Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,233 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2827 Analysis worth watching. Posted by gdonovan (5 years ago)

Post #3520 Path to get Disney + discounted. Thanks @fosaisu Posted by fosaisu (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5387 2 years ago

I just finished the third book in the Thrawn prequel series Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil. It was the best of the series to me. It has me jumping right back in to the Thrawn series again with a renewed interest. They managed to do the prequel thing while adding a ton of character building and motivation outlining for Thrawn and many of the other characters.

Thrawn is due for some live action screen time. He is the best character the Star Wars franchise has going for it right now. Six canon novels, some smallish appearances in some of the CGI series stuff, and the shout out in Mando season 2. This dude is out there somewhere up to things. Lots of ways to go with his story.

#5410 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Amen to this. I wish I had time to read those Thrawn novels. I've heard nothing but good things.
    I think this is the Faverau/Filoni plan They are just taking baby steps, drawing out & building up the Thrawn story slowly over several shows. Faverau is a huge fan of deepfake tech. Great tool to tell more post-ROTJ stories (Luke's Jedi Academy, Mara Jade, Thrawn, reuniting Han & Luke onscreen, etc) that everyone assumed there was no chance of happening after Episodes 7-9. I'm all for it.
    Introducing live action Thrawn & Luke's Jedi academy over the next 5 years of Disney+ will make everyone forget about the Rey Trilogy. Thrawn is one hell of a great character.

Highly recommend the audio books. The narrator does a nice job with using different voices for the characters. He also does each of the books so there is no changes or differences through the whole set.

#5421 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

This just came out today
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/boba-fett-creators-may-have-just-revealed-major-cameos/amp
    A new interview with director Robert Rodriguez and producer/writer Dave Filoni seems to suggest that The Book of Boba Fett will have non-stop cameos, and also span the entire Star Wars saga. Wild speculation ahead!
    THE CASE FOR FLASHBACKS IN THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT
    Although we’ve assumed that the majority of The Book of Boba Fett will, like The Mandalorian, take place nine years after the Battle of Yavin, there’s nothing stopping the series from doing extensive flashbacks to other moments in Boba Fett’s life. Fett never took his helmet off in the classic films, so it would be very easy for Lucasfilm to facilitate time jumps. No deepfakes. No CGI de-aging. Just leave his helmet on! Like Darth Vader crashing Rogue One, Boba Fett can appear in any era of Star Wars simply because he’s most recognizable when we don’t see his face.
    This fact, combined with the word “book” in the title of the new show, makes it feel very possible that we could be looking at a series that spans Boba Fett’s life, not just his machinations post-Return of the Jedi. One comment from Dave Filoni seems to double-down on that idea, and tease the possibility of huge cameos from classic characters.
    “Boba gives us a direct connection to the Star Wars saga since he was involved in that story...This creates a nice crossover point for both classic characters and new characters. Much of The Mandalorian was new or had not been seen onscreen. Through Boba Fett, we can weave some of those characters and tales together using a character we know but don’t know a lot about.”

I am good with that. New story stuff about taking the hut palace is cool and all too. I would rather see interesting story nuggets touching other planets and filling in gaps closer to the OT though.

1 year later
    #5570 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Maul was legendary. He got 4 minutes screen time, and ibhad to watch 10 of Galactic Senate meetings. I've sat thru A LOT of government meetings in my life, I dont need them in SW

Can't wait for Mando to get a heapin helpin of trade federation before this season ends

#5574 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Go back & watch Mando S1E1, then rewatch Mando S3E4. Show has completely 180 shifted its tone.
    It was cool following a badass bounty hunter. Now I don't know WTF the show is. Bounty hunter sees the light, seeks redemption. I'd rather watch Boba Fett in ESB just standing around & looking cool AF for 60 minutes. Or finally seeing Cad Bane in the flesh, then only to be killed in the next episode. Absurd.
    And btw, the last episode was 32 minutes. They can't even fill out a season's worth of 45 minute+ full episode content. Can't blame them I guess, when really nothing important is going on.
    They rushed the story. Moved way too fast. Suffers as a result. Filoni can't help himself by turning anything he's involved with into one of his kiddie content cartoons. Ashoka show will really show who is running this fluff writing. Is it Filoni or is it Faveraeu?

Grogu made him soft man.

I am excited about Thrawn. He is right there with Vader of my favorite "bad guy" characters.

3 weeks later
    #5675 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Cliff notes for those who want to catch up on Ahsoka’s backstory this summer…
    [quoted image]

I get that folks love the now legends Thrawn stuff, but why not the canon stuff? He has 6 books now!

5 months later
    #5872 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

retconning the post-ROTJ time period & making Kennedy's Rey Trilogy forgotten

Wishful thinking. They will continue to produce stuff banking on the folks who grew up on the prequels until they can milk out all of the folks who grew up on the sequels then rinse, repeat.

2 weeks later
    #5914 6 months ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Question from the uninformed: Does Thrawn know the emperor is dead?

I don't think there is any canon stuff about thrawn after the whale crap happened until this current show content.

#5920 6 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

It's been a long time but in the books I'm pretty sure he knew the emperor was dead, hence "long live the empire"

Maybe that is from the now legends books? In the new six books the three are before he meets the empire, then there are three of him in the empire. All are before the empire falls/palps gets tossed by vader.

#5922 6 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

In the original books he had been banished out to the outer rim due to the emperor despising non-humans. He still rose up through the ranks despite this. I'm pretty sure he is aware the emperor is dead and wishes to restore the empire from the republic.

Ya, I am sure he knows as he has whatsherface morgan giving him the scoop. It just wasn't specifically shown on screen.

1 month later
    #5951 5 months ago

They took Thrawn, a dude interesting enough to get a trilogy in the EU, then another 6 books in the new canon, and didn't do a lick with him in his live action debut... Waste

#5954 5 months ago

Watch the 'FAN (CONCEPT) Trailer Concept' For Star Wars: Episode X - NEW JEDI ORDER (May 2026) (More Info About This Video Down Below!)

#5955 5 months ago

Hey Deac, I got a great deal for you and you alone, its a bridge... a really nice bridge.... some would say it is even famous!

4 months later
    #6161 41 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Meh. Lots of Corporate talk like "re-alighling", "rightsizing", "leveraging",etc.
    I don't see anything that targets the true reason for Disney's demise....

Ya the magic they want to bring back is clearly related to margins and profits. That is all MBA financial speak in those documents. Nothing related to the content or product.

1 week later
    #6173 32 days ago

Did y'all read any of the high Republic stuff? I read a few books and threw in the towel. Jedi jumping off of ships falling hundreds of feet and landing just fine is one of the ridiculous things that they were tossing in. The big bads weren't sith, they were basically pirates with fancy hyperspace travel due to zombie force sensitive captives. They tied them into one of the naboo royal families.... Way more problems than I am describing, but don't wanna write a book.

#6178 31 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you want good Star Wars books read the Thrawn trilogy. Considered non cannon now but pretty much all the non sucky parts of newer Star Wars are lifted from here.[quoted image]

Either in this thread or maybe another I have waxed poetic on the Thrawn topic. He is my favorite character. All based on books. I haven't watched the animated stuff. Not thrilled about the live action adaptation... that was pretty much a no from me bro.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers?tu=DudeRegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.