Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,192 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png
    c70f2c8a4c529e76 (resized).png
    heather-michele-orourke_214479_5_full (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

286 posts in this topic match your search for posts by TheLaw. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #818 6 years ago

haha wow...wow. I was amazed at how much I liked Force Awakens; but this one felt like you had to purposely try to a make a movie that bad.

EDIT: I'll give them this much, they give you a SHITLOAD of "Star Warsy" stuff; It's packed with it.

#821 6 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

My biggest problems with the movie:

How anyone's list cannot involve Leia pulling a Hulk Hogan in space is beyond me. That was the single worst moment in SW history bar non. Worse than Jar Jar, worse than "NOOOO!," worse than speeches aboot sand, worse than the blind guy in Rebel one.

#852 6 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I don't hear any(?) actual criticism of the "directing" on this film, it seemed competently made. The complaining has had to do with the writing.

Oh I am for sure. That fight scene with Rey & Solo vs. the dumb red guards was atrocious; I thought I was watching Kung-Fu Theatre.
    And the editing was equally bad. The whole long distance force phone was handled very ham fistedly (sic)

EDIT: Back to the directing the overall tone just felt bad right out of the gate and didn't get any better.
    I was pumped to start after the credits and then Fishers Daughter starts out the movie with some of the worst acting I've ever scene followed directly by General Hux, fine in the TFA but apparently been studying acting by watching Fletch in the interim, in a horribly awkward really bad tit for tat with Poe (hey why does everyone like this guy so much) Dameron

#855 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

The director wrote it as well, correct?

Yup.
    Sure it's been questioned but i have no idea what level of involvement/pressure/rules The SW people crack down on directors. I know it Marvel it's utterly smothering and you don;t have a ton of say in how things evolve. Athough...

"Expectations are high for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and it appears Disney and Lucasfilm are happy with the way the film turned out: today, Disney announced that its director, Rian Johnson, will be launching an entirely new trilogy in the Star Wars franchise."

So seems everyones happy with each other?

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I think the Poe actor over acts and is hard to believe what he's portraying.

Which leads to script & directing. General Hux & Poe are fine actors in other things and were good in TFA, but not well done here. Poe's biggest issue was he was just a total frikking spaz. Like watching Dick Richie act in True Romance

#859 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Well, for them, the important thing has happened. It's making money. When the snoke, er, smoke clears, probably around 2 billion!

Yeah and again it had some awesome ass parts, but that's cause there are 10,000 SW ideas thrown at a wall.
    One big issue for me was the return to the prequels feel. TFA wiped away all that filthy feeling which is why it was so good.
    Now here we are at the Monte Carlo gambling scene?!? Are we sure Lucas didn't sneak in and direct some of this?

Quoted from fishbone:

It happened with the prequels also.

It happened with the originals too...are people acting like Lucas wrote all 3 at once?

And i swear hollywood, Andy Serkis isn;t the only guy that can pull off what you're looking for. Snoke with his rock star PJs...uff.

#866 6 years ago

Man having to watch Carrie Fisher that much was brutal...what a disaster she was.

#897 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Also, anyone else thinks Benicio was channeling "Fencer" from The Usual Suspects?

I was still trying to figure out if the red lapel guy in the crasino was Rob Lowe at that point.

#912 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what I dont' get from ep 7, is how did lukes fathers lightsaber even get back into anyones possession?

Don't worry I'm sure they'll make a movie constructed completely around filling that plot hole and blow it

#937 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

All the issues during production are already well documented. The firing of the directors. The reshooting of up to 80% of the movie. An unworkable tonally-incorrect script? The dialog coach hired to help Alden Ehrenreich with all his scenes? I guarantee Disney would love to scuttle the whole project, about a story (Han meets Chewie) that honestly did not need to be told.

Well it worked fine with Rogue One.

J/K that thing was a mess.

#941 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Rogue One had some reshoots to fix the pacing & climax of the film.

OK well did they ever fix it? Becasue the climax of the film was just as bad as this shit sandwich

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Not because the script was misguided comedic romp like Solo,....

See Solo being a funny guy movie makes sense, cause that's his Schick at least. Why everyone in this movie was a comedian was beyond me.

#943 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I bet a brilliant tactician like Ackbar ...

OK man I think you may be in too deep here

#945 6 years ago

Why Is Snoke a computer character?
    Why does Phasma still have a job? I mean in the movie and in real life? Such a nothing character.
    Talk aboot a nothing character; poor Finn. Charatcer was jack shit in this one.
    I hate the fanboy shit they have introduced. First it was blindy blowing the force in Rogue #2 shits and now it's Rose Tico

#947 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess that means our lactating mutated manatee friend that gives sweet, sweet green milk is safe!

What are you talking ab...ohh no....seriously? That wasn't Carrie Fisher in the milking scene? OK the movie makes a little more sense now.

#949 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ick...that's his sister.

Series is so much better with incest.

#957 6 years ago

Had a buddy say he enjoyed it more the second time as well.
    Let's make one thing clear, even with Laura Dern, this thing was WAY better than the prequels

#964 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I know a lot of people didn't dig Laura Dern's hair, but I was thrown off by the fact that she was commanding an armada in a ball gown. If second-in-command types were supposed to be in formal wear, where was Poe's tux?

It wasn't the hair since there are aliens around. It wasn't the ball gown because they've had ball gowns in the past. Just didn't fit. Plus the story around her was so dumb it didn't help

A lot of it is age. People that think the prequels are acceptable are usually younger and grew up with them, or watched them with their kids and enjoyed them that way

. Or are drug addicts.

#969 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Sound better than the complete crap writing we've gotten so far with this new trilogy? Yeah I thought so. This stuff practically writes itself.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a spinoff. Also sounds like nothing Lucas would have done.

#971 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Two movies in & still have no clue what they are.

Agreed. Look I was depressed when Ren smashed his helmet form the get go...that voice was cool.

#975 6 years ago
    Quoted from John1210:

After a 2nd viewing I'll have to agree to disagree with you here. In particular revenge of the sith is a significantly better SW movie.

Fair enough, Its personal pref . but The movie that brought us NOOOOOOOOOO, "I have the high ground," dying of a broken heart, a robot with lung cancer, Palpatine s No no no no etc... Not exactly a high water mark.

#980 6 years ago

Yeah whatever man. The fact the prequels 'make sense' doesn't make everything else horrible aboot them disappear. Lazy writing vs Lucas writing... Look nobody is coming out smelling like roses here.

#982 6 years ago

Cared about anakin , padma, Jimmy Smitts, Mace windu? 100,0000,000000 clones, twice as many droids, the younglings, the Senate... Wtf are you talking aboot?

#987 6 years ago

more invested in those characters than anything in TLJ
    do you like kylo rens struggle between light/dark more than anakins?

Agree to disagree on the first point.

I actually like Kylo's better. But other than perfectly flossing the whinny & entitled millennial attitude so well, he doesn't have much to go against.
    Anakin in 2 & 3 (jesus whom would have thought the kid in #1 would be better) is possibly the worst character portrayal of a main character all time. There is not 1 believable line/action at any point in the movies. It's so bad and laughable it's C-movie type stuff.

if people are saying to look past all the BS in TLJ, then they should be able to look past the BS in 1 2 3 lol.

Hey man that's 3 movies full of garbage against 1, no fair!

#990 6 years ago

lol ill give ya that

We'll pick this point up after the next movie

After I see it on Redbox

#993 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

For me, Rogue One is the worst SW film. (and it's hard to imagine how much worse it was before reshoots)

Thank you. I like Gareth Edwards previous work so i always figured the "re shoots" actually made it worse...but that's probably wishful thinking.

#996 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

really? mace? He is a good character? Really indepth written character?

"You you believe it to be this boy?"

*nightmares*

#998 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Describe Mace Windu as to a person who has never seen star wars.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Easy. Threshold Guardian style characte in the form of a warrior priest.

Yeah that should go over well

#1000 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so you are saying he's about as in depth as the emperors royal guards? Because both were about as useful.

Mace Windu is such a complex character anyone speaking of him immediately changes the subject to Qui Gon Jinn

#1005 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I didn't see him guardian for anything or anyone. He was more like a bouncer at a bar, that decides if you can get in or not.

Jedi's are the cops and Mace Windu is the shitty luitentant. Not the loud one that you enjoy in cop comedies, but the shitty one that does nothing.

#1010 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

He’s the guy with the purple lightsaber that has “bad mother fucker” engraved on it.

This and more interesting facts aboot characters are not in the movie.

#1013 6 years ago

so which characters in the last jedi have great character development?

Snoke I think had a good arc in his back sitting on his throne in his jammies.

#1018 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I didn’t much care for Rogue One myself, but Vader wreaking havoc on Leia’s ship in the last five minutes was worth the price of admission.

Oh man it was so great. Of course didn't with anything else but whatever.

#1020 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

...because of a nicely laid out storyline pieces.

And once again benefited by George Lucas not being able to do too much by putting him in New Hope.

#1038 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Discuss....

"With $1.04 billion worldwide, Walt Disney's sci-fi actioner is now the third-biggest grosser worldwide of 2017, behind Beauty and the Beast ($1.26 billion) and Fate of the Furious ($1.23b). But it's only a matter of time, and the only question will be if it ends up closer to Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4b) or Jurassic World ($1.6b). But remember, $1.448b would be a 30% drop from The Force Awakens ($2.068b), which again would be par for the course for Star Wars sequels."

"The film opens in China this Friday, the last major marketplace in which it hasn't played, and frankly, it's a coin toss as to how it will do there. The Force Awakens flamed out ($125 million from a $33m opening day) and Rogue One barely topped $69m. I'd argue that Star Wars just isn't as big of a deal in China as it is in North America. But who is to say that its rebuttal of western-centric "triumph of the individual" mythology won't be appealing? It doesn't need China, but I'll still be interested to see how it plays out."

I don't know how much China matters. I've read the numbers are always sketchy anyway because Amercian companies don;t get the same cut as other countries.

#1047 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

"Wait! Luke is doing this for a reason.......He's giving us time to escape!!!!"

God Poe is SO BAD. I'd take 2 roses instead of Poe.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

His insuborination led to the death of his fellow pilots, the loss of an entire bomber division, he stages a failed mutiny,....

Well you might not have liked that but you know whom did? The 2 top ranking leaders of the Rebellion.
    This Poe...what a guy eh? Yeah his spunk is awesome!

#1050 6 years ago

Yes I know all the tie in stuff but star wars just isn't popular in China.

#1052 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

But it certainly could be popular there. It just needs to improve its content.

Now you're equating a "good product" with box office numbers? If only it were up to the quality level of the Transformers movies which make bank there

#1064 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

I hope the next film is just 100% Space Ghosts.

z (resized).pngz (resized).png

#1067 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Force users can push and pull things with the force. This is nothing new. So I don't get the hate? Is it the way it was filmed, or the act of pulling her way back to the ship?

Because she isn't a "force user."

But more than anything it was SO badly done; Just looked so horrible.

#1073 6 years ago

Well yeah it's pretty well stated/shown that Luke left his training early and gets his dick knocked in the dirt by Vader. The only reason he wasn't sliced into quarters was they were trying to turn him to the sexy side. By ROTJ time, don;t know if it's stated but it's made to look like a good amount of time, his whole demeanor is changed and he's all grow'd up.

Quoted from Pimp77:

I dislike the protagonist so much that I actually want the dark side to win to wrap up this trilogy.

I'm almost a lifer routing for the Empire. I actually routed for no-one in the prequels since Maul was a bad ass but thrown away and the only bad guy is the empo...senator palpatine No no no no

#1082 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

back to help out 20 years later.

With the force!

#1087 6 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Only things I didn't care for .... and the shiny stormtrooper appearance seemed forced into an already packed plot.

Hey remember my shiny ass?
    No...none of us did or care at all. Completely pointless.

#1091 6 years ago

For the record

ballgowns (resized).pngballgowns (resized).png

#1094 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Wrong. It was established in Return of the Jedi that Leia is strong with the force. Yoda referred to her as another hope. Luke also said that she would eventually learn to use the force as he did. So therefore is it reasonable to assume that over 30 years, she leaned how to use the force to move objects (including herself in the fashion Shen did). She is therefore by definition a force user.

That's great if this where the first in the trilogy, but it isn't and they didn't hint to anything in the first one. And fine, they don;t have to tell me every little thing but the main reason this movie isn't great is the 2 totally diff'rent directions by 2 directors.

JJ Abrams on Laea not using the force at all...TFA

"It was a great question, and one that we talked about quite a bit, even with Carrie [Fisher]…Why did she not take advantage of this natural Force strength that this character had. And one of the answers was that it was simply a choice that she made, that her decision to run the Rebellion, and ultimately this Resistance, and consider herself a General, as opposed to a Jedi. It was simply a choice that she took."

#1100 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair enough, although you could imagine Madeline Albright wearing that getup,...Regardless, Laura Dern's slinky evening wear number was several more steps removed from professional garb.

If you got it flaunt it baby!

Quoted from Pimp77:

It’s not that she is strong in the force...it’s because she’s blown into f@&$ing space without any spacesuit and isn’t dead.

Oh: and Admiral Ackbar is unceremoniously killed and forgotten. WTF???

1. Too True
    2. Akbar is just a cog in the machine. He got his face time in ROTJ and that's all that was needed.

#1103 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Even the director Rian Johnson is staring to flee and has stated JJ Abrams can reverse changes he made.
    Whats Abrams going to do?

Well we all knew that was coming cause JJ was making the next one.

Slingshot was funny, but he'll frikken bring back Phasma for sure, he'll 100000% bring back Luke because he's pissed as a lot of the viewers and hammil's the way they can win them back. Jesus what else...explain the Princess Poppins thing ASAP, not be so racist aboot Finn hopefully...can;t think of anything else of the top but man he's gonna do a lot.
    EDIT: Oh Rey's parents being nobody was a lie

#1126 6 years ago

I don't know anyone that thought it was going to end up good from the original idea. Almost impossible to please people recasting a super iconic character like Han.

#1131 6 years ago

you assume Disney cares about it being a good movie.

You don;t need the Black Knight here to tell you this is not true

Clearly they dont mind shitting on the franchise

You also have to realize they may be trying to skew the direction of everything to the younger kids and not old jaded SW folks.
    That's always what I think they are up @ Disney.

#1136 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

As one reviewer pointed out Disney planned on the Star Wars franchise crapping out golden eggs for years and years..

By the looks of it the eggs are still worth 1 billion per movie.

#1139 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This is a false number people ....

Current domestic take is $574,483,043, for the sake of argument Disney's cut is $287,241,521 or 50%

So right now we're at the same place Avengers 2 settled with; is it a bomb? A flop? Or are the more false numbers I'm missing?

Or the same numbers as CA: Civil War.

EDIT: Maybe they were bombs but I've never heard any of that.

#1142 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This doesn't count how much money is allocated per SW movie towards paying off the 4 billion that was given to Lucas.

This is irrelevant; Disney's just fine in the books department. They can settle a tab if needed.

#1144 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Depends on how much was spent on making the film and marketing is the ultimate question not to mention studio expectations.

Put it in Joe 6 pack terms- If my paycheck gross is $1000 a week but taxes, alimony and child support takes $900 I'm in pretty tough shape holding $100.

Are you implying that the marvel movies I've mentioned spent a considerable amount less in advertising? Man that would be hard to believe...shit is everywhere.

The problem with Joe Six pack is he doens't have a toy line, lunch box line, my kids jammies line...and he sure as shit doesn't sell DVDs.

#1147 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Thank you for reminding me I forgot about that- Disney is also coughing up upwards of a billion dollars if not more for Galaxies Edge Star Wars attraction.

I think you have a very narrow view on this. Here, let me find you some more Disney Monies

From TFA article
    https://theconversation.com/how-disney-will-make-us-5-billion-from-star-wars-7-merchandise-47506

"These figures, however, do not even factor in the total US$5 billion in merchandise sales expected in 2016. And it’s the success on this front that ensure Star Wars will endure in our thoughts and imaginations."

Hey let's say TFA bombed too (it didn't) and they only made 3 Billion on toys. There's you Star Wars Attraction.

#1151 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

No I'm stating quoting the gross without taking the costs into account is like looking at your paycheck and ignoring deductions.

One article I'm reading in the New York Times states on the Force Awakens alone the contractual fees and residuals to film participants is a cool 250 million dollars. That is on par with the production costs of the movie itself!

I understand that, but YOU are also ignoring a bunch of revenue coming in.

No doubt...My point it is is clearing 1 Billion and probably 1.4, aint the worst thing in the world & my guess (!) is by the end it will pay for itself many times over. I understand everyone is crying now and they say they wont see the next one but most of them will. And if they don;t kids will...kids are the cash flow not angry pinheads!

EDIT: too true on ESPN...man I remember watching it religiously before and i can;t stand it now besides maybe 3 shows & one of those if football.

#1154 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

If the movie fails, so will the downstream revenue products. Who wants to buy loser toys?

Nothing like it was for our toys no doubt, but they are still SW toys. You have to think less "Leae with Force Grip" and more "Star Wars Legos."

#1158 6 years ago

Frikkin Tripod really? Man I bet the move over from Geocities was a doozey

#1166 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Then again you don't have to look too far to see how Disney feels about TLJ than RJ being shown the door and old bland Mr. Lens Flash brought back for Ep 9 to do damage control.

Yeah man they rewarded him with his own trilogy. But again whatever...they can shitcan him anytime which is standard these days.

#1168 6 years ago

Whom knows....we live in a world where they make new Fantastic 4 movies...anything is possible

#1170 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

That last FF movie SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKED.

Man you must be a fan if you actually watched it. What a shit show from beginning to end production wise. Han Solo is almost getting as bad as this was

#1196 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Technically he has moved movie making forward visually but Avatar was a heavy handed poop show story wise.

Avatar is a complete and utter piece of shit from the first frame forward. The ONLY thing it had going for it was Stephen Lang.

#1199 6 years ago

I like the avatar pinball machine more than any of the star wars pinball machines

Well obviously Avatar didn;t hurt your but so much so I understand.

#1208 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You need to shop around, you're overpaying for everything.

Just what I was thinking...man I'd be pissed if my SW cost 8K too.

#1217 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I get that you feel they've destroyed the franchise because "SJW" or whatever

Ding Ding.

Man that Chinese market shit has to stop. As I posted long ago China don't do SW and they never have. Sequels don't do as well so they already knew it wasn;t going to give them the tiny bit they got for TFA, so what little amount isn't really worth talking aboot. And as I also mentioned before the take home from China isn;t as big as other places so that small number is even smaller.

EDIT: So far it's done 100mil less in China. What do they get from that 20-30 -40%? Not the end of the world.

#1224 6 years ago

Yes and TFA did 128ish making it 100 million less...like I just said

#1228 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree TLJ made a bunch of money, but the damage done to the franchise is almost impossible for Disney to recover from. When you have a movie that alienates your fan base it is felt on future movie releases.

Haha Over dramatic much?

#1235 6 years ago

I think the biggest take away for me, and others I have spoken to who didn't like it much, is that we don't give a f what happens in the next episode.
    Will be interesting to see how the numbers play out in the future.
    This will definitely be the first one i don't purchase.

I will be very interested myself. There s gonna be a bunch of damage control by JJ before would be my guess and once everyone is promised to make things better most people will be back in the theatre.
    Are you not counting Solo movie as a SW moving you won't be seeing?

#1244 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

But if Disney feels they've left a bunch of money on the table by pissing off graying space nerds, ....

Well I think what I've learned is that is an over simplification of things. Every male person I know around my age, 38-46 let's say, hates the Prequels. I literally am close friends with NOT ONE person that thinks they are anything more than a comedy watch because of how bad they are. But a lot of people here, I would presume many older, think they are acceptable and better than these last 2 which is very interesting.

It's pretty mixed on R1, most people loved TFA, and I think only 1 person really dug TLJ but he usually goes on a bunch of ketamine and shit so that data is sketchy.

There's all kinds out there.

I'll go check out the next one probably but I'll have more free time by then. Don;t have any plans on seeing Solo but I'll wait till the trailer. But I haven't been interested in a Ron Hoard movie in 15+ years.

#1257 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

To do damage control they have to first admit they made some mistakes here or there...

Yes maybe I'm using the wrong term. I don;t mean like an actual institutional apology and admist that it was the disaster it was, but more of just really focusing on this one being more like TFA. I feel liek whilst they may be in complete denial, JJ just has to be so goddamn pissed.

#1259 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't know how pissed JJ is --...

Fair point. Look obviously he ins't going to say he's pissed but yeah maybe he likes everything in it? It's just weird becasue it's all the opposite of what he did. Maybe when you're getting paid so much whom gives a shit and we can just do whatever they want and laugh all the way to the bank.

Quoted from fosaisu:

does he have the balls to do yet another Death Star?

#1281 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I can't even fathom how people have high expectations about anything Star Wars related after Episode 1. It was painfully clear after that disaster that the Star Wars we all knew and loved was dead. Episode 2 was just, so, so bad. Episode 3 almost fooled me by being "dark" but over time I realized it was just pandering.

you gotta be careful around here with anti Prequel talk! Pinside has the highest (only?) percentage of adult males that thought those things were awesome. It's kind of like how most non South American Iron Maiden fans are here too.

#1289 6 years ago

Ha! That's a good one.

#1295 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So many people mistake Star Wars for Science Fiction instead of fantasy,...

Oh lord not that old chesnut? That's the what we used to say to each other in high school; not late breaking news.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you forgotten the midichlorians?!? Worst idea ever.

As an idea; completely the worst. NOOOOOO almost surpassed it but Force Poppins holds the crown.

#1318 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

God damn these "female director rumors" just make me cringe.

Wow man, I'm no SJW but that's really amazingly ignorant.
    What exactly are you afraid she'll do that hasvn't been done already by a man like Rain?

#1321 6 years ago

I didn;t know his name was "Rian" until recently because I had never seen it spelled that way. The guy just maid (!) a complete piece of shit movie...I don't understand how it is assumed it would be worse with a chica.

#1323 6 years ago

Ah Rainn is Dwight Schrute

#1325 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Ridley Scott on the idea of the rookie SW directors and him directing a SW movie:...When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?...
    Grow into it, little by little. Start low-budget, get a little bit bigger, maybe after $20 million, you can go to $80. But don’t suddenly go to $160.

Jeez he is old. Not the way the industry works now.

#1330 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm excited for Jumanji, though I haven't seen it yet. The Rock has some drawing power.

It's really going to be tested for the Rampage movie. Just started seeing trailers...so weird.

2 weeks later
    #1391 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Who wants to bet that Rian Johnson's trilogy is dead in the water & he quietly moves onto other projects within 6 months?

I do.

#1403 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

And a series of TV shows.
    Interesting to witness in a way, a company destroying a franchise in real time.
    Rather than go slow and turn out a quality product (Think what Pixar was at one time) they are going to shotgun the market with as much as possible.
    People will just get sick of being bombarded with sub-par product and stop going.

Once again yiu can blame them, worked with Marvel.

#1409 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The problem with the Marvel movies is they feel like there are no stakes. None of the good guys die. They don’t even get injured.

And even if they do, like Quicksilver in Avengers 2, don't worry the other better non Russian Quicksilver is still alive in the other movies.

There are good ones of course liek Avengers 1, Logan was pretty good...but just rinse & repeat. I finally got bored enough to watch Deadpool and it was 100% exactly what I thought it would be.

#1413 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

"sub-par product"
    Clearly the Marvel studio ISN'T turning out sub-par stuff.

Sure I guess if you say so. They seem to be turning out some hot garbage but also some good things. When SW gets up to 10 releases a year let's see what happens. Might have it worked out by then.

3 weeks later
    #1449 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What was in it for them to fawn over the movie so irresponsibly like they did?

Why does anyone do it? I just (barely) made it through Wonder Woman which is maybe the worst Super Hero movie I've seen since Daredevil; and it's sitting at 98% fresh. Literally, and I don't say this lightly, Suicide Squad was better.

Half way through I was hoping league of Extraordinary Gentlemen was on another channel.

#1456 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The movie that ended Sean Connery's acting career!

Oh I know, hopefully it will do the same for Chris Pine.

#1462 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I don't have the book but I know of it, Watchmen is probably the most underrated comic and movie out there...

The movie was not well loved (I think it may be the best SH movie) but I think the Comic isn't underrated at all and usually accepted as a top Comic Strip. (?)

#1464 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The Watchmen movie was interesting, it was almost a literal, shot-for-shot (or shot-for-panel, I guess) version of the comic book brought to life. As a fan that's what I would always say I want when a book I love is translated to film, but it doesn't always work in practice. That said, it's great source material and a great cast. I should watch it again ...

See I'm on the other end where I don't know the strip at all, so the movie was the same (almost) and as good as when you read the comic.
    It's probably the only lasting thing Snyder will make and even to this day the ramp effects don't totally ruin it. I think along with Dark Knight it's the only movie like that I constantly get sucked into watching when I run past it. And story wise it's well above TDK which is basically just Heath Ledger.

#1476 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Story was awful, and she’s a lousy actress IMO.

Yeah she wasn't very good but whom was in that sack of shit.
    I mean seriously the Stereotype Scotsman, 'Merican Indian, & Moroccan? So bad.

#1478 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The "mods" to the Falcon were just done for sales reasons, so they have a shiny new toy to sell.
    No cash for Disney from my pockets or my family.

Haha...new to toys are you?

#1482 6 years ago

Well now we'll have a new John Favreau SW Series to rag on. I mean I won;t because it will be on Disney streaming service; uff.

Not a fan of the Iron Man series really. First one was fine for the time, 2nd wasted talent, and the 3rd was horrendous.

#1484 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They are going to pound SW down our throats, run it into the ground, and give everyone SW burnout.

I always have to mention the Marvel side of it where it's working just fine. And before we go there, tons of Marvel shit sucks ass. Movies, TV shows, Streaming Shows...it's never ending and people are still slurping it.

Now having said that, I'm more interested in the other shit that has nothing to do with the main arc, because I think a lot of us are over that.

EDIT: Oh and agree the Rian Trilogy is just a horrible idea.

#1490 6 years ago

I want it adult skewed too....like REALLY adult. Yiubjnwknwhat I'm talking aboot... Blue milk squirting everywhere!

1 week later
    #1514 6 years ago

Man that flick looks horrendous

#1522 6 years ago

Trying to think of the last time Spielberg directed anything interesting. Lincoln was probably good but not exactly pump up material.

#1526 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I guess Disney owning literally everything has its upsides, one-stop shopping if you've got $$ to burn on licensing ...

Not if you're spielberger...probably would have got the old buddy discount by George before!

#1531 6 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I enjoyed War Horse.

Alyeska that's Spielberg... I would probably enjoy most of them, but I haven't said "oh awesome a Spielberg movie 8s coming out" in a long as time.

Quoted from kvan99:

The last one I liked was AI. Probably cause he just directed, Kubrick wrote the whole damn thing.

If the point of AI was to really stop caring about everyone in the movie other then Teddy it was a success. god he was great. I wasn't so connected to a robot again until TARS

#1533 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Super 8 was pretty good.

Haha this guys has jokes!

#1537 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's unfortunate. Seems anything with the SW name these days (since 1999) seems to be shit. Hopefully the SW name won't taint this movie as well.

Force awakens was fun as shit.... Although I agree other than that.

#1539 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yea, fun as a pile of shit.

Jesus can you ever just leave JM out of the conversations with me?

#1542 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn’t love the TFA (it was okay), but did think it could potentially be a good lead in episode for a solid trilogy. TLJ hurts TFA’s legacy badly.

In as far as it being apart of a trilogy it does for sure, because of course TLJ was garbage. On its own it was still great, and I'm not worried like you are aboot it's legacy, but certainly kills any chance of watching all 3 with the fam

#1555 6 years ago

Throne room fight scene was budget as shit. This franchise now is obsessed with giving people multiple dumb weapons that look diff'rent for no real reason. Was like a Kung Fu video game in the throne room.

#1571 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

...so what do you expect to happen?

You to keep arguing with no one forever.

#1575 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

And yet here you are.

Here i am agreeing with everyone that this movie was total shit.

#1577 6 years ago
    Quoted from saucerman:

I'm sure you can remove TLJ from viewing in the triology realm and not cause and major plot disruptions between the first and the last.

Ha they'll make a shitty 5 minute catch up to play before the 3rd. "Last time on Star Wars..."

I mean really...please do it

#1585 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

BUT GOD. The part where Rose stops Finn from sacrificing himself for the greater good - still awful. Worst part of movie.

Finn should have died, completing his arc of coward-to-hero. But NO! We need a love (quadrangle?) in next movie, so keep him alive for no reason.

Stop it...nothing is worse than Mary Poppins.

On second viewing did they explain how Rose & Finn got back to the base?

#1620 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

.. in TLJ not sure if she was just phoning it in or the years of drug abuse taking its toll....

Years of drug use and drug use during is my thinking

#1626 5 years ago

Well, doesn't matter to her, she got what she wanted, your $25 for the Blu Ray!

Plus his theatre visit

#1635 5 years ago

Are you upset that Streep is 'Merica's finest actress ever and Carrie Fisher was a fat bloated drug fueled carcus at the end?
    I'd rather they write her part right out of the goddman movie. Whom gives a shit aboot Laeah in anyway since ROTJ?

#1644 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm the day-walker. I dislike both R1 and TLJ.

The problem with this little graph or any explanation of that shit movie is it doesn't explain Forrest Whitaker.
    1. why?
    2. Seriously?
    3. Wait is this really happening?
    4. why?
    5. Wait seriously?
    6. Actually really happening?
    7. WTF
    8. He needs more space pens.

#1651 5 years ago

In more horrible news

'Rogue One' Screenwriter Teases 'Last Starfighter' Project

#1656 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wait... are you on "Team Rogue One Sucks" with me? I thought I was alone!

Quoted from TRAMD:

No, I also did not like Rogue One. But I am an odd one that did like TFA.

TFA - Thumbs up
    R1 - Horrible
    TLJ - Horrible

The only real question is, is R1 worse than TLJ. In a way R1 is much much much worse on every single level. But no one cares because they aren't characters anyone gives a shit aboot so it isn't personal.
    TLJ actually had some sweet crap in it (I don't think R1 had any really great stuff, or if it did I don't remember it), but the lows were some o the lowest things ever put on a movie screen. Mary Poppins makes "Noooooo" look like Kenneth Brannaugh's Hamlet.

EDIT: I mean if I HAD to watch one of them again it would be hard to choose...but I'd probably do TLJ. But then after the beginning comedy monologue I would get pissed and throw in R1.
    EDIT 2: But then after watching the beginning of R1 with ships landing 2 miles away from Death Star dudes house so they can dramatically walk towards is I'd probably throw TLJ back on.

#1669 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

If he had any taste or film acumen he would've used Franco Zeffirelli's Hamlet not Branagh's.

I prefer the full text...and an American as Hamlet just cut it with me. Sure... 4 hours 5 minutes is a it much but it's worth it.

Quoted from kvan99:

He's so wrong he's almost right. As usual.

Ha I like that.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I'm always surprised to hear you guys actually claim to like TFA. That movie blew and was just a crappy retelling of the Original. Sure, it was better than anything put out since 1983, but that's not saying much.

It was a well made fun time which is exactly what the franchise needed after being ruined by Lucas more than anyone thought possible. It's a fun flick... SW actually isn't everyone's entire life so I can enjoy things just to have fun.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I can't tell whether Harrison Ford just lost his acting chops somewhere along the way, or has just stopped caring and is content with phoning it in.

Well theres nothing to wonder aboot... He openly hates all of these projects so I have no idea why he keeps doing shit. Just sit on yiur ranch in Wyoming and leave us alone.

#1680 5 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

No. Obi-wan told Luke Vader killed his father Anakin, which was the truth "from a certain point of view".
    And you're right, we can't take anything at face value because they're making up the "trilogy" as they go. No outline, no plan.
    Even with no plan, a talented writer could make his story work with what was given to them in the previous installment. Rian couldn't do that so we got a mess.

Rey's parents being nobody, which if course is not a fact as the evil man told her that, was actually fantastic. Anytime somone in the SW universe isn't related to everyone or involved in every plot I'm happy.

They also stole not having an outline for the trilogy from the originals

#1685 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The only difference is that Terrible Ted’s music is garbage...

Whoa whoa...lots not get crazy here. He's got some sweet shit...don't deny "Stranglehold"

#1688 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone think their meeting would be any different from that?

Yes.

Quoted from vicjw66:

All his music is garbage.

That hurts!

#1690 5 years ago

Chewie is probably eating porgs at some dive and han saves him from the cholesterol

By the looks of Lando in the trailer, Chewy might be walking the streets of Kashyyyk.

#1704 5 years ago

Trailer for Solo actually gives me a little hope (ha), but of course it's a trailer and that's what they do. After Rogue 1 I'm not surprised if all the footage is left out of the movie.
    The best part is it seems to not be involved with any other SW shiz. They'll probably go a little far down the whole Western aspect but whatever.

#1709 5 years ago

Man why do you want to pull more characters into that POS movie? My god I wish none of the characters I like had to live through it.

#1712 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

.. Lando took a failed swing at Leia, but you can’t blame him...

You can't mostly cause she's a massive raciest.

#1714 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair point, she was also the raciest woman in space.

Ba! She's all talk. Wouldn;t even give Han a solo in halls of Hoth but by the end she's in love with him? Snoooozefest.

#1733 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I had a good time watching it live on opening night with a giant group of friends in a rented out private theater (only the treatment of Luke, the ram, and flying Leia really bothered me in the theater).

Wow you must have rich friends with a lot of coke because that movie sucked ass in the theatre...I mean unless you all were MSTK-ing it the whole time.

Quoted from Underspin:

Episode 3: Almost made up for the trilogy being a train wreck, then Darth Vader went all Frankenstein and yelled "NNNnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!"

You should really watch it again...it's the worst/most insulting prequel.

#1763 5 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

The prequels where a masterpiece compared to TLJ.

Don't let TLJ suckiness blind you from reality....the prequels are horrible. Even if they were "better" than TLJ, which amazingly could be argued either way, it wouldn't make them a masterpiece

#1766 5 years ago

. Disney stole/killed a lot of my life.
    I always was disapponted that Gerorge Lucas refused...

Oh boy.

It's a "Forest for the trees" situation here. I don't blame people for disagreeing with me, but I think this would be WORSE if Lucas had done it; because he sucks. TLJ is horrendous, but Force Awakens was a fine film, and roughly 12X better than any prequel.

#1769 5 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I saw TFA at Easter & was disappointed. Not much going on, most of the flying was on a planet & it didn't have the Star Wars feel. I'll watch TLJ with trepidation.

If you didn't like TFA I wouldn't even watch TLJ... You'll go from disappointment to anger

#1774 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

So much more peaceful when you block those who cannot be reasoned with.

The prequels where a masterpiece compared to TLJ.

Quoted from TRAMD:

I personally really liked both Episode 3 and TFA. ...

Thanks for your donation to Pinside.

3 weeks later
    #1800 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just got around to watching Jedi on blu-ray which shows how low the series has fallen in my eyes...

God i know. Whenever we watch New hope & then Empire I just skip Jedi

#1802 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I mean ‘The last Jedi’, it was bad although the special effects were good.
    Can’t believe how badly they treated Po and was expecting Benito Del Toro to do a triple cross somehow.

Oh yes I didn't know people needed to rewatch this to remember it sucked

Well Po deserves everything he gets casue he's a complete tool...but yes THEY turned him in to the tool in first place.
    I was the same way aboot treating Finn poorly.
    I am happy with the treatment of Admiral Ackbar though...screw that doucher.

#1804 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Star Trek is a much better franchise.

Star Trek WAS the much better until JJ jacked it. New movies are complete garbage
    EDIT: Force Awakens was much better than any of the new STs

#1809 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

In my mind they weren't buying Lucasfilm, they were buying the FANS. So now they can make a half-ass sci-fi film, slap the SW name on and BOOM! Guaranteed smash hit.

Yes...just like the prequels Lucasfilm made.

#1814 5 years ago

Sooo, rouge one happened right before a A New Hope, but they killed off all those characters so who knows if there is any cross over with that.

God I hope not.

well, looks like ...

Yes but we've always known this was going to happen, it's no surprise. They'll get every drop out of every character and theme they can, which is to be expected anfter the billions spent

#1819 5 years ago

You super Star Wars fans are so goddamn tame. Our star trek heroes have been banging alien Chicas for 50 years.

#1823 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Personally I couldn't care less what floats people's boat... Lando was not that type of flamboyant...

Classic.

#1836 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

. The new ST movies are great and I feel they will bring new people to ST. The Force Awakens was OK but it has lost the feel of the original 3 movies. Opinions may vary.

I feel you ZR but I'm not really interested in "how many new people" movies bring in. The SW prequels brought in millions of young pups eager for SW that turned into older idiots that think those movies aren't pure shit.

#1841 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So within 7 years the Falcon went from looking like a brand new showroom, to a grimy dingy mess everywhere? Please. In order for it to be filthy,...

So you're an expert on space grime now?

#1843 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You can tell disney took as much time with the script ...

So now you've read the script?

Look, just say you hate it, you don't need to act like you know what's happening in it to hate it.

#1845 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

...During that timeline, you have crossed about 10 years. Maybe more. During that time. The falcon didn't get dirtier at all. ...

This is not evidence of anything....it's actually pretty piss poor "logic"
    Remember how your car looked for 5 years where it was basically the same? And then in the 5th year you ran into a tree and it looked shittier?
    Maybe....and stay with me here...and 18 year old Han ends up kind of hot dogging his spaceship around and making it dirty.
    Maybe he, I don't know, get's into some adventures or maybe encounters some trouble smuggling for a living and cruising around the Kessel run etc.

The point it, your argument is stupid. Much dumber than saying "this movie looks like shit and LJ was pure shit so no thanks.
    See...that's actually makes sense.

#1847 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

space is not dirty.

Every single thing that ISN'T space is dirty dummy. You have seen the other movies right? Jungles, creatures, laser blasts, smuggling, neing inside a massive worm etc etc

#1849 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

...But, you think every single inch of the interior is going to go from spotless to filthy in 7 years?

Chewbacca farts.

#1852 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The only reason the Falcon is different is to sell toys, has nothing to do with the script or continuity.

So not Disney's fault at all.

#1855 5 years ago

I'd like to see it if I had time but prob won't; It looks like a fun little side mission.

It couldn't possibly be more of a let down than R1.

#1860 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I haven't read this thread but I did see the last Jedi for the first time today. I couldn't tell whether I was watching Star Wars, Star Trek, or Spaceballs. On a positive note; my 5 year old enjoyed it because it had all the characters he enjoys (BB-8, Luke, Yoda, R2D2, BB-9, Chewie, etc...)

That's basically the entire thread. Everyone agrees it was a travesty. The break down after that is whether,
    1. It ruined your childhood
    2. It was ruined by women
    3. Ruined by PC agendas
    4. Ruined by Disney
    5. Any combination of above

Then you can add in whether the prequels were great, if Rogue 1 was the best SW movie ever, and how many years you'll refuse to watch Star Wars material

#1865 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Total opposite of that. Disney wants to sell more toy, they change or add something to an existing property and sell the variant. It's in their (and most licensed properties Disney or not) marketing schemes.

Yes, my point was the fact Lucas invented/blew up /mastered doing shit to sell action figures and way before Disney. Just like he invented making shitty sequels

#1872 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually has nothing to do with any of that.

YOU'RE argument has nothing to do with it, tons of arguments in here do though to which I was referring.

Your argument, is that the movie sucked for some reasons which we all already all agree with so basically...actually I don't know what the shit you're end game is.

#1875 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

And in conclusion ... he's going to Solo opening night.

In some misguided way he's actually summed up my feeling why I would see Solo; because the Star Wars universe is basically the M.I. franchise now.
    It has nothing to do with the original movie, and it's just basic shit happening in front of you whilst you eat popcorn.
    Maybe it was the SJW (for the win), maybe it was that Kennedy chica that ruined it, maybe it was the fact in a franchise full of weird shit Laura Dern's purple hair broke the camel's back...I don't know. But as soon as FA gave me hope (HA), R1 & LJ snatched it away and it's just a franchise of silly movies not to be taken so seriously.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

In fact, i'll go see deadpool again on solo's opening night just to make a statement. Hell, I may do a twofer and see avengers again as well.

Man, way to stick it Disney!

#1878 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Admit it, you just want to see Lando getting it on with a space creature.

That's a given before it could even enter the situation.

#1880 5 years ago

Yup sounds like trouble.
    ‘Solo’ Could Break $139M Stateside Memorial Day Opening Record; Global Conquest Eyes $305M+

#1904 5 years ago

Yeah hoaky I think we all agree Rian just did it to counteract everything that was done in TFA... So Umm... Great job Rian?

#1911 5 years ago

Didn't we already have a movie or 2 with like 4 billion Boba Fetts? Wasn't that interesting... Whole point of the character is he's an unknown.

#1916 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They can do a lot with a Boba Fett movie. Consensus #1 fan favorite character, next to Darth Vader. .

Next to Darth Vader eh... How'd his origin movies turn out?
    And now you've got storyteller actually worse than Lucas... Ouch
    Guys love getting your faves ruined

#1923 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Also from what I read, this ain't no SW movie anyway, it's basically an old fashion heist movie with SW as a background.

nice

Quoted from TheLaw:

Trailer for Solo actually gives me a little hope (ha),...
    The best part is it seems to not be involved with any other SW shiz. They'll probably go a little far down the whole Western aspect but whatever.

#1926 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I never got his popularity...

The most popular characters in Star Wars are usually the ones that speak the least amount of George Lucas script.
    Boba, Chewy, R2. Han bucks the trend though

#1928 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

If they're doing Boba, they have to do Dr. Cornelius, the man is a legend with death sentences in 12 systems

I thought he died in R1 when the entire city exploded with him in it....they probably will make a movie just to explain those 10 minutes

#1934 5 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

But I just don't have any confidence in Disney. They are more than likely going to screw it up and ruin the character for good!

Lucas already tried to bone Boba with with a completely shit backstory....Disney would kick the dirt over his corpse.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

About a 1000 times better than the SJW dumpster fire films we've been getting.

Exactly my point. The movies might have been better, but let's face it, sans Jar Jar & maybe Padma the Darth/Anikin was just butchered to shit & the worst part. That's what this would be...not a trilogy with other shit to distract you. *shudder* just boba figuring out he's actually a warm hearted man/clone and not a bad guy
    Cause Disney and all.

#1965 5 years ago

"‘Solo’ Box Office Disappointment is Wake Up Call for ‘Star Wars’"

Well I goddamn hope so

#1971 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

How come we’re not seeing Marvel fatigue...every PotC....

Those specific examples point more towards foreign markets which do huge numbers compared to SW. Take shit movies like Transformers that still print monies because so much % comes from outside the US.
    Marvel universe rakes in an average of probably 65ish+% non domestic compared to SW maybe 52ish%

EDIT: I mean that's other than the fact that R1 I think was a big letdown, TLJ need not be more discussed here, and there was literally NO good news aboot Solo. For fans like us hearing "main actor needs voice work original directors kicked out" etc does not fill us with any hope (ha), if we had any.

#1973 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If the Star Wars product was better it would do better over seas. Bad product is the problem.

That's why I specifically mentioned Tranformers.

But we already know how we each feel ....over and over

Quoted from TigerLaw:

But it certainly could be popular there. It just needs to improve its content.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Now you're equating a "good product" with box office numbers? If only it were up to the quality level of the Transformers movies which make bank there

#1975 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ha I don't mind if people repeat themselves, I enjoy the discussion

Oh I don't either , hard NOT to repeat in this one, I just meant that we will never agree on that point.

EDIT; There's also the thing of "what is tanking?" Solo tanked, everyone agrees, but why is this a tank and Marvel is not?

Solo made what, 103 US opening? And maybe the point is counting the extra holiday against them? I don't know, anyway, without going too far back with infaltion and all this beats out the openings of
    doctor strange, winter soldier, GOTG 1 (maybe some inflation there but close in numbers), & Ant Man.
    With the exception of Strange maybe (?) all these of course were getting sequels and everything was cool.

#1977 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I haven’t seen Solo but I’m betting it’s better than TLJ but that is not saying too much.

It would be hard not to.

Yeah I was trying to find out Solo budget...looks like maybe 250 but I don't know if that is adding in all the re-jiggering they had to do.

#1992 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's 100% why Rose Tico, the worst SW character ever,... And yes she is worse than JarJar & LE-E7.

Man that's tough. She's goddamn abysmal no one will deny it, but worse than JarJar I can't get on board with. Hard to take this in a vacuum though (unlike the vacuum of space which cannot affect Mary Poppins), like if Rose was in the prequels.
    At this point we've been so beaten down having an all time horrible character isn't as much of a shock to the system.

She's worse than Ep 1 Annikin & Grevious though.

1 week later
    #2051 5 years ago

The Hobbit killed itself by not having a script for 3 movies and just making shit up as they went

#2085 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

PS: The prequels were bad, but I think the Statute of Limitation has run out on them. 12 years is a while in the movie world.

I thought the limitation ran out to until I found out Pinside is the only place that still houses their defenders.

#2098 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Also, if they're reduced to stealing from Temple of Doom then we're in for a real treat

Fun fact TOD is 589% better than TLJ

#2102 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

When did you last watch TOD?

Actually not too long ago and I was shocked how much better it was than I remembered....after the whole wacky opening dance number. I mean it isn;t super great don;t get me wrong, Wee Willie is the fucking worst, but Short Round is good people. And Moleram was a bad ass.

1 year later
    #4469 4 years ago

Fuck it's been a 1.5 years since I've been in this thread, and I've got some bad news for everyone; I just saw the new ROS and it wasn't that good.

But seriously, I think somehow this fucking thing may be worse than the last jedi which can;t be true becasue that was the worst movie I've ever seen.

Holy shit...just no no no...why? So dumb on so many levels but space horses was embaressing (anyone remember Bravestar cartoon from the 80s?), and the single antennae tower; I'd say it the worst goddamn thing ever but it kind of goes in line with Stupid Star Wars shit.

Thank the gods for Babu Frik And the Rocketeer's ass.
    EDIT: And hiding Rose Tycho

#4477 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So whats wrong with banging your hot sister in a galaxy far far away?

And a long time time ago...that shit was cool back then.

#4479 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Easy now, this isn't Game of Thrones.

Don't lump me in with the Generation Z newbs; I was in to incest long before it was cool!

#4498 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Looper but that was a good one too.

Both Rian and Garath Edwards had stellar careers going before they shit the bed with SW; that's what's extra insulting.
    Strange both made a bag of shit but for diff'rent reasons; Edwards they put too many restrictions on him, and Johnson they put zero.

#4513 4 years ago

That's probably the worst shit going on in movies today. "OMG did you know Joe Jonas was the second monkey dicked guy under that mask yippee!!!!"

#4515 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Everyone hates JJ Abrams yet he is not of the most famous directors now days. I don’t get it.

The answer to all you questions, is money.

#4517 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

If they used a better director and made a better movie.

What does that have to do with amount of monies?
    Shit I WISH they had undone anything that happened in TLJ, this seemed much of the same.

#4535 4 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

The new Black Widow movie seems about 10 years too late IMO.

Well something has to compete with the Harley Quinn movie
    Seriously...these movies look like the fucking worst things ever.

#4541 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Going by the trailer it’s going to be good.

I don't know man....that thing looked like hot garbage.
    "From the people that brought you Venom..."
    Ha...makes sense

1 week later
    #4567 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Instead they chose an awkward buddy movie, where little to no existing chemistry between the three leads existed.
    Ugh.

That was killed in the 2nd flick, TFA had it perfectly. More so Finn & Rey which was great, of course they ruined Finn's character in TLJ so that took care of that

#4586 4 years ago

Just waiting for th new movies to go looking for the neatly buried lightsabers from ROS. I mean it wasn;t too obvious or anything.

Hope it's more logical and riveting then the quest for the magic wayfinder things that show the way to the hidden planet for some...fuck never mind.

#4598 4 years ago

the middle 3 movies are the original trilogy fyi
    glad you find all things star wars "bad ass", i used to until how bad TLJ was.

Same feeling until prequels.

#4603 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Second season started shooting I think.

Already a trailer for it so I think it's done shooting

#4607 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

FFS, a prequel to a prequel?

The movie was pretty horrible so you've got a solid foundation

I mean I guess I'd watch it before Falcon & The Winter Soldier.

#4612 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

The prequels were incredibly coherent, hate them or not. And the characters had drive and a reason to exist.

To deliver the worst dialog you've ever heard in an unconvincing manner?
    "Incredibly coherent?" Wow.

#4618 4 years ago

Lucas didn't write empire strikes back. So you're just sort of making it up as you go huh?

#4620 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I would not be the least bit surprised if they came up with a few other series and had them staggered so there was always one running on the service.

So they already have mandalorian, falcon & Winter, vision show...what was the 3rd one they announced at SB?

#4625 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I was speaking in generalities for the entire tone of the OT series. He at least wrote the story,
    and I'd wager he definitely had input on dialog. .

A wager you would lose.
    Edit right now if I knew how to cut and paste from my new phone

#4628 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Does it really matter? The entire trilogy has a fairly similar dialog tone.

Yes, because you're posting things are not true but passing them off as facts. Then when you are shown truth you shrug it off like a smarmy douche.

#4629 4 years ago

Ah yes Loki...I might actually watch that one, like Loki. The vision one looked frickin wacky so that gets a look also, and I'm no big Marvel Fan.
    Wondering how they pull of Marvel shows when they are notorious being ball busters and having everything on a strict timeline.

#4633 4 years ago

I had just taken six months to write Raiders of the Lost Ark from scratch. I handed it in, and George said, “do you want to write Empire Strikes Back?” Literally, he threw it on the desk and asked me to write Empire. He said, “we’re in big trouble. Leigh Brackett [who wrote the first draft] has passed away. They’re building sets in England. And I don’t have a script.”

I said, “maybe you ought to read Raiders first.”

He said, “I’m going to read it tonight, and if I don’t like it I’ll call you back tomorrow and take back this offer.”

#4637 4 years ago

Were you drunk last week to? that would make more sense now

2 months later
    #4698 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Dont HATE just to hate....

Oh they made us hate it, you act like we're bullying it

#4701 3 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Stuck at home for a few weeks , maybe I’ll watch TROS .

If you like space horses you're going to love it.

Edit: not the cool kind of space horses though....if there are any.

#4711 3 years ago

2049 was almost completely perfect. Little hickup with a pointless side story of a revolution.
    Even Harrison didn't look like he hated to be there, and amazing feet.

1 week later
    #4724 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Could it possibly be worse than IJ4?

It would be hard with no Shia laboof.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You can’t come anywhere close to matching Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Mel Blanc, etc ....so why even bother?

Hmmm, gonna respectfully disagree here.
    I understand your point, and agree the new ones can't touch the OGs, but I'm all in to have a new cartoon with old style animation.
    The voices being off is going to agitate me for awhile fo sho, but the style of animation out there annoys me even more.

#4742 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That they did. The only TNG move that I ever halfway liked was Generations. The rest didn't have any quality of the series.

Funny everyone involved hating making Generations and considers First Contact the first real TNG movie.
    I personally like both a lot.

Series only got better until they dropped the finest series finale ever.
    Well...hmm...yeah i guess it was better than Brisco.

2 weeks later
    #4758 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That's a good thing! .

Agreed, it's super lame.

1 month later
    #4783 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I can't really think of a single character Disney created in three movies.

Really?! Must be selective amnesia....sadly I remember them all.

#4787 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I remember the vaulted low bar that Rogue One set, and everyone seemed so pleased at the time....

Uff so bad. I wish I couldn't remember Forest Whitiker's character...wow that was even worse than force goupies.

1 month later
    #4835 3 years ago

Lucas cut Horseshit.

#4844 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Everyone's excited about Lucas coming back, like they don't remember what happened the last time Lucas made star wars movies. Jeesh.

Totally awful. First one was better than his last 3.

3 weeks later
    #4870 3 years ago

Always been the problem. Smallest universe in the universe.

Quoted from Jason43:

1. Andor is a shit character

Just horrible

#4893 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

....it's hard to fuck up Breaking Bad...almost as hard as SW.

Huh, I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to fuck up SW...as seen the last few decades.

#4898 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

I've read through pages and pages of complaints in this thread and I can somewhat confidentially declare that those people would never be happy no matter who made the movie.

Some of the people coming from the SJW cryfest angle I completely agree with you. Personally, I loved TFA and thought it was pretty perfect (yeah the first 3 worked so just copy them...fine by me). The the Rian came and washed all the characters and plot away into a huge pathetic mess.

Mandalorian was a great watch too....so there is a way not to fuck everything up.

#4900 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

And despite all of that, the films have made oodles of money,....

just cause it made money doesnt mean TLJ was a good movie...

Yeah I can't believe in 2020 people still try to use this argument.

1 week later
    #4919 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

...I've been talking about Matt Reeves since this thread was started....but I have to tell you something looks off in this reboot. ....

Wow....what a bold claim! Might it have something to do with "Shovel Face"being Batman (the)?

#4923 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I don't think it was him....it's big egos, Reeves probably wanted this to look something completely different.

I think it's trending to look more like the crappy Gotham TV show?

#4931 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Which one? I bailed out after the second reboot, but I’d check back in for a bit to see some more Keaton.

haha...how did that second reboot get the grren light? Soooo fucking bad...that jamie Fox shit I still think was a joke.

The Tom Holland spiderman is really pretty good; and Keaton was good too.

#4935 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

I'll go on record and say in the summation of movie runs this new Batman will fair better than ww84

Well I can't imagine WW84 being worse than the first one. At least The Batman savagly beat the shit out of that guy.

#4947 3 years ago

Giggling WW villains, so bad.

#4953 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

We are actually VERY close to that now.

I disagree in the "VERY" part there. But we'll see.

Personally I'm all for it though. Choose your own adventure? Fuck that, choose your own actors for a movie. And porn of course...thats the cash cow

1 year later
    #5459 1 year ago

It always amazes me that people are shocked by Star Wars sucking

Quoted from fosaisu:

The old George Lucas playbook!

"Daddy gets paid."
    I have to watch this before the Fake George Lucas reacts

#5462 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I'm not shocked. Star wars has sucked since 99. I'm just amazed how easily they keep fucking it up.

Yeah as soon as I saw him in the preview watching Annikin through binocs I gave up

#5467 1 year ago

I'll give Andor a chance for the sets but R1 was a steaming pile to be sure...and he was pretty much the worst character in it, sans blind Jedi Groupie & whatever Forrest Whitiker was doing; uff.

4 months later
    #5471 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else reach the Marvel fatigue stage? I just don't care anymore about pretty much anything Marvel related. The new Deadpool 3 movie with Wolverine is about it.

I've always liked the TV shows better than movies...although I've been avoiding She Hulk AAL

#5475 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I've heard mixed reviews but you have to admit it's a fantastic show title.

I liked it better the first time it was Harvey Birdman

#5479 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

She Hulk has its tongue firmly planted in its cheek...

Everything Marvel does.

#5481 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

I skipped Hawk/Winter Soldier and Hawkeye because I can summon no interest whatsoever for those characters.

That's the best part of the shows; take the worst characters and make an awesome product. I literally ranked Bucky, Hawk, & Scarlett Witch the bottom 3 characters before their shows

#5484 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

If you're saying that those series do as much for those characters as Wandavision did for Wanda, wellll that's a convincing reason to give them a try.

For me 100%.
    Bucky & Capt's weird love story is for me the worst part of the movies; like just fucking get over it dude. Hawk is just a completely lame character. That show ended up being really fucking cool.
    And Hawkeye? Jesus having to look at that guys bulldog face pains me but the the show was a blockbuster.
    That's why I'm not discounting She Hulk yet; I'll def give it a chance.

She Hulk was practicing law long before Harvey Birdman....

You guys! this is a name only situation.

#5490 1 year ago

Oh nothing here, rolling eyes at me I thought you didn't like something I said.

1 month later
    #5495 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Andor was surprisingly not shitty, given he was the most uninteresting character of the most uninteresting star wars movie.

Yeah Andor himself was still the weakest part of the series; although not as bad as I thought he'd be.

2 months later
    #5498 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

So, kinda related...
    I watched the first episode of Picard season 3. Because I apparently hate myself. I swore I wasn't going to watch it, after the chalky, dried dog shit that was the first 2 seasons. But, after reports of the show being handed over to a showrunner that actually likes star trek and glowing reviews from sources who's word I trust, I decided to try it.
    And...i liked it. I'd actually go so far as to say it was good. And not just good by comparison to the previous seasons, but actually good good. I felt like I was watching real star trek again. Picard acted like the Picard from TNG, not some whimsical old man. The characters made real decisions based on common sense and logic, not just to blindly move the clunky plot along. Hell, they even got the music right.

Oh shit its started?! Cant wait....they got me back in even after that DREADFULLLL season 2...a complete shit salad.
    Personally I liked season 1 but most of my friends didn't.

#5501 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Hmm, season 2 was soooo bad though…

Just watched s3e1 and I think they're gonna pull this off. Great start

#5511 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

I feel dirty reading about Star Trek in a Star Wars thread

JJ Abrams already crossed those streams

#5513 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I gave up after season 1. We only have so many breaths/heartbeats left. If you want to spend some on this shit - go for it.

Gonna be a proper send off for Next Generation.

#5515 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is what I and many others were hoping for in Season 1. I admit - I haven't watches season 2 even though Q was my favorite character. Guessing I didn't miss much?

To frame it in this SW thread, Season 2 was the Last Jedi, came along and destroyed everything interesting in season 1.
    Season 1 had a lot of Next Gen stuff but wasn't a Next Gen story; which this is going to be. This is their last season & last gasp; gonna try to go out old school.
    Season 2 was so fucking wrong on Every level...how can you screw up with Q?!?

No need to rush...let's wait a bit. There was no possible way i was going to watch season 3 roll i saw the trailer; no they got me.

#5517 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is freaking too bad to hear. Every ep with Q in TNG was awesome.

All time greats no doubt.

2 weeks later
    #5542 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Watched PICARD SE3 Ep1 and Ep2
    Mehh......
    "Get the band back together"
    Ok I get it....
    But it wasn't really that good....
    C-

Man its been great thru all 3 and gaining momentum. Believe me it's a nostalgia circle jerk and all, but this is the last hurrah so its working.

Waiting for 2 Mandos to start

1 week later
    #5546 1 year ago

Mando going great except the 'ol "oh wait the planet is fine I guess someone should have checked!"
    Although they are religious nutbags.

#5553 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

... It looks like it took two minutes for Grogu to leave and come back with her. She was literally on another planet.

In the same system...ships were pretty fast those days.

#5555 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Yes but planets are still very far apart and it takes a long time to leave and enter an atmosphere.

Looks like around under 30 seconds...and that shithole didn't even have a landing pad

1 week later
    #5559 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

So we are FOUR episodes into MANDO SE3
    Feelings??
    Kinda boring for me.....
    Have we "advanced" the story? Not really......
    Does EVERY episode have to have a "GIANT Monster" fight in it?
    Apparently = YES
    Thoughts???

I'm loving it, even the strange left turn episode that felt like a spin off
    The story is pretty obviously advancing towards the push & pull or Baby Yoda being a jedi or Mandorlorian.
    They 're spending time with the Mandos, which fir me us usually the weakest part of the show, but they're actually doing it well.
    Plus the spin off episode paved the waY for Moff Gideon to return

#5561 1 year ago

Wow your pussy got hurt on that one, it happens though.
    The only problem episode was the flashback Jedi run. If that was Jar Jar Binks FFS, his acting riding that space tricycle might have been worse than the Jar Jar!

No worries aboot baby birds; you'll see them in the background and then in 2.5 seasons they'll show up on a big Mando assault.

#5562 1 year ago

Meanwhile Picard S3e6 - Best hour of Trek ive watched since the mid 90s

#5564 1 year ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Remember how EVERYBODY hated the prequels, but now they're starting to find a new fan base and admiration from true SW enthusiasts.

Now that IS sad.

#5566 1 year ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

C'mon Law, you can't tell me you didn't think the Clone army was super cool and how they advanced the story and evolution of the clones into Clone Wars and Bad Batch. They far outweigh the Anakin and Padme romance talk scenes.

Clone war as an idea is super interesting and yes those parts were good; then every 2 minutes I get to see Anakin, Padme, Kenobi, a robot with lung cancer, jumping Yoda, bad mother jedi....I mean seriously just the worst written shit ever put on film. And the clones are fighting Jar Jars in bell bottoms half the time; ouch!
    Not into SW cartoons so I haven't seen any CW or BB. Doesn't interest me for some reason.

#5569 1 year ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Good points, but you have to give thanks to the prequels for at least giving us Darth Maul and the light sabre fight

Maul was legendary. He got 4 minutes screen time, and ibhad to watch 10 of Galactic Senate meetings. I've sat thru A LOT of government meetings in my life, I dont need them in SW

#5572 1 year ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

... Can I just skip season 2 and start right up with S3?

Yes & please do.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Can't wait for Mando to get a heapin helpin of trade federation before this season ends

What a season finale when the Mando nation enters the TF; yes I love it!

#5577 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

...Do I care at this point?

I mean....

#5579 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

...t was intended to be a "badass" scene that like most star wars product of recent years turned into unintentional comedy.

Flashback to the awful Rodriguez scooter chase from Boba

#5581 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I've had zero gripes with Andor though. That show is a well written, deep dive, slow grind & I love every minute of it.

First handfull were rough but they turned it around nicely.

1 week later
    #5583 11 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Jesus, Mandalorian season 3 is complete shit. It's unredeemable at this point.

This last episode...I can't find a fucking point in it and I'm liking this season.
    What a mess

#5594 11 months ago

Lizzo was just as fat as Jack Black and acting on the same level so let's not blame her. Shit, Lloyd's wasn't much better.

Quoted from acedanger:

Just canceled DisneyPlus....

But it doesn't shut off till the end of your month cycle....can you stay away from it next Wednesday?!

#5598 11 months ago

Bwahaha....the purple hair thing again; always a classic.

#5602 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Star wars has been dog shit for a quarter of a century now.

Wait i thought we were supposed to act like Disney was the one that ruined it?!?!

#5604 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Lucas botched his own creation long before the mouse bought it.

Shhh....there are some real prequel fans around here

#5611 11 months ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'll admit - I thought JJ Abrams was going to turn it around. The Star Trek reboot was incredible....

He turned it around in TFA, and then RIan went insane & complete shit the bed in 2. Them 3 he came back and completely lost it.

All thr prequels were conplete hot garbage dicks.

#5613 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

Its really not hard to give fans what they want....

25 years later I'm starting to think; maybe it is?

#5625 11 months ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Maybe I'm in the minority.... TFA felt like a crappy copy of ANH.

Yes everyone in the world thinks this because its true; but thats what made it good.
    You see what happens When they're left to invent their own plots, horrible. Space milk, force phone calls, floating Leia.

Star Treks where horrendous. No one should be forced to watch. Close up of Chris Pines' lips for 2 hours

#5642 11 months ago

My biggest problem with the prequel trilogy is ...

...Every single part of them. Horrible form start to end

#5656 11 months ago

Arrrrgggghhhh Mandalorian un-ruining lives this week!

#5667 11 months ago

Holy shit Picard....wow...all my minds have been blown

#5670 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

That was such blatant nostalgia bait, but damn if it didn't hit me right in the feels...

The funny part is this is all low hanging fruit; but I never saw any of it cumming.

#5680 11 months ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

i wish they'd just end it here. quality has slid each season since the knockout first season. that last episode was ok, kinda weak, but I'd hate to have another full season that was just mediocre. Leave Pedro and Groku there and let them show up in some other shows when needed.

You could just stop watching?

Ha funny I know right...not in this thread!

#5684 11 months ago

The manolorian shit was OK, not my favorite topic of course. Them flying around in the background with the troopers I thought they were space gnats...that was a little dumb. Crashing up cruiser was nice, Setting up Gideon as a new Vader character is fine, adoption great, back to old format awesome!
    Most of the dumb shit was just standard SW dumb shit since 77; weirdo depressed driods have access to everything with their dick/usbs, dumb standing room only for the troopers so they can be thrown down a hole for some reason? Gideon being able to track Mando every move yet just lets him walk in the Clone chamber? I'd be like "what the fuck" and then Baby Yoda starts mashing his "NO!" button; sweet little boy!

Quoted from acedanger:

Lazy dog shit I'm out for starwars. Editing, plot, writing probably could of been better developed by a group of 4th graders. My subscription ends next week & I won't miss it one bit such complete shit garbage. You guys feel free to continue to enjoy #notmystarwars

You still got 8 days....a lot of rage can happen by then!

286 posts in this topic match your search for posts by TheLaw. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.