Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 125.
    #4751 3 years ago

That's a plot hole for sure & it's never had a clear answer to my knowledge.

C3PO's memory was clearly wiped and the end of Episode III, because he's a blabber mouth. Bail Organa both mentioned that both droids should be "cleaned". R2D2 chuckles when he hears C3PO is going to have his memories erased.

So what happened to R2D2 is a bit more cloudy. Lucas always thought of R2 as the narrator & historian of the Star Wars story, so I don't think his memories were erased at any point. The most common thought is that R2D2 has "owner protection protocols" built into the core of his programming. Like Robocop! When Luke became his master at the beginning of Episode IV, it was against his core programming to reveal Luke's father, as the knowledge would psychologically harm his master. So he kept it all a secret.

There are lots of plot holes like this in Star Wars. But that's what happens when you retrofit sloppy prequel storylines 20+ years after the original source material was released. This particular plot hole is forgivable & has a plausible explanation IMO. As for Rey being Palpitine's secret granddaughter? Yeah not so much. I digress.

#4752 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This particular plot hole is forgivable & has a plausible explanation IMO. As for Rey being Palpitine's secret granddaughter? Yeah not so much. I digress.

I agree that the R2 plot hole pales in comparison to some others raised by the prequels (midichlorians, for instance, which have conveniently been forgotten in the OT). May be nitpicking, but I’m not sure Rey as Palpatine’s granddaughter is a “plot hole” so much as a clumsily executed plot twist (no reason he couldn’t have had children at some point unless the Dark Side makes you impotent, and it’s at least better explained than how the hell he’s still “alive” in TROS, which they barely bother to address).

#4753 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I agree that the R2 plot hole pales in comparison to some others raised by the prequels (midichlorians, for instance, which have conveniently been forgotten in the OT). May be nitpicking, but I’m not sure Rey as Palpatine’s granddaughter is a “plot hole” so much as a clumsily executed plot twist (no reason he couldn’t have had children at some point unless the Dark Side makes you impotent, and it’s at least better explained than how the hell he’s still “alive” in TROS, which they barely bother to address).

I have an easier solution. Just watch the OT only and forget that anything else was ever put to film.

#4754 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have an easier solution. Just watch the OT only and forget that anything else was ever put to film.

You might just be on to something there. That's the approach I've taken with my kids. They'll stumble onto the rest on Disney+ some day but it won't be by my doing!

1 week later
    #4756 3 years ago

i like how dead star wars is no one posted in here for May 4th lol

#4757 3 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i like how dead star wars is no one posted in here for May 4th lol

That's a good thing! It's always been a bit of a sham Disney thing, hasn't it?

Seeing any videos live at these events have always been a bit stomach turning. Blind devotion and uproarious applause to really poor marketing and film production shouldn't exactly be celebrated.

Then again, I think I was a semi-drunl asshole booing some things during the 5PM premiere in my area at the last movie, whatever the fuck it was called.

#4758 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That's a good thing! .

Agreed, it's super lame.

#4759 3 years ago

I’ve bought 2 bikes, I don’t think I will find the time to watch the latest crappy Star Wars movie .

#4760 3 years ago

I’ll tell you this. The last 4 series finale episodes of The Clone Wars was better than Episodes 7-9 combined. Wow what an ending! Ashoka...now that’s how you write a great female Star Wars character arc.

Rosario Dawson has some serious expectations to live up to if she’s really playing Ashoka in Mando Season 2.

#4761 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I’ll tell you this. The last 4 series finale episodes of The Clone Wars was better than Episodes 7-9 combined. Wow what an ending! Ashoka...now that’s how you write a great female Star Wars character arc.
    Rosario Dawson has some serious expectations to live up to if she’s really playing Ashoka in Mando Season 2.

Hmm, ok, I can see her as the grown up version....I always thought they'd bring the padawan version out first though. Someone like 11 from Stranger things would have been good.

#4762 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Just watched it and WOW! I was very impressed! Can't wait for Mando season 2!

