Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 125.
    #4551 4 years ago

Mando (imo) is very basic, only noteworthy or talked about because it’s in the Star Wars universe. Maybe in time it’ll get better but I’m not impressed.

However if you want to talk about money or eyeballs it’s probably doing very well.

I’m currently at Hollywood Studios waiting for the Rise of the Resistance ride. The park is packed. You have to be inside the park by 7am to register for a boarding group which are completely assigned out by 7:30 now you may need to wait 12 hours to get on the ride. If you aren’t physically in the park by 7:20 you won’t get a boarding assignment. It must be a gold mine for Disney. $4.50 for a souvenir coke or sprite grenade, blue milk drink, droid build store packed. Star Wars area is packed with at least half of the people wearing Star Wars shirts or sweatshirts old ladies and young kiddies alike.

I’ll report back after the ride to give my opinion....

Long wait but the SW ride is one of the best of all time up the HP Gringots and Avatar Flights ride.

#4552 4 years ago

https://www.darkhorizons.com/obi-wan-kenobi-series-delayed-indefinitely/

THR further adds to it, saying only two scripts have been written and that the story became an issue. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy was reportedly not happy with the scripts or story and a last-minute decision was made to halt pre-production and start anew.

So, the work done so far has been jettisoned and Lucasfilm is now on the hunt for a new writer to pen the series. At the same time, sources claim the series is also being reconfigured from a six to a four-episode run. This is a far cry fro last year when Kennedy herself said “we have all the scripts written”.

Part of the problem is that the Kenobi story was treading similar ground as “Mandalorian,” the Jedi master lending a protective hand to a young Luke akin to the way Mando took ‘Baby Yoda’ under his custody.

#4553 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Mando (imo) is very basic, only noteworthy or talked about because it’s in the Star Wars universe. Maybe in time it’ll get better but I’m not impressed.

I agree. I finally finished it out last night. I'll say that the last episode was probably the best of all of them. The banter between the scout troopers had me laughing. I purposely avoided any information about who Mando was played by, and I was surprised when it was finally revealed.

The whole show felt disjointed. The episodes never felt cohesive. It felt like a 90s scifi or fantasy show because of that, and I really didn't care for it. I actually watched everything twice... once with just my wife, and then our whole family. The kids loved it, but there were certain episodes I dreaded watching... the one in the village, and the prisoner heist, especially. They were painful to sit through a second time, and I actually fell asleep (I never do that).

All in all, enough eye candy and some decent characters to carry the first season of the show. I look forward to the next season, but not in the same way I did for GOT or I do for Westworld.

Oh, and I didn't even realize that one guy was an Ugnaught until they announced it in the last episode. That was sort of a cool realization.

#4554 4 years ago

So much conflicting information regarding the Obiwan TV series being put on hold...

https://www.ign.com/articles/obi-wan-kenobi-series-delay-wont-change-release-date-says-ewan-mcgregor

Per McGregor last night...

"It’s just slid to next year, that’s all. The scripts were really good. I think now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm's got more time to spend on the writing, they felt like they wanted more time to spend on the writing." McGregor said. "I’ve read about eighty, ninety percent of what they’ve written so far, and it’s really, really good. Instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that's all. Nothing more dramatic than that. It often happens in projects, they just wanted to push it to next year. It will have the same release date, I don’t think it will affect the release date. They're still shooting towards having the film [show] release when it was going to be originally."

In any case I'm looking forward to this series. I hope it sees the light of day eventually. McGregor doesn't seem too concerned at all.

#4555 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I agree. I finally finished it out last night. I'll say that the last episode was probably the best of all of them. The banter between the scout troopers had me laughing. I purposely avoided any information about who Mando was played by, and I was surprised when it was finally revealed.
    The whole show felt disjointed. The episodes never felt cohesive. It felt like a 90s scifi or fantasy show because of that, and I really didn't care for it. I actually watched everything twice... once with just my wife, and then our whole family. The kids loved it, but there were certain episodes I dreaded watching... the one in the village, and the prisoner heist, especially. They were painful to sit through a second time, and I actually fell asleep (I never do that).
    All in all, enough eye candy and some decent characters to carry the first season of the show. I look forward to the next season, but not in the same way I did for GOT or I do for Westworld.
    Oh, and I didn't even realize that one guy was an Ugnaught until they announced it in the last episode. That was sort of a cool realization.

