Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,232 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trogdor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2823 5 years ago

Dr. Strange was decent. I don’t get these big movies not being able to find American actors. Cumberbatch is a great actor, but it is nails on a chalkboard listening to his “American” accent. It seems there is one American accent teacher in Britain, and they all sound like a New Yorker who moved to Canada.

Can’t wait for Will Ferrell to take on Sherlock Holmes! Right back at ya UK!

1 year later
    #4163 4 years ago

So basically- JJ copies Star Wars for Force Awakens, and then ROJ for TROS. Is it out of respect? He also copies some parts from Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Goonies so maybe he can’t help it. Matching the Death Star ruin with the knife on a coastline- right out of goonies. How did Rey know where to stand?

It wasn’t horrible. But as bad as the prequels were, RofSith tied everything together and at least connected with old fans. I didn’t get that here. It was the first Star Wars movie I’ve seen in the first week, where nobody cheered when the music started and the big Star Wars rolls up the screen. Nobody really cheered after. Rian Johnson did get a good boo when he introduced Knives Out in the trailers. Characters dying and then not being dead severely hamper this movie. What were they thinking? I do think C3PO was actually a metaphorical reference to the fans- just wipe your memories of all the crap Star Wars movies and remember why you ever enjoyed Star Wars. It actually fits because by the time his memory is restored, the movie goes off the rails.

#4173 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Thanks for educating me on this, I did not know children should never see two women kissing. What do you suppose could happen to the kids if they witness something like that? Could they become gay?

You do realize our current science concludes it is environmental stimuli that determine human sexuality? Epigenetic vs. genetic. It could be watching a movie with chics making out. Probably isn’t, but I’ll wait for science before I educate others.

3 weeks later
    #4470 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck it's been a 1.5 years since I've been in this thread, and I've got some bad news for everyone; I just saw the new ROS and it wasn't that good.
    But seriously, I think somehow this fucking thing may be worse than the last jedi which can;t be true becasue that was the worst movie I've ever seen.

EDIT: And hiding Rose Tycho

Valid points but go watch TLJ again..if you dare. It isn’t even close- TLJ is flying a ship at lightspeed into a brain bad..

#4530 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The key to the "Marvel Method" is that you need a visionary leader at the top to manage the stories & the overall project.
    When you do it right you make the fans happy, get great movies & make billions like Marvel.
    When you do it wrong, have idiots running things & no overall vision, you get the messy trainwreck that is DC's movie Universe.
    When you do it with an agenda driving the creativity over a well written story, you get the Rey Star Wars Trilogy.

Marvel method made great movies?? You had me going there. Plenty of agendas in Marvel...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trogdor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=Trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.