Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 125.
    #4001 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

For total Vader Badassery, I'd say his conflicts as Anakin, dealing with the weight of his mother being tortured, then slaying those skanky skunky Tuskens and fams, was more drama inducing.
    I rewatched the Rogue One end scene after you posted this, and unofficially I'd say scene 38, the redo, is far more aggressive and nasty than Rogue One.

Obviously, unofficial.
    But the prior scene I mentioned, and him telling Padme there was a rampage, lying to her, to get her on his side after he murdered children and anyone that stood in his way, was far more psychotic and ruthless as "Vader" than a chip chop scene leading from Rogue One to a New Hope.
    His scene with Padme later, telling her of his betrayal to his entire life, has more weight for me also.
    The moments where Anakin has to face his decision making, is far more weighty and consequence filled than a quick hack and slash of some goofy helmet wearing turd rebel turd burglars. For me, it's his transional scenes, from innocent Ani, to wicked Darth, which seem the most drama filled.
    His humanity, and therein his loss of it, is more compelling than random murder.

I can't count the "unofficial" version when comparing.

As far as anakin turning to darth vader, it was pretty poorly acted, which takes everything away.
    There is a big difference in a petulant child killing little kids and mindless creatures versus numerous grown men with weapons that have absolutely no chance of defeating him though their lives and the universe is depending on them.
    That scene is on a whole other level.

#4002 4 years ago

Vader's scene at the end of rogue one is thinly veiled fan service. It serves absolutely no purpose other than an excuse to have Darth Vader swing a lightsaber. That scene was made for the lowest common denominator of star wars fan. The people who like phantom menace because it has pod racing, or the people who think Sith is the best movie because it has the bestest lightsaber fight.

#4003 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Modern cinema is absolutely on the decline. It seems like no movie can be a big success off new IP, it has to be a sequel or spin off of some other property.
    The last big “new idea” “stand alone” movie I can remember that was truly a blockbuster was Inception. All other new IP movie seem to just be DOA unless it’s Pixar...and even Pixar is into sequels now.
    All of these things go in cycles though, just as currently Hollywood is currently making cookie cutter non-offensive things designed to be fully inclusive and take no risks, the pendulum will swing one day away from that creative model to edgier stuff. It’ll be like the the WWF (now WWE) in the 90’s. Right before the “Attitude Era” began the WWF was giving us Doink the Clown and other cookie cutter characters...edgier stuff will follow this creative lull we are in.

Guardians of the Galaxy gave me the same vibes as SW OT. While it might not have been "original" because of the comics - it was a fresh take on the super hero movie for sure.........and was also actually stand alone in that there was no stupid cliff hanger at the end.

there's lots that have tried to be "new" but IMO failed out of the gate because instead of just making a great movie, they set their sites on making a great franchise out of the gate. They set themselves up for failure because they've got a road map with sequels, merchandise, etc, and no one's even watched or like the first movie yet.

#4004 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Vader's scene at the end of rogue one is thinly veiled fan service. It serves absolutely no purpose other than an excuse to have Darth Vader swing a lightsaber. That scene was made for the lowest common denominator of star wars fan. The people who like phantom menace because it has pod racing, or the people who think Sith is the best movie because it has the bestest lightsaber fight.

It ruined the movie for me honestly. So out of character.

#4005 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Loved the Vader scene in Rogue One. That was fan service at it's best. I much rather have that then grumpy Luke and porgs.

#4006 4 years ago

It was fan service but done in a good way. To say every scene in a movie is to move the plot forward is a fallacy. There are many filler scenes in modern movies, especially action movies. It dovetailed nicely with the ANH. It didn't break any canon or lore. Besides you have to also give credence to the fact it's a new movie and a new story....heck even a new Vader, updated for the present time. It did not impact Vader's character in any way. If you want to screw around with a character or story frankly that's the way you'd want to do it.

#4007 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

It was fan service but done in a good way. To say every scene is in a movie to move the plot is a fallacy. There are many filler scenes in modern movies, especially action movies. It dovetailed nicely with the ANH. It didn't break any canon or lore. Besides you have to also give credence to the fact it's a new movie and a new story....heck even a new Vader, updated for the present time. It did not impact Vader's character in any way. If you want to screw around with a character or story frankly that's the way you want to do it.

