(Topic ID: 205155)

*SPOILERS* Star Wars: TLJ is really bad and other Star Wars/Disney/Marvel talk *

By InfiniteLives

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,961 posts
  • 272 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 202 votes
      33%
    • decent, better than the prequels 231 votes
      37%
    • really good, on par with the originals 75 votes
      12%
    • great! one of the best 71 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 41 votes
      7%

(620 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

37DBCE63-2D08-4D26-BBB7-81E0FE735F85 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    dims (resized).jpeg
    8643B809-CB73-45D6-A5DC-002D9099C9CA (resized).jpeg
    98E24434-441F-4301-8514-51C7F411A98C (resized).jpeg
    41972AC0-853E-4176-BCFA-F9E687D6BCBD.gif
    81SmFRdGTkL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    thats-impossible-luke-star-wars-1200x879 (resized).jpg
    BillBurr-720x405 (resized).png
    881F6808-527C-464E-BCEB-E8145B3FE269 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    40AC8A23-5366-4647-AAC5-78CE25EE1017 (resized).png
    sluggo (resized).JPG
    4E795214-BF8E-4F1B-9EE2-FE9F96F1C735.gif
    45FE8ADB-3F3E-4F72-99A3-BED7569E80B7 (resized).png
    Tapped_Out_Stupid_Sexy_Flanders (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3961 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 80.
    #3851 11 days ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

The worst Star Wars content was the holiday special except for the part where Harvey Korman does a galactic Julia Child (@ 22:30). Even that part is more entertaining than Finn saying "I'm in charge. I'm in charge now."

The Holiday Special is Citizen Kane compared to The Last Jedi. TLJ is not just the worst Star Wars movie; it is the worst movie of all time, period.

#3852 11 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The Holiday Special is Citizen Kane compared to The Last Jedi. TLJ is not just the worst Star Wars movie; it is the worst movie of all time, period.

Yeah, at least I got a laugh out of the Holiday special. The cooking show was hilarious.

#3853 11 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The Christmas Special didn’t damage the Star Wars fantasy rules like TLJ did. That hyper jump ramming thing totally ends the fleet warfare methodology of the earlier movies and makes the earlier movies not make any sense. One of many examples...

#3854 11 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I wish it was the worst movie of all time. It might have a slim chance to be entertaining! Painful it is, entertaining, not even ironically so.

#3855 11 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Oh it's worse than the worst movie of all time. It's the worst movie of all time that made $1.3B worldwide, which in turn empowered its creators to make more of the same.

#3856 10 days ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Oh it's worse than the worst movie of all time. It's the worst movie of all time that made $1.3B worldwide, which in turn empowered its creators to make more of the same.

Good point....I hope someone will deconstruct it's origin, we know Kiri Hart and the mostly female story group went out on a walkabout and came out with how The Force is Female and that's how we got super Polly and went from Princess Leia to General Leia. We also know that Disney didn't want to keep paying top dollar for talent so they had to kill off the old guard, so that's why Solo who was the most expensive had to go. Then came RJ who wanted to put his own mark on a SW movie and that's why we got the curmudgeon Luke and all the rest of the BS story deviations (too many to list, you all know them). I guess KK's style of hiring and firing, not having a 3 story arc and all of that didn't help either. I hope Ep 9 is a little less embarrassing....but from what we've seen so far, it's not an easy task...the story is too fucked up already to bring back into place. I think it will try and be sentimental as possible, like Leia's return from the dead, and 3Po's speech, Kylo's return to the good side of the force....blah...balh. So I dunno, I hope they prove me wrong.

#3857 10 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Christmas Special didn’t damage the Star Wars fantasy rules like TLJ did. That hyper jump ramming thing totally ends the fleet warfare methodology of the earlier movies and makes the earlier movies not make any sense. One of many examples...

On a list of worst parts of this horrible movie that is #1. #2 is Jake Skywalker drinking the green milk.

#3858 10 days ago

I really hope TRoS makes about $300 million and Disney finally wakes up.

I'm afraid the boycott will be quite operational when Episode IX arrives.

