2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,541 posts
  • 284 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 209 votes
      33%
    • decent, better than the prequels 237 votes
      37%
    • really good, on par with the originals 76 votes
      12%
    • great! one of the best 72 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 42 votes
      7%

(636 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 267 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e4824a4daeb9a833 (resized).jpg
    20200114_113738_resized (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    7724E556-621F-4D60-9AD8-567E4415FF5B (resized).png
    PSX_20200103_154101 (resized).jpg
    series-D34-triad (resized).png
    baby (resized).JPG
    tros (resized).jpg
    3e55c913fa4d1d8762fe7d7108b26bd44ac6e57c (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191224-141658~2 (resized).png
    grosss (resized).jpg
    clean (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    wrench (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-223210~2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4541 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 91.
    #3501 4 months ago

Stakes are low. You KNOW they aren't going to have Rey turning to the dark side. Maybe some sort of a take where she knows she will need to destroy the enemy from within or something... but I think Rey is their biggest asset. No way they allow their best connection to young females to fail (especially by being too weak).

#3502 4 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is just such an amazing fact to me. Disney is normally fantastic at planning, I might not always like their plan (of course) but they have one and it’s at least usually well thought through. I guess they just had faith that Kennedy had some kind of vision, perhaps she simply tricked them into believing she did.
    Disney is really pumping things for SW now, but the YouTube speculation channels seem flat. I’ve not watched one. I did watch the trailer. Meh...

I don't even like the MCU stuff, but man they at least designed a very complex and cohesive structure across SEVEN times as many films.

#3503 4 months ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Stakes are low.

That’s one of the most incredible things about this series. Usually when a show is killing off main characters left and right stakes are ridiculously high (see Game of Thrones, or 24, or other shows where main characters were in jeopardy). But in this case characters with 40 years history are being killed off screen with barely a mention and stakes have never been lower.

I think it’s how the First Order just took over the entire galaxy in fifteen minutes. Just flipped the republic back to the empire in a snap and have total control. That combined with the basic instantaneous travel they have making the galaxy feel so small.

#3504 4 months ago

have you seen what Stan Lee's Daughter had to say about Marvel and Disney? It sounds like complete sour grapes from a person who has never done anything of note with her life except to be born to a famous parent.

Almost like SJW Abigail Disney (Roy Disney's grand daughter) who is putting down Disney because Robert Iger makes too much compared to average theme park workers.

Neither one would be of note except they had successful parents/grand parents.

#3505 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Good to see this movie continues the tradition of seeing what new, crazy shit they can do with a lightsaber to sell toys. Seriously, what practical purpose could a fold in half lightsaber serve?

Swiss Army Lightsaber.gif

#3506 4 months ago

I think this next movie is the make or break point for Disney and Star Wars. They may not have learned the lessons from TLJ, and it is possible that they are not the ones who are wrong, but we are...

I was listening to a podcast with Seth Goden, and he was discussing how the world of media has changed. It used to be a very vertical structure, with three main tv networks, and very large audiences because there were only three options. In the 1970s, when Star Wars first came out, the top tv shows had ratings in the 30's. Today, they are closer to 10. Our attention is spread across hundreds of cable tv channels, internet websites, and video games. It is hard to bring a large audience's attention to one place. In the 1970's, an endorsement from a public figure on tv guaranteed success. Its not the same today, this vertical hierarchy of media has been dismantled, and it doesn't work top down anymore, but horizontally through smaller mediums like tv shows, bloggers, youtubers, influencers.

Disney still tries to defy this new model of horizontal, and they have been successful. They own enough tv stations, movie studios, radio stations and newspapers, and enough influencers that they can build hype for a product in a vertical manner when many others cannot. They generate tremendous profits in the first couple of weeks of a movie release because of their hype machine, and do not need to rely on word of mouth, repeat viewings, favorable reviews. TLJ was not a good movie, and I think it showed a confidence, and perhaps arrogance by the studio. They did not put their efforts into writing, character development, continuity with the franchise, or even connecting with their established fanbase. Obviously, it just wasn't as important as we thought it should have been. But this is a business, its about profit, and making a great movie is not as important as managing the top-down vertical hype machine. I think this is what they did, and since they knew TLJ would make tons of money either way, they tried to fill it with SJW messages that they sincerely believe are positive, uplifting, and for our own good. They probably think they are doing the world good.

SW9 is the make or break moment. They explained Solo away as "market oversaturation" and probably believe it. Toys r Us went under and destroyed all toy companies distribution chains and affected all toy manufacturer's profits. They can rationalize poor toy sales away that way. They will rely on the top-down hype machine to generate a billion dollar+ gross for SW9. The only way their eyes will be opened is if the movie fails financially. Will that happen? As long as they make another billion or so, they have no incentive to listen to the old fans like us, and the market will have spoken. They will be right, we will be wrong.

#3507 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is what I don't understand. Why do people say this? His track record is pretty lousy IMO
    Lost Produc/writer: Cult initial following, went off rails at by the end, pissed off legions of fans.
    Star Trek Director: New action-packed take, but pissed off long-time fans of the original series.
    Star Trek 2 Director: Remake of beloved Wrath of Khan, which everyone hated this movie
    Star Trek 3 Director: More of the same, lousy story, and basically ended the rebooted franchise
    Super 8 Director: 80's Speilberg clone attempt film, totally forgettable with a dumb ending
    Star Wars Ep7: Intentional A New Hope ripoff, same plot points reworked, SJW agenda pushed
    Mission Impossible: Still produces this summer action fodder, who still goes to see these?
    Cloverfield: Produced the most nausea inducing shaky camera film ever made. Sequel was even dumber.
    This gives people hope for Episode 9? I see a track record of landing big gigs based on reputation, poor writing (even when he's ripping off or rebooting someone else's idea) & multiple times of pissing off his own fans. Why keep supporting this guy? Episode 9 will probably be no different. He's not a great writer or director, but his films make money. That's all that matters these days.

1000%....preach it

#3508 4 months ago

Ep 9 is already DOA.....they need better writers and directors....The Mandalorian is a step in the right direction. JJ Abrams should be kept away from any iconic franchises in the future. The man is like a film student director.

#3509 4 months ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

I think this next movie is the make or break point for Disney and Star Wars

Disney will be fine & Star Wars will continue on regardless. Contrary to popular bashing in general, Star Wars fans are extremely dedicated & want to support & love the franchise for many years to come. The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Series, the upcoming Old Republic Trilogy are all steps in the right direction to getting everything back on course & giving fans what they've always wanted.

But Episode 9 is the make or break moment for the people in power positions at Lucasfilm, specifically Kathleen Kennedy & all the people who are part of the Lucasfilm Story Group that was put in place in 2012. Pablo Hidalgo (the Star Wars canon consultant) is another huge cancer there that needs to go, just like they quietly fired Kiri Hart many months ago (the "Force is Female" creator).

New president of Lucasfilm is coming in 2020, regardless of how Episode 9 performs IMO. Not hitting box office expectations will certainly get the heads rolling faster.

#3510 4 months ago

I've been thinking the last few days about how The Emperor is involved in this movie. They won't care to explain how he survived the fall into the Death Star core, because it's not important. He's back with his new Sith fleet, but what does he want after 30 years? Power obviously and a new apprentice I'm sure.

So when he returns, he may be looking to destroy everyone. That means Rebels and the First Order. That would be pretty awesome. Snoke was his pawn. The "awaking" was the cue for The Emperor to return because it will be revealed that he was the one who set it all in motion.

There was a comic book that came recently which explained (and was made official cannon) that The Emperor was the one who manipulated the midichlorians & produced Anakin Skywalker's virgin birth. He was responsible for it all. Which is why I believe they will reveal throughout this new movie that Rey was a virgin birth with no parents just like Anakin. And that the Emperor was behind her birth too. This fact will drive Kylo Ren insane, because his whole life has been trying live up to his Grandfather Vader, and he will be enraged to find that the Emperor has rejected him. That's a pretty good final story arc for him, coming face to face with rejection, his poor decisions, and a feeling of worthlessness. I think he's going to turn to the light at the end (like Vader), because HE is actually the Last Skywalker, not Rey. Perhaps Kylo's arc is the Rise of Skywalker?

