Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,192 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png
    c70f2c8a4c529e76 (resized).png
    heather-michele-orourke_214479_5_full (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 124.
    #4851 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Disney reported last week losing 4 billion in last quarter.
    The train is fine.

Yeah?...well, look at the peers in the movie biz, theme park and hotel biz. it's all covid..not the business plan or execution. Also if the company was losing it's ass the stock wouldn't be up 30 percent in the last 3 months. WS analyst are saying the streaming service will be only be second to Netflix.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/disney-streaming-subscribers-shows-massive-growth.html

Quote:

A few things worth highlighting: First, it’s not that easy to get subscribers. Just
    ask Quibi. HBO Max signed up about 4 million new subscribers in its first two months. Compare that to Disney+, which signed up about 10 million in its first 24 hours. LightShed analyst Rich Greenfield noted that it

it took hulu over 8 years to get to 13 million total subs
    it took @Netflix nearly 8 years to add 13 million subs in one year

Disney CEO Bob Chapek said Tuesday that Disney+ now has more than 60 million subscribers

#4852 3 years ago

How many subscribers is Disney keeping though? We subscribed, watched the Mandalorian , and cancelled. I won’t be signing up again for season 2 , the last 2 episodes of season one were so bad I completely lost any interest in the show. It is a shame the episodes leading up to the last two were pretty good. Usually when a good show ends for the season it leaves you wanting more. When Mandalorian finished the first season I was left with the feeling that I don’t need to ever watch the show again.

#4853 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah?...well, look at the peers in the movie biz, theme park and hotel biz. it's all covid..not the business plan or execution. Also if the company was losing it's ass the stock wouldn't be up 30 percent in the last 3 months. WS analyst are saying the streaming service will be only be second only to Netflix.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/disney-streaming-subscribers-shows-massive-growth.html
    Quote:
    A few things worth highlighting: First, it’s not that easy to get subscribers. Just
    ask Quibi. HBO Max signed up about 4 million new subscribers in its first two months. Compare that to Disney+, which signed up about 10 million in its first 24 hours. LightShed analyst Rich Greenfield noted that it
    it took hulu over 8 years to get to 13 million total subs
    it took @Netflix nearly 8 years to add 13 million subs in one year
    Disney CEO Bob Chapek said Tuesday that Disney+ now has more than 60 million subscribers

1) Enron was doing awesome right before it crashed.

2) Disney is projected to lose billions on their 3 streaming services this year.

#4854 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

1) Enron was doing awesome right before it crashed.
    2) Disney is projected to lose billions on their 3 streaming services this year.

Enron..really? That what Disney is to you. Oh boy ..OK, I guess I'll try and get out from under it on Monday before they file for bankruptcy.

#4855 3 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

How many subscribers is Disney keeping though? We subscribed, watched the Mandalorian , and cancelled. I won’t be signing up again for season 2 , the last 2 episodes of season one were so bad I completely lost any interest in the show. It is a shame the episodes leading up to the last two were pretty good. Usually when a good show ends for the season it leaves you wanting more. When Mandalorian finished the first season I was left with the feeling that I don’t need to ever watch the show again.

I kept my subscription. Not for anything star wars related, but for the classic Disney movies and shows, entire fox library, old marvel shows and cartoons etc. There is actually a decent amount of good content with their service.

#4856 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Enron..really? That what Disney is to you. Oh boy ..OK, I guess I'll try and get out from under it on Monday before they file for bankruptcy.

Your opinion of Enron is formed after the fact, they were very well regarded before they imploded.

Disney has a lot of overhead, several credit agencies have already noted they are at risk. Losing billions and billions month after month with currently no end in sight does not bode well.

#4857 3 years ago

Rogue one series update! Tony Gilroy will be the show runner...this is the best news and probably the best talent to helm anything SW in a long ass time.
    Gilroy has written a lot of great movies, his first directorial feature Micheal Clayton was nominated for 7 academy awards, he also wrote and directed Bourne Legacy.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/6-undergrounds-adria-arjona-disney-plus-rogue-one-diego-luna-1203008549/

Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is set to write the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. He is also serving as series show-runner.

The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of Rogue One in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show had been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it first were revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.

#4858 3 years ago

Rogue one was mediocre fan service at best and that Andor character was about as interesting as watching paint dry. Why would you want to watch a show that focuses on his continuing adventures?