#4763 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Hmm, ok, I can see her as the grown up version....I always thought they'd bring the padawan version out first though. Someone like 11 from Stranger things would have been good.

You need to look at the timeline and see how they animated her in Rebels. She's older in the Mando timeline. As far as an earlier version - would either have to be pre clone wars launch.......or yet more stories from the clone wars. Personally while I've enjoyed the clone wars arc - enough. Mainly because we already know all the outcomes.

Build a new story arc where we don't know what's going happen. Even the Mando is going to suffer from this somewhat. Go old republic or go forward past Skywalker saga. So much untapped potential and would be so much less baggage and expectations to manage.

It needs a fresh look.

1 month later
    #4764 3 years ago

I realize this is a bit stale so forgive me but as I mentioned earlier the lock-down has afforded me the opportunity to watch shows that were never on my radar. Anyhoo, I just watched the first season of Penny Dreadful, I was blown away, the writing and production value is unbelievable. It's very well acted too. It's crime this show didn't get more attention than it did. It sort of like "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" but in a horror sense...very clever, very well fleshed out. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

#4766 3 years ago

Does anyone really care anymore?

#4767 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Does anyone really care anymore?

Yes, the fandom is still firmly in place, there are at least 4 series in production or development including the one above.

#4768 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yes, the fandom is still firmly in place, there are at least 4 series in production or development including the one above.

Nah, not so much anymore.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/06/12/star-wars-editor-teases-new-anthology-series-will-be-gay-and-in-space/

Burn it down Disney, burn it down. I could not care a wit what happens to Star Wars at this point, its toast.

#4769 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Nah, not so much anymore.
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/06/12/star-wars-editor-teases-new-anthology-series-will-be-gay-and-in-space/
    Burn it down Disney, burn it down. I could not care a wit what happens to Star Wars at this point, its toast.

That's a bit disturbing.

I don't understand the desire to cash grab a specific fan base, all the while alienating another part.

I also don't understand the dire necessity to attach one's entire ideal system to one aspect of their being. It feels so suffocating in culture presently, and it feels less liberating and more extreme conditioning.

I generally find hetero relationships in media dull and distracting from narrative, so piling on gay ones is equally dull. Who really ever got excited to see Han's character trajectory defined by him fawning over Leia? As soon as the dude leaves Mos Eisely, he's a soon to be bland wet noodle of a guy as a result of having his nose constantly following Leia's arse like a randy dog. His development kinda died there, for me.

#4770 3 years ago

Who cares anymore.

#4771 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Who really ever got excited to see Han's character trajectory defined by him fawning over Leia? As soon as the dude leaves Mos Eisely, he's a soon to be bland wet noodle of a guy as a result of having his nose constantly following Leia's arse like a randy dog. His development kinda died there, for me.

Solo's story arc was pretty much over in Jedi as soon as he was dropped in the carbonite.. After that it was all downhill.

#4772 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Solo's story arc was pretty much over in Jedi as soon as he was dropped in the carbonite.. After that it was all downhill.

Harrison Ford agreed, he asked to be killed off in Jedi.

#4773 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I don't understand the desire to cash grab a specific fan base, all the while alienating another part.

It's true that starting off with a concept of "let's add gay characters to the Star Wars universe" or "what if Thor were a woman?" doesn't inherently make your project interesting. Just as with a more traditional "boy meets girl, saves universe" setup, you still have to make characters that people can care about and create a compelling story around your premise if you want it to be watchable. In other words, it's certainly possible to make a good movie with a gay Luke Skywalker as the lead, but making Luke gay won't turn a crap movie into a good one.

Quoted from kvan99:

Right, someone's still watching this stuff or they wouldn't be making it. Over time they've got to strike a balance between making new fans and keeping the old, but Disney's got a pretty good track record of printing money the past 30 years or so, so I wouldn't bet against them.

#4774 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Right, someone's still watching this stuff or they wouldn't be making it.

Well someone is watching it but they are not making money hand over fist like before. Matter of fact the movies are progressively making less and less. Solo is the first to lose money.