#3860 10 days ago

You have to understand that the masses are so oblivious to what a good movie is these days. If it's got action and explosions and lightsabers, with some pew pew lasers, it'll do just fine. Not to mention, the average star wars fan will eat up anything star wars without question and then accuse you of not being a true fan for not lapping it up as well.

#3861 10 days ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

You have to understand that the masses are so oblivious to what a good movie is these days. If it's got action and explosions and lightsabers, with some pew pew lasers, it'll do just fine. Not to mention, the average star wars fan will eat up anything star wars without question and then accuse you of not being a true fan for not lapping it up as well.

Yes, my wife and kids all liked TLJ and Solo.

#3862 10 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I really hope TRoS makes about $300 million and Disney finally wakes up.
    I'm afraid the boycott will be quite operational when Episode IX arrives.

Sadly, there is not a chance this happens regardless of how bad of a movie it ends up being. One of my friends/clients has already rented out an entire theater on opening night (he did this for TLJ as well)...bought every single ticket in the theater for the first showing.

It’s going have an insanely high opening two weeks and then no legs...it’ll reach a billion world wide.

#3863 9 days ago

Happy Thanksgiving fellow SW fans......if you want to watch a great family flick this holiday weekend try to catch "Klaus" on Netflix, it's so good, it gives Pixar and Disney a run for the money. It's a beautiful independent animated family movie.

#3864 9 days ago

Well, at least I'm enjoying the Mandalorian.

#3865 9 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sadly, there is not a chance this happens regardless of how bad of a movie it ends up being. One of my friends/clients has already rented out an entire theater on opening night (he did this for TLJ as well)...bought every single ticket in the theater for the first showing.
    It’s going have an insanely high opening two weeks and then no legs...it’ll reach a billion world wide.

Fans are still going to see how bad it is. My kids will want to see it so we will go. I have very little expectations so probably good enough for me. I think most people are the same and not going to think too much about it.

#3866 9 days ago

I refuse to buy even a single ticket. #notmystarwars

And I bought 23 tickets in total for The Force Awakens.

#3867 9 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I refuse to buy even a single ticket. #notmystarwars
    And I bought 23 tickets in total for The Force Awakens.

High Five man. We can't come here and complain and then go out and support that bullshit.

By the way, an update on RJ and KK if you can believe this crap....RJ is such a sore loser, he had to go hire KK so he can stick it the people who dogged him and his movie albatross.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/rian-johnson-ram-bergman-expand-t-street-with-producer-trio-1203405160/

@ tigerlaw, I predict EP 9 will not be a big hit.....I think it will make less than 1 billion. The fans are still upset...everybody is still talking about this.

#3868 8 days ago

Just watched Mando EP4

SPOILERS......

You were warned...... Don't read any more BELOW.....

Ok

So WTF was EP4?

Mando and Baby goto the "fish farm" ??

Holy shit.....

I fell asleep at 2:30pm on the couch.....

Gotta re-watch I guess.

Hope I Missed A LOT....

Whoosshhh....

#3869 8 days ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Just watched Mando EP4
    SPOILERS......
    You were warned...... Don't read any more BELOW.....
    Ok
    So WTF was EP4?
    Mando and Baby goto the "fish farm" ??
    Holy shit.....
    I fell asleep at 2:30pm on the couch.....
    Gotta re-watch I guess.
    Hope I Missed A LOT....
    Whoosshhh....

I agree, the script was weak, also moving too fast to be fully believable to the audience. I know all the suspend disbelief stuff but Mando is a Bounty Hunter, he looks out for himself and that's all. I can understand why he rescued the kid, but he was too eager to get involved with the farmers....it needed a better hook, like for example he finds out he was being tracked by a someone he knows, an able adversary from the guild, so he accepts the farmer's deal so he can hide out, with no intention of helping them. However, after being in their midst he decides to help...so the story had the right elements but roll out of it was wrong.
    The able adversary idea would also make for a nice subplot between Mando and him.

