2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,819 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 213 votes
      33%
    • decent, better than the prequels 241 votes
      37%
    • really good, on par with the originals 79 votes
      12%
    • great! one of the best 75 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 45 votes
      7%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 301 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e0e8db19459f2ad1 (resized).jpeg
    Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_SWA (resized).png
    94705986_10207319404340519_4213913128456421376_n (resized).jpg
    cosmicgunfight (resized).jpg
    684d93fd754d9819 (resized).png
    Carrie Fisher (resized).jpg
    starwarsgarbage-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200205-020016_Chrome (resized).jpg
    e125246d7cffebcb (resized).jpg
    hand (resized).jpeg
    20 (resized).png
    19 (resized).png
    18 (resized).jpg
    17 (resized).jpg
    16 (resized).jpg
    15 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4819 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 97.
    #4101 6 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Welcome to the future, you're all just consumers.....just shut up and consume.

0097F9FA-1528-436D-9066-76A3FB4092A6 (resized).jpeg
    #4102 6 months ago

Let's see where this goes today.

Screenshot_20191218-040711 (resized).png
    #4103 6 months ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

Let's see where this goes today.[quoted image]

I'm already hearing shrieking from some quarters, word is that a some of the damage done by prior movie was reversed in this one.. So the defenders of TLJ are pissed. I'm not claiming it makes the current movie better, just that it refutes what was done.

#4104 6 months ago

You don't say.

Screenshot_20191218-062611 (resized).png
    #4105 6 months ago

Rotten Tomatoes score for Last Jedi is 91%
    Rise of Skywalker currently at 59%

How is that even possible? I suppose all those people who liked The Last Jedi are not going to like Rise of Skywalker because Abrams apparently tried to walk back the damage Rian Johnson did. That’s probably a good thing to those of us who hated Last Jedi.

#4106 6 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

That’s probably a good thing to those of us who hated Last Jedi.

Can't say anything without spoilers but just because it undoes some of the BS of TLJ... Doesn't mean new and fresh BS has not been laded in place.

#4107 6 months ago

You will like the new star wars movie
    What?

You will like the new star wars movie
    I will like the new star wars movie

#4108 6 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Welcome to the future, you're all just consumers.....just shut up and consume.

Didn't you know, "They Live" is a documentary

#4109 6 months ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Didn't you know, "They Live" is a documentary

I swear it is and I'm often amazed how people will defend mediocre mass marketed product to the bitter end.

How can you get so invested in a thing that is pushed out by some faceless corporation interested in making buck or promoting an agenda at your expense is beyond me.

Obey. Consume. Obey.

#4110 6 months ago

No JJ fanboy or really care but he received a TLJ shit sandwich. Critics loved that turd so reviews hold no value. I don’t know what’s salvageable to get an audience invested in the fate of these characters.

#4111 6 months ago

yahoo has a really good review/analysis on went wrong, but this line says it all.

"It is one busy, hardworking movie. But if anything has been proven by the many attempts to rekindle the magic of the original trilogy, it’s that Lucas’ cosmic amalgamation of Flash Gordon and Akira Kurosawa isn’t so easily refabricated."

Nuff said.

#4112 6 months ago

Having seen the Palps/Rey ending on Reddit, there's no way I'm spending a dime to go see this wreck.

#4113 6 months ago

Bet ya all of the negative reviews will probably prop up TLJ because TROS basically ignores a bunch of crap that TLJ tried to start up. They'll be like "well at least Rian Johnson did something original".

Its all crap.

#4114 6 months ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Bet ya all of the negative reviews will probably prop up TLJ because TROS basically ignores a bunch of crap that TLJ tried to start up.

Some of the stars and JJ were tossing shade on TLJ in interviews the past week, it was clear Disney is now tossing roundhead Johnson under the bus in an attempt to improve relations. Personally I think that ship has sailed and all they did was upset people who were praising TLJ.

https://cosmicbook.news/she-hulk-writer-f-bombs-jj-abrams-loves-last-jedi

#4115 6 months ago

I'm really surprised it's at 57%, Wow, final SW installment clocking in at 57%.....these 3 reviews were next to each other:

Thaddeus McCollum
    Orlando Weekly December 18, 2019
    In trying to please everyone... Rise of Skywalker struggles to please anyone.
    Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

Jordan Ruimy
    World of Reel December 18, 2019
    'The Rise of Skywalker' is the Weakest and Most Unengaging Installment of the New Trilogy
    Full Review | Original Score: C

Alan Zilberman
    Brightest Young Things December 18, 2019
    It "corrects" its course in a deeply fearful way, to the point it distrusts the audience.
    Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

On other fronts, has anyone seen 1917 trailer yet? It looks fantastic....the story reminds me a bit of Gallipoli, an 80's gem.