FYI Disney is in very, very bad shape right now, so much so they had to take out a huge line of credit. Their whole business model requires large groups of people in close proximity. How is that working out right now? Not so good.

#4775 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Well someone is watching it but they are not making money hand over fist like before. Matter of fact the movies are progressively making less and less. Solo is the first to lose money.

We've discussed before whether it's still worth Disney's time making Star Wars movies if they "only" do $1 billion at the box office. I still think there's plenty of profit to be made at that level. As for Solo, it was dogshit, significantly worse than anything they've put out since Disney bought Star Wars, and it deserved to lose money (I wish they'd gone with a young Lando movie instead, he was the only part of that mess worth watching). Whether it's a blip or the new normal for Star Wars is another question.

Quoted from gdonovan:

FYI Disney is in very, very bad shape right now, so much so they had to take out a huge line of credit. Their whole business model requires large groups of people in close proximity. How is that working out right now? Not so good.

Covid's a bitch for pretty much everyone except Amazon. But that doesn't say much about the continuing viability of Star Wars film and television projects.

#4776 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

We've discussed before whether it's still worth Disney's time making Star Wars movies if they "only" do $1 billion at the box office. I still think there's plenty of profit to be made at that level. As for Solo, it was dogshit, significantly worse than anything they've put out since Disney bought Star Wars, and it deserved to lose money (I wish they'd gone with a young Lando movie instead, he was the only part of that mess worth watching). Whether it's a blip or the new normal for Star Wars is another question.

Covid's a bitch for pretty much everyone except Amazon. But that doesn't say much about the continuing viability of Star Wars film and television projects.

Time will tell.

All movie franchises crash and burn sooner or later, Star Wars will be no exception. And Disney is not turning out quality work.

Solo was actually a palatable movie compared to The Last Jedi. They crapped all over Skywalker.

Disney streaming is projected to lose 3.9 billion this year, sounds like an awesome business model.

#4777 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Disney streaming is projected to lose 3.9 billion this year, sounds like an awesome business model.

Built into their plans, they went in knowing they'd burn cash for a couple of years to try to swipe market share from Netflix and Amazon, plus the new services from Apple and HBO and whoever else jumps into the pool this year. I'm no expert on the streaming market, but it sounds like investors are pleased with the size of their subscriber base six months in (54 million vs 155 million for Nextflix). Whether that will hold up over time, especially as they raise rates which they will presumably have to do at some point to turn a profit, remains to be seen.

#4778 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Time will tell.
    All movie franchises crash and burn sooner or later, Star Wars will be no exception. And Disney is not turning out quality work.
    Solo was actually a palatable movie compared to The Last Jedi. They crapped all over Skywalker.

The brand is being kept alive by Gen X's, but are they're kids going to be able to take it forward in 2 decades?

I don't think so. Lucas was wise to cash out when he could.

#4779 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The brand is being kept alive by Gen X's, but are they're kids going to be able to take it forward in 2 decades?

George Lucas was wise to cash out because by the look of him he won't be around that long! Can't take it with you, and he can comfortable spend $200m a year for the next two decades while continuing to give salty interviews about how he would have handled things if he was still running the ship.

#4780 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

George Lucas was wise to cash out because by the look of him he won't be around that long! Can't take it with you, and he can comfortable spend $200m a year for the next two decades while continuing to give salty interviews about how he would have handled things if he was still running the ship.

Lucas was salty in interviews in 1977. No change there.

#4781 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I think it could've stayed alive that long. The key to star wars is less is more. Releasing a new trilogy every 10-15 years is just enough to get people excited. It becomes a special event. You remember being there opening night.

When you go pumping out movies once a year(mediocre movies at that), new TV shows every couple of months, cartoons, etc etc, it loses something. It becomes just another franchise. Alienating your fan base with hit- you- over- the- head social justice/PC commentary doesn't help things.

IMO, the best thing they can do is lay the movies to rest for a while. Focus on a couple well thought out tv shows like the Mandalorian. Stay away from rehashing old characters and storylines. No Obi-Wan series. No Boba Fett movie. No explaining how the Bothans died. In 7-8 years, maybe look at a new trilogy. And this time, outline a complete story with competent writers before filming a thing.

