Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,232 posts - Hot topic!
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 125.
    #4151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The WSJ had an audio article on the franchise on their site yesterday, about 22 min long. I listned, and sure enough -anyone who dares to question the SJW/Force is Female/only Stupid male leads is a racist homophobic Russian bot bigot. I kid you not.
    They can't fire KK - that would be a legal liability.

I listened to this podcast and unsubscribed after. They give like four legitimate reasons why TLJ was awful, and then they just blame racism and sexism for the hate anyways. WSJ has some great political commentary from their editorial board, but some of their non editorial staff writers are basically just propaganda shovelers.

#4152 4 years ago

Hey guys I have a lightsaber I can pull out of my ass! I can even have lightsaber battles that may even kill me even though you aren't in the room with me!

General Hux is butthurt traitor and gets killed. Useless character.

Apparently you can do mini warps randomly like playing Russian Roulette and be ok.

Character dies then moments later, GOT YA! Chewie dies, C-3PO loses memory, Ben Solo dies (dies twice), Rey dies. Anybody else want to cry wolf?

Palpatine apparently had a gf and created a kid and that kid created Rey. Seems like we missed something. Like a deleted scene. Or film. Weird Palpatine sex comes to mind. Ewwwwww!

Palpatine dies and all the ships self-destruct wooo random!

Knights of Ren be Kylo thug drinking friends with baseball bats essentially.

Finn wants to be with Poe, Rey, Rose, a new ex-First Order girl. Still can't decide.

Luke was THIS close to finding the map to Sith world but he had it all along in an X-Wing underwater. Misplaced that map somewhere gosh darn it!

Palpatine did he clone himself? He had to. So why not create multiple clones across the Outer Rim including Snoke? Hell make some evil clones too like Sith lords.

Bad CGI on young Luke/Leia.

Everyone has a Deathstar cannon whoopie technology!

Rose is suddenly irrelevant.

Balance to the force means only Jedi. The dark can't rise if there is no Palpatine right, right? Forget that anybody can become a Jedi and stay good or turn bad! Palpatine is dead and that is all that matters!

The film had good moments with anything Sith coming to mind but this film will be argued about forever. It's a contentious film.

#4153 4 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I listened to this podcast and unsubscribed after. They give like four legitimate reasons why TLJ was awful, and then they just blame racism and sexism for the hate anyways. WSJ has some great political commentary from their editorial board, but some of their non editorial staff writers are basically just propaganda shovelers.

I agree. They are news/political articles are second to none, but anything else is just more of the same as everywhere else.

#4154 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Hey guys I have a lightsaber I can pull out of my ass! I can even have lightsaber battles that may even kill me even though you aren't in the room with me!
    Apparently you can do mini warps randomly like playing Russian Roulette and be ok.
    Character dies then moments later, GOT YA! Chewie dies, C-3PO loses memory, Ben Solo dies (dies twice), Rey dies. Anybody else want to cry wolf?
    Palpatine apparently had a gf and created a kid and that kid created Rey. Seems like we missed something. Like a deleted scene. Or film. Weird Palpatine sex comes to mind. Ewwwwww!
    Finn wants to be with Poe, Rey, Rose, a new ex-First Order girl. Still can't decide.
    Luke was THIS close to finding the map to Sith world but he had it all along in an X-Wing underwater. Misplaced that map somewhere gosh darn it!
    Palpatine did he clone himself? He had to. So why not create multiple clones across the Outer Rim including Snoke? Hell make some evil clones too like Sith lords.
    Balance to the force means only Jedi. The dark can't rise if there is no Palpatine right, right? Forget that anybody can become a Jedi and stay good or turn bad! Palpatine is dead and that is all that matters!
    The film had good moments with anything Sith coming to mind but this film will be argued about forever. It's a contentious film.

I haven’t read your post, but if you have seen the movie or it’s true, please post a spoiler alert.

#4155 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I haven’t read your post, but if you have seen the movie or it’s true, please post a spoiler alert.

Spoiler alert is right in title of thread.

#4156 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Spoiler alert is right in title of thread.

That was for the older movies that everyone has surely seen by now. It is the first day for Rise of Skywalker. For the next couple weeks I think it would be courteous to give a spoiler alert if you post specific details of the movie.

#4157 4 years ago

Well then avoid this thread in particular or internet. People want to talk about it and this is the SW thread. Sorry if you saw those spoilers but you shouldn't be in this thread at this time!

#4158 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

That was for the older movies that everyone has surely seen by now.

The OP made a post specifically addressing this a few days ago and indicated that the posting title would change for this reason.

It says SPOILERS TROS right in the title.

#4159 4 years ago

I was disappointed.

Rise of Skywalker...so who exactly is the Skywalker that rose in this movie? Um...none.

I thought Kylo and Red had a connection because Snoke was behind it....ok....maybe not.

Through 8 movies, we were told you're either born with Force power or you're not...so now they can just clone people with the force?

Movie was kind of a mess. JJ Abrams had stated that when they did Force Awakens, they didn't know where it would take them...it clearly shows. I still can't figure out how Ben Solo redeemed himself. With Vader, it was very obvious...the love for his child saved him.

If the Emperor was going to come back, his presence should've been felt in all the movies. For instance, in Star Wars, they talk about the Emperor dissolving the senate. In Empire, he has a quick scene, but is mentioned throughout.

I would've liked something more along the lines of Kylo Ren, going to the destroyed death star and trying to resurrect the Emperor. Have him go further to the dark side than Vader did. Have Luke explain to Rey that she's Han and Leia's second child...if anyone can save Kylo Ren, it could only be her...hence the Rise of Skywalker title. Explain that she was hidden when Kylo turned bad, in order to protect her...because she would be a threat to him.

Lastly, why on earth does Hollywood need to force down our throats the LBGQTS lifestyle??? At the end of the day, Star Wars is a kids movie. They didn't need to have the 2 women kiss at the end...especially since, they never hinted at a relationship between them at all. In all of Star Wars...Phantom Menace has 0 kissing. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith have Anakin and Padme. Star Wars has none. Empire Luke/Leia & Han/Leia. Jedi has Han & Leia. Force Awakens and Last Jedi have none. Before anyone jumps down my throat as being anti-gay...if Star Wars were meant for only adults, I wouldn't care. It's designed for children.

#4160 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

You forgot Chewie finally got his medal the he never received in a New Hope!

#4161 4 years ago

Saw it last night, didn’t hate it, but didn’t love it either. I remember reading after TFA that JJ wished he had signed on for all 3 movies and TROS should have been 2 movies IMO. If you split the movie up, take the training of Leia by Luke flash back and of course the death of Leia and plant the seed that something bigger then Snoke is pulling the strings in the TLJ, I think that would have really helped, and of course Luke is still alive for TROS. In TROS you have Luke train Rey and at some point make the ultimate sacrifice against the emperor or in the process of turning Ren/ Ben back to good. Really think you should have a Skywalker as the main character when the movie is called The Rise of SKYWALKER!

All in all it was obvious JJ set out to undo the events as best he could from The last Jedi, but I think he might have done more damage than good!
    I hope when and if Disney does another Star Wars trilogy they actually write the story out and get one director for all three movies, say what you will about the prequels, but at least it had a clear story arc!

#4162 4 years ago

The Skywalker saga wrapped up in 1983.

Ep 7,8,9 are 3 complete piles of shit.

Treat these Disney trilogy movies like an old Marvel "What if" comic book. Makes them easier to coexist with.

Cheers boys

#4163 4 years ago

So basically- JJ copies Star Wars for Force Awakens, and then ROJ for TROS. Is it out of respect? He also copies some parts from Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Goonies so maybe he can’t help it. Matching the Death Star ruin with the knife on a coastline- right out of goonies. How did Rey know where to stand?

It wasn’t horrible. But as bad as the prequels were, RofSith tied everything together and at least connected with old fans. I didn’t get that here. It was the first Star Wars movie I’ve seen in the first week, where nobody cheered when the music started and the big Star Wars rolls up the screen. Nobody really cheered after. Rian Johnson did get a good boo when he introduced Knives Out in the trailers. Characters dying and then not being dead severely hamper this movie. What were they thinking? I do think C3PO was actually a metaphorical reference to the fans- just wipe your memories of all the crap Star Wars movies and remember why you ever enjoyed Star Wars. It actually fits because by the time his memory is restored, the movie goes off the rails.

#4164 4 years ago

Your answer lies in the post above...

#4165 4 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

You forgot Chewie finally got his medal the he never received in a New Hope!

I'm at work and I got home late last night but that certainly is one of the good things about the film. It sounds really negative what I posted but there were positives of this film.

#4166 4 years ago

So...I went as a guest with a client that rented the entire theater last night. A couple quick takes:

1) my goodness that was a hard working super busy movie, sure it had plot holes (and had to go out of its way repeatedly to address the BS left by TLJ), but my gosh did JJ Abrams put some effort into making lemonade out of lemons.

2) I get why the shill media is panning this movie, it wasn’t littered with social agenda stuff the media is flicking to. The media put so much effort into propping up the social agenda material the last movie, the fact that this movie didn’t try and force that agenda down anyone’s throat must make the shill media feel like they wasted their last two years trying to convince us that we were all really just Russian bots.

3) Rey was not a Mary Sue in this movie. JJ cobbled together some actual adversity for her to over come. Dailey Ridley is a good actress and shouldn’t receive criticism.

4) the fan service was put on super thick, possibly the thickest coat of fan service I’ve ever seen in cinema. JJ was working hard in this movie.

On the whole, I give the movie three and half out of five stars. I enjoyed it. Had TLJ set up any meaningful plot points then JJ could have really knocked this out of the park...but he has less than nothing to work with plot wise and had to address BS mistakes of TLJ like the Holdo Maneuver so he could even justify a space battle...

#4167 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

had to address BS mistakes of TLJ like the Holdo Maneuver so he could even justify a space battle...

how did they address this? (havent seen it, probably wont tbh)

#4168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

why on earth does Hollywood need to force down our throats the LBGQTS lifestyle??? At the end of the day, Star Wars is a kids movie. They didn't need to have the 2 women kiss at the end.

Before anyone jumps down my throat as being anti-gay...if Star Wars were meant for only adults, I wouldn't care. It's designed for children.

Thanks for educating me on this, I did not know children should never see two women kissing. What do you suppose could happen to the kids if they witness something like that? Could they become gay?

#4169 4 years ago

This movie sucked..how much did it suck?
    Imagine the suckiest thing you have ever experienced now multiply that by 10,000 and you are not even close to how much this movie sucked.

#4170 4 years ago

Rian Johnson dropped a big sloppy turd right in the middle of a white rug. JJ did what he could to clean it but his efforts were never going to remove that stain.

He is partly to blame but give the guy a break...

#4171 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how did they address this?

They did not.

I generally agree with TigerLaw’s assessment, especially points 3 and 4. I was very disappointed with TLJ, and did not have high hopes for this film. I was pleasantly surprised. It is easily the best of the final trilogy, and probably as good as Rogue One.

#4172 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

It is easily the best of the final trilogy, and probably as good as Rogue One

I completely agree with you.

#4173 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Thanks for educating me on this, I did not know children should never see two women kissing. What do you suppose could happen to the kids if they witness something like that? Could they become gay?

You do realize our current science concludes it is environmental stimuli that determine human sexuality? Epigenetic vs. genetic. It could be watching a movie with chics making out. Probably isn’t, but I’ll wait for science before I educate others.

#4174 4 years ago

I trust Joe Vargas (Angry Joe Show) and pretty much anything this guy has to say and he is a huge Star Wars fan. Can't wait for the Red Letter Media review. I will say a few things that Joe got wrong.

Palpatine looked amazing and my theory is Palpatine would clone himself and his clone would kill him, his essence would then transfer to his clone. It doesn't explain why he survived the Deathstar in Return of the Jedi or why he didn't transfer to a younger body since he looked about 200 years old. I.....yeah just...yeah plot holes. Maybe his essence transferred to a clone after he died in Return of the Jedi? Only possible way. *Wait now I remember he tells Kylo he has died once before. So yeah his essence went to another clone.

I don't care if 2 rebel girls kissed. Everybody was celebrating and having sex even if it's 2 different alien species. Make out with that octopus.

Chewie did indeed get his medal!

Kylo Ren redeemed himself by throwing away the lightsaber. Remember what Obi Won told a young Anakin is that your lightsaber is like a living thing much like a katana to the Samurai. It's your identity and if you notice Kylo doesn't wear that mask for the remainder of the film. One of his death gotcha moments was him surviving the TIE fighter crash. Rey cuts off one wing and it crashes immediately. Next scene Kylo is walking away from the wreckage like he somehow bailed out at the last second. I have no clue. Just call him a clone! Clones everywhere, lol!

CGI looked great especially anything Sith related.

Finn never told Rey what was on his mind in the quicksand and it looks like we may never know.

Lando has a daughter or took the girl as an adopted daughter at the end?

Action sequences were good.

The reason for Rey to be so powerful is she has Palpatine blood in her. Certain individuals family lines are strong with the force. So with the Skywalkers they are powerful with the light side while Palpatine bloodline are powerful with the Sith. The dark rises to meet the light. However Rey wasn't trained by Palpatine but by Luke and Leia. So she has both light and dark side powers. Rey isn't a clone but The Last Jedi hinted at it with the cave and the reflections then the defective clones of Snoke. I think this is a retcon thing of TLJ.

There are plot devices they introduced that I'm ok with to further expand the lore of Star Wars. Such as giving life which was I thought a dark side power. Anakin wanted to save his wife for example from death but apparently it's not a dark side ability anymore or is it? You can give life but also take it away. Maybe it's a power for both sides? Anyways Palpatine can do an EMP storm which we haven't seen before and I'll allow it because he is THAT experienced and powerful.

I could go on and on which the spoiler reviews will come out soon and I am sure will talk more in-depth. Was this a bad film? Depends upon who you ask. I have major Star Wars friends who loved it, some said it was ok and I feel like the only one who hated it. Parts of this film were worse than Revenge of the Sith. It felt rushed and you can't deny it!

#4175 4 years ago

Guys I found the deleted scene showing how Palpatine had kids so he can have Rey as his granddaughter (such an old meme) :

#4176 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So...I went as a guest with a client that rented the entire theater last night. A couple quick takes:
    1) my goodness that was a hard working super busy movie, sure it had plot holes (and had to go out of its way repeatedly to address the BS left by TLJ), but my gosh did JJ Abrams put some effort into making lemonade out of lemons.
    2) I get why the shill media is panning this movie, it wasn’t littered with social agenda stuff the media is flicking to. The media put so much effort into propping up the social agenda material the last movie, the fact that this movie didn’t try and force that agenda down anyone’s throat must make the shill media feel like they wasted their last two years trying to convince us that we were all really just Russian bots.
    3) Rey was not a Mary Sue in this movie. JJ cobbled together some actual adversity for her to over come. Dailey Ridley is a good actress and shouldn’t receive criticism.
    4) the fan service was put on super thick, possibly the thickest coat of fan service I’ve ever seen in cinema. JJ was working hard in this movie.
    On the whole, I give the movie three and half out of five stars. I enjoyed it. Had TLJ set up any meaningful plot points then JJ could have really knocked this out of the park...but he has less than nothing to work with plot wise and had to address BS mistakes of TLJ like the Holdo Maneuver so he could even justify a space battle...

We just saw it and I totally agree with basically everything you posted. He had a heck of a job to wrap up the saga and make up for the mistakes of episode 8 all in just a single 2 hour film...and he made a valiant effort. Yes things had to be way too convenient and rushed because they didn't have time properly address things, but overall I enjoyed the film. It's too bad that episode 8 wrecked everything he had going in episode 7 and then Carrie Fisher dying on top of it really made things difficult to keep a consistent story line. I honestly think Abrams did a pretty good job with what he had to work with in this situation.

#4177 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

During that scene, my friend's 5 year old ask why 2 women were kissing.

Not really the conversation he was looking to have with his son coming out of a Star Wars movie.

Thank you for completely taking what I said out of context.

#4178 4 years ago

I just saw it tonight. My overall feeling is just MEH. It’s a shame that this story wasn’t fleshed out over the entire trilogy. It just felt rushed, full of plot holes & convenient storytelling tricks. I’m sure it will get torn apart after repeat viewings. Just when I was getting into it, something dumb would snap me out of it. That said, I’d say it was definitely the best of these new trilogy movies, but that’s like trying to pick the best item on the T.G.I.Fridays menu. The bar is extremely low here.

Some random spoiler thoughts...

1) Nice seeing C3P0 get a lot of time in the spotlight. Nice seeing Sith holocrons. Nice scenes with Mark Hamill. Nice to hear about the Unknown Regions from the Thrawn books.
    2) Chewy was pretty broken up upon hearing Leia’s death. And his bait & switch death was a cheap storytelling trick. They took away one of the few emotional impacts of the film. Hey wait yeah he’s ok. Huh?
    3) The battle to end all battles & nobody important in the resistance dies. Fucking lightning everywhere, ships falling from the sky. Come on. Not even Rose? Boooo
    4) When did Palpitine have this son, who ended up having Rey? Writers say don’t think about that.
    5) How did Ray magically teleport a physical lightsaber to Ben fighting his Knights from behind her back? Writers say don’t think about it.
    6) Hey a yellow lightsaber! Writers say yeah don’t worry where she got it.
    7) Hey look! Lando is randomly hanging out disguised at that desert party. How convenient.
    8 ) Nobody gets to the unknown regions because it’s so hard to get there. Until Lando easily leads a billion ships there.
    9) Hey let’s bring back Wedge for literally 3 seconds of screen time. What was the point of that?
    10) I had the over/under of Fynn screams of “Rey or Woooo” at 5 times. Pretty sure he went way over.
    11) Nobody has a ship to fly to the Death Star wreckage? Have to take a boat in high seas? Seriously?
    12) Han Solo always said "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star“. Poe Dameron tears this Star Wars fact to shreds multiple times in the first 5 minutes of the movie.
    13) Force healing is a thing now? Thanks for setting the rules for us in advance Baby Yoda.
    14) Ewoks. Because why not? and on & on. The more I think about it, the more I’ll have a problem with the movie.

And what Skywalker rose? Dumb fricking title. Thought for sure Luke would materialize at the end & defeat the Emperor. That said it was better than I thought, considering what they had to work with after Episode 8. Well they DID have 4 writing credits on this. Ha come on.

#4179 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

You mean like when he snapped a crewman's neck that he needed intelligence from and then threw into a wall? Or choking an Imperial officer on the Deathstar? I seem to recall in Empire Strikes Back a few Imperials loosing, err, position due to Vader not keeping his cool.
    Vader as written in the original Star Wars was just a henchman/enforcer doing Tarkin's bidding, an attack dog on a leash is a good analogy.
    His roll was significantly expanded in ESB due to the fan response of the first movie, hell the "Vader is Lukes dad" sub-plot was not added in till late in the script writing. Splinter of the Minds Eye which was suppose to be the low budget follow up to A New Hope and written at the same time with input from Lucas made it clear that Vader was just a thug with no relationship to Luke and Leia.
    Star Wars took off and Splinter was shelved aside from the book which was already written and published.
    Edit: Also read Lucas notes on light sabres for the original series. The fighting style in the original movies was very deliberate because George envisioned the sabres being very heavy and unwieldy hence the 2 handed style. This gave way to the very fancy and choreographed fighting in the prequels because they were fan favorites and George decided to indulge them.
    The Vader scene in RO is also out of place for this reason, it was clearly added in to "punch things up"

Never said the dude was a pacifist. Controlled violence, one act here and there, is different than an unleashed series of killings. Unless you count Vader killing all those boxes by tossing them one after the next at Luke!

#4180 4 years ago

Saw it last night a couple of times, and drank during both shows.

Nothing really memorable, meaningful or necessary in this movie, even more than the prior two turds.

Awful to feel at least the last bowel movement took risks, and was engaging because those risks were so stupid, surprising, and jawdropping. Whereas this was as safe as could be, blurred by constantly with meaningless dumb action sequences, and from line to line, scene to scene, undercutting drama with one liners, or never allowing characters to engage and speak with one another with any semblance of meaning beyond awful Saturday morning cartoon style lines of simple and inelegant dialog.

Just incredibly safe, dull, and gratuitous.

The end.

#4181 4 years ago

It was just ok. Glad that's over. It felt more like it was a required chore to watch, rather than a film to be enjoyed. Like others have said, it felt way too rushed. I didn't personally have a problem with the previous film (#8), but I think a lot of people would be happier to see that film erased and this current one stretched over 2 movies. Maybe they have enough extra footage (from #8 and #9) to do that?

For me SW told a complete story in the first 3 films (#4 - #6), so I don't consider my childhood ruined by subsequent SW movies, that I would have been OK with never being made. The SW video games have been much more satisfying than any of the movies made since the original trilogy. SW lives on in video games, comics and books. It sucks they couldn't make a movie that was as good as the first 3, but let's be honest... most movies today are pretty forgettable. The Marvel movies make a lot of money, but they are not even close to as good as the original SW movies. Black Panther sucked IMHO.

I do love Rey though. Daisy is adorable and a great Jedi. I would gay smooch her in an instant.

I like Emergency Awesome's reviews:

And Mr. Sunday Movie's:

And then there are Easter Eggs for everything my dumbass missed:

#4182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

During that scene, my friend's 5 year old ask why 2 women were kissing.
    Not really the conversation he was looking to have with his son coming out of a Star Wars movie.

Imagine living in a world where a 5 year old has to ask his father why 2 men are killing each other with lasers because their leader told them to?

#4183 4 years ago

so is there any explanation on why they named it TROS? or just a bait and switch to make fans going in to it think rey is a skywalker or luke didnt die or something along those lines?

#4184 4 years ago

Rey rejected her Palpatine / Sith heritage. At the end of the movie, she buried Luke and Leia's light sabers near the wreckage of uncle Owen's place on Tatooine. An old woman asked her who she is, and she replied that she was a Skywalker, adopting the name in honor of her two teachers.

#4185 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

At the end of the movie, she buried Luke and Leia's light sabers near the wreckage of uncle Owen's place on Tatooine.

So your saying there is a chance sometime in the future Disney will dig them up and reanimate the corpses? Ha!

so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memegenerator-net-23624435 (resized).pngso-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memegenerator-net-23624435 (resized).png
    #4186 4 years ago

My 15 year old kids saw it last night without me. I asked them what they thought and they didn't have much to say. My one boy said parts were too dramatic. Not sure what he meant by that. Guessing he was confused by some parts. My daughter thought it was kind of boring. She actually fell asleep in the middle. My other boy mentioned he liked it but didn't have much to say about it. Could be they were tired from a very late night but seems like a Star Wars movie should get better response from kids their age. Can't say I am too excited about seeing it but will eventually.

#4187 4 years ago

Star wars is like Transformers. You go to be entertained not for substance. It has more plot then the Last Jedi. The emperor in the beginning is cool looking & I would have enjoyed the emperor more if they would have detailed the sith cult more.

The Disney Trilogy is mediocre fan fiction. I like pieces of each movie but none of them are any good.

Bad movie moments: emperor heals & emperor lightning.

#4188 4 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Rey rejected her Palpatine / Sith heritage. At the end of the movie, she buried Luke and Leia's light sabers near the wreckage of uncle Owen's place on Tatooine. An old woman asked her who she is, and she replied that she was a Skywalker, adopting the name in honor of her two teachers.

I agree.

This video from Emergency Awesome was a good enough explanation for me.

Starts at around 4:57 min.

#4189 4 years ago

they really should of had leia die in space in TLJ and wouldnt have to worry about cgi'ing her thru this one and build some character depth with kylo pulling away at the last moment only to have one of his gunners kill his mom... makes more sense, especially seeing how they had no plan for the 3rd movie anyways lol

#4190 4 years ago
    Quoted from John1210:

Rian Johnson dropped a big sloppy turd right in the middle of a white rug. JJ did what he could to clean it but his efforts were never going to remove that stain.
    He is partly to blame but give the guy a break...

This pretty much says it. There was just too much damage to overcome. Honestly though, they wasted the first movie with just retelling A New Hope, and then did not do anything to move the story forward in TLJ. So basically Abrams tried to cram a trilogy into one film.

I went to see it late last night but knew I would be picking apart all the plot holes and logical fallacies so I had a few cocktails first. Having a good buzz going really helped me overlook all the issues in the film. Waking up this morning, I’m hazy on some details of the film, so might have to go see it again. I was surprised how well they were able to fit Leia into the movie using the extra footage from the other films.

Edit: Instead of Rise of Skywalker they should have called it Rise of the clones

#4191 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Edit: Instead of Rise of Skywalker they should have called it Rise of the clones

Clone?

Name definitely doesn't make sense either way. I can't imagine feeling like any of these characters are anything other than paper flimsy. Awful how they crammed the three leads into the wizbang first half, over and over again, to remind us...."oh yeah, these three lovable leads, yeah them!!"

R2 certainly was shit all over in these three movies. That's for sure.

Go in drunk again, trust me. Alcohol is your second viewing friend.

#4192 4 years ago

Sounds like I will wait for this one to stream or DVD , and have plenty of beer . It’s unfortunate that they screwed this up so badly. I don’t understand why they didn’t hire the writers that write the books that take place after return of the Jedi , and use their storyline.

#4193 4 years ago

It was ok.

Honestly, I was hoping for a Harry Potter style ending where his family surrounds him before facing Voldemort.

Luke, Annakin, Leia, Obi Wan, Yoda, Windu, Quigon...all as Force ghosts... with unnamed others in the background... closing in on Palpatine as Rey confronts him.

#4194 4 years ago

Just watched Rise of Skywalker and loved it!
    Lots of fun and provides great closure to this epic saga
    I’ll be watching it at least one more time on the big screen, before grabbing it on Blu-Ray
    Also, I’m completely hooked on The Mandalorian, don’t know who I like more Baby Yoda or Babu

#4195 4 years ago

again, who was the old women on Tatoine in the final sequence?

#4196 4 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Your mom.

#4197 4 years ago

Lol...the dark side of Pinside

#4198 4 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

She's a bounty Hunter, waiting around for anyone named Skywalker to show up!

#4200 4 years ago

Apparently this needs posted again...
    These movies are shit.

“The Skywalker saga wrapped up in 1983.
    Ep 7,8,9 are 3 complete piles of shit.
    Treat these Disney trilogy movies like an old Marvel "What if" comic book. Makes them easier to coexist with.
    Cheers boys”

There are 6,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/84?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.