It does feel a lot like Star Wars: TNG, lol. I'm just bummed about the droid, to me that was my favorite character in the whole series by far.

#4556 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well this was an interesting read to say the least. Colin Trevorrow's version of Episode 9 has leaked, and it's a million times better than what JJ came up with. But I seem to recall that Trevorrow walked as soon as he discovered Luke was being killed off in Episode 8, so I'm not sure if this script is legit. But it's very interesting. A long read, but worth it...
    https://geektyrant.com/news/colin-trevorrows-star-wars-episode-ix-script-reportedly-leaks-and-it-might-have-been-a-better-film-than-jj-abrams
    EPISODE 9 DUEL OF FATES Synopsis:
    * First Order & Supreme Leader Ren have conquered entire galaxy with iron fist
    * Resistance virtually crushed, launches one last mission for freedom
    * Rey, Fynn, Poe & Rose sneak into Kuat shipyards, steal a Star Destroyer & escape
    * Knights of Ren arrive, kill First Order Admiral for his failure
    * Commander Hux rules Corusant now (central location of the First Order), plots to finally destroy Last Jedi Rey & the Resistance stragglers
    * Kylo Ren on long search for great sith power, ends up on Mustafar at Vader's Castle
    * Kylo Ren is constantly haunted by Luke's ghost, which he resists to point of madness
    * He finds Sith Holocron from Emperor to Vader, which tells him to take Luke to Remicore to see Tor Vallum, ancient Sith Master & Emperor's teacher
    * Holocron explodes with red lightning, further scarring Kylo's face
    * Rey returns to Leia with Star Destoyer, confesses she's still haunted by Kylo & lacks strength to become a Jedi
    * Searches Jedi Texts, learns of secret communication system beneath destroyed Jedi Temple on Corusant, an old-republic signal that cannot be traced & can reach all corners of galaxy to contact allies
    * Luke Ghost helps Rey train, remove doubts & convinces her to embrace the force
    * Resistance launches final mission to defeat First Order
    * Kylo understands that love is what corrupted Vader, smashes Vaders helmet & leaves for Remicore
    * Rey & Leia still hope Kylo can be turned to the light
    * Rebels infiltrate Jedi Temple, turn on beacon, flee to underworld of Corusant
    * Rey heads to Bonadan to find a seer to unlock her memories, runs into Knights of Ren & defeats them
    * Kylo reaches Ancient "Lovecraftian" 7000 year-old Sith Master & trains. Confronted by memories of Han, has brutal fight with Vader in a vision, and loses.
    * From the seer, Rey discovers she really is no one, also discovers Kylo's location, goes to meet him
    * Allies hear beacon & arrive, along with Lando in the Falcon. A massive last battle erupts on surface & over Corusant. Chewie flys an X-Wing
    * Rey & Kylo final battle. He reveals that he was the one who killed her parents. Luke/Obiwan/Yoda ghosts appear to help save Ben, but fail.
    * Kylo resists the light, would rather die instead & he dies. He is not redeemed. The Sith are extinguished.
    * Resistance defeats the First Order, good finally conquers evil.
    * Roll credits.
    At least this is a cohesive sprawling story with some serious character development for Kylo. I prefer him not being redeemed. Would have made his character arc all the more tragic. What a shame.

Well it turns out that not only was Trevorrow's Dual of Fates script legit, but there was a ton of pre-production artwork completed. This script was developed much further than anyone realized. Which begs the question... how on earth did Kennedy scrap this story & replace with JJ's pile of dogshit. Just look at this pretty dark version of Episode 9 & think about what we got instead.

Further example that Kennedy needs to go ASAP....

Trevorrow also said he had nothing to do with those images of the ancient "spider-baby-head" sith master mentioned earlier.