#4782 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

It's true that starting off with a concept of "let's add gay characters to the Star Wars universe" or "what if Thor were a woman?" doesn't inherently make your project interesting. Just as with a more traditional "boy meets girl, saves universe" setup, you still have to make characters that people can care about and create a compelling story around your premise if you want it to be watchable. In other words, it's certainly possible to make a good movie with a gay Luke Skywalker as the lead, but making Luke gay won't turn a crap movie into a good one.

Right, someone's still watching this stuff or they wouldn't be making it. Over time they've got to strike a balance between making new fans and keeping the old, but Disney's got a pretty good track record of printing money the past 30 years or so, so I wouldn't bet against them.

I can't really think of a single character Disney created in three movies. Maybe establishing that as the fundamental aspect, and coherent plot structure, could be an ideal launching point for any and all of their current and future endeavors.

#4783 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I can't really think of a single character Disney created in three movies.

Really?! Must be selective amnesia....sadly I remember them all.

#4784 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The same could be said for Rebels. I'd have much rather seen a trilogy of Ezra in the Unknown Regions vs what we got with Rey/Skywalker. Can you imagine that - there was limitless potential with very little "baggage" there! Would have required more effort, but likely less $$ from Disney.......but they would have also had to have been brave as there's some more risk to draw in viewers. But ultimately this is why SW's is "sucking". It's all a rehash and too much room for people to poke holes in the continuity. Leave the current characters and time frame alone...........so many other opportunities to explore.

#4785 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I think it could've stayed alive that long. The key to star wars is less is more. Releasing a new trilogy every 10-15 years is just enough to get people excited. It becomes a special event. You remember being there opening night.
    When you go pumping out movies once a year(mediocre movies at that), new TV shows every couple of months, cartoons, etc etc, it loses something. It becomes just another franchise. Alienating your fan base with hit- you- over- the- head social justice/PC commentary doesn't help things.
    IMO, the best thing they can do is lay the movies to rest for a while. Focus on a couple well thought out tv shows like the Mandalorian. Stay away from rehashing old characters and storylines. No Obi-Wan series. No Boba Fett movie. No explaining how the Bothans died. In 7-8 years, maybe look at a new trilogy. And this time, outline a complete story with competent writers before filming a thing.

They have well thought out TV shows - they're just animated. Seriously watch Rebels. Ezra with Thrawn should get their own trilogy in the Unknown Regions.....its all there in place. Star Wars just needs to do it.

#4786 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Really?! Must be selective amnesia....sadly I remember them all.

Ironically, I forgot to insert the word "memorable" there!

I remember the vaulted low bar that Rogue One set, and everyone seemed so pleased at the time. Yet none of those settings characters really stand out, and somehow that Diego Luna character is getting a Disney show.

#4787 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I remember the vaulted low bar that Rogue One set, and everyone seemed so pleased at the time....

Uff so bad. I wish I couldn't remember Forest Whitiker's character...wow that was even worse than force goupies.

#4789 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I wouldn't get too worried about that woke "all-female" Disney+ show in "development", which goes against every lesson learned so far from Kennedy's poor-performing new films. The panned Rey Trilogy, the female Forces of Destiny cartoon, poor new trilogy attraction attendance at Disneyland, the millions of unsold female action figures......all failures. Thankfully the Disney execs aren't blind to this anymore. She is deservedly being phased out at Lucasfilm & holds very little decision-making power now. Favreau/Filloni are getting all the praise from both fans & execs for the popular Mandalorian series.

Kennedy is basically powerless until her contract runs out. Favreau called all the shots on the Mando & will most likely be offered her job. I hope he takes it. Did you see Kennedy at those round-table discussions on the behind-the-scenes Mando series? Felt awkward to me. There was one episode where she just sat there & didn't contribute anything to the discussion, clearly because she was not involved with the shows decision-making.

I've heard Kennedy's press-release for the all-female Disney+ show was a power-play surprise to Disney execs. She felt slighted for being marginalized with the production of the Mando, and she got even more upset when Lucas was brought in to help with the scripts. So as a middle finger to Disney execs, she wanted to get her "female" show out in the press to generate buzz for it, but it's dead on arrival, just like Rian Johnson's new trilogy. Once she's let go, all that stuff in "development" will be scrapped. Disney execs & the majority of fans don't want any of it. And Favreau/Filloni don't want to work with her.

Same goes for the Obiwan TV series. It was all set to begin production, then suddenly everything came to a halt. This is right around the time Kennedy started losing her power, and execs started listening to Favreau/Filloni. Lucas took Filloni under his wing 15 years ago & now he's become the leading authority on any project within Lucasfilm. If you need to grasp how important Filloni is to Lucasfilm, listen to him breakdown the meaning of the Dual of Fates in episode 2 of the Mando documentary. The guy understands the essense of Star Wars down to his core. When he was brought in to review Kennedy's scripts of the Obiwan TV series, Disney gave him the power to stop production & do re-writes.

Disney also "delayed" the release of Kennedy's High Republic novels & comics. This was the group-think project created by a wide-ranging assortment of ethnic/racial/gender writers, who stressed that this Star Wars series should be all about diversity, anti-war stances & dinosaurs. They blamed covid concerns for the delay, but it's obviously another example of Disney execs pumping the breaks on any Kennedy driven projects.

Quoted from Hobbypinball:

The same could be said for Rebels. I'd have much rather seen a trilogy of Ezra in the Unknown Regions vs what we got with Rey/Skywalker. Can you imagine that - there was limitless potential with very little "baggage" there! Would have required more effort, but likely less $$ from Disney.......but they would have also had to have been brave as there's some more risk to draw in viewers. But ultimately this is why SW's is "sucking". It's all a rehash and too much room for people to poke holes in the continuity. Leave the current characters and time frame alone...........so many other opportunities to explore.

I think you're going to be very happy. It's pretty clear that the Mando series is going to become a sequel to Rebels/ROTJ as the series progresses. Filloni wrote them both. Multiple characters (Ashoka, Bo-Katan, Sabine Wren) from Rebels are already cast for Mando Season 2. Many are convinced we already saw Boba Fett in Season 1, but other infamous legendary Bounty Hunters like Bossk & Dengar could appear as well to chase down Baby Yoda.

The darksaber already made an appearance in Season 1. This directly ties into the ending of Rebels. And one of the biggest questions is who The Client & Moff Giddeon are really working for. Based on his obsession with force-sensitive creatures in the novels, as well as his unknown fate at the end of Rebels....I'd be willing to bet money that Grand Admiral Thrawn will be the huge villain reveal at the end of Mando Season 2. With Lucas becoming more involved on the series, I'd also guess that he'll direct a Mando episode at some point. Fans will go ape-shit crazy. Then it only makes sense that at some point Luke will become aware of Baby Yoda's existence in Season 3, and Mark Hamill will make a LEGENDARY CGI deepfake de-aged appearance on the Mando.

Just righting all the wrongs of the Rey Trilogy. Giving the fans what they've always wanted. Kennedy will be long gone by then. Obiwan series facing off with a final live-action battle against Darth Maul. Disney+ subscriptions & toys flying off the shelves. Fans crazy for Star Wars again. Everything can be fixed if Filloni & Favreau are given the freedom & opportunity to do it.

#4790 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Based on his obsession with force-sensitive creatures in the novels, as well as his unknown fate at the end of Rebels....I'd be willing to bet money that Grand Moff Tarkin will be the huge villain reveal at the end of Mando Season 2.

Is it now canon that Grand Moff Tarkin survived the explosion of Death Star 1.0? He's a bad-ass villain, but I always thought it was fitting that he went down with the Titanic, as it were.

#4791 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is it now canon that Grand Moff Tarkin survived the explosion of Death Star 1.0? He's a bad-ass villain, but I always thought it was fitting that he went down with the Titanic, as it were.