#4859 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Rogue one series update! Tony Gilroy will be the show runner...this is the best news and probably the best talent to helm anything SW in a long ass time.
    Gilroy has written a lot of great movies, his first directorial feature Micheal Clayton was nominated for 7 academy awards, he also wrote and directed Bourne Legacy.
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/6-undergrounds-adria-arjona-disney-plus-rogue-one-diego-luna-1203008549/
    Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is set to write the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. He is also serving as series show-runner.
    The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of Rogue One in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show had been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it first were revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.

I wish I could he excited about this, but Rogue One is another Star Wars movie I'd be fine with not existing, yet alone further adventures of dull dude and awkward yet quirky robot.

#4860 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I wish I could he excited about this, but Rogue One is another Star Wars movie I'd be fine with not existing, yet alone further adventures of dull dude and awkward yet quirky robot.

It only gets respect because everything else Star Wars sucks.

#4861 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Rogue one was mediocre fan service at best and that Andor character was about as interesting as watching paint dry. Why would you want to watch a show that focuses on his continuing adventures?

What, you're not fired up to watch a prequel to a prequel?

I just hope they find a way to squeeze in some more Vader battle sequences making use of modern technology. Those are fun in small doses and were the best part of a relatively unexciting movie IMO.

#4862 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

It sure beat Avengers for me....Please no more magic stones, golden gauntlet and time travel.

#4863 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

It sure beat Avengers for me....Please no more magic stones, golden gauntlet and time travel.

Those were just adequate as well..!

#4864 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Those were just adequate as well..!

Yep....Infinity War made 2.3 billion and Endgame made 2.8 Billion...so clearly a lot knuckleheads out there who are willing to shell out cash for mediocrity

#4865 3 years ago

On a side note, apparently there's some comic out there now that explains who caught Luke's lightsaber in empire. So there's that.

#4866 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yep....Infinity War made 2.3 billion and Endgame made 2.8 Billion...so clearly a lot knuckleheads out there who are willing to shell out cash for mediocrity

Trillions of Big Macs sold, don't make it the best burger on average, and Gone with the Wind did insane numbers 80 years ago.

Black Panther and Wonder Woman did magical numbers, and those aren't even excellent action films.

#4867 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

On a side note, apparently there's some comic out there now that explains who caught Luke's lightsaber in empire. So there's that.

Never try to catch a falling knife, they said ...

#4868 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Tough crowd

Why would some one want to watch a TV show about the birth of the Rebellion, and how that ties into the Rebels cartoon & its characters, expands on the backstory of Andor & K2S0, during the period when the Empire was just beginning to tighten its grip on the galaxy, while Darth Vader was running around in his prime kicking serious ass? Also a spy show that’s not focused on the usual force & lightsaber tropes? What’s not to like here?

I’ve always said the period between Ep3 & Ep4 is fertile ground for exploration. The Obiwan show takes place during this period as well. Still lots of stories to be told.

#4869 3 years ago

Because:
    1. Andor is a shit character
    2. Enough fucking prequels
    3. Enough fucking Vader

The fact that everything star wars revolves around preexisting stories and characters is one of my major beefs with the franchise. There is no originality. Just nostalgia. We don't need a back story to every character. You know what Obi Wan was doing on tattooine for all those years? Nothing. And that's the point. Him having adventures defeats the purpose. Show me something new. Are you telling me that this universe isn't big enough that we can't focus on a story that doesn't involve old characters and scenarios?

#4870 3 years ago

Always been the problem. Smallest universe in the universe.

Quoted from Jason43:

Just horrible

#4871 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Because:
    2. Enough fucking prequels
    3. Enough fucking Vader
    The fact that everything star wars revolves around preexisting stories and characters is one of my major beefs with the franchise. There is no originality. Just nostalgia. We don't need a back story to every character. You know what Obi Wan was doing on tattooine for all those years? Nothing. And that's the point. Him having adventures defeats the purpose. Show me something new. Are you telling me that this universe isn't big enough that we can't focus on a story that doesn't involve old characters and scenarios?