Force Ghost Luke training Rey
    3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
    First Order occupied Corusant
    11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg
    Planet Bonodan
    10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg
    Rey with Double Bladed lighsaber during Star Destroyer heist
    6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg
    Rey battling Giant Monster
    20 (resized).png20 (resized).png
    Rey escaping from Knights of Ren ship
    17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg
    C3P0 & R2D2 in the underground ruins of Corusant
    9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
    7000 year old Sith Master Tor Valum
    18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg
    Captain Phasma executing Resistance spies on Corusant with light-blade guillotine
    16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg
    C3P0 comforting badly damaged R2D2
    2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    Leia with BB-8
    8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
    Force Ghost Luke grabs Kylo's Lighsaber with his hand
    1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
    Kylo battles Darth Vader in a vision during Sith training
    4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
    Rey final battle with Kylo
    5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
    Fynn turning on Jedi Temple help beacon on Corusant
    19 (resized).png19 (resized).png
    General Hux committing suicide with lightsaber
    7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
    Final Battle on Corusant
    12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg
    13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg
    14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg
    15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg

#4557 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

It does feel a lot like Star Wars: TNG, lol. I'm just bummed about the droid, to me that was my favorite character in the whole series by far.

Yeah, it was really cool to see an IG in action. I was nerding out when it first happened. My wife had no idea who it was or why I was excited.

I've realized that the space battles are probably my favorite thing in SW. The tie fighter battle in IV is amazing, and I still jump to it when I want to test out some A/V settings.

I think SW would really benefit from a larger scale military tactic style show... politics, positioning fleets, space battles. We see so much minutiae in the ground battles surrounding a particular character. I think some more space would help the show feel of a larger scale. The universe feels like it's gotten smaller over the years, rather than bigger.

#4558 4 years ago

I think SW would really benefit from a larger scale military tactic style show... politics, positioning fleets, space battles. We see so much minutiae in the ground battles surrounding a particular character. I think some more space would help the show feel of a larger scale. The universe feels like it's gotten smaller over the years, rather than bigger.

That's why I loved Grand Admiral Thrawn so much. Rebels TV show touched on this, but he's the ultimate master military strategist. Hence the Grand Admiral title & the white uniform. Always two steps ahead of the opposition. Studies his opponents until he knows them better than themselves.

It would have awesome to see him on screen, commanding epic battles. Perhaps someday.

#4559 4 years ago

I agree with this. Does it really warrant repeated viewings? Or a special edition? No. The only reason it was well received was due to the bar was set so low.

Someone above referenced Firefly, and that series was well scripted and acted. It had characters with depth that were not comic book types. They developed as their own, not what fandom wanted.

These are corporate vehicles designed to make money, sell toys, sell t shirts, and build theme parks around. They are run by a committee, not one single person’s vision. There is no captain at the wheel here, just a bunch of power play execs.

#4560 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I agree with this. Does it really warrant repeated viewings? Or a special edition? No. The only reason it was well received was due to the bar was set so low.

I give the Mandalorian a little slack as it is "just" a TV show so keeping up a consistent flow of good shows can be difficult. On the whole been decent entertainment for the format.

#4561 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

However if you want to talk about money or eyeballs it’s probably doing very well.
    I’m currently at Hollywood Studios waiting for the Rise of the Resistance ride. The park is packed. You have to be inside the park by 7am to register for a boarding group which are completely assigned out by 7:30 now you may need to wait 12 hours to get on the ride. If you aren’t physically in the park by 7:20 you won’t get a boarding assignment. It must be a gold mine for Disney. $4.50 for a souvenir coke or sprite grenade, blue milk drink, droid build store packed. Star Wars area is packed with at least half of the people wearing Star Wars shirts or sweatshirts old ladies and young kiddies alike.
    I’ll report back after the ride to give my opinion....
    Long wait but the SW ride is one of the best of all time up the HP Gringots and Avatar Flights ride.

I’m at WDW now, and ride Rise two days ago. They spent a ton of money on it, but when I asked my kids If they liked it, they were like Eh...

