Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 125.
    #4801 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

With the time travel element introduced in Rebels, it's entirely feasible to do. I'm sure Filloni & Favereu are behind this, and have a general overall plan for tying their series into a new timeline trilogy. They can shape it however they want so that everything AFTER the Mandalorian is tossed into Legends status. SJWs will cry out in mass. It will be pretty funny to hear this small vocal minority drowned out by the rejoicing old fans.
    Most people would love to see Episodes 7-9 tossed, see how Baby Yoda ties into a new timeline Episode 7-9, Luke's proper Jedi Academy, Mara Jade, Thrawn, on & on. I say go for it Disney! Better than just damaging a multi-billion dollar franchise & just walking away from new film projects.
    As far as the actors ages, Carrie Fishers death, etc.... doubles can be cast for action sequences. Hollywood-quality de-aging tech & deepfake face mapping look almost photo-realistic now. Anything is really possible, especially in 3 years time before these films are even close to being in theaters.

"Time Travel" the last refuge of the creatively bankrupt.

#4802 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

This. It reeks of desperation.

They can try all they want to "undo" the sequels, but they still exist. They will never be truly undone. And dream all you want, the original actors aren't coming back to film a do-over.

Star wars is on its way to being the multiple timeline, multiple actors playing the same characters convoluted clusterfuck that star trek has become.

#4803 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

you forgot "it was a dream"

#4804 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

And multi-dimensions.

All a crock of....

#4805 3 years ago

Ran across this last week.

e0e8db19459f2ad1 (resized).jpege0e8db19459f2ad1 (resized).jpeg
    #4806 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Ran across this last week.
    [quoted image]

I don't know who pitched that idea but he/she should be demoted.

#4808 3 years ago

Kennedy stepping down seems totally plausible. Disney resetting the timeline anytime in the next decade is nothing more than a fanboy fantasy.

#4809 3 years ago

Was at Target yesterday and they had the new star wars movie in the clearance bin haha

#4810 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Kennedy stepping down seems totally plausible. Disney resetting the timeline anytime in the next decade is nothing more than a fanboy fantasy.

Disney is bleeding out right now, anything is possible.

They may have taken note of the success of The Mandalorian and decided they were pandering to the wrong group of people.

#4811 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

They may have taken note of the success of The Mandalorian and decided they were pandering to the wrong group of people.

This times 1000.

#4812 3 years ago

All I'm saying is, if you wake up anytime in the next ten years and read a Disney press release that it is "resetting" the latest three films, go ahead and pinch yourself, because you are assuredly dreaming.

#4813 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

All I'm saying is, if you wake up anytime in the next ten years and read a Disney press release that it is "resetting" the latest three films, go ahead and pinch yourself, because you are assuredly dreaming.

I don't think they need to firmly state it's a reset, unless they'd continue on with the OT as a base. But those folks are far too old to do anything more than what shit was pumped out of Kennedy's and Abrams charmless assholes.

#4814 3 years ago

I don't honestly think they will "reset" Ep 7-9

But they will fully & deeply explore the 25 years between the Mandalorian & Episode 7 with multiple projects, TV shows & comics. This period is a huge sandbox for Filloni & Faverau to play in. You can completely ignore Ep7-9 & tie it in at the very end.

I guarantee you will see a de-aged Mark Hamill at some point in one of their projects. Let him redeem himself & give those fans what they really wanted to see. There is plenty of space in that period of time where you don't have to have Han or Leia involved at all. Just Luke, ghost of Obiwan, etc if you want. They have a plan well thought out for the future I'm sure.

Kevin Feige is leaving Marvel studios at some point & he's already committed to a Star Wars project. I'm pretty sure that he will be in charge of a completely new Old Republic trilogy. The Star Wars universe but nothing tied into the Skywalkers. A fresh start. That's what's needed at the theaters. Let Filloni do his post-ROTJ TV shows for the old fans.

#4815 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Star Trek was reset.

Hollywood types are not big on what is canon or not. If Disney is desperate they will throw Kray-Kray's trilogy overboard in a heartbeat.

The House of Mouse is bleeding money. You can afford to virtue signal in good times but not when your income is iffy and the rent is due.

