Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason43.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1060 6 years ago

It's salt.

#1062 6 years ago

I agree with what's been said. I walked out with the same feeling i had after seeing episode 1, not really sure about how i felt about things. Upon serious thought, I've concluded that the movie is a turd. A turd with some good moments, but a turd nonetheless. My biggest problem is that i just don't care now. The first order is under the control of two incompetent nitwits, the resistance is just a handful of people. There's no sense of a looming threat going into the next movie. No stakes. Who really gives a fuck.

#1075 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I thaught the scene with Leia pulling herself back to the ship with the force was great. Yes It may have been awkwardly filmed, but I overlooked that. It was a good display of her power with the force. After 30 years of learning to tap into her force power, I think that pulling herself back to the ship would be the least she could do. Force users can push and pull things with the force. This is nothing new. So I don't get the hate with that scene from people. Is it the way it was filmed, or the act of pulling her way back to the ship?

See, my problem isn't that she used the force. I actually think it was a cool concept. It was how poorly executed the scene was. Have her catch herself using the force as she's being pulled away from the control panel and barely make it back to the door. If she needed to be out of commission for an hour because plot, have her get hurt in an explosion. Literally anything would've been a better scene than what we got. I knew as soon as they cut to her floating in space, something dumb was about to happen.

#1212 6 years ago

I played the pro a few weeks back. I didn't walk away from it thinking"what the fuck just happened" like I did when I left the theater.

#1255 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Im guessing its going to be how Han won the Falcon from Lando or something O_o. Throw in some Kessel Run mumbo jumbo and volia.
    i also anticipate more really bad jokes
    what are the odds that he wins the falcon from lando at Maz Katana's place just to make her character seem relevant??

EVERYTHING MUST BE EXPLAINED

#1302 6 years ago

I think the majority of people who buy Star Wars toys these days are adult collectors. Most of the older fans hated this movie, probably not buying the toys then.

1 month later
    #1451 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I couldn’t agree more. Kennedy has no respect for the fan base. RJ takes zero blame for delivering a poorly plotted product. They just say we are sexiest if we don’t like their movie...it’s the only defense these Hollywood types can muster.
    I really get a chuckle when they say the hard core Star Wars fans have Star Wars burnout. We were never going to have burn out so long as the product was good and the story was interesting and the lore developed and grew.

Its the Ghostbusters defense. We didn't like that movie because we're sexist pricks

2 weeks later
    #1508 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1521497584171 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521497584171 (resized).jpg

#1512 6 years ago

Dear God. Where has Crispin Glovers music been all my life. Amazing.

#1517 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Not to push aside Crispin Glover, who deserves another moment in the sun, but has anyone seen Ready Player One yet?

As nostalgic of a person as i am, i really have no desire to see it.

1 month later
    #1816 5 years ago

Saw it earlier about lando. Star wars is the pc poster child for Disney, apparently. I just don't fucking care anymore.

3 weeks later
    #2064 5 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

I’m not sure how any person man or woman can identify with Rey. Perfect at everything with no effort or practice, she is a bad role model. Do nothing and have everything handed to you easy-peasy, it is a sad thing that some feminists feel drawn to that type of character as a role model for women as she is in many ways the opposite of what we should aspire to.

Ironically, i never gave Rey much thought as to how poor of a protagonist she is. Probably due to all the other flaws stealing her thunder.

Usually in a movie like this, The protagonist would get put through hell before coming out on top. Look at Luke in the OT. He gets his ass handed to him royally before winning in the end. Pretty basic formula for a character arc. I thought they were going a similar route with her in the first movie, with her coming from nothing, but after the first half of the movie, she hasn't faced many challenges since. Honestly, this makes her a pretty uninteresting character.

2 weeks later
    #2218 5 years ago

With Marvel, they had a plan from the beginning. With Star Wars, it's pretty obvious they're just making these movies up as they go along. Which is a shame, because SW really should've been handled better.

#2263 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The prequels had a start to finish plan and cohesion.

No, they really didn't. It's pretty obvious Lucas was making it up as he went.

#2286 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw: The prequels did a good job of setting stakes and making the galaxy feel huge.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I thought the PT shrank the Star Wars universe. Darth Vader built CP3O, baby Boba Fett etc. It's a very small galaxy.

3 weeks later
    #2350 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Fresh from the rumor mill:
    George Lucas replacing Kathleen Kennedy to FIX Episode 9?
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/995415/Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-backlash-Kathleen-Kennedy-Episode-9-George-Lucas
    Also Lucasfilm confirmed that Carrie Fisher will now be appearing in Ep 9.....

Have things gotten so bad that we've all forgotten just how badly George Lucas butchered Star Wars?

#2359 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but the prequels did an amazing job of showing just how large the Star Wars universe is,

By including baby Boba Fett, baby Greedo, having Anakin build C3P0, etc...? If anything, I feel they showed just how small and limited this universe is.

3 weeks later
    #2501 5 years ago

For those interested, the last Jedi plinkett review is up

1 month later
    #2631 5 years ago

That stupid ornament is 40 bucks?

#2636 5 years ago

In fairness to Disney, shamelessly whorring out the star wars brand is nothing new.

2 weeks later
    #2657 5 years ago

Luke rotj: willing to die to save his father from the dark side

Luke tlj: maybe senses a little dark side in his nephew, ready to cut him the fuck in half while he sleeps

Consistent.

2 weeks later
    #2681 5 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Nahhhh...
    " Sith " was "ok" a best......
    Still a pile of shit movie.
    EP 1 , 2 & 3 are 100% UNWATCHABLE...

Downvote him all you want, but he's right. Horrible acting, story, dialogue, directing. But they have pretty lightsaber fights, so, they must be awesome.

#2711 5 years ago

I see so many posts referring to the clone wars cartoon. If these movies needed a cartoon to flesh out what should've been in the movies, then that's just another reason they failed.

#2730 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How do you cover an entire war, with various political factions/diplomacy & thousands of battles taking place on thousands of planets, all while developing hundreds of characters (old & new), cultures & backstories in a two hour movie? Impossible. These TV series excel at telling stories that the movies simply cannot cover in detail. They're meant for hardcore fans, who get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

He didn't need to develop hundreds of characters. Just the 3 or 4 that the movies centered around. The originals managed to do this and cover am entire war just fine.

3 months later
    #3153 5 years ago

I think the storm troopers are red because of the lightsaber. You sure that's an official poster? Looks very fan made. Ah hell. Not even sure why I'm asking. I don't think i care anymore.

1 week later
    #3157 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

But the ones right under the hilt are still white?

I'm guessing because some second rate artist threw this together in about 5 minutes in Photoshop.

#3164 5 years ago

I hope all of this is true. I'm all for this movie being a coat hanger abortion of a film.

#3211 5 years ago

RIP, Lando.

#3213 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Come on now, even haters must admit that at least the title is decent. Especially compared to all the "rumors".

That title is shit.

#3217 5 years ago

My favorite part is where they said the saga is coming to an end.

#3218 5 years ago

I'm hoping they at least let him get head from c3p0 before he dies. Since he's apparently into that sort of thing now.

#3226 5 years ago

Thank God

3 weeks later
    #3298 4 years ago

They also announced a new Indiana Jones film. So this will be one of two things. A recast/reboot, or 80 year old Harrison Ford back in the role. Either way, fuck off.

#3332 4 years ago

Meh. Cool fight, but looks completely out of place spliced into the original film. I prefer the original.

#3335 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

The original scene is out of place in all the other movies.......and all other cannon for that matter.

And that's part of my problem with the prequels and special editions. Instead of the prequels being made to fit in with the originals, the originals have to constantly be "reimagined" and reworked to fit in with the prequels. It's lazy filmmaking on Lucas' part.

#3343 4 years ago

To be fair to TLJ, star wars was ruined a long time ago. It's not like it's the first horrible movie in the franchise.

4 weeks later
    #3369 4 years ago

Does it really matter at this point?

1 month later
    #3396 4 years ago

Concerning Picard.... Isn't the same group of people who work on Discovery doing this? If so, my expectations are fucking non existent.

3 weeks later
    #3446 4 years ago

Finally I can see all the crazy adventures obiwan had, while exiled on the desert planet.

#3451 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

But wasn’t Obi-wan just laying low watching out after Luke from a distance? I mean, it already didn’t make sense to hide Luke with Darth Vader’s step-brother on his home planet, would Obi-Wan really have wanted to draw attention to himself with crazy adventures?

Yep. Sarcastic post. I always looked at it as his final punishment for failing. Exiled and alone. But now he can have fun adventures, right? I hope he gets a girlfriend.

Fuck. It's been 40 years since people who understand star wars have made a star wars story. How the fuck is this franchise still going?

1 week later
    #3480 4 years ago

"fuck it" pretty much sums up the franchise at this point

#3481 4 years ago

Good to see this movie continues the tradition of seeing what new, crazy shit they can do with a lightsaber to sell toys. Seriously, what practical purpose could a fold in half lightsaber serve?

#3494 4 years ago

Lets not forget that it's not just JJ working on this. The guy who wrote Batman v Superman is a co-writer. So, let that nugget sink in.

Fuck it.

#3499 4 years ago

It's pretty obvious there was no plan in place for this new trilogy. They made it up as they went and it shows. They should've least had a basic outline for all three movies before they filmed a scene.

1 month later
    #3623 4 years ago

Star wars isn't an event anymore, unfortunately. It's become just another franchise.

1 month later
    #3756 4 years ago

Meh. The show is ok I guess. It's basically "stuff I remember: the series". Makes me realize that we'll probably never see anything truly new and unique in the star wars universe.

2 weeks later
    #3860 4 years ago

You have to understand that the masses are so oblivious to what a good movie is these days. If it's got action and explosions and lightsabers, with some pew pew lasers, it'll do just fine. Not to mention, the average star wars fan will eat up anything star wars without question and then accuse you of not being a true fan for not lapping it up as well.

#3871 4 years ago

I don't like the name "Mando".

#3880 4 years ago

"There's nothing on this planet that can take down an ST-ST."

If only they had an ewok.

#3886 4 years ago

Disney plus has spiderman and his amazing friends, which is the main reason I'm keeping it for the time being

#3891 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The Mandalorian is good. The most recent episode was the worst one but still good. Episode 9 looks like a dumpster fire of shit. Horses running on a ship in space? WTF?

What is an ST-ST?

Oh fuck.

#3944 4 years ago

I guess the state of star wars is pretty bad if we're fondly reminiscing over the good old days of the phantom menace

#3946 4 years ago

We'll have to agree to disagree. It's fine that people like them, but the prequels are some of the finest examples of shit filmmaking out there. 3 is watchable at best. 1 and 2 are bad on almost every level. And it ain't because of jar jar or Jake Loyd. The directing, writing, dialogue, acting, plot, pacing, editing... all horrid. To the point that it's dumbfounding. People don't hate the prequels because it's ingrained in our culture. They hate them because they're garbage. Like I said, it's fine to like them. I like my fair share of horrible movies. But let's not try to pretend that the prequels are some kind if misunderstood classics here.

#3994 4 years ago

Mando may have the worst supporting characters on TV, at least in the last few episodes. Every person he interacts with is annoying af.

#4002 4 years ago

Vader's scene at the end of rogue one is thinly veiled fan service. It serves absolutely no purpose other than an excuse to have Darth Vader swing a lightsaber. That scene was made for the lowest common denominator of star wars fan. The people who like phantom menace because it has pod racing, or the people who think Sith is the best movie because it has the bestest lightsaber fight.

#4014 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Vader's scene in Rogue One is probably my favorite scene from any of the films. Anyone who says it's out of place might want to read a novel, comic book or view one of the cartoons from that Ep3 to Ep4 period. At that time Vader was young, angry, ruthless, and a feared force though out the galaxy. By Rogue One he's at his peak. It was wonderful to finally see him using all his powers & skills on screen for the first time. Deflecting shots, force choking, cutting people in half, ripping blasters from their hands, inspiring fear & terror in his enemies. Presented perfectly.
    Old ass Yoda leaping & spinning with a lightsaber in Episode 2? Executed extremely bad to the point it was laughable.

Oh horseshit. You shouldn't have to read the books or watch the cartoons for the movies to make sense.

#4033 4 years ago

Wow. That poster looks like something off the cover of an early 80s, straight to video cheese flick

#4054 4 years ago

At least the newest episode of the Mandorian didn't suck too badly.

#4061 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Most episodes of Friday the 13th the Series had complete story arcs. As in an introduction to new characters, maybe a mew setting, a new cursed object, and then a resolution to all the conflict that object created. All in a syndicated show, surely produced for bazillions less.
    Hell, one episode had the gang join a monastery. That introduced several characters, and wrapped them up by show's end.
    I'm just saying this show feels very elementary, for the amount of cash and talent involved. Feels very competent, safe, and ultimately forgettable so far. Which is like most media.
    I'm forgetting if the episode where Ryan joined an Amish commune was 1 or 2 parts. Weighty shit there, for sure! Love that show!! [quoted image]

I have to agree with you. There's been a couple fairly decent episodes, a couple clunkers, but nothing is what I'd consider amazing. Safe is probably the best description.

#4065 4 years ago

"Mando"

#4075 4 years ago

The early reviews are rolling in. It's a success. The best star wars ever. Disney's done it again

#4076 4 years ago

I like sorting through the tweets and figuring out which ones are shills and which ones are just impressed by shiney objects. It's a fun game.

#4128 4 years ago

Hey, the newest episode of the mandolin was actually pretty good at least

1 week later
    #4333 4 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

At the end of the day, a sequel trilogy to a beloved franchise was never going to meet the impossibly high expectations

I appreciate what you're saying, but I see this excuse thrown around quite a bit in regards to this new trilogy. The only expectations they had to meet, were to have a coherent story across 3 movies, with characters were dont hate, doing things that make sense in regards to that story. And they failed at that.

And really, did anyone really have any sort of expectations after the prequels? I think most people's expectations were ground level, which makes it that much more amazing that they shit the bed this badly.

#4337 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Everyone had the same basic expectations for the prequels. To see Anakin Skywalker trained by his good friend Obiwan, turn to the darkside & become Darth Vader. Along the way we get to see the Clone Wars in all it's glory & the backstory to the birth of Luke/Leia. Lucas delivered all that, just not the way fans minds were theorizing & daydreaming for those 16 years between ROTJ & TPM.
    I think many people were expecting to see the version of Vader from the last 5 minutes of Rogue One over the course an entire movie. Not an entire movie focused on a 10 year old Anakin. Not a painful-to-watch love story over half of another film. And not a Vader/Luke/Leia reveal in the last 5 minutes of the last movie.
    Like Ep7-9, you could say that Ep1-3 was a squandered opportunity as well. But least we got to see an excellent depiction of young Obiwan though.

See, I have no problem if the story I end up getting is completely different from what I expected. Just deliver said story well. The problem with the prequels isn't expectations. It's that we got a jumbled shit show that was just plain bad on every level. This is why I hate the "expectations were too high" excuse so much. There hasn't been a truly great star wars movie since 1980. That was 40 years ago. Every movie since then has been steaming hot garbage, with a couple bordering on mediocre. The good to bad ratio for star wars films ain't leaning anywhere near good at this point. How anyone can have expectations for this franchise is baffling to me.

#4343 4 years ago

So, I actually just saw the film today. My biggest complaint: 30 minutes of previews and commercials before the movie. Ten minutes into the film and I'm already about to piss myself.

#4365 4 years ago

Don't forget the Rose Tico show everyone is now apparently pushing for.

#4368 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just saw ROSW and it was not horrible all considered, not a good movie but not as bad of a train wreck as TLJ or Solo. I will say there were only 30 people in the theatre and 3 left in the middle of the film.
    I can not imagine a worse casting of an actor than Adam Driver (horrible).
    I thought the Finn, Poe, Rey scenes were usually ok and I like some of the humor.

I actually thought Driver was one if the few redeeming qualities if the new trilogy

#4401 4 years ago

Where do you even find a copy of the despecialized edition without going through downloading torrents and all that horseshit?

#4404 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Everyone talks about Han shooting first, but actually my favorite fixes are for ROTJ. Replacing the "Lapti Nek" song in Jabbas palace with that horrific swinging dance number was completely ridiculous & out of place. That moment is the low point of the Specialized Editions. IDK WTF Lucas was thinking with that change.
    Also nice to see the iconic Ewoks "Yub Nub" song restored as well. There's an entire generation of kids who haven't had that song haunting them & replaying in their heads for years. What a shame. haha In fact I bought an old copy of the ROTJ soundtrack on vinyl specifically for that song.

Jesus, Rotj took it right up the poop shoot in the SE's. The other movies are watchable and I can overlook most of the changes, but the jedi se is almost unwatchable.

#4415 4 years ago

I'd wager that the "JJ" cut will be on that super duper, holy shit, Skywalker saga boxed set that they're going on about. Disney's not going to turn down a chance to milk this cash cow a little more.

#4448 4 years ago

They trollin

2 weeks later
    #4574 4 years ago

Is there anything in cannon that for sure identifies Kenobi never leaves Tatooine? The worst thing they could do at this point would be to somehow throw a young Luke into the mix on this. People want Kenobi developed. Have him taken off Tatooine for whatever reason. By Kenobi's design, against his will, whatever. Make it NOTHING to do with the Skywalker saga. Hell tie it to deep space and Ezra story line .........anything but staying in the ruts of the story we know. What's the point if you do - we already know the outcome. Makes for pretty anticlimactic story telling.

Or just don't do a kenobi show.

#4578 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I just watched it, what a terrible storyline. I don't understand, old Picard, Stewart looks very aged all of sudden, they waited too long to roll this out. I think they would have been better off writing a story about a young Picard leaving the family vineyard and joining Starfleet and his time as a young officer. This is was such a bogus story....I was shaking my head.

Star wars and trek both suffer from the same problem these days. They can't come up with new, interesting ideas, so they keep regurgitating the same crap. Ideally, I'd like to see something new set in the star trek universe, but CBS is too inept to come up with anything interesting, so we get Picard drinking earl grey and saying "make it so" and some dude with a beard playing spock.

#4590 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This looked interesting.

That looks awful. Like bad fan film, with a budget awful. I did lol at the laser fight, where they were 5 feet in front of each and no one hit a thing. Jesus fuck on a cracker.

4 weeks later
    #4649 4 years ago

That is a diverse group of people. Just need a kid in a wheelchair.

On a side note, I've been watching Picard. Man, star wars ain't the only franchise getting it hard in the impulse engines..

You see what I did there??

1 month later
    #4695 4 years ago

To be fair, Palpatine does have a history of blasting his own face off...

#4699 4 years ago

Yeah, you assholes, always wanting movies with coherent plots and stuff.

1 week later
    #4734 4 years ago

My biggest problem with Picard is that it wasn't about Picard. The character Stewart was playing was about as far from Picard as you could've gotten.

TNG was well thought out Sci fi. This show was mindless schlock.

#4737 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Good point, that's why I said they destroy their legend. Also the cool thing about ST was that it was almost always based on sound science principles....the whole
    Synth ban, prophecy and Zhat Vash crap was such a gimmick and cheaply cobbled together storyline ....again I think it was written by the crew of Modern Family or All of Us rather than a bonafide sci-fi writers. This crap started with the new Battle Star Galactica and then quickly infected everything from ST to SW.

Alex Kurtzman. Pretty much explains all the problems with this show

#4740 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is just how it is today. A show like TNG could never work today. I think TNG is one of the best Sci-Fi Tv shows of all time(less TZ & OL from the 60's).
    It will never be replicated. Even Deep Space 9 started to go into this direction, thankfully Voyager remained somewhat in the old mold.

The TNG movies also took it on that downward spiral.

#4748 4 years ago

Can't wait to not own tros on bluray

1 month later
    #4766 3 years ago

Does anyone really care anymore?

#4781 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The brand is being kept alive by Gen X's, but are they're kids going to be able to take it forward in 2 decades?
    I don't think so. Lucas was wise to cash out when he could.

I think it could've stayed alive that long. The key to star wars is less is more. Releasing a new trilogy every 10-15 years is just enough to get people excited. It becomes a special event. You remember being there opening night.

When you go pumping out movies once a year(mediocre movies at that), new TV shows every couple of months, cartoons, etc etc, it loses something. It becomes just another franchise. Alienating your fan base with hit- you- over- the- head social justice/PC commentary doesn't help things.

IMO, the best thing they can do is lay the movies to rest for a while. Focus on a couple well thought out tv shows like the Mandalorian. Stay away from rehashing old characters and storylines. No Obi-Wan series. No Boba Fett movie. No explaining how the Bothans died. In 7-8 years, maybe look at a new trilogy. And this time, outline a complete story with competent writers before filming a thing.

1 week later
    #4793 3 years ago

Just let it go already. Everything they do just makes the franchise more and more of a convoluted shit show.

#4802 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

"Time Travel" the last refuge of the creatively bankrupt.

This. It reeks of desperation.

They can try all they want to "undo" the sequels, but they still exist. They will never be truly undone. And dream all you want, the original actors aren't coming back to film a do-over.

Star wars is on its way to being the multiple timeline, multiple actors playing the same characters convoluted clusterfuck that star trek has become.

3 weeks later
    #4841 3 years ago

Everyone's excited about Lucas coming back, like they don't remember what happened the last time Lucas made star wars movies. Jeesh.

2 weeks later
    #4855 3 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

How many subscribers is Disney keeping though? We subscribed, watched the Mandalorian , and cancelled. I won’t be signing up again for season 2 , the last 2 episodes of season one were so bad I completely lost any interest in the show. It is a shame the episodes leading up to the last two were pretty good. Usually when a good show ends for the season it leaves you wanting more. When Mandalorian finished the first season I was left with the feeling that I don’t need to ever watch the show again.

I kept my subscription. Not for anything star wars related, but for the classic Disney movies and shows, entire fox library, old marvel shows and cartoons etc. There is actually a decent amount of good content with their service.

#4858 3 years ago

Rogue one was mediocre fan service at best and that Andor character was about as interesting as watching paint dry. Why would you want to watch a show that focuses on his continuing adventures?

#4865 3 years ago

On a side note, apparently there's some comic out there now that explains who caught Luke's lightsaber in empire. So there's that.

#4869 3 years ago

Because:
    1. Andor is a shit character
    2. Enough fucking prequels
    3. Enough fucking Vader

The fact that everything star wars revolves around preexisting stories and characters is one of my major beefs with the franchise. There is no originality. Just nostalgia. We don't need a back story to every character. You know what Obi Wan was doing on tattooine for all those years? Nothing. And that's the point. Him having adventures defeats the purpose. Show me something new. Are you telling me that this universe isn't big enough that we can't focus on a story that doesn't involve old characters and scenarios?

#4879 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Funny, Rian Johnson thought that too and then he gave us TLJ.....No one is saying SW should be the same ol', same ol', we're here complaining because what they gave us was shit...especially the new characters, Rey, Fin, Poe, Rose, General purple, Snoke, Gen Hux and all the rest of them. Also because of they way they sent the old characters to their end.....it sucked big time. At least Rogue one had a good hook, it was directly related to new hope....and it was very nicely executed. No big premise, just get the plan to the Death Star, and it delivered that with a cool Shakespearean ending....killing everyone. Perfect! Now juxtapose that with Force Awakens....a complete rip off and basically retelling of The New Hope....after that the cluster fuck TLJ. Rise of the Skywalker was no better. Rogue one looks like Citizen Kane compared to those.

On paper, TLJ was everything I wanted in new star wars. They took the story in a new direction, explored new themes and let a talented movie maker make his movie without studio interference. The execution however, well, we got TLJ.

The problem now is, because they tried something different with TLJ and it failed so miserably, we can expect the same old star wars regurgitated for years to come. Ever wondered how C3P0 got that silver leg? What did Lobot do before he became Lando's man servant? Great news. Every meaningless back story will get its own tv show. Star wars supply of creativity is completely exhausted.

#4882 3 years ago

Johnson tried something different or went in a different direction by literally sh*ting on everything core fans hold dear. Luke was built up in the movies and in every canon and non canon installment to be a somewhat flawed but noble and strong character. Johnson turned him into a whiny bitch. You can't take a "different" direction by crapping on your core audience.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

2 weeks later
    #4967 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

An hour and a half?!?!?!?

You never seen a plinkett review?

1 month later
    #5018 3 years ago

Boba Fett armor and puffy shirts don't mix

#5025 3 years ago

Stuff i remember, season 2.

Nostalgia is my problem with star wars. Do something new that doesn't suck.

1 week later
    #5031 3 years ago

So apparently being pissed that baby Yoda ate that lizard lady's eggs is a thing.

https://www.slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-responds-to-backlash-over-baby-yoda-eating-eggs-in-the-mandalorian/

#5034 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I agree, its like they want to confuse us about the baby yoda character.
    Maybe they are subtly hinting at a dark side of the force conundrum?

I think that's a stretch. I don't think it was more than a running gag.

2 weeks later
    #5047 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I love how all of you were all "this is shit", "fan service nostalgia" and whatnot.
    Season 2 is way, way better!

I still think its fan service nostalgia. And I'm disappointed it now has lightsabers in it.

#5050 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You realize the only thing that separates Star Wars from other science fiction is lightsabers right?
    It’s like saying you’re disappointed that Star Trek has transporters.

You realize that's horseshit, right? The seedy underbelly/gangster/bounty hunter side of star wars could be brilliant. Jedi are boring. Lightsabers are boring. The fucking Empire is boring. It's dangling a shiny object in front of fanboys. This universe is supposedly so grand, yet all we can muster is lightsabers and jedi and the empire, rinse, repeat. I'm sure a Darth Vader cameo is coming soon.

4 weeks later
    #5101 3 years ago

Did Linda Carter literally wink at the camera?

3 weeks later
    #5127 3 years ago

I believe Wandavision is a result of her being so broken up about visions death, she unknowingly created an alternate reality of her own where he is still alive.

1 week later
    #5145 3 years ago

Speaking of excellent scifi shows, Babylon 5 is streaming in hbo max

1 week later
    #5151 3 years ago

I don't understand why it's so hard to keep politics out of your work/business. She was set up pretty well for a washed up fighter who's a mediocre actor. Now she's going to get black listed pretty badly for this.

It's like watching the My Pillow guy slowly destroy his and his employees careers.

#5156 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

The common thread is that neither one them is Mensa material. They should stick to what they know. Facts are often persistent pests.

Very true

3 weeks later
    #5172 3 years ago

My biggest complaint was why use the guy from the xmen movies to play her brother, only to have zero payoff?

#5180 3 years ago

So I was just reading through the YouTube comment section for the newest Justice league trailer. Man o' man, DC fans are worse than star wars fans as far as blindly accepting whatever garbage is thrown at them.

#5182 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, I read not much is changed with the extra footage....that movie was a mess.

Apparently Darkseid has been added, so fanboy orgasms.

#5190 3 years ago

The problem imo, isn't just Snyder's take on the franchise, story and script. His overall style of filmmaking is terrible. Everything is a dark, depressing, miserable looking mess, run through a blue filter. He's the most visually uninspiring filmmaker I can think of.

For the life of me, I just can't figure out why they keep handing him the keys to the DC franchise...

#5206 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Snyder always puts visuals over story. Visuals drive his movies.

Which is funny, because his movies look like a dark, miserable CG nightmare.

2 months later
    #5257 2 years ago

Lucas is like 87 years old and a multi billionaire. He ain't directing shit.

#5264 2 years ago

Listen up, nerds. The sequel trilogy being awful does not somehow make the prequels good. They are still the steaming hot, poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed flaming pile of dog shit they always were. It makes me scratch my head in confusion when you guys get a lump in your pants over the thought of Lucas coming back to direct a re-do of the last 3 movies. Like there's any chance that they would be even remotely competent on any level.

2 months later
    #5313 2 years ago

Judging by the way they did black widow, you're paying 30 bucks.

9 months later
    #5457 1 year ago

I was actually liking obi-wan until I realized the show is going to revolve around a stupid fucking kid doing stupid fucking things to advance the stupid fucking plot.

#5460 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It always amazes me that people are shocked by Star Wars sucking

"Daddy gets paid."
    I have to watch this before the Fake George Lucas reacts</blockquote

It always amazes me that people are shocked by Star Wars sucking

"Daddy gets paid."
    I have to watch this before the Fake George Lucas reacts

I'm not shocked. Star wars has sucked since 99. I'm just amazed how easily they keep fucking it up.

#5466 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Interesting take there bud
    SPOILERS!
    I did not see that plot line coming. I wasn't sure what the story would be to get him off-world. But I enjoyed the idea & it actually makes sense. Why is she so fond of Obiwan in Ep IV? This is story is the reason.
    This is a heavily produced Kennedy Project. So I'm not surprised they showcased her & repeatedly emphasized how strong & smart she was as a child. Did it get to be a bit too much by the end of Episode 2? Yes it sure did. But here's the good news. Looks like they are past that now. He has to get back to Tatooine. Can't have a second Star Wars show about a hero with a child in tow.
    Show should shift & focus on Vader & his Inquistors hunt of Obiwan now. He just realized Anakin is still alive after 10 years. That's a huge mindfuck for him. Because the ultimate narrative of the show is showing Obiwan's progression from a broken man in hiding for 10 years, with no confidence in himself, running from his failures, desperately calling on Qui-Gon for guidance.....to facing his failures, confronting his past (Vader), resolving his fears, and becoming the zen Jedi master of Episode IV.
    I think they nailed Obiwan's state of mind in Episode 1. I want to see him reconnect with the force & Qui-Gon. I want to see the inner politics of the Vader's Inquisitors & how that plays out. I want to see Vader's Castle and how he reacts when he's told that he's been found. I want to see some real emotional drama & lightsaber action. The kiddie adventure is over, and I'm glad it only lasted one episode.
    Also liked seeing Temuera Morrison as the down-and-out Clone Trooper begging for credits too.
    Everyone loves to rush to judgement these days. Gotta let the story play out IMO.

Bud,

Did you and I watch two different Star Wars? She wasn't the least bit fond of Obi-Wan in the movie. He was just some old guy her dad knew before she was born. Leia couldn't care less when he was killed. After this, its too bad in the original movie she didn't slap a big kiss on his cheek and call him uncle Obi. Its absolutely lazy writing and fan pandering on a pathetic level.

Why does this show exist in the first place? The whole point in Star Wars was that him and Vader hadn't seen each other in decades. Tarkin thought he was long since dead. I guess its all ok as long as they have a cool lightsaber fight. The Stars Wars universe could've been vast and expansive. Instead, its small, with the same characters being rehashed to death.

6 months later
    #5494 1 year ago

Andor was surprisingly not shitty, given he was the most uninteresting character of the most uninteresting star wars movie.

2 months later
    #5497 1 year ago

So, kinda related...

I watched the first episode of Picard season 3. Because I apparently hate myself. I swore I wasn't going to watch it, after the chalky, dried dog shit that was the first 2 seasons. But, after reports of the show being handed over to a showrunner that actually likes star trek and glowing reviews from sources who's word I trust, I decided to try it.

And...i liked it. I'd actually go so far as to say it was good. And not just good by comparison to the previous seasons, but actually good good. I felt like I was watching real star trek again. Picard acted like the Picard from TNG, not some whimsical old man. The characters made real decisions based on common sense and logic, not just to blindly move the clunky plot along. Hell, they even got the music right.

I feel like I need a shower after saying this, but I actually want to watch more.

#5504 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Hmm, season 2 was soooo bad though…

I know man. I feel dirty even recommending anyone watch S3, but it was surprisingly decent.

#5509 1 year ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

On a Star WARS Note:
    Mando 3 is RIGHT around the corner....
    Thoughts??

Looks like baby yoda's dialed to the max.

#5521 1 year ago

The marvel movies have definitely dropped in quality since endgame. It's not just you.

2 weeks later
    #5550 1 year ago

I like the part where "strong female character" showed up to do everything better than the guy who the show's about.

1 week later
    #5578 1 year ago

I literally laughed at the screen when live action jar jar showed up. It was intended to be a "badass" scene that like most star wars product of recent years turned into unintentional comedy.

Meanwhile, and I still can't believe I'm saying this, Picard S3 continue to be what's probably the best star trek of the last 25 years.

1 week later
    #5601 1 year ago

I love how every so often, a handful of people wonder into this thread, shocked and outraged that(insert current star wars product) is no good. Star wars has been dog shit for a quarter of a century now. It's dead. The corpse is stinking up the joint and Disney ain't reviving it.

#5603 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait i thought we were supposed to act like Disney was the one that ruined it?!?!

Lucas botched his own creation long before the mouse bought it.

#5609 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sandman33:

I did not like the prequels. Any of them. But they were still far....FAR better than any of the Disney garbage.

It's six of one, half dozen of another. None of it is watchable. None of it is memorable, or at least memorable in the way they wanted it to be. This whole fucking franchise is propped up on the back of the empire strikes back. Yeah, there's been a small handful of almost competent releases since then, but nothing amazing. Certainly nothing that will be considered a classic in years time. They need to let it die off for a few years and try(and fail) again.

But God damn. Star wars fans are like a battered wife. Always making excuses. No, this time it's going to be different. The last 20 attempts have been garbage, but this time they really mean it. They brought in this guy and that guy. They're making it about that awesome character from some fucking book. It'll be great. Star wars loves me. It won't hurt me again.

#5627 1 year ago

At least one of the three new movies are being directed by the lady who did Ms Marvel, so you know it'll be good.

Woof.

#5639 1 year ago

Of course the trailer looks awesome. That's it's job. If you judge everything by how great the trailer is, then every movie and show since the phantom menace has been amazing. Gullible fucks.

#5644 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

My biggest problem with the prequel trilogy is that Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith mad Obi Wan and to a lesser extent, Yoda out to be simps.
    I can understand how a younger Obi Wan in The Phantom Menace might not have been as likely to sense it, but God Damn! In Episode II and III had did either Obi Wan or Yoda Not EVEN sense that Palpatine was strong with the force, let alone the Dark Side?!? Or that Anakin was moving to the dark side?

The prequels really expose what a mediocre filmmaker and writer Lucas is when no one's holding his hand. It drives me nuts when people pull the ol "the prequels ain't so bad after watching the sequels" crap. No, they're still bad. They're still really fucking bad.

#5669 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Holy shit Picard....wow...all my minds have been blown

That was such blatant nostalgia bait, but damn if it didn't hit me right in the feels...

#5671 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The funny part is this is all low hanging fruit; but I never saw any of it cumming.

Same. When they got to the museum and the doors started to open, I thought "there's no way"...

1 week later
    #5709 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That sucked too. Have no idea why people think it's good....bunch of shit.

Rogue One is SW stuff I remember: the movie. It's a big budget fan film, with the most boring, depressing characters I think I've ever seen on screen. Take away the fan service and you're not left with much. Even the "so totally awesome" Darth Vader scene at the end was dumb.

#5719 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Y’all are on some crazy pills. That scene was incredible. Vader doing Vader things will always be awesome to me.

Except he wasn't doing Vader things. Vader things would've been to stay back calling the shots, while the expendable troopers go in and do the grunt work.

2 months later
    #5732 9 months ago

Nope. I'm done with Disney teabagging franchises I used to enjoy.

#5739 9 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's all I really wanted to see. 80 year old Ford in this rocking chair, grandkids finds his whips in an old trunk & some hidden relic that Indy held onto since WWII. Kids starts asking questions, old Indy starts telling an old story how he acquire the relic. Movie jumps to 2 hour flashback with de-aged Harrison Ford on another Nazi adventure. That could have been incredible.
    Don't need to see 70+ year old actor stars, since it's just completely unbelievable. Somebody should tell Liam Neeson he needs to stop with the ridiculous action movies too.

You could make it believable with some younger sidekicks doing the heavy lifting while indy does the problem solving. I think they handled 75 year old Harrison Ford really well in the blade runner sequel.

My problem(or biggest problem) with this movie and everything Disney's Lucasfilm has done to date is the older character is constantly outshined and belittled by the smarter, younger, more awesome female girl boss. Because you can't have the man teaching, or doing anything better then the woman in movies anymore.

3 weeks later
    #5779 9 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Yep. They killed the nostalgia golden goose over time with badly written stories, little respect for legacy characters, and too much of it overall. The marvel/sw content got worse and now people are just burned out.
    They made out ok, no tears for Disney.

Don't forget an overdose of identity politics...

3 weeks later
    #5798 8 months ago

"And probably the main gripe: How many more times to we have to see someone get stabbed in the gut with a lightsaber only to survive! Reva was stabbed TWICE on the Obiwan show, the Inquistor was stabbed, and now Sabine. All fine! Nothing to see here. Filoni should have known better. A strong force choke or a punch to the face could have accomplished the same thing"

Fucking Darth Maul was cut in half and thrown down an endless pit and survived. Same with the Emperor. When the people involved are too bad at their jobs to create interesting, new characters, you gotta keep the ones you got ready to come back are a moments notice.

#5809 8 months ago

I watched the first two episodes. Not bad, not amazing. They could easy cut ten+ minutes from each episode. Each scene felt like it drug on for way too long, with lots of scenes of people sitting and flying ships, asking for permission to land, walking from point a to point b....

I was surprised they actually had purple haired girl get her ass kicked, although it was by another girl, so I guess it's ok.

1 week later
    #5828 7 months ago

The show is five pounds of shit in a ten pound bag. Nothing but filler and the few scraps of actually plot that don't exist to pad the runtime aren't especially compelling. Maybe people will finally fuck off with the "Dave Filoni is the savior of Star a wars" nonsense they've been spewing for the last several years.

#5837 7 months ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

at the end of the day, bad star wars is still better than no star wars.

Bad star wars is not a good thing. Bad star wars has devalued the brand to the point that no one cares. Star wars had become saturated with so much bad product, that is just not special anymore. New show? No one really cares. New movie? No one really cares.

As far as Filoni having the chops with the animated shows... Goofy, bad ideas are a lot less noticable in animated form. You're more accepting of awful ideas like hyperspace space whales in a cartoon. In live action, it's stupidity really slaps you in the face.

#5838 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm trying to stay positive about Ahsoka. But it feels like an endless cycle of self-induced pain, because besides Andor & Rogue One, every Disney live-action endeavor has ultimately been a letdown.
    I feel like I'm bipolar watching this stuff. I want to like it so much, then common sense takes over. That 3rd episode felt like a textbook Filloni cartoon episode..... a bunch of filler action sequences with absolutely zero at stake. Lots going on, yet practically no excitement generated. Rinse & repeat each week while the overarching story just crawls along. Only a few episodes in, so it has to play out further. I'm hoping the introduction of more characters & the story progression will make things more interesting, because I've had enough of the sedated Ahsoka/wildchild Sabine dynamic.
    I think that's the other problem with this show. If a viewer hasn't watched Rebels or Clone Wars, then it's practically impossible to get them to care & invest in these characters with 40 minute run times & 7 episode seasons. I'm already preparing myself to be extremely let down by the live-action version of Thrawn. He cannot possibly match fan expectations from 30+ years of Timothy Zahn novels. And are Filloni & Rosario Dawson actually forcing me to dislike Ahsoka??? If they end up doing that, then they completely blew it.
    Andor (and Rogue One) worked so well IMO because they gave creative freedom to a Lucasfilm outsider (Tony Gilroy) & let him create a non-conventional SW property. And the fact the themes & target audience was focused on adult viewers.

Both of your points tie into each other. They're relying on the audience to watch two animated shows to understand what's going on, all while padding the show with more filler than a gas station crab cake. They could've solved both of these issues in one go: cut the fat and replace it with world building to explain the events leading up to the show. Instead, we get 20 minutes of two soggy sandwiches of characters slapping sticks together.

#5847 7 months ago

That sounds so bad it's amazing.

Honestly, I consider star wars too far gone to be saved at this point. The only thing I really look forward to is seeing just how far down the shitter it can go.

#5851 7 months ago

Doesn't help that Dawson looks pretty awkward swinging a lightsaber around. But hell, that's the least if this shows problems

This whole episode was probably the most filler heavy yet. Light saber fight, bad guys escape, roll credits.

I keep thinking of a line from the very first Mr Plinkett Star Wars review: "how can you screw up Star Wars so bad? It's like making mashed potatoes. You boil the water. You open the packet..."

#5855 7 months ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Next Episode: Weird time travel shit happens, there's a shark, Anakin doesn't turn evil, the republic never fails, Anakin & Natalie Portman have (1) baby, a girl named Leia, she's a badass female Jedi, a win for the girl bosses, Luke never exists, Rey never exists(thank the lord), the original trilogy doesn't exist. Everyone wins. Let's just go full dumpster with this shit & stop pretending any of it is remotely good. It's all dog shit including Andor.
    I'll watch it next Tuesday regardless. I'm hooked.

I like the cut of your jib.

1 week later
    #5859 7 months ago

I don't think he did a good job on episode 5.

Pointless Anakin flashback just to have an excuse to bring Christensen back. More walking. More dumb kid. More long, pretentious shots to fill time...and then, possibly the dumbest thing I've seen in a franchise that is overflowing with dumb shit: traveling to another galaxy in the mouth of an intergalactic space whale.

What was the point of green lady/worst parent ever coming with a squad of x wings, just to turn around and go back after achieving nothing? Fucking wheel spinning.

This episode was what, 40-50 minutes? All that time to just set up that they're following the bad guys.

Literally 5 minutes of plot spread out over an entire episode.

This show is dumb as fuck.

#5867 7 months ago

Shit like this is kinda why I hope the writers lose their asses with this strike.

#5880 7 months ago

My favorite part was when the bad guy Jedis are like "ughhh witchcraft". They literally move things with their minds, but when these chicks do it, it's the dark arts.

That and the intimidating side shot of Thrawns beer gut as he's walking up the aisle. The stormtroopers may be going to shit while stranded on this planet, but he ain't missing seconds.

Other thoughts:
    -why are the stormtroopers so dirty? White plastic has to be pretty easy to clean.
    -why is Thrawn wasting resources to follow and kill Sabine/Ezra? Just leave them. They're in another fucking galaxy.
    -how do space witches from another galaxy speak English?

I'm still convinced this is Star Wars for stupid people.

#5881 7 months ago

And I also get a good laugh at the people speculating that Ezra is going to be some amazing badass. He's a male character in a 2023 Disney-Star Wars show. Of course he's going to simp for the female characters.

#5890 7 months ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

To answer your questions.....
    I believe the stormtrooper are actually dead troopers, brought to life by the witch sisters. They were probably buried and brought back to life afterwards, thus showing the dirty armor.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard, in a franchise that's been pumping consistent dumb shit for decades.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I love all the constant hate watching folks do for Star Wars.

Star Wars is and has always been fantasy, it's not sci fi. George Lucas own words on the original screen treatment was that it's space fantasy, it's a series that revolves around literal space wizards. It's funny when people get uppity about when they do anything that is not "grounded" in star wars.
    But lol yea that tiny puppet guy lifts star fighters with his mind. That old dude shoots lightning out of his hands..... wait there is witches now?! HOLD UP.

Simply being fantasy is not a free pass for bad story telling. There's rules that have been pre-established in this universe and when you start going around those rules, you get shit like this. Now people take lightsabers to the chest like it's nothing. Now, you have space zombies and intergalactic space whales and people force throwing space ships. Because it looks cool.

And I could almost accept those things if the story was crafted by someone with talent, but it's not, which makes the stupidity glaringly obvious. That's the difference between this and the OT. Yes, it's ideas are dumb, but it doesn't matter, because it was made by people with talent, who could make the silliness work through good story telling.

If you like it, great. Watch it, love it. Roll your eyes at the people like me who can't blindly consume the sludge.

#5902 6 months ago

Lucas thought that Midichloreans, Jar Jar and "I don't like sand" were a good idea. Bad show is bad, despite who came up with the ideas.

1 week later
    #5931 6 months ago

Andor was decent. I'll give you that. Decent, but not amazing.

Rogue One was a complete soggy fart of a movie, with some of the most boring, miserable and forgettable characters I've seen in a major film. But, it had enough AT-ATs, X-Wings and Darth Vader swinging a lightsaber to make people think it's high art.

Mando had an ok 1st session and has been mediocre to awful since..

The misses far out weigh the hits here and the few hits there have been aren't good enough to offset the sludge pipe of content they've been pumping out.

#5934 6 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

They all die, you know that going in. Awful hard to get attached to characters when you know they are going to die and the movie was so padded you could have hacked a half hour out and no one would have noticed. People love R1 because it was the first movie after a long dry spell and Disney had not gone full bore stupid yet on the SW universe.
    Mando season one was 80% good with a few stinker episodes here in there, guest directors will get you that though along with uneven writing.

Problem is, they didn't even try. Even knowing they were going to die, you should've felt.... Something. Instead, two characters who's names you can't remember get blowed up and HEY LOOK IT'S DARTH VADER OMG AWESOME

I miss the time in the mid to late 80s, when there was no Star Wars. That was fun.

#5942 6 months ago

The Bothans found the Death Star 2 plans. They never mentioned who found the original DS plans in the OT They could've literally told any story they wanted as long someone got away with the plane in the end

1 month later
    #6031 4 months ago

Denial ain't just a river...

#6042 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I have heard from Dr who fans that they are going full on agenda pushing and has ruined it as well. Tired of good old classic stuff like original Scooby, Star Trek, Star Wars , dr who ,marvel stuff being thrown into this woke agenda pussywillow bullshit. If I want to watch gay performers and or ethnic actors I will seek it out and need it not pushed and force fed down my throat .
    Leave original content alone. Wtf
    Can’t people make new original shows or movies using nothing but ethnic and lgbt actors. ? You won’t see or hear me complaining that no straight Caucasian’s are not in it and hope they get great ratings! I wish all people good luck but leave my Straight white Superman and lex Luther alone . Ok

I watched the highlight reel of that episode and.... It was bad. Probably the worst pandering out of anything yet.

4 weeks later
    #6045 3 months ago

From the director of the next Star Wars/Rey film...

Screenshot_20240102-150218 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240102-150218 (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #6056 3 months ago

And with a move that absolutely no one saw coming, the Rey film has been delayed indefinitely.

Good work, Internet. Sometimes you aren't completely awful.

#6064 3 months ago

That artist is being generous to the prequels

#6080 89 days ago

KK will leave when she wants to leave. She's been around too long, knows too much and anyone in a position to fire her is on the same girl power/social justice trip that she is.

2 weeks later
    #6112 75 days ago

If you haven't cancelled D+, now's the time. Stop supporting these hacks.

4 weeks later
    #6163 46 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Meh. Lots of Corporate talk like "re-alighling", "rightsizing", "leveraging",etc.
    I don't see anything that targets the true reason for Disney's demise....

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ya the magic they want to bring back is clearly related to margins and profits. That is all MBA financial speak in those documents. Nothing related to the content or product.

Given what they're trying to do, releasing a report targeting Disney's agenda of puting gender and race ahead of storytelling would be a pretty poor way of going about things.

1 week later
    #6176 36 days ago

I'm calling it now... Female dark side user, finds her way back to the good side, since no woman can be truly evil in Disney Star Wars.

You'll have to let me know if I'm right since I cancelled D+ and won't be renewing it anytime soon.

2 weeks later
    #6203 19 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

True, but most movies from any era aren't going to look great held up next to Raiders. Raiders is one of the great adventure movies of all time and a stone cold classic. Spielberg and Ford both in peak form is basically unbeatable.
    The new one would probably look slightly better if you watch it right after Crystal Skull. Or Temple of Doom for that matter ...

The new movie makes Temple of Doom look like Citizen fucking Kane.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason43.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=Jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.