Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,206 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fisherdaman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#530 6 years ago

The argument that the Jedi don't give up isn't necessarily accurate.

#536 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Because it's Brienne of Tarth under there!
    Don't you know she's the one that brings the two biggest/weirdest fan-based fetishes together?
    In SW 9, she'll bring out some dragons or something stupid like that. Can't wait for both fan bases to go ape shit over it!

While I thought the film was entertaining, I still think that Disney is ruining Star Wars with its over the top merchandising. Really, do we need an official "car of Star Wars"? While they are at it they might as well destroy it by combining it with other big hits like Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Battlestar, Stargate, and ...... the office. Jim from the office joins the dark side and then meets up with Captain Kirk...

2 years later
    #4244 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They didn't need to have the 2 women kiss at the end...especially since, they never hinted at a relationship between them at all. In all of Star Wars...Phantom Menace has 0 kissing. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith have Anakin and Padme. Star Wars has none. Empire Luke/Leia & Han/Leia. Jedi has Han & Leia. Force Awakens and Last Jedi have none. Before anyone jumps down my throat as being anti-gay...if Star Wars were meant for only adults, I wouldn't care. It's designed for children.

A.) Why does it matter if two women kiss in a kids movie? ever think that maybe some kids have gay parents and see them kiss just like hetero couples? If anything depicting gay relationships in movies and tv just helps normalize it.
    B.) Didn't luke kiss/make out with his sister? I feel like it would be harder for me to explain that to my kids over two adult women kissing.. Just saying

grosss (resized).jpggrosss (resized).jpg
    #4263 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It is a kids movie.

This, this right here is why I think we are seeing the demise of the series. I'm no longer going to argue about the random lesbian make out scene, instead I want to talk about the Disney-afication of Star Wars and how they have made the movies "cute". Star wars was never and should never be a "kids move", pg13 sure, but it shouldn't be for 5 year olds. you want to show you kid the movie cool, I don't care what you do, but don't change the movie to adhere to booger eating kids. Case and point are all the cute animals they have added, the cutesy rehashing we saw in the first Disney disaster. I get parents want to share something they loved as a kid and that's awesome, but when directors pander to that we get the turd that we just witnessed.

#4265 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This new trilogy has no cohesive story to it. blockquote>

100% agree, I wouldn't even call this a trilogy but more of a slop bucket of rehashing, cute animals, vague and confusing story lines. The only good to come out of Disney's ownership was the Mandalorian and Rogue one. Hopefully next time Disney decides to make a new trilogy they might want to see the full story board beforehand

1 week later
    #4396 4 years ago

Best quote about this movie so far ""rise of skywalker was basically setup to fail before it was even written. like a runner starting a race with two broken legs"

1 week later
    #4429 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I thought you guys liked all the PC bullshit.

The deeper route of all of our hatred stems from the fact that the movie lacked a coherent storyline. It was too busy stroking its own ego and heavily relied on nostalgia instead of actually telling a story. If you haven't seen the review from the Critical drinker I suggest you do as he elegantly described how we are all feeling in the last 10 minutes of his two part rant.

#4432 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So,TLJ sucked. What do you think of ROS? I actually liked it .

ROS was a giant turd.. Just glad the "trilogy" is over so we can move on.

#4435 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Well duh, they all sucked though. The original 3 just sucked less. When they came out most of us were very young if we existed. We were amazed and in awe. Take a look at it now and they are terrible movies. I think most of us see them knowing this but they are part of our childhood. I wont even talk about the second 3 because the were on par with Star Trek Nemesis.

So your saying the original trilogy sucked, it just didn't suck as bad as the new ones?

#4440 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Yep, bad story line, plot holes, bad acting, bad lines, it was what it was. Why is there a pit in every movie that someone falls into. Why does every deathstar have a hidden weakness? Why did the fleet of ships in ROS have a hidden weakness? I liked them because I like Sci Fi and fantacy but they were still bad. I personally wish there were more Chris Pine Star Trek movies. They were much better in my opinion.

I don't know really where to begin, so I'm just going with the agree to disagree cliché. The Star Trek V Star Wars argument is almost as divisive and unwinnable as debating which religion is "better". What it comes down to is how the movie made you feel, and honestly star wars means a lot to me because of how it made me feel watching it for the first time and the 20th.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fisherdaman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=fisherdaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.