I thought that scene was awesome, they finally let us see Vader off his leash, it tied in perfectly to the scene later when Leia says it to Tarkin. I don't know why so many people hated it. Rogue One was the best since the OT. I didn't mind TFA as I gave them a pass on the whole playing it safe and basically redoing the ANH. I thought they were just trying to earn a little trust give the fans what they wanted. I was super excited for TLJ and everything since has been complete garbage.

#4008 4 years ago

I know it's not Marvel, but is anybody watching the Crisis on Infinte Earths series on the CW? I stopped watching the CW a few years ago, but because I was only 12 when I read Crisis in 1985, and my favorite hero lost his life, I'm going to give it a shot.

After one episode, it seems to follow the overall arch of the story, but the details are way different as it has to fit in their current CW world. Was good seeing the Monitor and his two companions, but it's missing the entire Earth 1 (JSA) heroes. But...we'll see.

#4009 4 years ago

Vader's scene in Rogue One is probably my favorite scene from any of the films. Anyone who says it's out of place might want to read a novel, comic book or view one of the cartoons from that Ep3 to Ep4 period. At that time Vader was young, angry, ruthless, and a feared force though out the galaxy. By Rogue One he's at his peak. It was wonderful to finally see him using all his powers & skills on screen for the first time. Deflecting shots, force choking, cutting people in half, ripping blasters from their hands, inspiring fear & terror in his enemies. Presented perfectly.

Old ass Yoda leaping & spinning with a lightsaber in Episode 2? Executed extremely bad to the point it was laughable.

#4010 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I thought that scene was awesome, they finally let us see Vader off his leash, it tied in perfectly to the scene later when Leia says it to Tarkin. I don't know why so many people hated it. Rogue One was the best since the OT. I didn't mind TFA as I gave them a pass on the whole playing it safe and basically redoing the ANH. I thought they were just trying to earn a little trust give the fans what they wanted. I was super excited for TLJ and everything since has been complete garbage.

And I know some of you know that the Vader scene was written in directed by Tony Gilroy not Gareth Edwards. Tony was brought in because supposedly the movie was in real trouble...I'm not sure what that meant. But there may have been continuity/missing tie-in scenes etc. He supposedly took over the entire project at the end and rewrote a bunch of scenes. Remember the trailer was a bit different from the movie, and also the scenes of them running on the beach with the hard drive, all of that was scrapped for the ending that we got....I love the Shakespearean ending....everybody dies. Haha, HW doesn't like sad endings.
    Gilroy is a cool dude....he's a writer that knows how to direct....but he is a writer first.

#4011 4 years ago

And when did he exhibit those peak skills in the OT which took place hours after Rouge One? Why didn't he just wander in the rebel ship and take out all the rebels instead of the STs taking the damage?

Sorry, it was out of place, ridiculous, and pointless.

#4012 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Vader's scene in Rogue One is probably my favorite scene from any of the films. Anyone who says it's out of place might want to read a novel, comic book or view one of the cartoons from that Ep3 to Ep4 period. At that time Vader was young, angry, ruthless, and a feared force though out the galaxy. By Rogue One he's at his peak. It was wonderful to finally see him using all his powers & skills on screen for the first time. Deflecting shots, force choking, cutting people in half, ripping blasters from their hands, inspiring fear & terror in his enemies. Presented perfectly.
    Old ass Yoda leaping & spinning with a lightsaber in Episode 2? Executed extremely bad to the point it was laughable.

But he never went that batshit in A New Hope. He always seemed like a controlled animal on a leash, which is what it seemed like he became once the Emperor "saved" him, after he DID go batshit dark as Anakin.

I always got the impression Vader was in control, controlled, and only killed when necessary, like a living weapon. Never killing ruthlessly, more for function than sport or aggression.

#4013 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

But he never went that batshit in A New Hope. He always seemed like a controlled animal on a leash, which is what it seemed like he became once the Emperor "saved" him, after he DID go batshit dark as Anakin.
    I always got the impression Vader was in control, controlled, and only killed when necessary, like a living weapon. Never killing ruthlessly, more for function than sport or aggression.