PS: I just saw this....a very good breakdown of what went on behind the scenes at Disney...and Lucasfilm

https://bleedingfool.com/blogs/ugly-truths-about-the-lucasfilm-story-group-starting-to-emerge/

DHS= Disney Hollywood Studio
    SWGE= SW Galaxy's Edge
    WDI= Walt Disney Imagineering, (park development)
    Kerrison is Margaret Kerrison story editor at Walt Disney
    Carrie Beck is the vice president of animation and live-action development at Lucasfilm Ltd, part of the story group that brought you TLJ and the force is female BS, She is also a Kiri Hart hire

Good excerpt:
    However, Iger was unaware of the internal issues at Lucasfilm in which political ideologues had taken over until production for Rogue One revealed massive issues. Because Iger was unaware of the situation, he believed TFA meant the public was head-over-heels for the new trilogy, and he immediately wanted to capitalize off of it. In doing so, he handed Lucasfilm massive power over WDI, via the connection between Kerrison-Beck-Hart. This meant that all of WDI’s plans were essentially being run through those three, with theme park experts hand-tied by a Story Group piggybacking off of JJ’s massive success, while they were actually entirely incompetent. When you wonder why there’s a tiny cantina, why there are basically no OT characters (i.e. C3P0, R2D2, Yoda, etc), why there’s no Star Wars music, etc, etc, it’s all because the land was not developed by people who knew how to develop a theme park expansion…

#3870 8 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I agree, the script was weak, also moving too fast to be fully believable to the audience. I know all the suspend disbelief stuff but Mando is a Bounty Hunter, he looks out for himself and that's all. I can understand why he rescued the kid, but he was too eager to get involved with the farmers....it needed a better hook, like for example he finds out he was being tracked by a someone he knows, an able adversary from the guild, so he accepts the farmer's deal so he can hide out, with no intention of helping them. However, after being in their midst he decides to help...so the story had the right elements but roll out of it was wrong.
    The able adversary idea would also make for a nice subplot between Mando and him.
    PS: I just saw this....a very good breakdown of what went on behind the scenes at Disney...and Lucasfilm
    https://bleedingfool.com/blogs/ugly-truths-about-the-lucasfilm-story-group-starting-to-emerge/
    DHS= Disney Hollywood Studio
    SWGE= SW Galaxy's Edge
    WDI= Walt Disney Imagineering, (park development)
    Kerrison is Margaret Kerrison story editor at Walt Disney
    Carrie Beck is the vice president of animation and live-action development at Lucasfilm Ltd, part of the story group that brought you TLJ and the force is female BS, She is also a Kiri Hart hire
    Good excerpt:
    However, Iger was unaware of the internal issues at Lucasfilm in which political ideologues had taken over until production for Rogue One revealed massive issues. Because Iger was unaware of the situation, he believed TFA meant the public was head-over-heels for the new trilogy, and he immediately wanted to capitalize off of it. In doing so, he handed Lucasfilm massive power over WDI, via the connection between Kerrison-Beck-Hart. This meant that all of WDI’s plans were essentially being run through those three, with theme park experts hand-tied by a Story Group piggybacking off of JJ’s massive success, while they were actually entirely incompetent. When you wonder why there’s a tiny cantina, why there are basically no OT characters (i.e. C3P0, R2D2, Yoda, etc), why there’s no Star Wars music, etc, etc, it’s all because the land was not developed by people who knew how to develop a theme park expansion…

Even the hook you mentioned, while basic and tropish, is miles above what they did here with this episode. It was mind dumbingly stupid.

Why with explosives in hand, does Mundanelorian place them in a hut, he hasn't left yet, all the while the vehicle they're hunting, sits idly and quietly nearby???

Why does he get his ass handed to him in one on one combat with every encounter?

Why would the AT ST, that blatantly sees the water trap in front of it, finally decided to move forward???

What exactly does the mama villager feel is compelling about this dude? Any number of 80's action series, like you eluded to, would have had him soften up over the course of the episode. Here, she just wants him to stay, all starry eyed. And her child is so broken up over a wee green goblin, why???

Why not let him stay there for a few years, then flash forward unexpectedly? See a time change with the Empire, the Yodite becoming power aware, Rebellion rising, and him being rusty and dusty, and now antiwar, helmetless, and wanting, needing to protect the village he now loves, on a larger level?

Rather than that, they retold the Filoni Clone Wars The Seven Samurai based episode, and didn't put any spin on it whatsoever. Ultimate cliched, ultimate rushed, just a quick payoff with zero character development, no real drama or consequences, yadda yadda Yaddle....

#3871 8 days ago

I don't like the name "Mando".

#3872 8 days ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I don't like the name "Mando".

No. It's akin to calling every human being "Hu" . If it was used more as an epithet towards him, sure, that makes sense.

Speaking of not making sense...

And yeah, can't wait for this to end. Please. End.

#3873 8 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Even the hook you mentioned, while basic and tropish,

Umm, thanks....I guess

So you think that's bad writing? news out there from various SW insiders/fans saying Ep 9 storywise is going to be a train wreck.....at one point Palpatine says execute order 67!....oh my god, are you kidding me?! I hope they're just trolling us, I hope JJ is not that stupid...I mean how creatively bankrupt can this movie titan be? There are rumors confirming Lucas himself got involved at the end but a lot of his revisions end it up on the cutting room floor. It's not looking good.

#3874 8 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Umm, thanks....I guess

So you think that's bad writing? news out there from various SW insiders/fans saying Ep 9 storywise is going to be a train wreck.....at one point Palpatine says execute order 67!....oh my god, are you kidding me?! I hope they're just trolling us, I hope JJ is not that stupid...I mean how creatively bankrupt can this movie titan be? There are rumors confirming Lucas himself got involved at the end but a lot of his revisions end it up on the cutting room floor. It's not looking good.

Kind of the bad or selfish intentions, turned heartagold, after being shown a different way to exist, trope.

I meant more as an elementary form of basic storytelling, which seems waaaaay above what's gone on in this series so far. Definitely didn't mean it as a slam or a lackluster compliment.

I can't comprehend, if they actually used an Order 67. They should just add 2, and make Star Wars historyyyyyyy!

Jesus, that excerpt from the article you posted is incredibly disturbing. So Kathleen Kennedy wins the jackpot by being a supportive secretary, then assistant, then producer to Spielberg then Lucas, then brings in talentless cronies to make these decisions, simply because the prerequisite for hire was being.....female?

Anytime I've seen Hart interviewed, it seemed even more frightening and out of touch than Kennedy, somehow. Can't imagine hearing this other crony.

#3875 8 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Kind of the bad or selfish intentions, turned heartagold, after being shown a different way to exist, trope.
    I meant more as an elementary form of basic storytelling, which seems waaaaay above what's gone on in this series so far. Definitely didn't mean it as a slam or a lackluster compliment.
    I can't comprehend, if they actually used an Order 67. They should just add 2, and make Star Wars historyyyyyyy!
    Jesus, that excerpt from the article you posted is incredibly disturbing. So Kathleen Kennedy wins the jackpot by being a supportive secretary, then assistant, then producer to Spielberg then Lucas, then brings in talentless cronies to make these decisions, simply because the prerequisite for hire was being.....female?
    Anytime I've seen Hart interviewed, it seemed even more frightening and out of touch than Kennedy, somehow. Can't imagine hearing this other crony.

That's cool, I was busting your chops. If they do use Order 67, I will laugh my ass off.

#3876 8 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

That's cool, I was busting your chops. If they do use Order 67, I will laugh my ass off.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me......

That youtuber comes up a lot in my feed. I like what he discusses, but hipster angry vibe rubs me the wrong way. We get it, you don't respect JJ, but the Jar Jar thing is jist condescending, and acting as if JJ has no value. Clearly he does, whether we agree with it or not.

Sidenote, it seems being masculine is definitely a thing of the past. Definitely explains Disney's Star Wars direction, and these kinds of weird stories don't help...

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2019/11/30/star-wars-john-boyega-writes-loving-letter-oscar-isaac-hilarious-video/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/amp29817501/billy-dee-williams-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-lando-calrissian-interview/?__twitter_impression=true

Seems like Billy D has had a pretty nice life for himself. Seems a pretty nifty dude....dudette even!

#3877 7 days ago

I was considering subscribing to Disney to watch the Mandolorian. I’m starting to think maybe it’s not worth it. Is there a reddit channel or someplace I can watch it online?

#3878 7 days ago

After episode 4 I’m done, they went so hard with the fan service the AT-ST is basically a living thing. It’s not a military vehicle with a pilot it’s a monster in the woods with the eyes of a wolf reflecting back in the night. It’s also dumb as a post that pointlessly kills itself. The main character basically pushes a Star Wars stroller completely invincible while every bad guy is completely incompetent and he is endlessly rescued by secondary characters. This is a Mr Bean Babies R Us Star Wars commercial. Everything they set up they resolve in 2 minutes. This weapon is super rare use it as a last resort, two minutes later he uses it. It’s been decades since I took my helmet off, thirty seconds later I’m hungry takes helmet off in plain sight of everyone. I tried so hard to like it but it’s objectively terrible.

#3879 7 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

After episode 4 I’m done, they went so hard with the fan service the AT-ST is basically a living thing. It’s not a military vehicle with a pilot it’s a monster in the woods with the eyes of a wolf reflecting back in the night. It’s also dumb as a post that pointlessly kills itself. The main character basically pushes a Star Wars stroller completely invincible while every bad guy is completely incompetent and he is endlessly rescued by secondary characters. This is a Mr Bean Babies R Us Star Wars commercial. Everything they set up they resolve in 2 minutes. This weapon is super rare use it as a last resort, two minutes later he uses it. It’s been decades since I took my helmet off, thirty seconds later I’m hungry takes helmet off in plain sight of everyone. I tried so hard to like it but it’s objectively terrible.

So that’s a no on subscribing to Disney minus in order to get Mando Calrissian?

#3880 7 days ago

"There's nothing on this planet that can take down an ST-ST."

If only they had an ewok.

#3881 7 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I was considering subscribing to Disney to watch the Mandolorian. I’m starting to think maybe it’s not worth it. Is there a reddit channel or someplace I can watch it online?

There's plenty of websites to watch whatever show you want online. You just need to dig and find the best one for you.

#3882 7 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

So that’s a no on subscribing to Disney minus in order to get Mando Calrissian?

My teenage daughter and couple of her friends are sharing a sub, I have been watching it on that. Clearly they are the target audience.

#3883 7 days ago

the trailer looks great. I has no dialogue but the action as special effects look great.

#3884 7 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The main character basically pushes a Star Wars stroller completely invincible while every bad guy is completely incompetent and he is endlessly rescued by secondary characters.

Though I’ve not seen the new show at all, I’ve long said the lack of aiming was the biggest issue with the Storm Troopers. Until Rogue One I cant recall them shooting anyone ever since the first movie. What sort of threat are they if they can never hit anything and just fire blindly over everyone’s head all the time?

#3885 7 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It's not that bad.... still too early in the story to knock the whole thing as bad. It's competent to say the least, but the last episode was directed by a neophyte. The storyline is being compresses obviously due to budget constraints, or time constraints which is basically the same thing. This show needed to be paced slower and stretched out to maybe 14 episodes for a better rollout of the different realtionships. So far the ratings are great and the show is a hit for Disney so I don't think they care about us too much.

#3886 7 days ago

Disney plus has spiderman and his amazing friends, which is the main reason I'm keeping it for the time being

#3887 7 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

It's not that bad.... still too early in the story to knock the whole thing as bad. It's competent to say the least, but the last episode was directed by a neophyte. The storyline is being compresses obviously due to budget constraints, or time constraints which is basically the same thing. This show needed to be paced slower and stretched out to maybe 14 episodes for a better rollout of the different realtionships. So far the ratings are great and the show is a hit for Disney so I don't think they care about us too much.

I get what they were going for in Episode 4. Really reminded me of a “Seven Samurai” vibe, shrunk down to 40 minutes. The Mando accepts a poor downtrodden village's request for protection from bandits, in exchange for food & shelter. He gets Gina Carrano to help, they teach people how to defend themselves. A giant battle occurs, the villagers chase the bandits away.

That said, it was executed pretty poorly. Episode had many flaws, which should be blamed on the director. Dallas Bryce Howard (Ron Howard’s daughter from Jurassic World) directed this, and her lack of experience showed. Plus there was an emphasis showing females kicking ass & being strong, at the expense of the Mando. That’s becoming a tired rope these days, even though Gina Carrano is a legitimate ass kicker & looks the part.

IDK worst episode yet. Tonally out of place to what came before it, so let’s get back to more bounty hunting, scum, villainy, etc.

#3888 7 days ago

And this is well worth a couple minutes of your time. Everything Deepfake Lucas says is SPOT ON. And it’s hilarious. Most enjoyable internet Star Wars clip I’ve watched in years. Enjoy!

Well this one is classic too. Chewbacca gets me every time! Haha

#3889 7 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I get what they were going for in Episode 4. Really reminded me of a “Seven Samurai” vibe, shrunk down to 40 minutes. The Mando accepts a poor downtrodden village's request for protection from bandits, in exchange for food & shelter. He gets Gina Carrano to help, they teach people how to defend themselves. A giant battle occurs, the villagers chase the bandits away.
    That said, it was executed pretty poorly. Episode had many flaws, which should be blamed on the director. Dallas Bryce Howard (Ron Howard’s daughter from Jurassic World) directed this, and her lack of experience showed. Plus there was an emphasis showing females kicking ass & being strong, at the expense of the Mando. That’s becoming a tired rope these days, even though Gina Carrano is a legitimate ass kicker & looks the part.
    IDK worst episode yet. Tonally out of place to what came before it, so let’s get back to more bounty hunting, scum, villainy, etc.

Good catch on the seven samurai nod....Favreau is a big fan of all things Star Wars so he must have been paying homage to that film due to the other great Kurosawa film "Hidden Fortress" the film that started it all.

PS: that guy is unbelievable as Lucas....the funny thing is that Lucas is probably thinking all of that shit as he watches this dumpster fire. I've said it before a first year film school dropout could have done a better job than these imbeciles. can you believe JJ Abrams is supposedly worth 500 million? I wish I could to go back in time to tell my guidance counselor to fuck off for talking me out of film school.

#3890 6 days ago

The Mandalorian is good. The most recent episode was the worst one but still good. Episode 9 looks like a dumpster fire of shit. Horses running on a ship in space? WTF?

Quoted from Jason43:

"There's nothing on this planet that can take down an ST-ST."
    If only they had an ewok.

What is an ST-ST?

#3891 6 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The Mandalorian is good. The most recent episode was the worst one but still good. Episode 9 looks like a dumpster fire of shit. Horses running on a ship in space? WTF?

What is an ST-ST?

Oh fuck.

#3892 6 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I think you are missing a major point in that these events occur after the fall of the empire. You are correct - it's no longer a military vehicle. It's not being operated by the military. These are thugs that got a hold of an AT-ST. This would be like critiquing Mad Max because the race cars are no longer aero dynamic and aren't driven by trained professionals. They might not have represented it very well, but part of the thugs terror is to terrorize through the AT-ST as a monster. They aren't trying to attack as a military vehicle would. They are trying to leverage fear so are essentially dressing it up as a dinosaur to scare the villagers before shooting and killing them........cause then what. Who do they rob krill (sp - i don't know) if they've wiped out the village? They themselves are low level scavengers though that are not well trained or well organized. They simply were lucky enough to come across an AT-ST.

He has never taken his helmet off in front of somone....kind of like how some cultures wear turbans in public. They don't still sleep in them. How else would you think he eats other than removing his helmet???

Watching this might help understand why this episode went the route it went. I enjoyed it far more than episode 2 thats for sure.

#3893 6 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Quoted from kvan99:

Good catch on the seven samurai nod....Favreau is a big fan of all things Star Wars so he must have been paying homage to that film due to the other great Kurosawa film "Hidden Fortress" the film that started it all.
    PS: that guy is unbelievable as Lucas....the funny thing is that Lucas is probably thinking all of that shit as he watches this dumpster fire. I've said it before a first year film school dropout could have done a better job than these imbeciles. can you believe JJ Abrams is supposedly worth 500 million? I wish I could to go back in time to tell my guidance counselor to fuck off for talking me out of film school.

I mentioned in the other thread, they even ripped off Filoni himself, from his Clone Wars ripoff of the Seven Samurai years ago....

I was pretty jaw dropped they went this way for an episode, so early in.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2436097/star-wars-the-clone-wars-top-dog-dave-filoni-references-seven-samurai-in-tonights-episode/

I also mentioned in the other thread, they'd have had nuts if they let him live there for a few years, flash forward with the Yodite being a bit more experienced.

Or at some point, they could actually ditch that critter. Too much of the show feels hung around that wee dude.

#3894 6 days ago

Well, this was pretty painful....

JJ seems like a dude scrambling to gather pieces of garbage resting on the top of a table. Like he picks shit strewn, then assembles it to make a glossy pile of trash, with no rhyme or reason, just gloss.

No chemistry from this group at all, and the interviewer is really painful to watch lob softballs at these twits.

Side note, finally watched Spider-Man: Far from Home last night, and wow....Favreau seems like cancer to projects for me at this point. That movie was such a confused, jumble, and further made every point to undercut Peter as a helpless moron, and every gal in that film making every dude a fool, whether it was Ned, Peter or even Happy with that weird dating scene. Just an awful C Side level mess that could have just as well been a shitty animated tv episode.

#3895 6 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

JJ seems like a dude scrambling to gather pieces of garbage resting on the top of a table. Like he picks shit strewn, then assembles it to make a glossy pile of trash, with no rhyme or reason, just gloss.
    No chemistry from this group at all, and the interviewer is really painful to watch lob softballs at these twits.
    Side note, finally watched Spider-Man: Far from Home last night, and wow....Favreau seems like cancer to projects for me at this point. That movie was such a confused, jumble, and further made every point to undercut Peter as a helpless moron, and every gal in that film making every dude a fool, whether it was Ned, Peter or even Happy with that weird dating scene. Just an awful C Side level mess that could have just as well been a shitty animated tv episode.

Yeah I have to hold my nose to watch these casts interviews.....but I have to tell you, this whole last movie was written, and rewritten because of our backlash, a backlash due to their careless handling of an iconic franchise. That's why I use the words like clueless, morons and imbeciles when I talk about them....they don't know what they're touching.

PS: Spideman, was easily even worse than Captain Marvel. Watch SM into the Spider-verse instead.

#3896 6 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Side note, finally watched Spider-Man: Far from Home last night, and wow....Favreau seems like cancer to projects for me at this point

How so? I'm curious. He's the executive producer on a bunch of marvel movies. That basically means he adds his input and some money for the film. EP power is a far cry from director or writer power.

#3897 6 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Favreau just starred in Far From Home (anyway I thought that movie was pretty good).

#3898 6 days ago

can you believe this? The prequels are ranked as the 3 worst SW films (including Solo) and TFA is said to be good film except for a few vocal fans who are trying to talk it down.

https://www.newsarama.com/42520-ranking-the-star-wars-movies.html

This list has TLJ as the 3rd best and RotJ as #7 (granted I didn't love ROTJ)
    https://www.vulture.com/2018/05/every-star-wars-movie-ranked-from-worst-to-best.html

Here TLJ as #3
    https://collider.com/star-wars-movies-ranked-from-worst-to-best/#the-last-jedi

#3899 5 days ago

I haven’t watched Mandelorian, but from the way it is described here, it sounds like the movie Soldier with Kurt Russel.

#3900 5 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

can you believe this? The prequels are ranked as the 3 worst SW films (including Solo) and TFA is said to be good film except for a few vocal fans who are trying to talk it down.

The media is protecting the current trilogy because (a) it fits the narrative they want to push on everyone, and (b) they want to make sure Disney doesn’t cut them off or reduce their access for giving a bad review.

Quoted from wesman:

Yea, and the actress they had playing MJ was probably the worst actress I have seen in a major production in 2019. Basically just a dead character with no redeeming qualities or interest. I simply can’t imagine her reading for the part and someone saying, “wow! You nailed everything we wanted! You’re hired!” I don’t even think it’s fair saying she was a Woke hire, I’m sure there were other people they could have hired, how on earth did they end up with that actress for MJ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.95
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.50
    $ 24.00
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 339.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    There are 3961 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 80.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside