Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,232 posts - Hot topic!
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billysastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2130 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They know how to film exciting action sequences.

This I agree with.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They are great storytellers. They develop complex characters & compelling dialog, and include shocking narrative twists.

This I don't. Ever since GOT got ahead of the books, the storytelling has been a bit off the rails. Also, they didn't create the characters, G.R.R. Martin did. The characters that they did create were crap. Like Olly, Brother Ray, Locke, and others that I can't think of now.

5 months later
    #2717 5 years ago

Alright, you guys talked me in to watching those Clone Wars cartoons.

Netflix has a CW movie too, do I watch that before or after the series?

3 months later
    #3133 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw Captain Marvel, it wasn’t a bad movie...far far far better than TLJ.
    I did feel Captain Marvel was over powered. I prefer to see adversity and hero’s having to conquer some kind of defect and that wasn’t really present in this movie. I also like movies with good and clever villains that are themselves deep, that was lacking in CM. I also did not care for the lead actress.
    Nevertheless, the sound track was great. The special effects of course were great. The humor was good. I love movies set in the 90’s. Was it the best marvel movie? No it was not, but it was better than Iron Man 3, Thor 2, or Ant Man.

I saw CM last night too and thought it was awful. I slept off and on through it as I just couldn't get in to it. Boring start, boring characters (except Fury), boring story, and bad acting. I woke up at the end when she was going to fight Jude Law and all she did was shoot him, fight over. Unbelievably lame. I sure hope CM doesn't ruin Endgame. I'm probably building myself up for a letdown with that movie.

I've fallen asleep at movies before, but never a Marvel or SW movie. I'll watch every Marvel movie twice before I ever watch CM again.

I will put CM over TLJ just because it didn't ruin a franchise the way TLJ did, but I'll watch TLJ again long before I watch CM again.

3 weeks later
    #3186 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Hopefully Black Widow can get a solo movie before the old guard is replaced.

There's a BW movie in the works for 2020 or 2021, I can't remember which.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Silly name! I really hope they’ve got a guy named “Will” in it ...

No shit, makes "Attack of the Clones" look good.

1 week later
    #3242 5 years ago

Some idiot in Wisconsin watched Captain Marvel 116 times. Suicide is a better option than that.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/19/715053876/wisconsin-man-breaks-record-by-watching-captain-marvel-116-times

1 week later
    #3283 4 years ago

*SPOILERS* is in the thread title so I'd say it's free game.

2 months later
    #3381 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Marvel announced their plans for phase 4.
    Thoughts?
    Me? Ugh.....

I'm with you. I'm just over the whole MCU thing. I was all over it for years, but after Captain Marvel and Endgame, I just don't care anymore. Those two movies have killed the excitement for me. Same with Solo and TLJ for me and Star Wars.

2 months later
    #3612 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Spidey has a better butt

Looks like Flanders.
    Tapped_Out_Stupid_Sexy_Flanders (resized).pngTapped_Out_Stupid_Sexy_Flanders (resized).png

4 weeks later
    #3684 4 years ago

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/amp/

What a couple of hacks. First they fubar GOT season 8 so they can move on to SW, now they're quitting. I could go the rest of my life without seeing these two idiots names again.

1 month later
    #3881 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I was considering subscribing to Disney to watch the Mandolorian. I’m starting to think maybe it’s not worth it. Is there a reddit channel or someplace I can watch it online?

There's plenty of websites to watch whatever show you want online. You just need to dig and find the best one for you.

2 months later
    #4622 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So they already have mandalorian, falcon & Winter, vision show...what was the 3rd one they announced at SB?

Loki

6 months later
    #4894 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Oh by the way, he's also responsible for the most hated Breaking Bad episode....it's hard to fuck up Breaking Ba

He also directed, Ozymandias, probably the best BB episode.

1 week later
    #4927 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Which one? I bailed out after the second reboot, but I’d check back in for a bit to see some more Keaton.

SM Homecoming

3 weeks later
    #5002 3 years ago

One per week for season one.

4 months later
    4 months later
    #5270 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Anyone watched Loki? it's quite good, the production design is top notch and the story is well written, at least the first episode.

It's not bad. I fell asleep during episode two though. Too much time travel explanation crap, resetting the timeline.

#5282 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Loki is Marvels best TV show by far.

Uh oh, Loki better look out, the homophobe Karen's want to cancel him.

4 months later
    #5354 2 years ago

Definite regift material.

2 weeks later
    #5373 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Not a Cap fan but Winter Soldier is a bit of a political thriller, definite change of tone and worth watching.

I think he meant the "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" show. That show was a big letdown for me. I'm not sure how a highly trained assassin super soldier can get beat by a normal human, but that show somehow pulled it off.

1 month later
    #5437 2 years ago

Tuskens: Here comes the train! Take the bantha and stand up on the ridge so they have a clear shot at you. Snipers, don't shoot until they've taken out half our tribe.

Otherwise decent episode. I'm looking forward to the showdown with the Hurts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billysastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=billysastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.