IDK it could work. There's a lot of shark jumping & retconning going on here. But if they focus on THIS stuff this time and push the screen time of Fynn, Poe, Rose etc to the C-List characters that they truly are, then maybe they can exceed negative expectations here. IDK. Luke & Yoda coming back as Force Ghosts to aid in this final battle of good & evil would sure help too.

#3511 4 months ago

In my opinion, the emperor most likely comes back as a force ghost. Solid precedent for it, it’s what dead Jedi do. It’s also a way to keep Luke, Anakin, obi wan, and Yoda around for continuity to the original trilogy.

And I don’t mean that this is an existential make or break moment for Disney and Star Wars, just that this is the moment of truth. TLJ was a disappointment, but Disney denied it as profitable. Solo bombed and they blamed over saturation. Toy sales tanked but with excuses. Galaxys edge has underperformed but with excuses. SW9 there are no more excuses and nowhere for the top brass to hide. JJ Abrams brought back to the role no reasonable director would want, with the worlds largest, most vocal, and currently critical fan base. If SW9 is a turd that makes 1.5B, then it really doesn’t matter what any of us think and they can do whatever they want. The shroud of the dark side will have fallen. Into exile we must go.

#3512 4 months ago

I don’t really like the idea of a bunch of force ghosts playing major roles. It seems to me that force ghosts should be there to give insight or inspiration in times of despair. If they start having major interactions with the physical world I think it just cheapens the role they had in the original trilogy.

#3513 4 months ago

I completely agree, I don’t like force ghost playing a major role either, but I have stopped thinking Disney and Kennedy care at all about what we think. I’m not sure who the target audience is anymore.

#3514 4 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t really like the idea of a bunch of force ghosts playing major roles. It seems to me that force ghosts should be there to give insight or inspiration in times of despair. If they start having major interactions with the physical world I think it just cheapens the role they had in the original trilogy.

Did you watch the last movie? Luke “force projected” himself as a ghost in TLJ. It’s a thing now and can be repeated. He’ll do it from beyond the grave too. Hell ghost Yoda used lighting to light an actual tree on fire. It’s cannon now. They did it once and they’ll do it again. Dumb as it is.

You think dumbass Rey or Kylo are strong enough to defeat the Emperor in a fight? Who wants to see that? Force Ghost Luke kicking ass tho? Dumb as hell but fans would love it.

Shit Hamill tweeted #lukethespook the other day. It’s happening

#3515 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Did you watch the last movie?

I’m really trying to forget that I did. Technically Luke was still alive when he projected, and it killed him. Yoda using lightning from beyond the grave to do damage in the real world opened up a huge can of worms. Assuming the Emperor has that same power, then how could any living person stand a chance against them? Do they call in the ghostbusters? Hopefully they just forget it going forward. I mean, they seem to do that a lot lately. Just forget about story lines and never address them again.

#3516 4 months ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

If SW9 is a turd that makes 1.5B, then it really doesn’t matter what any of us think and they can do whatever they want. The shroud of the dark side will have fallen. Into exile we must go.

Gosh, this is the most spot on post I’ve read in this thread. I’m in my early 40’s and grew up on Star Wars and obsessed about it and loved every second of it till recently. If SW9 is another turd but also a massive financial success...well, I will officially say I’m old and just simply out of touch with some things.

All I want is good deep story with solid universe building. Consistency is how you build a good fantasy universe. Consistency doesn’t mean things can’t change, I get the original cast was old and there needed be a hand off to a younger cast in episodes VII-IX. But...damn...we will see if I’m off to exile soon I guess.

#3517 4 months ago

I’ll be completely shocked if episode 9 doesn’t end up as top 10 all time box office $1.5B++

#3518 4 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m really trying to forget that I did. Technically Luke was still alive when he projected, and it killed him. Yoda using lightning from beyond the grave to do damage in the real world opened up a huge can of worms. Assuming the Emperor has that same power, then how could any living person stand a chance against them? Do they call in the ghostbusters? Hopefully they just forget it going forward. I mean, they seem to do that a lot lately. Just forget about story lines and never address them again.