It's super tactical moment in Rogue One, he knows they have the plans and he needs them back. He is completely in control he is just a bad ass, he is not just killing them for fun, they are directly between him and his target. We don't see it after that because the Rebels learned their lesson, on Hoth when he is on the ground people get the fuck out of his way.

#4014 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Oh horseshit. You shouldn't have to read the books or watch the cartoons for the movies to make sense.

#4016 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It's super tactical moment in Rogue One, he knows they have the plans and he needs them back. He is completely in control he is just a bad ass, he is not just killing them for fun, they are directly between him and his target. We don't see it after that because the Rebels learned their lesson, on Hoth when he is on the ground people get the fuck out of his way.

This^^^

But the 880 year old ass-kicking Yoda scene in Ep2 was more believable? I digress. To each their own. I love everything about Rogue One from beginning to end.

#4017 4 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-will-introduce-new-force-powers-likely-to-divide-fans

Well this does not sound optimistic. JJ has already started waving the red flags, hoping to cover his ass from the expected negative blowback.

"It was really important that we not just redo the things you've seen, but add new elements—which we knew will infuriate some people and thrill others,” Abrams explained, adding, "Among those things are not just new ways of doing sort of traditional, must-have sequences, whether it's chases or lightsaber battles, or what have you. We wanted to make sure that this picture also showed aspects of the Force in ways that go beyond what you've seen before."

"Infuriate" is a pretty strong choice of words. Which means he's expecting a large portion of fans to have a big problem with the choices he's made. Since we know the Emperor is back from the dead from the trailers, it's pretty easy to connect the dots. I want to be clear I've read no spoilers or theories, but think Rey is going to go SUPER Mary Sue for Episode 9 & have the force power to raise the dead as well. Probably some dumb explanation why SHE is actually the chosen one (not Anakin). If true then Luke, Yoda & all the rest will be back from the dead right? Talk about jumping the shark. Hope I'm wrong.

#4018 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-will-introduce-new-force-powers-likely-to-divide-fans
    Well this does not sound optimistic. JJ has already started waving the red flags, hoping to cover his ass from the expected negative blowback.
    "It was really important that we not just redo the things you've seen, but add new elements—which we knew will infuriate some people and thrill others,” Abrams explained, adding, "Among those things are not just new ways of doing sort of traditional, must-have sequences, whether it's chases or lightsaber battles, or what have you. We wanted to make sure that this picture also showed aspects of the Force in ways that go beyond what you've seen before."
    "Infuriate" is a pretty strong choice of words. Which means he's expecting a large portion of fans to have a big problem with the choices he's made. Since we know the Emperor is back from the dead from the trailers, it's pretty easy to connect the dots. I want to be clear I've read no spoilers or theories, but think Rey is going to go SUPER Mary Sue for Episode 9 & have the force power to raise the dead as well. Probably some dumb explanation why SHE is actually the chosen one (not Anakin). If true then Luke, Yoda & all the rest will be back from the dead right? Talk about jumping the shark. Hope I'm wrong.

You can't soar like an eagle when you're dealing with a bunch of Turkeys.

#4019 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This^^^
    But the 880 year old ass-kicking Yoda scene in Ep2 was more believable? I digress. To each their own. I love everything about Rogue One from beginning to end.

I don't know many that are arguing the wacky Yoda antics are as or more valid. They're fun, but out of context and seem a bit goofy. My jaw dropped half as much from it being unchained goofy fun, and half from being unchained goofy stupid rationally.

I sadly feel the only relevant part of Rogue One IS that last three minutes or so. I never needed to see the plans, knew who took them, or care how they travelled along, to know that the plans mattered. They're a mcguffin, and an entire movie about forgettable characters was entirely gratuitous through and through.

Doesn't mean people can't enjoy it. But there really aren't moments that built galaxy lore, compelling characters or worthwhile drama, outside the Vader whupping and CG Lea.

#4020 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Gonna be a shit show... bringing back Palps in itself is horrible (another invalidation of the OT story arc). They wrote themselves into this mess ... getting out of it and trying to make Rey a bonafide hero is going to require a bunch of convenient plot points that will probably make you wanna vomit.

#4021 4 years ago

Does anyone else wonder if Star Wars is doomed to fail as the source material has run out with George Lucas being out of the picture? How many more shows and movies can be done about the time between trilogies before it starts to feel dull? Personally I think we are already there. Hell even The Mandalorian can't make it past a few a few episodes before losing its luster. What type of new story can even top what has already created in the original trilogy? I'll admit that I don't see it.

#4022 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone else wonder if Star Wars is doomed to fail as the source material has run out with George Lucas being out of the picture? How many more shows and movies can be done about the time between trilogies before it starts to feel dull? Personally I think we are already there. Hell even The Mandalorian can't make it past a few a few episodes before losing its luster. What type of new story can even top what has already created in the original trilogy? I'll admit that I don't see it.

Disney Star Wars will always be akin to going out on a first date with someone that can't get over an ex....

We'll never be free for them to create anything actually new, and when they've attempted, it's still seemed iterative and awful.

#4023 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:Does anyone else wonder if Star Wars is doomed to fail as the source material has run out with George Lucas being out of the picture? How many more shows and movies can be done about the time between trilogies before it starts to feel dull? Personally I think we are already there. Hell even The Mandalorian can't make it past a few a few episodes before losing its luster. What type of new story can even top what has already created in the original trilogy? I'll admit that I don't see it.

Star Wars is a soap opera ... it’s become too big for its britches. It was never meant to be a “universe”.

#4024 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Star Wars is a soap opera ... it’s become too big for its britches. It was never meant to be a “universe”

Problem is you can make thousands of fan videos and theories in between movies. Alot of them build hype but the movies rarely live up to our expectations.

They should have ask Mark Hamil to consult the scripts. He's got a really good handle on Luke. Luke could have become jaded with the Jedi after his apprentice betrayed him and killed his flock.

#4025 4 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Problem is you can make thousands of fan videos and theories in between movies. Alot of them build hype but the movies rarely live up to our expectations.
    They should have ask Mark Hamil to consult the scripts. He's got a really good handle on Luke. Luke could have become jaded with the Jedi after his apprentice betrayed him and killed his flock.

Yes and it’s had almost a half of a century to grow all kinds of tentacles. Some good and some bad.

#4026 4 years ago

Ugh.

star-wars-sabers-2 (resized).jpgstar-wars-sabers-2 (resized).jpg
    #4027 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Ugh.[quoted image]

Damn lol, that does look bad.

#4028 4 years ago

That can’t be legit. That has to be a fan made piece.

#4029 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

With the shitty weird arms, you'd think so, but....

https://screenrant.com/rise-skywalker-poster-darth-vader-rey-kylo-ren/

#4030 4 years ago

Very eerie how little awareness or hype exists around a movie this big with less than ten days to go..

#4031 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Very eerie how little awareness or hype exists around a movie this big with less than ten days to go..

It's because they destroyed all the hype the first movie created. The first movie was all about Luke being gone and then a huge buildup for him in the second, only to be completely let down by the whole thing. Now there's nothing left to look forward to honestly, Disney has created apathy towards the whole thing. People will watch it but it's now just another movie. Disney royally screwed this up, you don't mess with nostalgia or the main hero in a movie. It'd be like if Rocky got killed by Mr T in Rocky 3, and then wasn't in Rocky 4...would anyone have cared about Rocky 4? Same thing here. It's Star Wars, but they've destroyed all the heroes and things people care about...you know what happens when you destroy all the things people care about? They don't care anymore.

#4032 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it's colossal and Disney Daft as always, to show this image. I wasn't sure, assumed, it was the Vader bust/helmet, but now.....yeah, here it is. Way to go with mystery, dumbfucks.

#4033 4 years ago

Wow. That poster looks like something off the cover of an early 80s, straight to video cheese flick

#4034 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

It's because they destroyed all the hype the first movie created. The first movie was all about Luke being gone and then a huge buildup for him in the second, only to be completely let down by the whole thing. Now there's nothing left to look forward to honestly, Disney has created apathy towards the whole thing. People will watch it but it's now just another movie. Disney royally screwed this up, you don't mess with nostalgia or the main hero in a movie. It'd be like if Rocky got killed by Mr T in Rocky 3, and then wasn't in Rocky 4...would anyone have cared about Rocky 4? Same thing here. It's Star Wars, but they've destroyed all the heroes and things people care about...you know what happens when you destroy all the things people care about? They don't care anymore.

BINGO!