It isn’t that great, although to Star Wars fans who are rapid, they might like it. I think it suffers from the poor trilogy characters and story. If it was based on the OT, it might have been better.

#4562 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It isn’t that great, although to Star Wars fans who are rapid, they might like it. I think it suffers from the poor trilogy characters and story. If it was based on the OT, it might have been better.

I guess sure (that's fair about anything). I mean if I was eating SW Pringles I'd say it'd be better if was the OT. But generally it was very realistic (made me feel like I was on the star destroyer).

#4563 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I give the Mandalorian a little slack as it is "just" a TV show so keeping up a consistent flow of good shows can be difficult. On the whole been decent entertainment for the format.

My guess is that Disney is going to do more tv serials and avoid any more films for now. Less risk and brand backlash.

#4564 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

My guess is that Disney is going to do more tv serials and avoid any more films for now. Less risk and brand backlash.

I'll be pretty shocked if there isn't another SW movie in theaters within the next three years. I get that they heard a lot of griping over the past trilogy, and that TLJ and TROS didn't make as much money as TFA (which to be fair broke all the record books), but we're still talking about one of the most massive cash engines of all time here. The SW movie machine is far too big for Disney to let it sit idle over fears of "brand backlash" or the like.

#4565 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well it turns out that not only was Trevorrow's Dual of Fates script legit, but there was a ton of pre-production artwork completed. This script was developed much further than anyone realized. Which begs the question... how on earth did Kennedy scrap this story & replace with JJ's pile of dogshit. Just look at this pretty dark version of Episode 9 & think about what we got instead.
    Further example that Kennedy needs to go ASAP....
    Trevorrow also said he had nothing to do with those images of the ancient "spider-baby-head" sith master mentioned earlier.
    Force Ghost Luke training Rey
    [quoted image]
    First Order occupied Corusant
    [quoted image]
    Planet Bonodan
    [quoted image]
    Rey with Double Bladed lighsaber during Star Destroyer heist
    [quoted image]
    Rey battling Giant Monster
    [quoted image]
    Rey escaping from Knights of Ren ship
    [quoted image]
    C3P0 & R2D2 in the underground ruins of Corusant
    [quoted image]
    7000 year old Sith Master Tor Valum
    [quoted image]
    Captain Phasma executing Resistance spies on Corusant with light-blade guillotine
    [quoted image]
    C3P0 comforting badly damaged R2D2
    [quoted image]
    Leia with BB-8
    [quoted image]
    Force Ghost Luke grabs Kylo's Lighsaber with his hand
    [quoted image]
    Kylo battles Darth Vader in a vision during Sith training
    [quoted image]
    Rey final battle with Kylo
    [quoted image]
    Fynn turning on Jedi Temple help beacon on Corusant
    [quoted image]
    General Hux committing suicide with lightsaber
    [quoted image]
    Final Battle on Corusant
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Well, I guess they kept Finn "wooing". That's about it.

So for once, Rey would have had things of substance to do. Instead they chose an awkward buddy movie, where little to no existing chemistry between the three leads existed.

Ugh.

#4566 4 years ago

Anyone watch PICARD ep1?

Wow.....

That got off to a SLOW start.

I fell asleep and I was JAZZED to watch it

Not holding out a ton of hope for this one......

#4567 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Instead they chose an awkward buddy movie, where little to no existing chemistry between the three leads existed.
    Ugh.

That was killed in the 2nd flick, TFA had it perfectly. More so Finn & Rey which was great, of course they ruined Finn's character in TLJ so that took care of that

#4568 4 years ago

Rey with the double lightsaber would have made sense. I think everyone would have bought into that considering she had her bo staff from the beginning.

#4569 4 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Anyone watch PICARD ep1?
    Wow.....

That’s very disappointing. I’ve had a lot of hope of Picard. I was going to wait till the season was over to watch it.

#4570 4 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Anyone watch PICARD ep1?
    Wow.....

I liked it actually. I mean they had 20 some odd years to explain. I think they did as good a job as they could.

#4571 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/obi-wan-kenobi-series-delayed-indefinitely/

Part of the problem is that the Kenobi story was treading similar ground as “Mandalorian,” the Jedi master lending a protective hand to a young Luke akin to the way Mando took ‘Baby Yoda’ under his custody.

Is there anything in cannon that for sure identifies Kenobi never leaves Tatooine? The worst thing they could do at this point would be to somehow throw a young Luke into the mix on this. People want Kenobi developed. Have him taken off Tatooine for whatever reason. By Kenobi's design, against his will, whatever. Make it NOTHING to do with the Skywalker saga. Hell tie it to deep space and Ezra story line .........anything but staying in the ruts of the story we know. What's the point if you do - we already know the outcome. Makes for pretty anticlimactic story telling.

#4572 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Is there anything in cannon that for sure identifies Kenobi never leaves Tatooine? The worst thing they could do at this point would be to somehow throw a young Luke into the mix on this. People want Kenobi developed. Have him taken off Tatooine for whatever reason. By Kenobi's design, against his will, whatever. Make it NOTHING to do with the Skywalker saga. Hell tie it to deep space and Ezra story line .........anything but staying in the ruts of the story we know. What's the point if you do - we already know the outcome. Makes for pretty anticlimactic story telling.

All indications are he never left the planet, and hadn't used any "credits" in years. He lived the life of a hermit.

But I'm sure he'll be riding the galaxy in adventure after adventure soon. What else can Disney ruin?

#4573 4 years ago

Since we have been discussing SciFi films or shows in general, I stumbled on this website short SciFi films (reminds me of early Black Mirror show)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7sDT8jZ76VLV1u__krUutA

#4574 4 years ago

Or just don't do a kenobi show.

#4575 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Or just don't do a kenobi show.

It is kind of crazy that Disney payed for the SW universe and only seems to be able to focus on a 50 year period of time in that universe.

Imagine buying Pixar to only make movies about Buzz and Woody.

There are literally 40 years of novels and comic adaptions to pull from. They shot themselves in the foot de-canonizing a bunch of stuff. Don’t really know why either. Probably had something to do with $$

I’d like to see more Kenobi but at the same time realize it would be forced and contrived. If KK is at the helm she needs to take a step back and take a big breath to see the infinite possibilities they could be drawing on.

#4576 4 years ago

There are literally 40 years of novels and comic adaptions to pull from. They shot themselves in the foot de-canonizing a bunch of stuff. Don’t really know why either. Probably had something to do with $$

Intellectual properties and royalties.

#4577 4 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Anyone watch PICARD ep1?
    Wow.....

I just watched it, what a terrible storyline. I don't understand, old Picard, Stewart looks very aged all of sudden, they waited too long to roll this out. I think they would have been better off writing a story about a young Picard leaving the family vineyard and joining Starfleet and his time as a young officer. This is was such a bogus story....I was shaking my head.

#4578 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I just watched it, what a terrible storyline. I don't understand, old Picard, Stewart looks very aged all of sudden, they waited too long to roll this out. I think they would have been better off writing a story about a young Picard leaving the family vineyard and joining Starfleet and his time as a young officer. This is was such a bogus story....I was shaking my head.

Star wars and trek both suffer from the same problem these days. They can't come up with new, interesting ideas, so they keep regurgitating the same crap. Ideally, I'd like to see something new set in the star trek universe, but CBS is too inept to come up with anything interesting, so we get Picard drinking earl grey and saying "make it so" and some dude with a beard playing spock.

#4579 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Star wars and trek both suffer from the same problem these days. They can't come up with new, interesting ideas, so they keep regurgitating the same crap.

Yes, agreed....speaking of interesting ideas, I just watched an episode of Mike Tyson Mysteries....that show was freaking hilarious. Holy shit, I can't believe they actually made 4 season of it. I highly recommend you guys watch a few episodes. Seriously, this show is true unicorn.

#4580 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I just watched an episode of Mike Tyson Mysteries....that show was freaking hilarious. Holy shit, I can't believe they actually made 4 season of it. I highly recommend you guys watch a few episodes. Seriously, this show is true unicorn.

With Norm Macdonald as one of his pigeons, right? Still haven't seen it but I'm a big Norm fan, so maybe it's time to give it a spin.

#4581 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

With Norm Macdonald as one of his pigeons, right? Still haven't seen it but I'm a big Norm fan, so maybe it's time to give it a spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=116&v=58VVaXtaIMo&feature=emb_title

#4582 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Star wars and trek both suffer from the same problem these days. They can't come up with new, interesting ideas, so they keep regurgitating the same crap. Ideally, I'd like to see something new set in the star trek universe, but CBS is too inept to come up with anything interesting, so we get Picard drinking earl grey and saying "make it so" and some dude with a beard playing spock.

For Trek I think Discovery tried to do this. I think the Spore drive is an attempt that let's them dabble in the "familiarity" of the established Trek universe while having the freedom to create something new. It's just been poorly executed in some's view........but TBH those people might just be looking for another Kirk vs something fresh. Regardless - Trek has taken much more risk at creating something new over SW though. The audience is actually part of the problem though. Call it Kirk syndrome or Jedi syndrome.

#4583 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, that's right....I don't know how I missed this show for the past 4 years.

#4584 4 years ago

For Trek I think Discovery tried to do this. I think the Spore drive is an attempt that let's them dabble in the "familiarity" of the established Trek universe while having the freedom to create something new. It's just been poorly executed in some's view........but TBH those people might just be looking for another Kirk vs something fresh. Regardless - Trek has taken much more risk at creating something new over SW though. The audience is actually part of the problem though. Call it Kirk syndrome or Jedi syndrome.

One of the first rules for making money should be your customers are almost never the problem.

They sell entertainment. If the people buying that product don't find it entertaining or they are not enticed to even try it the customer is not at fault.

#4585 4 years ago

well so since now the new movie force ghosts can interact with the living world they are doing some magic jedi shit with lukes lightsabre falling to cloud citys planet and a jedi catching it....

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-blue-lightsaber-mystery-cloud-city-marvel

#4586 4 years ago

Just waiting for th new movies to go looking for the neatly buried lightsabers from ROS. I mean it wasn;t too obvious or anything.

Hope it's more logical and riveting then the quest for the magic wayfinder things that show the way to the hidden planet for some...fuck never mind.

#4587 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

well so since now the new movie force ghosts can interact with the living world they are doing some magic jedi shit with lukes lightsabre falling to cloud citys planet and a jedi catching it....
    https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-blue-lightsaber-mystery-cloud-city-marvel

hand (resized).jpeghand (resized).jpeg
    #4588 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

One of the first rules for making money should be your customers are almost never the problem.
    They sell entertainment. If the people buying that product don't find it entertaining or they are not enticed to even try it the customer is not at fault.

Yes and no.......simply because while people might not like something - they don't all dislike or like it for the same reason. Particularly Art, Music, Movies, Entertainment. That was the point - some people aren't going to like Trek because its not Kirk (remember the hate the next generation got early on), while others are going to hate it because its the same old Trek. Some will hate SW without a Jedi centric story, while others are bored and don't want any Jedi. What I will say though is as someone noted above - when to try to satisfy everyone you don't please anyone.

#4589 4 years ago

This looked interesting.

#4590 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This looked interesting.

That looks awful. Like bad fan film, with a budget awful. I did lol at the laser fight, where they were 5 feet in front of each and no one hit a thing. Jesus fuck on a cracker.

#4591 4 years ago

the voice actor for the main storm trooper i thought was horrible.

#4592 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

That looks awful. Like bad fan film, with a budget awful. I did lol at the laser fight, where they were 5 feet in front of each and no one hit a thing. Jesus fuck on a cracker.

It was test footage guys for a shelved project which was to take place between the prequels and main trilogy called Star Wars Underworld which covered the rise of the Empire.

People cry there is too much Skywalker in Star Wars and cry when Lucasarts try something different.

sheesh.

#4593 4 years ago

snort!

e125246d7cffebcb (resized).jpge125246d7cffebcb (resized).jpg
    #4594 4 years ago

12/17/2019 Edited thread title to include The Rise of Skywalker to being discussed
    12/7/2018 Edited thread title to encompass a more broad range of the topics being discussed
    6/1/2018 Edited thread title to make it more relevant to current discussion
    //FLAME SUIT ON
    Wow, what a bad movie. I am clearly a big fan of star wars and went to the 1 am showing when I work at 8 am.
    Spoiler Alert, turn back now if you havent seen it or do not want any spoilers
    From start to finish it was just bad.
    I'll try to break it down chronologically
    Exhibit A:
    So at the beginning the First Order tracks down the Rebels, yadda yadda yadda, then they TRACK THEM THROUGH LIGHT SPEED / HYPERSPACE
    and everyone is like, wow that is impossible! but they never deavle into the details of just how that was pulled off. stupid.
    Exhibit B:
    The Rey with Luke stuff was pretty blah. Just was. Nothing really came out of it.
    EDIT: EXHIBIT C1: How could I forget about this one haha. When the rebel ships bridge gets blown up and Leia is floating in space, instead of freezing to death, running out of O2, or whatever would actually happen, she used the force to float back to an entrance of the ship and get back in. I was in disbelief at how bad that scene was.
    Exhibit C2:
    The whole Finn and, I think Rose?, going to some Casino town to get help was not great. I feel like they only added this stuff to check off the box of weird animals and puppet aliens. Then they meet some random guy who is going to be their code breaker who betrays them and it all just seemed so forced.
    BONUS WTF MOMENT:
    They try and go to Maz for help. Like why? what is her role.
    Exhibit D:
    Snoke! Like What the actual F&^K. He is the Supreme Leader. He tapped into the force to get Rey and Kylo to see and talk to each other. No back story on who he is/was and how he came to power. Super powerful in the force then gets cleaved in halve without ever fighting. We see a glimpse of his power with some lightning he jams at Kylo and that is it. Like what was the point of his existence other than to be "bad guy number 1" He was super strong with the force so he had to be around during 4,5,6 days but just nothing about his back story and hes gone. LAME
    Exhibit E:
    Speaking of being really strong in the force. Kylo stopped a blaster bullet in mid air in episode 7. Then in the fight with the elite guards after Snoke was killed he doesnt even use a single force push or choke or anything. You would think this kid could crush skulls with his mind. meh
    Exhibit F:
    Oh, the whole "Rey, your parents come from nothing, just a bunch of junk finders." Way to kill another plot point.
    Exhibit G:
    Well, so Force Ghost Yoda comes and visits Luke to give some advice. If they are going to use Force Ghosts and Vader came back to the Light Side as a force ghost, why wouldnt he just tell Kylo to quit being a D bag. But that is not related to this movie. What is questionable is that Yoda blows up the Jedi teachings, but alas, at the end we see Rey had taken all the old texts. Like Yoda and Luke couldnt sense that or what? Whatever.
    Exhibit H:
    Why not have droid manned ships just light speed thru all the star destoryers, or heck, the death star, anything really and blow them up. slippery slope.
    Exhibit I:
    The part of the movie that I thought was the best was Luke projecting himself in front of Kylo and that whole fight/exchange. Super cool to finally see some of Lukes ultimate power. Oh wait, then he died right after. lame.
    Sprinkle in some bad jokes for laughs and what not. bravo. made a star wars worse than the prequels.
    I probably will never watch this episode again, and for sure not going to see the next one at a midnight showing. Very disappointing
    EDIT: added these things to first post so all my rage is listed here:
    Addendum 1: Ending episode 7 on a cliff hanger with Rey anding Luke his lightsabre, then Luke tossing it over his shoulder for a cheap laugh in E8
    Addendum 2: Showing Chewie eating those cute little critters for no reason, kinda messed up to portray a beloved character that way.
    Addendum 3: Just a terrible plot device as "running out of gas" as being the big event that is causing all the turmoil.
    Addendum 4:If they are just tracking the main ship, uh duh, warp to hyperspace in the other ships and stay alive and save your fleet. derrr
    Addendum 5: Do the knights of ren even exist in this story anymore?
    Addendum 6: The entire start of Ep 7 is about the map fragment to find Luke, who doesnt want to be found cause he has a sweet spear fishing spot with fresh, non-pasteurized alien tit milk all to himself!

wow you got a lot of time on your hands LOL I would assume your dissertation on the middle three movies would take a minute to read a long minute.. I think it’s very obvious that Disney purchased the franchise in they are trying to close down Skywalker at Cetera the Skywalker saga as they called it makes sense to me there’s gonna be a few dead ends they can’t explore every single possible thing because of the saga is over now they’re going to ram side stories in spinoffs down our throat until we stop paying to see them which probably won’t ever happen I for one have absolutely loved the new movies since rogue one and I am a diehard I’ve got a tat lol.. I was dressed up as Darth Vader in the movie theater when my parents took me to see return of the Jedi... In hindsight the middle three movies were so astonishingly bad I’m glad they grabbed ewan McGregor..If you could say that the middle three movies were saved it would be because of him although I still can’t bear to watch them. I am stoked that they are doing a kenobi series with him starring.:I thought Solo was bad ass and I liked all the other new ones solo was actually one of my favorites people were hating on it because they’re used to Harrison Ford but come on people what are you gonna do travel back in time and get a young Harrison Ford I thought the kids did a great job at in Woody Harrelson etc. etc. I thought it was bad ass I thought Solo was bad ass and I liked all the other new ones solo was actually one of my favorites people were hating on it because they’re used to Harrison Ford but come on people what are you gonna do travel back in time and get a young Harrison Ford I thought the kids did a great job ad in Woody Harrelson etc. etc. I thought it was bad ass‍♂️ But again it seems pretty apparent that Disney wants to schedule the Skywalker saga

#4595 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

wow you got a lot of time on your hands LOL I would assume your dissertation on the middle three movies would take a minute to read a long minute.. I think it’s very obvious that Disney purchased the franchise in they are trying to close down Skywalker at Cetera the Skywalker saga as they called it makes sense to me there’s gonna be a few dead ends they can’t explore every single possible thing because of the saga is over now they’re going to ram side stories in spinoffs down our throat until we stop paying to see them which probably won’t ever happen I for one have absolutely loved the new movies since rogue one and I am a diehard I’ve got a tat lol.. I was dressed up as Darth Vader in the movie theater when my parents took me to see return of the Jedi... In hindsight the middle three movies were so astonishingly bad I’m glad they grabbed ewan McGregor..If you could say that the middle three movies were saved it would be because of him although I still can’t bear to watch them. I am stoked that they are doing a kenobi series with him starring.:I thought Solo was bad ass and I liked all the other new ones solo was actually one of my favorites people were hating on it because they’re used to Harrison Ford but come on people what are you gonna do travel back in time and get a young Harrison Ford I thought the kids did a great job at in Woody Harrelson etc. etc. I thought it was bad ass I thought Solo was bad ass and I liked all the other new ones solo was actually one of my favorites people were hating on it because they’re used to Harrison Ford but come on people what are you gonna do travel back in time and get a young Harrison Ford I thought the kids did a great job ad in Woody Harrelson etc. etc. I thought it was bad ass‍♂️ But again it seems pretty apparent that Disney wants to schedule the Skywalker saga

Yes, but it wasn't badass, it was more like bad and ass.

#4596 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

It's like a bad cross between Attack of the Clones and Blade runner.

#4597 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

the middle 3 movies are the original trilogy fyi

glad you find all things star wars "bad ass", i used to until how bad TLJ was.

#4598 4 years ago

the middle 3 movies are the original trilogy fyi
    glad you find all things star wars "bad ass", i used to until how bad TLJ was.

Same feeling until prequels.

#4599 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This looked interesting.

Boring.......

Thanks for sharing but that looks like a shit-show

#4600 4 years ago

Was that a Lucas project?

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/92?hl=tiltboss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.