Yeah, seems like Disney doesn't care about any of the rules established in the previous films, books, etcs. I always thought only those that were good, Jedi's, could become force ghosts. If the Emperor all of a sudden is a force ghost as well it would go against everything already established but that's in the past and as The Last Jedi said "Let the past die" lol.

#3519 4 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ll be completely shocked if episode 9 doesn’t end up as top 10 all time box office $1.5B++

I’m not so sure. I think it has an uphill battle to get over $1.5 billion. China has zero interest in Star Wars and its not like TLJ left any cliff hangers or buzz. If it did then Solo would have done better.

I know I will not paying for a ticket to Episode IX.

#3520 4 months ago

For anyone that plans to give "Disney +" (Disney's take on Netflix streaming) a shot, they're running a promotion through midnight 9/1 where you can get three years for $141 (works out to $4/mo, vs. the standard rate of $7/mo). You first have to sign up for D23, which is some kind of official Disney fanclub, but there's a free version of that so it won't cost you anything other than your email address, which they'll have anyway once you sign up for Disney +:

1. Visit https://D23.com to sign up.
    2. Tap Join The Club.
    3. Scroll down and select Become a D23 General Member.
    4. Tap Create an Account.
    5. Set up a Disney account by completing the registration form and then clicking Create Account.
    Over the next few days, you should receive an email with the Disney Plus offer. You may also see a notification on your D23 account page.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/disney-plus-discount-buy-two-years-and-get-the-third-year-free/

#3521 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is what I don't understand. Why do people say this? His track record is pretty lousy IMO
    Lost Produc/writer: Cult initial following, went off rails at by the end, pissed off legions of fans.
    Star Trek Director: New action-packed take, but pissed off long-time fans of the original series.
    Star Trek 2 Director: Remake of beloved Wrath of Khan, which everyone hated this movie
    Star Trek 3 Director: More of the same, lousy story, and basically ended the rebooted franchise
    Super 8 Director: 80's Speilberg clone attempt film, totally forgettable with a dumb ending
    Star Wars Ep7: Intentional A New Hope ripoff, same plot points reworked, SJW agenda pushed
    Mission Impossible: Still produces this summer action fodder, who still goes to see these?
    Cloverfield: Produced the most nausea inducing shaky camera film ever made. Sequel was even dumber.
    This gives people hope for Episode 9? I see a track record of landing big gigs based on reputation, poor writing (even when he's ripping off or rebooting someone else's idea) & multiple times of pissing off his own fans. Why keep supporting this guy? Episode 9 will probably be no different. He's not a great writer or director, but his films make money. That's all that matters these days.

Agreed 99%. JJ Abrams is hired by studios because his movies make a lot of money. That's it. It's eye candy. Its junk food. If you want compelling stories by modern directors hit up some Coen brothers, Tarantino, Paul Thomas Anderson and the like. My only disagreement with your post is that JJ didn't direct Star Trek 3. That was Justin Lin who turned the beloved franchise into "Trek and the Furious"

#3522 4 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

For anyone that plans to give "Disney +" (Disney's take on Netflix streaming) a shot, they're running a promotion through midnight 9/1 where you can get three years for $141 (works out to $4/mo, vs. the standard rate of $7/mo). You first have to sign up for D23, which is some kind of official Disney fanclub, but there's a free version of that so it won't cost you anything other than your email address, which they'll have anyway once you sign up for Disney +:

2. Tap Join The Club.
    3. Scroll down and select
    Become a D23 General Member.
    5. Set up a Disney account by completing the registration form and then clicking Create Account.
    Over the next few days, you should receive an email with the Disney Plus offer. You may also see a notification on your D23 account page.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/disney-plus-discount-buy-two-years-and-get-the-third-year-free/

Thanks for the heads up.

#3523 4 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

2. Tap Join The Club.
    3. Scroll down and select Become a D23 General Member.

Marked as a key post!!! Thank you so much for sharing that. Saved me some bucks!

#3524 4 months ago

FYI that deal is for the Disney+ channel only.

They will also be offering another deal bundle that includes Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+, but that bundled discount package has not been offered yet. I'm going to wait.