#4035 4 years ago

That poster is misdirection, they're just bringing everything and everyone back to pump up the marketing. For better or worse I've seen the latest plot leak(since I don't plan on seeing this in the theater). There is going to be some head scratching moments in there..I don't want to spoil it for you all. But the big reveal should've been the emperor, I don't understand why you would reveal his return in the trailer beforehand.

#4036 4 years ago

looking forward to going to the movie in the theater this holiday. i still have hopes for it as a true star wars fan, hell both of my dogs are named after star wars characters.

#4037 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

That poster is misdirection, they're just bringing everything and everyone back to pump up the marketing. For better or worse I've seen the latest plot leak(since I don't plan on seeing this in the theater). There is going to be some head scratching moments in there..I don't want to spoil it for you all. But the big reveal should've been the emperor, I don't understand why you would reveal his return in the trailer beforehand.

I honestly think this is just a way to try keep people curious.... and get them to come and check it out. Its really the only explanation for letting the cat out of the bag. Still trying to make money off of the OT while pretending that everyone is jazzed for the new characters.

#4038 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Gonna be a shit show... bringing back Palps in itself is horrible (another invalidation of the OT story arc). They wrote themselves into this mess ... getting out of it and trying to make Rey a bonafide hero is going to require a bunch of convenient plot points that will probably make you wanna vomit.

It's easy to see what they are going. Luke and Vader were not strong enough to kill the Emperor, but Rey the superhuman woman will.

#4039 4 years ago

The entire concept of bringing The Emperor back seems dumb. Bringing Palpatine back basically ruins Vaders story arch.

Also, I guess this means those huge chunks of the Death Star II, including the throne room, survived the massive explosion along with The Emperor at the end of ROTJ. Lol ok Disney.

Oh wait a minute, that little tiny dot is Palpatine floating away in a force bubble. Now it all makes sense!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

It's time for this trilogy to...

#4040 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The entire concept of bringing The Emperor back seems dumb. Bringing Palpatine back basically ruins Vaders story arch.
    Also, I guess this means those huge chunks of the Death Star II, including the throne room, survived the massive explosion along with The Emperor at the end of ROTJ. Lol ok Disney.

Oh wait a minute, that little tiny dot is Palpatine floating away in a force bubble. Now it all makes sense!
    [quoted image]
    It's time for this trilogy to...

This is hysterical. They'll come up with some cockamamie reason and start proliferating it in all kinds of supplementary stories to back-fill and justify the reasoning. Its comical really... they are gonna make big bucks with this trash heap.

#4041 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

they are gonna make big bucks with this trash heap.

I wouldn't be so sure. TFA made $2B because die hard fans went to see it multiple times & brought all their friends. TLJ made $1.3B left a bitter taste for fans, so they didn't go to multiple viewings. Fans were still so bitter from TLJ that they failed to go see Solo, which only made $392M. The fan frustration is real. So if the story for TROS is garbage, fans are gonna throw in towel. I'm saying it makes less than TLJ, even with all the fans service & throwbacks thrown in. They hardly released any toys for TROS, because fans stopped buying them & kids today aren't really interested. They'd rather go see Jumanji.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/11/disney-success-failure-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-irrelevant-frozen-avengers-box-office/#11a730561f9b

Then you get articles from known shills like this clown, who are already starting to throw around the idea that box office gross for TROS isn't important to Disney, because they already made bank with their other 2019 releases. GTFOH with this nonsense. They are already laying a groundwork to deflect disappointing numbers.

I'm trying to find current box office projections from this week, but I can't find any. It certainly is tending downward since tickets went on pre-sale over a month ago.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-box-office-projections/

#4042 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I wouldn't be so sure. TFA made $2B because die hard fans went to see it multiple times & brought all their friends. TLJ made $1.3B left a bitter taste for fans, so they didn't go to multiple viewings. Fans were still so bitter from TLJ that they failed to go see Solo, which only made $392M. The fan frustration is real. So if the story for TROS is garbage, fans are gonna throw in towel. I'm saying it makes less than TLJ, even with all the fans service & throwbacks thrown in. They hardly released any toys for TROS, because fans stopped buying them & kids today aren't really interested. They'd rather go see Jumanji.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/11/disney-success-failure-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-irrelevant-frozen-avengers-box-office/#11a730561f9b
    Then you get articles from known shills like this clown, who are already starting to throw around the idea that box office gross for TROS isn't important to Disney, because they already made bank with their other 2019 releases. GTFOH with this nonsense. They are already laying a groundwork to deflect disappointing numbers.
    I'm trying to find current box office projections from this week, but I can't find any. It certainly is tending downward since tickets went on pre-sale over a month ago.
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-box-office-projections/

No. Not....Scott Mendelson.