#4816 3 years ago

Far be it from Hollywood to “reboot” a franchise. (Sarcasm)
    Recently read articles that Disney will retool theme park attractions at the request of 2020 identity politics and that they have signed activist Colin Kaepernick to create material. Given that as an overt statement of the Disney corporations intentions, erasing the sequel trilogy seems unlikely.
    Wasting the opportunity to have the original stars conclude their story arcs and hand things off to a new generation makes me ill.
    With KK retiring in the foreseeable future, what do you think of our chances of pure content?

#4817 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Star Trek was reset.

Sure. But not the year after the last "old canon" Star Trek came out (Star Trek VI was '91, first JJTrek reboot was '09). Like I said, wait a decade or two and you're probably in luck, reboots clearly have potential to wring more cash from old, desiccated franchises. But you're sniffing glue if you think there's any chance we'll see Episode VII 2.0 as the next SW tentpole from Disney. Not happening.

#4818 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sure. But not the year after the last "old canon" Star Trek came out (Star Trek VI was '91, first JJTrek reboot was '09). Like I said, wait a decade or two and you're probably in luck, reboots clearly have potential to wring more cash from old, desiccated franchises. But you're sniffing glue if you think there's any chance we'll see Episode VII 2.0 as the next SW tentpole from Disney. Not happening.

Oh they wont call it that.

My money is they will side step the whole issue, like the new Ghostbusters that is coming out that looks to be totally ignoring that 2016 ever happened.

#4819 3 years ago

Most here are ignoring the fact that Disney is finding much success with their Star Wars projects on Disney+. It's not like Star Wars is dead, as so many love to claim.

The Rey Trilogy did much damage to the brand, but they are slowing winning fans back with The Mando & Clone Wars series. Toys & merch are selling once again, thanks to Baby Yoda. The Obiwan show & the Rogue One prequel will also be a huge hit for Disney+. They are back on the right track, because Kennedy is no longer in charge. As I said the TV shows should focus on making the hard core fans happy. That's an easy formula for success.

Star Wars has always been a structured episodic story, unlike other franchises. So you can't really mess with any of that without digging yourself further into a hole. There's no need to reboot anything "Skywalker" related. It's a big universe with a 4000+ year timeline. Plenty of room for for other stories to be told. An Old Republic trilogy practically writes itself.

If Hamill wants to play Luke again, let him make an appearance on one of the TV shows.

#4820 3 years ago

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-ignoring-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-2022

"Grace Randolph weighed in and said the movies won't be erased, but that they will be ignored."

What I said.

#4821 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

"Grace Randolph weighed in and said the movies won't be erased, but that they will be ignored."
    What I said.

They've already been ignored by most fans for years now!

#4822 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

What I said.

Who is Grace Randolph? Whoever she is, if all she means is that Disney will be making Star Wars content in other times/parts of the galaxy for the time being, that makes perfect sense (and is in line with Disney's public statements over the past few years that they'll be stepping away from "Skywalker" stories after Ep. IX, at least for the time being).

But Youtuber Doomcock's prediction was far more ambitious: "events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends." Which still ain't going to happen.

#4823 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Who is Grace Randolph? Whoever she is, if all she means is that Disney will be making Star Wars content in other times/parts of the galaxy for the time being, that makes perfect sense (and is in line with Disney's public statements over the past few years that they'll be stepping away from "Skywalker" stories after Ep. IX, at least for the time being).
    But Youtuber Doomcock's prediction was far more ambitious: "events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends." Which still ain't going to happen.

They will ignore the last 3 movies. Not disavow them perhaps but pretty much pretend they didn't happen. They cant afford to disavow, tantamount to admitting they screwed up.

Think the last Terminator movie or the new Ghostbusters that is coming out which is said to not even acknowledge GB2016 even happened.

#4824 3 years ago

https://screenrant.com/obi-wan-tv-show-hayden-christensen-anakin-cast-rumors/

Gotta say, I'd be excited to see this..!

Those these two deserve full fledged competent films.

#4825 3 years ago

This sounds really farfetched.

I can imagine Lucas in an official advisory position, but not much more, being 76 years old.

https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-jj-abrams?amp

#4826 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I can imagine Lucas in an official advisory position, but not much more, being 76 years old.
    https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-jj-abrams?amp

Disney is desperate, I do agree on the advisory position...but they may be that desperate.

Rumor has it there is a Lucas cut of Skywalker that scored best with test audiences and Disney went with the KK version anyways.. Upper management my be confusing a Lucas baloney sandwich for prime cuts in comparison to the kk poop gyro.

#4827 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I think the only reason star Wars has any economic value whatsoever has nothing to do with laser swords or villains in capes, it has to do with a devoted multi-generational fan base that is willing to spend lots of money on they franchise they love. That devoted fan base is no longer engaged and apathetic. And they are not being replaced by some new "younger social justice warrior fan group" willing to support the franchise like the previous fan base did. The sequel trilogy never felt like "real star wars". Galaxy's Edge never felt like "real star wars". The safest and best way to reclaim "real star wars" is to bring back the one and only creator and godfather of the franchise, George Lucas. Whatever role he wants, whatever price he wants. He is the only face saving way for Disney to replace KK, and not look like Disney is rejecting her identity politics and sjw message. Lucas can play whatever role he wants, work as hard or as little as he wants, and control whatever he wants. Star Wars is his beloved child that KK sodomized with a broomstick. We are not happy about that. Favreau might be the future of the franchise, but Lucas is the safest and surest bet to reunite the fans and heal right now. At his best and at his worst, Lucas is Star Wars.

#4828 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Rumor has it there is a Lucas cut of Skywalker that scored best with test audiences and Disney went with the KK version anyways.

Wha??? Now you have to know that’s some bullshit, right? Disney hired Lucas to recut JJ’s movie and no one hears peep about it until Youtuber Doomcock cracks the case?

FDE5A298-E0B8-4BC4-9C5D-2842D1A7AE81.gifFDE5A298-E0B8-4BC4-9C5D-2842D1A7AE81.gif

#4829 3 years ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

The safest and best way to reclaim "real star wars" is to bring back the one and only creator and godfather of the franchise, George Lucas.

Don't need Lucas. Filoni has surpassed Lucas' vision while staying true to core fans.

#4830 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Wha??? Now you have to know that’s some bullshit, right? Disney hires Lucas to recut JJ’s movie and no one hears peep about it until Youtuber Doomcock cracks the case?
    [quoted image]

I knew about it months ago and posted as such, three or four cuts of the movie was made.

#4831 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Disney is desperate, I do agree on the advisory position...but they may be that desperate.
    Rumor has it there is a Lucas cut of Skywalker that scored best with test audiences and Disney went with the KK version anyways.. Upper management my be confusing a Lucas baloney sandwich for prime cuts in comparison to the kk poop gyro.

I take that Lucas rumor with a grain of salt. I can't believe for a minute that he edited an entire cut of TROS, and that somehow JJ or Kennedy allowed that to happen & then it was kept quiet. Far-fetched to say the least.

Here's what we do know...Ron Howard brought Lucas in to help rewrite a few scenes in Solo when they were desperate for fix the script. Ron Howard's daughter directed an episode of the Mandalorian So the connection is there. It was probably nice to feel wanted again.

Dave Filoni was his protege at Lucasfilm. Filoni bought him in as a consultant on The Mandalorian. He was a frequent visitor to the set & more involved with the story than people think. They specifically went to Lucas when developing the backstory for the Baby Yoda character since it's race, home planet, etc has never been explained. Lucas probably enjoyed that experience & might be willing to get even more involved now that Kennedy is powerless.

I doubt he'll ever be writing a series or movie at his age, but I can see him popping in to direct a TV episode & helping assist other writers for the forseeable future. Fans would welcome him back with open arms.

Kennedy did him wrong by throwing his Ep 7-9 scripts in the trash. Hence the bitter taste in Lucas' mouth & calling Disney "white slavers" after the deal. Now Kennedy is on her way out, while Filloni & Favreau are trying to make things right again. They are on the right path. I think the panic phase is over.

#4832 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I knew about it months ago and posted as such, three or four cuts of the movie was made.

There may well have been multiple cuts, but deep in your heart you know that none of those cuts were made by Lucas, however much you'd love it to be true. Doesn't pass the laugh test.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I take that Lucas rumor with a grain of salt. I can't believe for a minute that he edited an entire cut of TROS, and that somehow JJ or Kennedy allowed that to happen & then it was kept quiet. Far-fetched to say the least.

Right on.

#4833 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

There may well have been multiple cuts, but deep in your heart you know that none of those cuts were made by Lucas, however much you'd love it to be true. Doesn't pass the laugh test.

Sorry, I have no particular love for Lucas after the prequels, I just stated what was reported by credible sources.

Iger had Lucas did a rough cut and it was received well by test audiences. KK demanded her cut be the one used and she got her way.

#4834 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Right on.

I also doubt there is a Lucas cut....things like this don't happen in a studio where you have someone like JJ and KK presiding over things...I doubt JJ would ever let Lucas cut his film and plaster his name on it.
    Here is another rant:
    Dave Filoni is not the man to save SW....he has been kept in animation all of these years for a reason. Yes, he got his feet wet with the Mandalorian but all the heavy lifting was done by Favreau. With that said I have hesitations about Favreau too, why? because the Mandalorian story line was a little weak in my opinion, there were a few episodes that were just lacking. So I'm not all that sure he can right the ship. Sure, he can heal the rift in the fandom that KK created, but to move SW along to the next plateau....I dunno.

#4835 3 years ago

Lucas cut Horseshit.

#4836 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Lucas cut Horseshit.

Agreed. There is NO way that happened, and if people believe it, they are fools.

On another note, Disney is hurting BIG time. The financial giant is weakened on so many fronts.

#4837 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Agreed. There is NO way that happened, and if people believe it, they are fools.
    On another note, Disney is hurting BIG time. The financial giant is weakened on so many fronts.

Really, Weakened? Maybe during this pandemic but Disney owns franchises that are a colossal money machines: Pixar, Lucasfilm, Lucasarts (games), ILM, SW, the whole of Marvel catalog, Indiana Jones, Alien, Predator, Avatar, Resorts and Disney+ streaming service thats supposed to eclipse any one of those other revenue streams on the future. Iger played a masterful game while everyone else was asleep at the wheel, that's why SW is a mess it's a small piece of the puzzle to them.

#4838 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Really, Weakened? Maybe during this pandemic but Disney owns franchises that are a colossal money machines: Pixar, Lucasfilm, Lucasarts (games), ILM, SW, the whole of Marvel catalog, Indiana Jones, Alien, Predator, Avatar, Resorts and Disney+ streaming service thats supposed to eclipse any one of those other revenue streams on the future. Iger played a masterful game while everyone else was asleep at the wheel, that's why SW is a mess it's a small piece of the puzzle to them.

I think weakened in the sense that when you have such massive properties, the cost to yield product from them demands high returns, and when those aren't met, hemorrhaging occurs.

#4839 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I think weakened in the sense that when you have such massive properties, the cost to yield product from them demands high returns, and when those aren't met, hemorrhaging occurs.

Disney is bleeding out at the moment, they just took a line of credit last month reported to be in the several billions.

#4840 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Disney is bleeding out at the moment, they just took a line of credit last month reported to be in the several billions.

Exactly....key word "At the moment"...resorts, hotels, cruises are dragging on the company. Also revolving credit, or agreement is the ability to borrow at anytime. They may or may not use it all.

#4841 3 years ago

Everyone's excited about Lucas coming back, like they don't remember what happened the last time Lucas made star wars movies. Jeesh.

#4842 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Exactly....key word "At the moment"...resorts, hotels, cruises are dragging on the company. Also revolving credit, or agreement is the ability to borrow at anytime. They may or may not use it all.

Read the WSJ article from a few days ago. It hasn't been looking good for them since this all started, and the very reliable rumors of turmoil with the leadership of the company is something they have not experienced for some time.

They are hurting and are weak. If things don't turn around soon for them, they might be a target for a takeover or may need to sell off some divisions/assets.

#4843 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Read the WSJ article from a few days ago. It hasn't been looking good for them since this all started, and the very reliable rumors of turmoil with the leadership of the company is something they have not experienced for some time.
    They are hurting and are weak. If things don't turn around soon for them, they might be a target for a takeover or may need to sell off some divisions/assets.

Selling off the whole cruise line business has been discussed.

#4844 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Everyone's excited about Lucas coming back, like they don't remember what happened the last time Lucas made star wars movies. Jeesh.

Totally awful. First one was better than his last 3.

#4845 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Yeah, I don't know what you read, but the pandemic is hurting this sector, as I said before the hotel, resorts and movies are all basically dragging on earnings but once we get back to normal the will start printing money again. The stock price is not showing any stress, so I don't know what WSJ was purporting.

1 week later
    #4848 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Disney reported last week losing 4 billion in last quarter.

The train is fine.

#4849 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

yeah he made 3 more movies that are god-tier kino

#4850 3 years ago

2023. Will have to check back on that one. Of course if it’s anything other than fanciful bullshit we’ll hear from more “mainstream” sources well before then.

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.