Funny, Rian Johnson thought that too and then he gave us TLJ.....No one is saying SW should be the same ol', same ol', we're here complaining because what they gave us was shit...especially the new characters, Rey, Fin, Poe, Rose, General purple, Snoke, Gen Hux and all the rest of them. Also because of they way they sent the old characters to their end.....it sucked big time. At least Rogue one had a good hook, it was directly related to new hope....and it was very nicely executed. No big premise, just get the plan to the Death Star, and it delivered that with a cool Shakespearean ending....killing everyone. Perfect! Now juxtapose that with Force Awakens....a complete rip off and basically retelling of The New Hope....after that the cluster fuck TLJ. Rise of the Skywalker was no better. Rogue one looks like Citizen Kane compared to those.

#4872 3 years ago

I still haven't watched all of the rise of skywalker. I had to force myself twice to sit through the first half.
    Congrats Disney, well done.

#4873 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Funny, Rian Johnson thought that too and then he gave us TLJ.....No one is saying SW should be the same ol', same ol', we're here complaining because what they gave us was shit...especially the new characters, Rey, Fin, Poe, Rose, General purple, Snoke, Gen Hux and all the rest of them. Also because of they way they sent the old characters to their end.....it sucked big time. At least Rogue one had a good hook, it was directly related to new hope....and it was very nicely executed. No big premise, just get the plan to the Death Star, and it delivered that with a cool Shakespearean ending....killing everyone. Perfect! Now juxtapose that with Force Awakens....a complete rip off and basically retelling of The New Hope....after that the cluster fuck TLJ. Rise of the Skywalker was no better. Rogue one looks like Citizen Kane compared to those.

A less smelly turd....is still a turd.

I think it's the same mentality that people have towards the Prequels. Filling in spots, better left to the imagination.

And seriously, from what I remember of Rogue One, watched it once, the middle section felt pretty meaningless and a slog. And that's after starting with an incredibly gratuitous hero as child sequence, then Tatooine gratuitous junk.

Then end it with more fan service.

If Rogue One was the cream, can we just butcher the cow already???

#4874 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

A less smelly turd....is still a turd.
    I think it's the same mentality that people have towards the Prequels. Filling in spots, better left to the imagination.
    And seriously, from what I remember of Rogue One, watched it once, the middle section felt pretty meaningless and a slog. And that's after starting with an incredibly gratuitous hero as child sequence, then Tatooine gratuitous junk.
    Then end it with more fan service.
    If Rogue One was the cream, can we just butcher the cow already???

Yes...yes, I got it...hamburgers, turds..it's all relative. I think it's prima facie just by the fact we're discussing a space opera with a green swamp character and villains in masks.

#4875 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Tough crowd
    Why would some one want to watch a TV show about the birth of the Rebellion, and how that ties into the Rebels cartoon & its characters, expands on the backstory of Andor & K2S0, during the period when the Empire was just beginning to tighten its grip on the galaxy, while Darth Vader was running around in his prime kicking serious ass? Also a spy show that’s not focused on the usual force & lightsaber tropes? What’s not to like here?
    I’ve always said the period between Ep3 & Ep4 is fertile ground for exploration. The Obiwan show takes place during this period as well. Still lots of stories to be told.

Depends if you're a history buff or an explorer. Anything prequel related - you know the outcome. So you are a diehard star wars fan who appreciates filling in the full historic details in great clarity.

But a bunch of other people like the exploration of a new story, new characters where they don't know the outcome. Who lives who dies who's father is who's father.

Exploring the history in great detail often drives divisiveness though. People have filled in the gaps with their own beliefs and backstories and are now being told "this is the way it happened". Some will be happy and some won't.

Personally I'd much rather see Ezra, Ahsoka and Thrawn in the Unkown Regions than a history lesson - but to each their own.

And at some point the well dries up. Vader and Skywalker are great characters but can only be developed so far. Comics got around this with multiverse and time travel concepts. Star Wars has already dabbled in time travel in Rebels.......had to resort to clones in the last movie. The Star Wars universe is infinite with so many story opportunities. IMHO - time to put the trilogy era and characters to rest for a while.

#4876 3 years ago

Are you guys still complaining about Star Trek movies in here or what?!

#4877 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

Are you guys still complaining about Star Trek movies in here or what?!

_nnrfvXSiw7yevGoWgGU7Jj4tS5jcpXNhFtxMqKd1jk (resized).jpg_nnrfvXSiw7yevGoWgGU7Jj4tS5jcpXNhFtxMqKd1jk (resized).jpgrV6OC (resized).pngrV6OC (resized).png
    #4878 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yes...yes, I got it...hamburgers, turds..it's all relative. I think it's prima facie just by the fact we're discussing a space opera with a green swamp character and villains in masks.

