the prequels, but now they're starting to find a new fan base and admiration from true SW enthusiasts.

And now my pinball thoughts. The pinball market is saturated as well. Stern is looked upon as the Disney of the group with love and hate mail coming from all sides. JJP and Spooky gets it as well, but not as bad as Stern does. Same question. Would you want Stern to quit making pinball because you don't like some of the themes they pick? Out of (5) releases they might release that one pinball you love and gotta have.

Just saying.

#5565 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Now that IS sad.

C'mon Law, you can't tell me you didn't think the Clone army was super cool and how they advanced the story and evolution of the clones into Clone Wars and Bad Batch. They far outweigh the Anakin and Padme romance talk scenes.

#5567 1 year ago

Good points, but you have to give thanks to the prequels for at least giving us Darth Maul and the light sabre fight

2 weeks later
    #5658 1 year ago

I just watched the recent episode of Mando and yes, it does get interesting.

However (and this is coming from a HUGE SW fan) I can't help but think Mando is being forgotten in his own TV show. He just seems like a bit character, riding along to advance the story of Bo Katan. I'm now starting to think Grogu's story should have ended with Mando with the last episode of Season 2 because, after all, how is Grogu getting the training to be a Jedi while riding along with Mando?

****SPOILER****

Glad to see Moff Gideon back in the series and his inclusion in the story line is starting to make it look interesting, especially with the end season. I don't see how those "left behind" Mandalorians didn't notice such a HUGE empire base suddenly forming on their planet, but I looked past it while rolling my eyes

I always heard the SW universe was just a tool to make more action figures and after watching the latest episode I can see the reasoning behind it. I can see Hasbro making a pretty buck with the collector(s) who like to "army build" their figures, especially now with the latest introduction of the Beskar Steel armored plated Stormtroopers that was just introduced into the series, along with the crimson Jedi guards with light sabres and Moff Gideon in his new outfit. I can see Hasbro pulling the heads off of the old Stormtrooper bodies and adding on the new helmets, along with Moff Gideon old figure being repackaged with his new helmet accessory. Let's not forget Grogu walking around with his IG12 robot figure. Hasbro will just take the old IG11 action figure, label it with a Grogu figure and rename the figure and call it a day.

Still hoping nest week's last Mando episode will be kick ass and help save season 3, which has been kinda lackluster. I usually go back and re-watch certain episodes from a season, but this season I really can't think of one I want to go back and watch.

#5668 1 year ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

What if I told you, it was all about toy sales

Thanks for the swift kick in my SW nuts

4 months later
    #5810 7 months ago

I kinda liked the first 2 episodes of Ahsoka. Big fan of the character, but I do have a few gripes (don't we all).

They had to have a boring first episode to catch people up to the story line and characters for the ones who didn't watch Rebels. That's why I think The Mandalorian came in as hot as it did because it was a brand new character starting from fresh in a universe and storyline everybody was familiar with. The second episode of Ahsoka is really taking off, but like others I'm getting tired of seeing a character stabbed with a lightsaber and surviving.

Ms. Dawson's acting is good, but she just seems too laid back as the character. She walks around looking bored or something, like nothing is interesting to her. I don't know, I can't describe it, but it just don't seem right and the acting needs more energy. Again, I love the character and I'm just hoping this series takes off with very high hopes. Other people bash the idea of Disney running too many storylines and saturating the market with so many titles, but I for one don't mind it at all and let Disney milk away. Something is better than nothing because after awhile even the older trilogies is going to become boring so I'm all for new content regardless if some make it good or not.

I'm so happy that Disney is starting to wise up and release their titles to the fans who enjoy the physical copies of their favorite movies and tv series. I never did like digital stuff because I'm old fashioned and I love holding the object in my hand (that's what she said). After paying the money, I want to feel like I bought something that is mine and not wrapped up in some type of digital world that can easily be lost or taken away. Here's hoping more titles will come from Disney, especially in steel book form, such as The Bad Batch and Andor, along with Marvel's Werewolf by Night and Moon Knight. Boba Feet was terrible and Obi-Wan was meh, but some of the episodes in those series were actually pretty good and being a Star Wars fan I would still buy it to complete the collection. Mando season 3 didn't have the magic as the first (2) seasons, but it too also had a couple of good episodes in it.

Yes I'm a critic, but it's only because I want them to succeed. I want Disney to get back to being Disney before all of this woke crap ruined them. You dance with the date that you took to the prom. Rant off.

#5819 7 months ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So do Paramount/CBS, Netflix and Warner Bros. Discovery.
    Netflix stock is down 12% for the last 52 weeks,
    Paramount nearly 50%
    And even with two hit's in the theatres this summer Warner Bros / Discovery is down about 30%.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disneys-stock-flirting-with-lowest-close-in-nearly-9-years-f8036350?mod=mw_quote_news
    Edit: Just found out about this from FOX:
    https://hd-report.com/2023/08/24/prey-4k-uhd-blu-ray-editions-up-for-pre-order-bonus-features-detailed/

You're hitting out of the park with your updates. I heard some fans were screaming about Prey being racist because they didn't include the cherokee language in the film, instead using english language. So it looks like they're pleasing all audiences by including the option to have the native language used with English subtitles.

Being a Predator fan, I'm really happy with the release of this film. Initially I wasn't really a big Predator fan, but the sequels started to make be like it more and more. I think Prey is one of the best, if not the best, Predator film. If you didn't know better, you would think the film is a documentary. The visuals and backgrounds are beautiful and filmed perfectly and really makes you feel you're watching what it was like to be an Indian during that time.

And then the Predator comes along. LOL Awesome!

3 weeks later
    #5874 7 months ago

I actually enjoyed the last episode of Ahsoka, although I think they should have renamed the show Rebels instead.

Still, the entrance of Thrawn was awesome. The detail they put in his star destroyer still showing the damage caused by the ship being dragged by one of those "warp whales(?) was cool and the appearance of the night sisters looked awesome as well.

Didn't realize Thrawn's army consisted of dead stormtrooper brought back to life by the Night Sisters. Didn't notice the crates being unloaded from the destroyer was actually coffins of dead stormtroopers being brought to the Night Sisters in order to bring them back to life. That would explain the dirty armor and the red wrapping around the army of the troopers, which would be the garments the Night Sisters would wrap around the body before they would bring them back to life.

When I first observed Enoch I thought to myself "Well, Hasbro is going to make him into an action figure". He looked cool, but I'm not sure if he's an undead trooper or one of the last living ones of the army.

Loved the spooky feel of Thrawn and his army of the dead, putting me into the early spirit of Halloween. Here's hoping the last (2) episodes will put this show over the top along the ranks of Mando, Andor and Bad Batch.

#5883 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

My favorite part was when the bad guy Jedis are like "ughhh witchcraft". They literally move things with their minds, but when these chicks do it, it's the dark arts.
    That and the intimidating side shot of Thrawns beer gut as he's walking up the aisle. The stormtroopers may be going to shit while stranded on this planet, but he ain't missing seconds.
    Other thoughts:
    -why are the stormtroopers so dirty? White plastic has to be pretty easy to clean.
    -why is Thrawn wasting resources to follow and kill Sabine/Ezra? Just leave them. They're in another fucking galaxy.
    -how do space witches from another galaxy speak English?
    I'm still convinced this is Star Wars for stupid people.

To answer your questions.....

I believe the stormtrooper are actually dead troopers, brought to life by the witch sisters. They were probably buried and brought back to life afterwards, thus showing the dirty armor. I recall seeing some of the troopers having blaster marks on their armor denoting they probably were killed by blaster fire. Plus, they do have those red cloth items wrapped around parts of their armor, which is what those night sisters would wrap around the bodies prior to them performing the magic to revive the dead. You don't see walkers or zombies walking around with fresh, clean clothing do you? They're probably just happy walking around and using what brain activity to do just that. IMO I think the producers made them look that way to give them the perception of being dead troopers, which I thought was pretty cool. Maybe when they get back to the regular universe they can hit up Pinball Life and get some wax to shine up their plastics, huh?

Thrawn is pure evil and just wants to get revenge on them, regardless if he has the upper hand or not. Why leave them on a remote planet if they have a chance of living and possibly coming back to antagonize him again? Plus he knows Ahsoka is in the picture and is enroute to possibly confront him and/or save Sabine/Ezra.

Would you really want to watch a show that has to use sub-titles for whenever a creature or alien being says something? How can I concentrate on the action or the visuals of any movie if I'm constantly looking down to read a sub-title?

All in all I'm enjoying this show and I don't consider myself stupid. I suggest finding the time to open your mind and go back and watch the clone wars series and possibly the Rebels show to get the back story. You don't have to watch all of the seasons, maybe checking on the episodes that has the night sisters and Thrawn in them.

I do agree on the beer gut theory though, but I guess every character can't be skinny minnies. Look at Jabba and he has a fan base. Just saying.

This is the way.

#5894 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard, in a franchise that's been pumping consistent dumb shit for decades.

Simply being fantasy is not a free pass for bad story telling. There's rules that have been pre-established in this universe and when you start going around those rules, you get shit like this. Now people take lightsabers to the chest like it's nothing. Now, you have space zombies and intergalactic space whales and people force throwing space ships. Because it looks cool.
    And I could almost accept those things if the story was crafted by someone with talent, but it's not, which makes the stupidity glaringly obvious. That's the difference between this and the OT. Yes, it's ideas are dumb, but it doesn't matter, because it was made by people with talent, who could make the silliness work through good story telling.
    If you like it, great. Watch it, love it. Roll your eyes at the people like me who can't blindly consume the sludge.

Here….have a snickers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.