He's such a useless, soulless, company tool. Gross that the schill stuff he writes is able to published, and that mainstream sites endorse that type of gross, paidoff writing.

Interesting that Jumanji and Cats are opening around it. I'd say if this were the only horse in the race, even a gimped Star Wars movie could do big business, but those are two hot brands, and different demographics that could definitely pull casual fans and families.

#4043 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I can get behind loving TPM. Sure, I'll upgrade it to my top tier of Star Wars and leave The Holiday Special at middle tier by itself. The garbage tier, the worst movie ever made, the movie that ruined Star Wars, will always be The Last Jedi. It has been two years and nothing is a bigger first world problem for me than this movie. If I saw Rian Johnson in person I would punch him in the face. It would be worth going to jail to wreck this little man. I don't know how big he is but I am 6'2" and 205 lbs and I'd love to hit his pathetic round face. I hope Knives Out fails and his career becomes a joke. I hope he is cleaning toilets by 2025. I think I'll join Twitter just to tell Ruin Johnson how much I hate him. So I decided to look him up and he is 5'5"! My 14 year-old son who is just entering puberty is the same height and could probably take this asshole! I am slightly drunk right now so I'll end my rant before I embarrass myself any more than I already have.

https://twitter.com/scottmeslow/status/1204822873384333314?s=19

Don't read while sober..!!!

#4044 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Interesting that Jumanji and Cats are opening around it.

Those trailers for Cats are nightmare fuel!

#4045 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Those trailers for Cats are nightmare fuel!

Looks like they've made them all eunuchs too. I remember watching the Broadway version on PBS, and man....those female dancers had amazing moves and bodies!

Not now....

#4046 4 years ago

https://www.ctvscifi.ca/star-wars-ix-kathleen-kennedy-colin-trevorrow-firing/

“I wouldn’t say it didn’t work,” she said of the short-lived collaboration. “Colin (Trevorow) was at a huge disadvantage not having been a part of Force Awakens and in part of those early conversations because we had a general sense of where the story was going. Like any development process, it was only in the development that we’re looking at a first draft and realizing that it was perhaps heading in a direction that many of us didn’t feel was really quite where we wanted it to go."

Huh?
    We kinda had a general sense we wanted to take the story straight down a gas station toilet and Colin had different ideas so I had to fire him.

#4047 4 years ago

Entertainment Weekly News: George Lucas cut the best Star Wars lightsaber fight out of the prequels.
    https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/11/star-wars-best-lightsaber-fight-cut-prequels/

Man, so this never even filmed...

#4048 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Entertainment Weekly News: George Lucas cut the best Star Wars lightsaber fight out of the prequels.
    https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/11/star-wars-best-lightsaber-fight-cut-prequels/
    Man, so this never even filmed...

No big deal. The 2 on one fight is great because it's plausible.

#4049 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I guess I am part of this "lowest common denominator". I thought that scene saved an otherwise mediocre movie. Revenge of the Sith is my favorite movie because it has the best few lightsaber fight scenes. I hated the pod race, however. I only liked Natalie Portman and Darth Maul in TPM.

#4050 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The fan frustration is real.

Not according to all these stories the media outlets are running everywhere. We are all really just Russian bots, or are elderly and out of touch, or dislike female leading roles, or have unreasonable expectations for Star Wars being held to higher standards than your average run of the mill popcorn flick, or something else other than them giving us a poorly thought out product and screwing up the opportunity they had with the three old leads still being alive.

I honestly don’t understand all the excuses the media is pushing for this narrative they have crafted and pushed for two years now. It’s obviously working on some people, even in this thread some people have blamed the fans for the franchise current woes. I hope that one day the media believes their job is to report things rather than advocate for positions to try to convince people of various things.

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/81?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.