#4116 6 months ago

I just hope this signals the end of the "make it up as you go" trilogy/franchise. Trilogies or even a large franchise can be fantastic if you know where its going at the outset. Making it up as you go is stupid. Changing directors through a trilogy/story arc also kind of stupid if you're trying to build interest/engagement with the characters. It is after all art. "hey Van Gogh........finish up this Rembrandt for us"

#4117 6 months ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I just hope this signals the end of the "make it up as you go" trilogy/franchise. Trilogies or even a large franchise can be fantastic if you know where its going at the outset. Making it up as you go is stupid. Changing directors through a trilogy/story arc also kind of stupid if you're trying to build interest/engagement with the characters. It is after all art. "hey Van Gogh........finish up this Rembrandt for us

100% agree. It's why Skyfall was so good but Spectre was so shitty. They tried to tie all of the previous movies together retroactively.

Let's face it TRS will be entertaining. Go see it! Laugh when it is really stupid, laugh when it is genuinely funny, laugh when count dooku comes back. Star Wars is dead. The studio has gotten way too involved, leading to everyone having interests in the films plot, & then you have a "make it up as you go" set of films.

#4118 6 months ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

It is after all art. "hey Van Gogh........finish up this Rembrandt for us"

#1 It ain't art.
    #2 Van Gogh could have turned a Rembrandt into a masterpiece - he shouldn't even be in the same sentence as these clowns.

#4119 6 months ago

My son just came home after watching it.
    He didn't want to talk about it at all.

Normally he's a chatterbox about everything.

#4120 6 months ago

Bob Iger & the Disney execs have to be shitting bricks with these reviews. If the shill media won't support TROS, then I can only imagine how bad this is going to be.

Kind of excited to see the train wreck now, because I will really enjoy watching the Lucasfilm heads roll if it bombs. Wait for the fumbling interviews, the pointing of fingers & idiotic attempts at explaining their failure from Kennedy & JJ. How there will be books will be written about the behind the scene turmoil after the dust settles. When Lucas & Hamill will be free to express their displeasure with everything that happened. I got my popcorn & I'm ready to see the shitshow on Friday!

Plus Disney has dropped a billion+ on new theme park rides & attractions set in this shitty trilogy that nobody gives a flying fuck about. Brilliant strategy guys! Everyone will be saying Star Wars is dead, while the Mandalorian is a huge success & baby yoda merch flying off the shelf. Should have just given the fans what they wanted in the first place you fools.

#4121 6 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

#1 It ain't art.
    #2 Van Gogh could have turned a Rembrandt into a masterpiece - he shouldn't even be in the same sentence as these clowns.

This ^^^^^^

#4122 6 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

#1 It ain't art.

I think the point is that Rembrandt and Van Gogh have two completely different styles of painting that would make a collaborative effort look disjointed. Not that these other hacks can be compared to Rembrandt and Van Gogh.

I keep seeing people talk about Count Dooku coming back. Please tell me this isn’t true. Christopher Lee died before filming didn’t he?

#4123 6 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I think the point is that Rembrandt and Van Gogh have two completely different styles of painting that would make a collaborative effort look disjointed. Not that these other hacks can be compared to Rembrandt and Van Gogh.
    I keep seeing people talk about Count Dooku coming back. Please tell me this isn’t true. Christopher Lee died before filming didn’t he?

yeah he died well before this trainwreck

#4124 6 months ago

ign review game it a 7

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/18/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-review

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is an entertaining but deeply flawed final chapter that ultimately plays it too safe."

"There is a lot to process walking out of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, a film engineered to hit the viewer on multiple levels while struggling to settle 42 years’ worth of story elements – probably too much for any one film to handle. For as much love, passion, and nostalgia is evident in this movie, it’s also a film very palpably made from a place driven by fear of disappointing the audience, and that anxiety fuels a lot of the story’s curious creative choices and unwieldy execution. The film’s heartstring-tugging moments, technical impressiveness, and relentless action will likely be enough for those fans who just want to keep the visor down on their blast shield helmets and let the Force flow through them. But for those who need some consistency and logic to the story in this elaborately detailed fictional galaxy, there will likely be the bittersweet pang of accepting that this long-running saga couldn’t quite stick the landing. But even at its most divisive and imperfect, the Star Wars franchise has offered much to embrace and celebrate. This finale to the Skywalker Saga is, if nothing else, a tribute to that legacy."

#4125 6 months ago

just watched it. better than TLJ. a force ghost doing some tricks. no blue milk. aprox a million "copy and paste" starkiller ships. ewoks.
    something forgotten? ah, yes. palpatine. Lens flares

im going to drink some whisky now.

#4126 6 months ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

just watched it. better than TLJ. a force ghost doing some tricks. no blue milk. aprox a million "copy and paste" starkiller ships. ewoks.
    something forgotten? ah, yes. palpatine. Lens flares
    im going to drink some whisky now.

Are the horses in space?

#4127 6 months ago

whats weird is i havent heard a single person talk about this movie coming out or seen any crap about it on my facebook feed. last time around everything was bonkers

#4128 6 months ago

Hey, the newest episode of the mandolin was actually pretty good at least

#4130 6 months ago

I find it so funny that all the sudden the shill media agrees the fan outrage at TLJ is real and is a problem...after two years of calling the complaining fans nothing more than Russian Bots, elderly, fringe sexists, or whatever else they could think of to act like we didn’t exist or our opinions didn’t matter.

This movie if not going to reach the “low end” of the projection of $1.4 - $1.7 billion. Obviously it’s way too early to tell but those projections are going to be way high. Disney will be pondering how they blew this incredible opportunity they had with SW. KK will be gone by the end of Q2 next year, they will transition somewhere else and not fire her.

#4131 6 months ago

To fire KK would be to admit that Disney screwed up. That’s not something they’re willing to do. She will have a lateral move and slowly fade away.

#4132 6 months ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Are the horses in space?

No, but very high above the ground.

The whole movie tried to ignore EP8 somehow.
    Ok, Luke is dead. And Snoke.But that is the only thing you need to know for getting into the Story.

#4133 6 months ago

The whole movie tried to ignore EP8 somehow.
    Ok, Luke is dead. And Snoke.But that is the only thing you need to know for getting into the Story.

Literally, Luke is dead is the one thing that they needed to roll back from that Last Jedi Turd.
    Very high above the ground? WTF! That’s even less believable. So all those Star Destroyers were sub-Atmospheric? Seeing as how the horses seemed to be held down to the ship by normal “earth like” gravity how the fuck does that scene exist? Now I realize that this is fantasy, but from what I remember about Star Wars is that it is in the same universe as us. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I will let a little physics slide, but that type of crap will ruin the movie for me.

#4134 6 months ago

Just to expand on my previous post. The whole Idea of the force was that it was magical to little kids such as myself back in the day. There was this idea that the force existed in our world, but its secrets had been lost a long time ago. Somehow maybe we could “harness” this force.

#4135 6 months ago

found this image online that sums up exactly what I hate about nuWars and why I haven't watched a single minute of SW content since watching TFA.

whynuwarssucks (resized).jpg
    #4136 6 months ago

The reviews I have seen are brutal. Most of the leaks have been confirmed the flaming dumpster fire.

Bad but in a different way from TLJ.

Someone summed it up in a concise manner; Disney went to Reddit, found the worse Star Wars fanfiction posted by a deranged writer and shot it.

They crap on Return of the Jedi for good measure.

#4137 6 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I find it so funny that all the sudden the shill media agrees the fan outrage at TLJ is real and is a problem...after two years of calling the complaining fans nothing more than Russian Bots, elderly, fringe sexists, or whatever else they could think of to act like we didn’t exist or our opinions didn’t matter.
    This movie if not going to reach the “low end” of the projection of $1.4 - $1.7 billion. Obviously it’s way too early to tell but those projections are going to be way high. Disney will be pondering how they blew this incredible opportunity they had with SW. KK will be gone by the end of Q2 next year, they will transition somewhere else and not fire her.

The WSJ had an audio article on the franchise on their site yesterday, about 22 min long. I listned, and sure enough -anyone who dares to question the SJW/Force is Female/only Stupid male leads is a racist homophobic Russian bot bigot. I kid you not.

They can't fire KK - that would be a legal liability.

#4138 6 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The WSJ had an audio article on the franchise on their site yesterday, about 22 min long. I listned, and sure enough -anyone who dares to question the SJW/Force is Female/only Stupid male leads is a racist homophobic Russian bot bigot. I kid you not.
    They can't fire KK - that would be a legal liability.

Hilarious.

I'll have to see if I can find it but literally saw an article in the last week where Disney was trying to walk back the "Russian bot" thing in regards to The Last Jedi.

#4139 6 months ago

This new trilogy has been woeful start to finish. Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE!

Star Wars is just a cash cow for Disney now.

In saying that though, I'll still be visiting the theme park in September when I go to Florida

#4140 6 months ago

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/18/review-disney-and-lucasfilms-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-is-a-terrible-end-to-the-skywalker-saga/#6a0a855113c6

forbes : "TROS worst star wars movie ever"

"The Rise of Skywalker is a bad movie and a miserable finale that serves no purpose other than to reassure adult fans of the original Star Wars that they are still the “chosen ones” of the pop culture galaxy."

this line tho lol
    "Finn, Poe and Rey are mostly action figures moved into place as the plot demands."

#4141 6 months ago
    Quoted from BigPhil:

Star Wars is just a cash cow for Disney now.

Well they are doing a poor job of milking it, the cow is dead or almost so.

#4142 6 months ago

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/18/review-disney-and-lucasfilms-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-is-a-terrible-end-to-the-skywalker-saga/#6a0a855113c6
    forbes : "TROS worst star wars movie ever"
    "The Rise of Skywalker is a bad movie and a miserable finale that serves no purpose other than to reassure adult fans of the original Star Wars that they are still the “chosen ones” of the pop culture galaxy."
    this line tho lol
    "Finn, Poe and Rey are mostly action figures moved into place as the plot demands."

Well, TFA made a lot of money so they figured we can do no wrong.....let's just keep the mill running and make a bundle. I really wanted this to be a lot better than the last 2 (which I swear is not that hard to do) but it looks like they failed at that too. I just hope the legend of JJ Abrams comes to and end here...now, after messing up 2 of the best franchises in film/tv history.

#4143 6 months ago

star wars is gonna be a direct to dvd franchise soon

not really but it does seem to be getting worse lol

#4144 6 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes - that was indeed the point.

Thought it would be more obvious to most........but hey, what evs.

#4145 6 months ago

"Finn, Poe and Rey are mostly action figures moved into place as the plot demands

Hahahaha. Didn't they realize this after TLJ? Finn and Poe are throw away characters. Finn was defined by Captain Phasma or w/e and she was a throw away character. So sad.

There is no reason to go see any further movies. What is going to get me to change my mind, you ask? A KOTOR movie series? PASS. A new trilogy with whole new characters? They can't handle a legacy trilogy what hope is there with new characters? PASS. A trilogy set after ROTJ? PASS.

#4146 6 months ago
    Quoted from GolfKill:

found this image online that sums up exactly what I hate about nuWars and why I haven't watched a single minute of SW content since watching TFA.[quoted image]

Where is this online? I love this.
    I want to find a better copy so I can print it out.

Thanks in advance.

#4147 6 months ago

Let me guess: Rehash of the "Fire Mares" in Krull?
    Fire Mares.gif

#4148 6 months ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Let me guess: Rehash of the "Fire Mares" in Krull?
    [quoted image]

yes, but without fire

to be honest, tha movie was not THAT bad.
    One of the best of the latest trilogy
    everything "we" adressed within EP8 was implemented:
    Jedi training of REY, the Parents of Rey, why Snoke was so unimportant after all, the silly fight of Ken and rey with the guardians without using the force, too much Porgs, Lukes x-wing fighter and so on.

i really think, if Rain J. didn´t have messed the whole thin up, the latest trilogy would have been kinda awesome.

Anyway.

who was the woman in the last sequence, asking rey who she was?

#4149 6 months ago

Just imagine an episode 8 and 9 with:
    - Rey trains with Luke and quickly becomes a badass with his training and her strong connection to the force
    - We learn why Rey is so powerful. Being Palpatine's granddaughter is fine. Or maybe she was created by Snoke and someone hid her from him.
    - Luke mourns Han and connects with Chewbacca over his death in an evening of reminiscing over Han
    - Luke returns and has a touching reunion with his sister
    - Kylo is conflicted between the poisoning of his mind and thirst for power vs. his love for his parents and uncle/mentor. Maybe even add in an obsession/love for Rey that further conflicts him. And keep that damn cool helmet!
    - Finn deals with internal conflict with fighting against other former child slaves like himself that are still stormtroopers, maybe even becoming a symbol that leads to further rebellion within the First Order, thereby increasing the Resistance's numbers with real fighters.
    - We see Phasma being a total boss ruining regular people and maybe even decently holding herself against Rey for a time before something stops their fight from continuing. She eventually dies to Finn after being weakened by her encounter with Rey. Or maybe Chewbacca and R2 assist in this fight.
    - Poe is more difficult to make a deep character out of but maybe they don't all have to be deep. Perhaps his bravado in a dog fight gets his wingman killed?
    - We find out more about Maz, maybe even learning that she has some force sensitivity, and also learning how she got a hold of Anakin's lightsaber. Perhaps she has been plotting against Snoke for centuries and is killed by him after surprising him with her power.
    - Snoke shows off his true power in subtle and less subtle ways to set him up as a terrifyingly powerful villain with a history of being behind the scenes all along.
    - A final showdown between Luke and Snoke with a nearby fight between Rey and Kylo. Luke is terribly injured or killed by Snoke and Kylo, due to multiple reasons (the loss of his uncle, his love for Rey, his losing to Rey in their fight) turns on Snoke and he and Rey barely defeat him, maybe with a little help from Luke.
    - We see a grand funeral for Leia (killed in battle somehow) that is also a touching tribute to Carrie Fisher

This isn't necessarily in order but all are plot points that I feel are superior to everything in TLJ and most of what I am hearing about TROS.

#4150 6 months ago

Sorry for the double posting but Mandalorian Ep 7 was phenomenal IMO. I can't wait for the season finale!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 4819 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 97.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside