Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Exhibit A:
    So at the beginning the First Order tracks down the Rebels, yadda yadda yadda, then they TRACK THEM THROUGH LIGHT SPEED / HYPERSPACE
    and everyone is like, wow that is impossible! but they never deavle into the details of just how that was pulled off. stupid.

This was alluded to in Rogue One. The First Order has been working on this tech for quite a while when TLJ comes around.

EDIT: EXHIBIT C1: How could I forget about this one haha. When the rebel ships bridge gets blown up and Leia is floating in space, instead of freezing to death, running out of O2, or whatever would actually happen, she used the force to float back to an entrance of the ship and get back in. I was in disbelief at how bad that scene was.

This scene was pure crap.

Exhibit D:
    Snoke! Like What the actual F&^K. He is the Supreme Leader. He tapped into the force to get Rey and Kylo to see and talk to each other. No back story on who he is/was and how he came to power. Super powerful in the force then gets cleaved in halve without ever fighting. We see a glimpse of his power with some lightning he jams at Kylo and that is it. Like what was the point of his existence other than to be "bad guy number 1" He was super strong with the force so he had to be around during 4,5,6 days but just nothing about his back story and hes gone. LAME

One of the best things about the movie is Rian Johnson saying, "screw your fan theories." Sometimes it's okay to have to use your imagination. I'm sure these questions will either be addressed in a novel or Ep IV.

Exhibit E:
    Speaking of being really strong in the force. Kylo stopped a blaster bullet in mid air in episode 7. Then in the fight with the elite guards after Snoke was killed he doesnt even use a single force push or choke or anything. You would think this kid could crush skulls with his mind. meh

He had to pull a sneak attack or Snoke would have whooped his ass. It's pretty clear that Snoke is quite powerful with the Force.

Exhibit G:
    Well, so Force Ghost Yoda comes and visits Luke to give some advice. If they are going to use Force Ghosts and Vader came back to the Light Side as a force ghost, why wouldnt he just tell Kylo to quit being a D bag. But that is not related to this movie. What is questionable is that Yoda blows up the Jedi teachings, but alas, at the end we see Rey had taken all the old texts. Like Yoda and Luke couldnt sense that or what? Whatever.

It's not explicitly said the ancient texts hold any other value other than the writings, so why would Luke be focused on them? His judgement was clearly clouded if he was about to destroy the temple. Plus I think they pulled off Yoda the way he was meant to be.

Exhibit H:
    Why not have droid manned ships just light speed thru all the star destoryers, or heck, the death star, anything really and blow them up. slippery slope.

It will be interesting to see where they take this, that's for sure.

Addendum 4:If they are just tracking the main ship, uh duh, warp to hyperspace in the other ships and stay alive and save your fleet. derrr

There's no way the other ships could have held all of the people and necessary equipment to keep the Rebellion operational.

#375 6 years ago

just gotta hope not to run out of gas.

lol

so how is this "the spark" hah.

I guess we'll have to hit the theaters in a couple of years to find out! I, for one, can't wait!

#436 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, even that maintenance worker Rose is out there piloting a pile of junk against heavily armored walkers.

I would imagine they took anyone with basic piloting skills on that run. I mean there were only about 25 people left at that time, so it's not like they were flushed with experienced pilots. Her character seemed a bit forced. I didn't buy the romance between her and Finn AT ALL. I hope they can somehow rectify that in episode IV where it was just a moment where she thought she was going to die or something. I'm a lot like you in that I can see where the movie deserves some of the criticism, but not near the amount it's getting. Personally, I can't wait until Episode IV and thoroughly enjoyed the thrill ride that was TLJ.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=Pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.