Turdburgers, to be precise. Green one's at that!

But.............

If we're going to default to minimize the effect of this series, I'd say it needs to be hatcheted due to the fact that it's entirely lost it's way of the core Joseph Campbell themes that were somewhat prominent in Lucas' movies.

Since his films, these things have either resorted to filling in unnecessary story blanks, or making three films that had no direction, no cohesion, and no hero's journey that felt prominent or of any discernible value.

#4879 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

On paper, TLJ was everything I wanted in new star wars. They took the story in a new direction, explored new themes and let a talented movie maker make his movie without studio interference. The execution however, well, we got TLJ.

The problem now is, because they tried something different with TLJ and it failed so miserably, we can expect the same old star wars regurgitated for years to come. Ever wondered how C3P0 got that silver leg? What did Lobot do before he became Lando's man servant? Great news. Every meaningless back story will get its own tv show. Star wars supply of creativity is completely exhausted.

#4880 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

They took the story in a new direction, explored new themes and let a talented movie maker make his movie without studio interference.

Wut?

Roundhead Johnson gave K.K. everything she wanted, he was nothing but a meat puppet for the studio and her highness. This has been well established in several interviews, whatever KK wanted Johnson was more than happy to toss in the story.

#4881 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

The problem now is, because they tried something different with TLJ and it failed so miserably, we can expect the same old star wars regurgitated for years to come. Ever wondered how C3P0 got that silver leg? What did Lobot do before he became Lando's man servant? Great news. Every meaningless back story will get its own tv show. Star wars supply of creativity is completely exhausted.

Johnson tried something different or went in a different direction by literally sh*ting on everything core fans hold dear. Luke was built up in the movies and in every canon and non canon installment to be a somewhat flawed but noble and strong character. Johnson turned him into a whiny bitch. You can't take a "different" direction by crapping on your core audience.

#4882 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Johnson tried something different or went in a different direction by literally sh*ting on everything core fans hold dear. Luke was built up in the movies and in every canon and non canon installment to be a somewhat flawed but noble and strong character. Johnson turned him into a whiny bitch. You can't take a "different" direction by crapping on your core audience.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

#4883 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Roundhead Johnson

What’s the story with “roundhead” - isn’t that an insult from the English Civil War in the 1600s?

#4884 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

What’s the story with “roundhead” - isn’t that an insult from the English Civil War in the 1600s?

rian-roundhead-johnson (resized).jpgrian-roundhead-johnson (resized).jpg
    #4885 3 years ago

I’ll allow it, but only if we also refer to SW’s creator as “No Neck Lucas” (“Goiter Lucas” and “Turkey Neck Lucas” are acceptable variants).

06C419E2-4FAE-450B-A27E-28DEE71FF293 (resized).jpeg06C419E2-4FAE-450B-A27E-28DEE71FF293 (resized).jpeg
    #4886 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ll allow it, but only if we also refer to SW’s creator as “No Neck Lucas” (“Goiter Lucas” and “Turkey Neck Lucas” are acceptable variants).
    [quoted image]

I'm good with that, also "hack" will also do. He shamelessly used several plots and characters from the famous director Kurosawa. Watch Hidden Fortress for example and you will have zero problem picking out C3PO and R2D2. He states he was inspired by Kurosawa.. more like theft. George was pretty good at world building, I'll give him credit for that though. He does adapt the characters and situations well for the space setting.

A reviewer used the term "Roundhead" on Johnson during a review and it seems to have stuck in the community. A quick image search for "Roundhead Johnson" will return several results.

#4887 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

A reviewer used the term "Roundhead" on Johnson during a review and it seems to have stuck in the community. A quick image search for "Roundhead Johnson" will return several results.

Fair enough, I thought I was just having flashbacks to world history.

#4888 3 years ago

I’m not sure I should do a google images search for “roundhead johnson” from my work computer...

#4889 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Wut?
    Roundhead Johnson gave K.K. everything she wanted, he was nothing but a meat puppet for the studio and her highness. This has been well established in several interviews, whatever KK wanted Johnson was more than happy to toss in the story.

Also Roundhead is NOT a talented director, there is something wrong with his writing, it's too juvenile....just cheesy. Look at the humor in TLJ (Call for Gen Hux, Porgs..etc) and the SJW messaging (stupid casino scene) so heavy handed, so overt and in your face. This guy's talent is more suited for TV than an epic franchise, something for Nickelodeon maybe. Most of us called it here.....we said Solo will bomb, KK will lose her job, Disney's SW Box office will suffer and we said RJ's trilogy will never see the light of day....all of that happened or will happen till they right the ship.

#4890 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Also Roundhead is NOT a talented director, there is something wrong with his writing, it's too juvenile....just cheesy. Look at the humor in TLJ (Call for Gen Hux, Porgs..etc) and the SJW messaging (stupid casino scene) so heavy handed, so overt and in your face. This guy's talent is more suited for TV than an epic franchise, something for Nickelodeon maybe. Most of us called it here.....we said Solo will bomb, KK will lose her job, Disney's SW Box office will suffer and we said RJ's trilogy will never see the light of day....all of that happened or will happen till they right the ship.

I'm still out of how good of a director he is, Johnson was under enormous pressure by Kennedy. He gave her what she wanted with the promise of 3 more movies.

Looper was a decent popcorn flick, cant recall much of it though aside from it had Bruce Willis and a time travel loop. Harmless enough for what it was.

#4891 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Definitely different, and that's a plus. It's just that it was different...bad or worse yet, different for the sake of a social statement, being a lackey or just plain saying f' off to Star Wars fans.

Quoted from kvan99:

I really have to think all of that was him thinking he was sly/coy. It (gross to say this) would be akin to if Orson Welles had the freedom that he had, but chose to create slapstick versus Kane.

#4892 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm still out of how good of a director he is, Johnson was under enormous pressure by Kennedy. He gave her what she wanted with the promise of 3 more movies.
    Looper was a decent popcorn flick, cant recall much of it though aside from it had Bruce Willis and a time travel loop. Harmless enough for what it was.

Yeah, he made his name with a low budget film called Brick...I actually saw it in the theater a decade and a half ago....I thought he was going to make a name for himself, usually I'm good at guessing but this dude just languished. Looper was an okay flick but as you said just a popcorn flick, it never really made it into the indy film annals. Oh by the way, he's also responsible for the most hated Breaking Bad episode....it's hard to fuck up Breaking Bad...almost as hard as SW.

#4893 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

....it's hard to fuck up Breaking Bad...almost as hard as SW.

Huh, I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to fuck up SW...as seen the last few decades.

#4894 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Oh by the way, he's also responsible for the most hated Breaking Bad episode....it's hard to fuck up Breaking Ba

He also directed, Ozymandias, probably the best BB episode.

#4895 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

He also directed, Ozymandias, probably the best BB episode.

No shit...I didn't know that...

Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh, I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to fuck up SW...as seen the last few decades.

Yeah, Lucas's stuff was still watchable....the last 3 to me were a waste of time.

#4896 3 years ago

I've read through pages and pages of complaints in this thread and I can somewhat confidentially declare that those people would never be happy no matter who made the movie.

And despite all of that, the films have made oodles of money, much more than other great films listed lower on the list:
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW

If SW 1-3 were released today, you'd have the same people complaining about them.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I don't think any of the SW movies after 1 and 2 are exceptional films, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them.

I hope Disney makes many more.

Just don't touch Goonies!

#4897 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

I've read through pages and pages of complaints in this thread and I can somewhat confidentially declare that those people would never be happy no matter who made the movie.

You can't prove a negative.

The Last Jedi was simply a bad movie. If someone else shot it, it would still be a bad movie as the story itself is incoherent.

#4898 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

Some of the people coming from the SJW cryfest angle I completely agree with you. Personally, I loved TFA and thought it was pretty perfect (yeah the first 3 worked so just copy them...fine by me). The the Rian came and washed all the characters and plot away into a huge pathetic mess.

Mandalorian was a great watch too....so there is a way not to fuck everything up.

#4899 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

And despite all of that, the films have made oodles of money, much more than other great films listed lower on the list:
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW
    If SW 1-3 were released today, you'd have the same people complaining about them.
    Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
    I don't think any of the SW movies after 1 and 2 are exceptional films, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them.
    I hope Disney makes many more.
    Just don't touch Goonies!

just cause it made money doesnt mean TLJ was a good movie... has nothing to do with nostalgia, was just a damn mess

#4900 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

And despite all of that, the films have made oodles of money,....

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

just cause it made money doesnt mean TLJ was a good movie...

Yeah I can't believe in 2020 people still try to use this argument.

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/98?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.