I meant Grand Admiral Thrawn! Yikes my bad.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mitth%27raw%27nuruodo

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_SWA (resized).pngGrand_Admiral_Thrawn_SWA (resized).png
    1 week later
    #4792 3 years ago

Can you say alternate timeline my friends? I know you can.

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi

#4793 3 years ago

Just let it go already. Everything they do just makes the franchise more and more of a convoluted shit show.

#4794 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Can you say alternate timeline my friends? I know you can.

If only they could get someone like JJ Abrams to reset the franchise like he did with Star Trek.

#4795 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

If only they could get someone like JJ Abrams to reset the franchise like he did with Star Trek.

Dude, don't get me started on that guy....so many talent people in HW but they keep giving this guy all the top franchises to destroy.

#4796 3 years ago

YouTuber Doomcock strikes back! This would be a massive move by Disney and I kind of wonder what the point would be. Do they really want to rewrite what happened after ROTJ now, while the latest attempt is still fresh in everyone’s mind? Tell ancillary stories like Mandalorian, or jump forward or back 50 years, and they don’t have to address the storyline they created in the 2010s at all. Disney can always reboot in 2030 if they run out of fresh material, Spider-Man style. But with the original cast wizened and dying, it’s probably time to just let it go.

#4797 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

jump forward or back 50 years

They need to jump 500 years into the future, give us some new content, new ship designs, new TOYS! The jedi could be more of a mythology or ancient religion or even better the main characters are exploring the SITH as a mythology. Give me a world where the common galaxy folk have forgotten what the SITH and JEDI mean.

#4798 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

YouTuber Doomcock strikes back! This would be a massive move by Disney and I kind of wonder what the point would be. Do they really want to rewrite what happened after ROTJ now, while the latest attempt is still fresh in everyone’s mind? Tell ancillary stories like Mandalorian, or jump forward or back 50 years, and they don’t have to address the storyline they created in the 2010s at all. Disney can always reboot in 2030 if they run out of fresh material, Spider-Man style. But with the original cast wizened and dying, it’s probably time to just let it go.

With the time travel element introduced in Rebels, it's entirely feasible to do. I'm sure Filloni & Favereu are behind this, and have a general overall plan for tying their series into a new timeline trilogy. They can shape it however they want so that everything AFTER the Mandalorian is tossed into Legends status. SJWs will cry out in mass. It will be pretty funny to hear this small vocal minority drowned out by the rejoicing old fans.

Most people would love to see Episodes 7-9 tossed, see how Baby Yoda ties into a new timeline Episode 7-9, Luke's proper Jedi Academy, Mara Jade, Thrawn, on & on. I say go for it Disney! Better than just damaging a multi-billion dollar franchise & just walking away from new film projects.

As far as the actors ages, Carrie Fishers death, etc.... doubles can be cast for action sequences. Hollywood-quality de-aging tech & deepfake face mapping look almost photo-realistic now. Anything is really possible, especially in 3 years time before these films are even close to being in theaters.

#4799 3 years ago

If dudes in their bedrooms can pull off this tech, wait until Industrial Light & Magic commit to the tech & make it truly believable.

#4800 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

With the time travel element introduced in Rebels, it's entirely feasible to do. I'm sure Filloni & Favereu are behind this, and have a general overall plan for tying their series into a new timeline trilogy.

No doubt they could do it (I mean we're talking fictional fantasy/sci-fi here, of course they could do it). Just a question of whether that's how Disney would choose to spend its time when there are dozens of other directions to go without immediately trying to over-write what the last guys did. Why bother with it now? Even if they desperately want a do-over, I'm thinking they'd wait 10 or 20 years just to let it cool down a bit.

If they're going to reboot something for the next project, I say start with the Prequels. Strip out the wooden Lucas dialog, scrap the midichlorians, put in a bit of effort to make Anakin's heel turn feel remotely plausible, and you could have something there.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If dudes in their bedrooms can pull off this tech, wait until Industrial Light & Magic commit to the tech & make it truly believable.

Ewan McGregor looks kind of creepy with those big old-man ears.

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/96?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.