#3525 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They will also be offering another deal bundle that includes Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+, but that bundled discount package has not been offered yet. I'm going to wait.

We will wait too because we already pay for Hulu commercial free.

#3526 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That deal will NOT allow you to have Hulu commercial free. It is ONLY Hulu with commercials. I will NOT go back to seeing the crappy commercials. I’m out on that package deal. I will purchase the buy 2 get 3 years Disney+ deal though. With two young kids it’s a no-brainer.

#3527 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm waiting for that too. ESPN+ is a nice add in throughout the year.

#3528 4 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m not so sure. I think it has an uphill battle to get over $1.5 billion. China has zero interest in Star Wars and its not like TLJ left any cliff hangers or buzz. If it did then Solo would have done better.
    I know I will not paying for a ticket to Episode IX.

I'm a bit convinced that it will top10 ($1.5B) with the new Disney streaming platform SW may have a bit more buzz than 2 years ago. Disney has content to make the streaming work but will also help promote the upcoming films.

I know a lot of SW folks aren't happy about TLJ but casual fans like my wife and kids thought it was good and will see this one in the theatres.

#3530 4 months ago

Means they'll have to cast an 8 year old Luke Skywalker. Those are some big shoes to fill.

I read this will take place right around the time of the Solo movie, which means Maul is around during this time secretly running the Crimson Dawn syndicate. Hope he crosses paths with Obiwan in the series.

#3531 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Means they'll have to cast an 8 year old Luke Skywalker.

That shouldn’t be a problem. They had no problem finding someone to play a young Anakin. I forget, did Jake Lloyd win an Oscar for his performance?

#3532 4 months ago

looks like Joker is getting some solid reviews

#3533 4 months ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

looks like Joker is getting some solid reviews

Trailer #2

It will be different kind of Superhero movie for sure, I also think the reviews will be mixed, it will depend on which side of the political spectrum you're aligned with......

#3534 4 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Trailer #2

It will be different kind of Superhero movie for sure, I also think the reviews will be mixed, it will depend on which side of the political spectrum you're aligned with......

Wow that looks a lot better than I expected, he made quite the physical transformation for the role.

#3535 4 months ago

Vader used to be badass.. now used as a desperate prop out to the fan base..
    D73AC851-058D-4C8E-8DE6-6CF2D6E055F9 (resized).jpeg

#3536 4 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Ugh, and Maul..?

So now not only do we have a blank slate of a character like Rey, embody the strength of the Jedi effortlessly, but now the Sith as well?

Garbage....

#3537 4 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Ugh, and Maul..?
    So now not only do we have a blank slate of a character like Rey, embody the strength of the Jedi effortlessly, but now the Sith as well?
    Garbage....

Yeah, they can't help themselves....it's like the polar opposite of what the franchise needs, who is coming up with this crap. SMH

This guy says it all:

#3538 4 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

What the fuck kind of a poster is that? Is that really legit? Holy shit is that disgraceful. Rey, Vader, Maul. What a mess. And all just a bunch of bait & switch propaganda won’t play out like the posters & trailers suggest.

#3539 4 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What the fuck kind of a poster is that? Is that really legit? Holy shit is that disgraceful. Rey, Vader, Maul. What a mess. And all just a bunch of bait & switch propaganda won’t play out like the posters & trailers suggest

Wow. No one who has followed SW recently believes for a second Disney will let the lead character they spent so much energy turning into a Mary Sue have an interesting heel turn. She will just sneeze and “snap back her senses” and lay waste to the weak male characters in her path. It’s pathetic they are trying to infer a legit cool and intriguing character’s legacy like Darth Maul or Vader could begin to be carried inside the perfect Mary Sue.

Advertising something no ones thinks will really happen shows how shallow this series is. If she was turning heel, it would be massively hush hush...

#3540 4 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Trailer #2

Joker looks... different. I like Joaquin a lot but this film doesn’t look like it has anything happening, unless they are not showing anything in the trailer. I used to like DeNero but he can go fly a kite imo.

#3541 4 months ago

Or it could be even dumber and she has a twin sister like luke and Leia.

#3542 4 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

Joker looks... different. I like Joaquin a lot but this film doesn’t look like it has anything happening, unless they are not showing anything in the trailer. I used to like DeNero but he can go fly a kite imo.

Well, it's a origin story, normally, you want to start out by showing the character as a normal person then something triggers their transformation. As you know with these kind of stories the denouement comes at the end with a big bang. I'm hopeful it will be a good kind of different. He took a regular hohum comic book anti-hero story and mashed it up with classic Scorsese taxi driver/Mean street style. I for one am tired of straight up Marvel and DC stories, I didn't think Black Panther, Wonder Woman, Ant Man 1 and 2 (Wtf?) Capt Marvel, Spiderman Far From Home Or even Avengers End game was worth the hype and money.....I can pick apart all those movies like TLJ. Yes, I know, they're escapism movies, but still their creativity is at an all time low.

#3543 4 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

Sure DeNiro is getting old but he is still and amazing actor. Is this some social justice scandal?

#3544 4 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow. No one who has followed SW recently believes for a second Disney will let the lead character they spent so much energy turning into a Mary Sue have an interesting heel turn. She will just sneeze and “snap back her senses” and lay waste to the weak male characters in her path. It’s pathetic they are trying to infer a legit cool and intriguing character’s legacy like Darth Maul or Vader could begin to be carried inside the perfect Mary Sue.
    Advertising something no ones thinks will really happen shows how shallow this series is. If she was turning heel, it would be massively hush hush...

Disney already accidentally basically confirmed that "Dark Rey" appears in a vision.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/29/disney-spoils-major-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-mystery-regarding-dark-rey/

#3545 4 months ago

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/04/the-mandalorian-first-order/

I guess they're not walking away from this aspect of the new trilogy either, sadly....

#3546 4 months ago
    Quoted from wesman:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/04/the-mandalorian-first-order/
    I guess they're not walking away from this aspect of the new trilogy either, sadly....

Yeah, that sucks just like the entire concept of the First Order. The First Order was created to assist with providing a soft reboot for the new trilogy, an Empire copy. Lame! At least Episodes 1-3 show how the Empire came to be. How did the First Order come to be? Who knows, it's never explained in the new trilogy. After ROTJ Luke was given a few small buildings in the middle of nowhere to train a dozen students and then decides to go kill his nephew when he sensed the dark side in him. That's right Luke Skywalker, the man who brought back to the light side one of the most evil Sith lords (Darth Vader, his father), tried to kill his nephew for having dark side thoughts. Then poof, First Order with a planet sized weapon. Screw this new trilogy, it's so bad.

I seriously hope at this point that Episode 9 is about Lando trying to rescue C3PO, R2D2, and his old pal Nien Nunb from both the First Order and the Resistance to take them back to Endor to live in peace before they are killed too. Once they reach Endor they can have another big party with the Ewoks featuring fireworks, and dancing. Just before the credits appear Luke materializes as a force ghost, joins in on the dancing and the credits role.

Episode 9

Lando "We're getting the hell of out here guys" (to C3P0, R2D2, and Nien Nunb)

lando (resized).jpg

Nien Nunb laughs in agreement
    giphy.gif

#3547 4 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Screw this new trilogy, it's so bad

When does Darth Jar Jar get revealed? Isn't he the one really pulling the strings Annie? Me-sa thinks so

#3548 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

When does Darth Jar Jar get revealed? Isn't he the one really pulling the strings Annie? Me-sa thinks so

Going with the old The Usual Suspects twist eh?

#3549 4 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Going with the old The Usual Suspects twist eh?

What else can explain the perversion of the force lately? I hope Rey is a clone of Luke, Either Finn or Poe die & Captain Phantasma comes back! Either way whether this movie sucks or is decent, I'm going to get drunk with my friends & hit the midnight showing.

#3550 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

The Darth Jar Jar theory made so much sense and would have been an incredible plot tool. Count Duku didn’t add much to the story in episodes II and III (the character was great in Clone Wars), but Darth Jar Jar would have been one of the greatest heel turns in cenamanic history. That would have been a Sixth Sense level surprise back in 2001.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 87.00
    $ 109.99
    There are 4541 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 91.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside