Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,192 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png
    c70f2c8a4c529e76 (resized).png
    heather-michele-orourke_214479_5_full (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 124.
    #3401 4 years ago

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tanyachen/natalie-portman-female-thor

okay, now THOR turns female. Why not make Rowan Atkinson play Lara croft?

#3402 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Ugh. That was her in that role? That character couldn't have been more in your face progressive ideals, removing the viewer from a fantasy world with so many lines of awkward dialog.
    I haven't seen Fleabag. Is it a lot better than the Solo performance?

Fleabag, Killing Eve, Crashing are all amazing. Its her writing that sets her apart. I have no idea why they put in that role in Solo.

#3403 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

making one so 100% derivative it used the same name.

Yet I don't hear any complaints about all the different Spidermen or Batmen using the same name. Just the woman.

#3404 4 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tanyachen/natalie-portman-female-thor
    okay, now THOR turns female. Why not make Rowan Atkinson play Lara croft?

That happened, man....maybe a decade ago in the comics.

I guess, how else can we keep creating stories about characters five decades old? Even Jesus Christ didn't get this much press, haha!

I kinda want to see Bean Thor, now that you mention it!

Quoted from Darscot:

Fleabag, Killing Eve, Crashing are all amazing. Its her writing that sets her apart. I have no idea why they put in that role in Solo.

I'll have to check that out..! I definitely didn't like her role in Solo, I wonder how she felt, but I'll definitely look at these other projects. Thanks for the recommendations!

#3405 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Yet I don't hear any complaints about all the different Spidermen or Batmen using the same name. Just the woman.

Nah, they're hackjobs too, and those character reboots also suck.

All derivative characters suck, whether it's race, gender, or other person swap.

(And I was waiting for Netflix to get Avengers...thanks for the Tony Stark info.)

#3406 4 years ago

The god of thunder set out one day,
    Upon his/her faithful filly.
    “I’m Thor!” s/he cried,
    The horse replied
    “You forgot your thaddle, thilly.”

#3407 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That happened, man....maybe a decade ago in the comics.
    I guess, how else can we keep creating stories about characters five decades old? Even Jesus Christ didn't get this much press, haha!
    I kinda want to see Bean Thor, now that you mention it!

I'll have to check that out..! I definitely didn't like her role in Solo, I wonder how she felt, but I'll definitely look at these other projects. Thanks for the recommendations!

She is a progressive women, in the way that she will go right into the gutter like men do. So prepared for scenes like this.

#3409 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

She is a progressive women, in the way that she will go right into the gutter like men do. So prepared for scenes like this.

I hope it's not all Amy Schumer style bloody pussy type stuff. If dudes resort to cock and ball talk, that's no fun after the second joke either...

Is this only on BBC1/2? I'd like to check out more to form an opinion, and ideally laugh.

#3410 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I hope it's not all Amy Schumer style bloody pussy type stuff. If dudes resort to cock and ball talk, that's no fun after the second joke either...
    Is this only on BBC1/2? I'd like to check out more to form an opinion, and ideally laugh.

I think its on Amazon, the show is critically acclaimed so you should have no trouble finding trailers. It's not all like that but she doesn't shy away from anything and can create huge laughs from dark messed up shit. You'll probably love it or hate it but no one does what she does better, she is killing it. There is no comparison to her and Amy Schumer not even the same sport let alone ball park.

#3411 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

If I cared about Spider-Man or Batman you’d hear me complain about them being derivative too.

I do plan on seeing the Spider-Man movie tonight. Already have tickets. My family has also been enjoying Season 1 of the Batman 66 series.

#3412 4 years ago

multiple characters playing thor and iron man have a long history in the comics; this is not a recent thing.

250px-Beta_Ray_Bill (resized).jpg250px-Beta_Ray_Bill (resized).jpg
    #3413 4 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

multiple characters playing thor and iron man have a long history in the comics; this is not a recent thing.[quoted image]

I think a Beta Ray Bill Thor would flop pretty hard at the Box Office.

This is more a cinematic discussion than comics. Hell, how many people even read comics anymore? You'd figure these films would bolster and improve circulations, but I'm pretty certain it hasn't, sadly....

Most people seem to go to these for very basic, dumb levels of pop culture escapism. I can't really recall any MCU movie that's resonated with me past end credits. Editing is always so freakishly fast, and character drama is always, always undercut by quick and easy jokes.

#3414 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I think its on Amazon, the show is critically acclaimed so you should have no trouble finding trailers. It's not all like that but she doesn't shy away from anything and can create huge laughs from dark messed up shit. You'll probably love it or hate it but no one does what she does better, she is killing it. There is no comparison to her and Amy Schumer not even the same sport let alone ball park.

Snuck in the first episode during work breaks.

Hmm. Not sure what to think really.

I feel 4th wall breaking incessantly feels cheap, tells the viewer what to think, how to react. Not my style of writing for sure. And reality cam style was the first step of that disingenuous brand of comedy.

Also I never feel it's progressive to just flip the script with gender roles. As in we used to have male led shows, where women were meat, denigrated, used as props or punchlines. In this show, men are emasculated, lack worth, are empty shells for setups of cheap one liners.

I'd also love to see a female led show where fashion discussion, menstruation, and female rivalry and insecurity aren't so readily at the core of how it differs from a male led show.

But...is that a large aspect of women's lives? I don't know. I don't even know, as a male, what stereotypical male focal points I could make regarding show writing. (Do men fix cars or scratch their balls incessantly in modern male shows? Dunno....)

That said, the last ten minutes went in a different direction from the beginning of the episode, and had me guessing more than groaning. So I definitely will check out the next episode or so.

That Stephen Merchant show on Amazon, a couple years back, rubbed me the wrong way initially too, and I ended up liking it by the time it ended.

#3415 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Snuck in the first episode during work breaks.
    Hmm. Not sure what to think really.
    I feel 4th wall breaking incessantly feels cheap, tells the viewer what to think, how to react. Not my style of writing for sure. And reality cam style was the first step of that disingenuous brand of comedy.
    Also I never feel it's progressive to just flip the script with gender roles. As in we used to have male led shows, where women were meat, denigrated, used as props or punchlines. In this show, men are emasculated, lack worth, are empty shells for setups of cheap one liners.
    I'd also love to see a female led show where fashion discussion, menstruation, and female rivalry and insecurity aren't so readily at the core of how it differs from a male led show.
    But...is that a large aspect of women's lives? I don't know. I don't even know, as a male, what stereotypical male focal points I could make regarding show writing. (Do men fix cars or scratch their balls incessantly in modern male shows? Dunno....)
    That said, the last ten minutes went in a different direction from the beginning of the episode, and had me guessing more than groaning. So I definitely will check out the next episode or so.
    That Stephen Merchant show on Amazon, a couple years back, rubbed me the wrong way initially too, and I ended up liking it by the time it ended.

Your thinking way too much about with a political agenda, its just a show and every character in it is completely mental. I never once saw as it as anything to do with gender or feminism. It's just an insane, hilarious, trainwreck that we get invited into. The fourth wall is just mechanism to invite the audience in, the show is based on a one person play, so that connection with the audience was required. It might not be for you, maybe try Killing Eve, its more of an insane spy assassin show, it also has female leads but I don't think its any kind of political statement, just a show written by a women has female leads.

#3416 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Your thinking way too much about with a political agenda, its just a show and every character in it is completely mental. I never once saw as it as anything to do with gender or feminism. It's just an insane, hilarious, trainwreck that we get invited into. The fourth wall is just mechanism to invite the audience in, the show is based on a one person play, so that connection with the audience was required. It might not be for you, maybe try Killing Eve, its more of an insane spy assassin show, it also has female leads but I don't think its any kind of political statement, just a show written by a women has female leads.

Oh, I don't think it necessarily has a political or gender agenda, thankfully. I'm just saying it feels fairly flipped. Like a dude could just as easily be in this role, as in it feels more male based in it's writing style.

Though I can't say I know anyone that pisses around like Ricky Gervais or Larry David, amidst males I know.

Interesting. That kind of makes sense about being adapted from a play. I'll watch some more, to see where things lead. And check out that other show too.

I don't watch much TV or film anymore, frankly. I've just been a bit full up of it, over 4 decades of absorbing it most days of my life.

(Side point, I remember Lucky Louie starting with him beating off, and didn't go much past that first episode. Just seemed so brash and cheap a joke.)

#3417 4 years ago

Removed post, decided it was argumentative.

Sum it all up:

I subjectively do not enjoy the creative decisions Disney is making with Marvel and Star Wars. I will vote with my wallet.

#3418 4 years ago

Saw Spider-Man tonight. Wasn’t bad, wasn’t great. A couple quick thoughts:

The villain was superb. One of the best MCU villains since Civil War (other than Thanos) in my view. The logic behind the character was good (for the MCU) and the “toast” scene was genuinely funny. The glasses with the drones were a bit much and not really needed since the villain could do the same stuff without them as he could with them.

Whoever cast MJ should be fired. Just a totally stiff/dead actress. I just can’t imagine someone feeling she nailed the reading and cast her for that part. I get she was supposed to play some kind of sour and brooding version of MJ...the script made that clear...but she distracted from the scenes with her stiffness.

Samuel Jackson as always was good. I liked the high school friend and the teacher was funny.

Won’t ever see the movie again, but for “$5.25 Tuesday” it was fine and kept me engaged.

#3419 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw Spider-Man tonight. Wasn’t bad, wasn’t great. A couple quick thoughts:
    The villain was superb. One of the best MCU villains since Civil War (other than Thanos) in my view. The logic behind the character was good (for the MCU) and the “toast” scene was genuinely funny. The glasses with the drones were a bit much and not really needed since the villain could do the same stuff without them as he could with them.
    Whoever cast MJ should be fired. Just a totally stiff/dead actress. I just can’t imagine someone feeling she nailed the reading and cast her for that part. I get she was supposed to play some kind of sour and brooding version of MJ...the script made that clear...but she distracted from the scenes with her stiffness.
    Samuel Jackson as always was good. I liked the high school friend and the teacher was funny.
    Won’t ever see the movie again, but for “$5.25 Tuesday” it was fine and kept me engaged.

I haven't seen it yet, and squinted reading the first half of your message here, haha!

But yeah, Zendaya is a cold, dead fish of a performer. She's charmless, snarky, and feels vapid on screen, and has no warmth with Peter.

#3420 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Okay, I watched the second episode last night. Is there a character arc that develops at some point.

Snarky. Cynical. Negating. Narcissistic. Cruel. Sociopathic.

Those are all words I'd use to effectively describe the character portrayed so far. I hoped after the first episode, the end direction of that, they'd nuance things a bit. Rather she doubled down on using people, being cruel about it, and doing so with glee.

The juxtaposition of other "shitty" characters come to mind, ala Hank from Californication, Ricky Gervais in The Office, and Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Those are all characters where either the viewer or outside world in those shows critique and lambasts these characters when they are grotesque, selfish....human, and at some point, those characters themselves also gain the humility to question their value systems, behavior, selfishness, etc.

I don't see that so far in Fleabag. I see a celebration of the self, at any and all cost to others in the process. It reminds me of where I feel we are culturally at present. We revel in always be the epicenter of a very large world, and do so with reckless abandon. All the while ignoring those around us at every turn, often literally on a highway.

It also reminds me of The Last Jedi as well, where Ryan Johnson knows fully the impact and weight of these characters and this universe to millions, yet willfully chooses to burn all the toys, so many adore, just to feed his own empty narcissistic tendencies.

Welcome to the modern world. Where not just Nero burns it all down, (not that he did burn Rome down mind you) but every person feels they have the right to burn down hope, decency, and care among the populace.

Fuck modern media.

#3421 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Okay, I watched the second episode last night. Is there a character arc that develops at some point.
    Snarky. Cynical. Negating. Narcissistic. Cruel. Sociopathic.
    Those are all words I'd use to effectively describe the character portrayed so far. I hoped after the first episode, the end direction of that, they'd nuance things a bit. Rather she doubled down on using people, being cruel about it, and doing so with glee.
    The juxtaposition of other "shitty" characters come to mind, ala Hank from Californication, Ricky Gervais in The Office, and Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    Those are all characters where either the viewer or outside world in those shows critique and lambasts these characters when they are grotesque, selfish....human, and at some point, those characters themselves also gain the humility to question their value systems, behavior, selfishness, etc.
    I don't see that so far in Fleabag. I see a celebration of the self, at any and all cost to others in the process. It reminds me of where I feel we are culturally at present. We revel in always be the epicenter of a very large world, and do so with reckless abandon. All the while ignoring those around us at every turn, often literally on a highway.
    It also reminds me of The Last Jedi as well, where Ryan Johnson knows fully the impact and weight of these characters and this universe to millions, yet willfully chooses to burn all the toys, so many adore, just to feed his own empty narcissistic tendencies.
    Welcome to the modern world. Where not just Nero burns it all down, (not that he did burn Rome down mind you) but every person feels they have the right to burn down hope, decency, and care among the populace.
    Fuck modern media.

She is just a flawed human being like the rest of us. The grief, guilt and depression is a dark beautiful trainwreck and its so on point you can't help but laugh. This style of dark comedy I don't think is for you. The name of the show is Fleabag which is defined as "a shabby and unpleasant person or thing". I never felt I was supposed to judge or critic her, it just felt like an honest portrayal of what life can do to any of us. I sympathized with her and loved every minute of the journey. If your looking for some kind of redemption or moral correction its not that kind of show.

#3422 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

She is just a flawed human being like the rest of us. The grief, guilt and depression is a dark beautiful trainwreck and its so on point you can't help but laugh. This style of dark comedy I don't think is for you. The name of the show is Fleabag which is defined as "a shabby and unpleasant person or thing". I never felt I was supposed to judge or critic her, it just felt like an honest portrayal of what life can do to any of us. I sympathized with her and loved every minute of the journey. If your looking for some kind of redemption or moral correction its not that kind of show.

That's totally fair. I know I don't have to like or agree with any piece of media for it to have validity or value to others, and I appreciate your recommendations, and back and forth.

So, she never shifts much? I think there's one thing to be an outright bastard, but there's a weird egocentric nature to this, that doesn't outright say I'm a horrible piece of poop, so it feels like it celebrates it.

Like in early Californication. Hank was pretty selfish, yet witty, but always carried a spark that he was damaged, and was taking that damage out on others, but doing so on fair terms. I just kinda feel if Fleabag were a guy, and treating a girlfriend like that, we'd see the grossness of it. Here, it feels like....empowerment, which kinda made me sick.

I've been on that end with women in dating. Definitely isn't fun, feeling at beck and call, then dumped off like a momentary fart in the wind. Feeling dehumanized never feels funny.

Time to go watch some old Python....

2 weeks later
    #3423 4 years ago

Just thought I would pop in and mention between Fleabag and Killing Eve they are nominated for something like 20 Emmys. I don’t know if any one writer has been up for two shows in the same year, pretty crazy how on fire she is right now, can’t wait for Bond.

#3424 4 years ago

Well, in topic related news Disney is cutting down the hours to just 30 a week for employees at the Star Wars theme park because it’s not meeting expectations this summer. This shouldn’t be a surprise to Disney with how badly the Star Wars brand has been managed.

#3425 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, in topic related news Disney is cutting down the hours to just 30 a week for employees at the Star Wars theme park because it’s not meeting expectations this summer. This shouldn’t be a surprise to Disney with how badly the Star Wars brand has been managed.

That's a bummer for the employees. I'm not surprised with attendance being down, I wonder if Star Wars in general is just becoming less and less interesting to people with the way Disney has handled the sequel films? Personally I think Disney took a well established theme and instead of expanding upon it made it feel small while limiting if not ruining the original characters that made Star Wars popular in the first place. I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda feel like I really don't care much about Star Wars right now.

I rather watch anything Star Trek related which comes across as having a huge sprawling world versus Star Wars that feel's small and and dull at the moment. Seeing what Picard has been up to for the past 25 + years and where he's going? Can't wait. Seeing how the 2nd order ends? I just don't care lol.

#3426 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I heard that. It could be that people are staying away because they figured the lines would be long for the initial opening. Or the fact that’s theres only one main attraction. Or the fact that the park revolves around the new trilogy, not the classics. And have you seen the prices of merch??? $200+ build a lightsaber/droid? Insanity. I heard a Disney report dismissing attendance numbers but proudly pointing out the fact that individual visitor spending is up like 20%. They are milking these fans for all it’s worth.

#3427 4 years ago

I also heard that when Disney+ launches, they will be releasing The Mandalorian episodes weekly, not all at once for binge viewing. Another tactic to build up fan hype & water cooler talk. No reason to release episodes that way on a streaming service. But they probably already know they have a winner on their hands, and the fans will be so excited waiting for a new episode each week. We’ll only be half through season when Episode 9 releases.

#3428 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

could be that people are staying away because they figured the lines would be long for the initial opening.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I heard a Disney report dismissing attendance numbers but proudly pointing out the fact that individual visitor spending is up like 20%. They are milking these fans for all it’s worth.

I think it’s these two things (a trip to Disney is not feasible cost wise for most families, it’s simply too expensive) combined with apathy for the product based on poor story telling and world shrinking (as panzer said, everything feels so tiny in the Star Wars world)

#3429 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it’s these two things (a trip to Disney is not feasible cost wise for most families, it’s simply too expensive) combined with apathy for the product based on poor story telling and world shrinking (as panzer said, everything feels so tiny in the Star Wars world)

Hating on Star Wars is the popular thing to do now. And with these lousy new movies, characters, storytelling etc etc it is completely justified. But I think it’s going to turn when that Mandalorian comes out. It’s going to itch Star Wars fans in all the right places once again. Looks outstanding. Everyone will be ready to move on from Ep7-9.

#3430 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

But I think it’s going to turn when that Mandalorian comes out. It’s going to itch Star Wars fans in all the right places once again.

I’ll be willing to check out the Mandalorian. I don’t have any expectations for it based on the other product recently but I’m willing to be convinced. I’m very interested in Disney+, might be what I need to shut of DirectTV for good.

#3431 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Hating on Star Wars is the popular thing to do now. And with these lousy new movies, characters, storytelling etc etc it is completely justified. But I think it’s going to turn when that Mandalorian comes out. It’s going to itch Star Wars fans in all the right places once again. Looks outstanding. Everyone will be ready to move on from Ep7-9.

Isn't that where we were after Episode 3? People bad mouthed those movies so much, were done with Star Wars, then got rallied by the Clone Wars so quickly. Only to rinse and repeat another cycle with three films and now new series.

I just wish they'd let it end, frankly. The galaxy, characters, and dynamics of the universe haven't been expanded in engaging ways.

#3432 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

then got rallied by the Clone Wars so quickly.

Clone Wars was easily one of the best animated shows in history. It was getting very sophisticated toward the final seasons tackling major issues like centralized banking and demonstrating various forms of propaganda in the plot. What an incredible and well written show that had something for everyone. If only if weren’t canceled for that Rebels show that wasn’t very good.

#3433 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Clone Wars was easily one of the best animated shows in history. It was getting very sophisticated toward the final seasons tackling major issues like centralized banking and demonstrating various forms of propaganda in the plot. What an incredible and well written show that had something for everyone. If only if weren’t canceled for that Rebels show that wasn’t very good.

Sure, I know people adored it. I'm just saying with this talk of people already excited about the Mandalorian, while shooing off 7-9, rings familiar.

I need to delve deeper into the Clone Wars...

I really enjoyed 1-3. 7-8....doesn't even feel like the same movie series almost. More like, someone who once saw the OT years ago, and thought it was kinda neat.

#3434 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think this is it. The lower than expected crowd levels at Galaxy Edge have shocked the Disney community big time, no one saw this coming. Keep in mind that Disney recently raised RAC rates and ticket prices quite a bit in anticipation for this. I believe the prices are getting to the point that families are starting to value other options besides Disneyland/World. I can't help but think the Star Wars brand is tarnished more than Disney believes as well. The saturation point for both might be now visible.

Now this is for Disneyland keep in mind, DW has yet to open (Aug 29th). I'm going mid Sept for the beer and wine fest and we were going to stay away from GE, but now we'll probably visit Hollywood Studios if the crowd level is low.

#3435 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I really enjoyed 1-3. 7-8....doesn't even feel like the same movie series almost. More like, someone who once saw the OT years ago, and thought it was kinda neat.

Someone told me they remind them of fan fiction type material (i.e. Star Trek TNG).

#3436 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Someone told me they remind them of fan fiction type material (i.e. Star Trek TNG).

Episodes 1-3 and 7-8 certainly DO remind me of fan fiction.
    Fan fiction for Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

#3437 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ll be willing to check out the Mandalorian. I don’t have any expectations for it based on the other product recently but I’m willing to be convinced. I’m very interested in Disney+, might be what I need to shut of DirectTV for good.

Well final season of Clone Wars is another great reason to get Disney+. Soon this horrific period of Star Wars will be over. Kennedy will step down after Ep9. If they want to move forward, all they have to do is look to the past. Wrap up Clone Wars. Mandalorian post ROTJ. An Old Republic trilogy. An Obi-Wan movie. More TV shows, like the Rogue One spin-off. A new animated series with Mark Hamill post ROTJ. Put Rey, Kylo & all of them to the ash heap of history.

That’s why I’m looking forward to The Mandalorian. An entire series based on bounty hunters, scum & villainy, a fallen Empire, and no Jedi. You don’t need to have lightsabers to make a Star Wars story. Personally though, I’m hoping they de-age Mark Hammel for a post ROTJ appearance where the Mandalorian crosses paths with him. Fans heads will explode.

#3438 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well final season of Clone Wars is another great reason to get Disney+.

I’m not convinced that the wrap up of the Clone Wars will meet the expectations. The Clone Wars were pre-Disney, the message of the show will likely now be converted or warped to meet some agenda instead of being filled with big ideas and clever criticisms that it was filled with its last couple seasons. I expect it to be heavy sanitized or going a different direction entirely.

I’m totally planning to give it a shot and I hope my concerns are simply not well founded and the show is allowed to carry on in the same spirit as it had pre Disney / pre cancelation

#3439 4 years ago

Well Dave Filloni is doing Clone Wars again. He was pissed they pulled the plug, so I think he’s super excited to end it like he always wanted. He’s the only guy at Lucasfilm worth anything. I wish he would take over Lucasfilm. He’s been there forever & the fans love him.

Which is why I’m excited for Mandalorian. He is producing, was a co-writer with Favreau, and is directing a few episodes. Clone Wars will be good

#3440 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I think this is it. The lower than expected crowd levels at Galaxy Edge have shocked the Disney community big time, no one saw this coming. Keep in mind that Disney recently raised RAC rates and ticket prices quite a bit in anticipation for this. I believe the prices are getting to the point that families are starting to value other options besides Disneyland/World. I can't help but think the Star Wars brand is tarnished more than Disney believes as well. The saturation point for both might be now visible.
    Now this is for Disneyland keep in mind, DW has yet to open (Aug 29th). I'm going mid Sept for the beer and wine fest and we were going to stay away from GE, but now we'll probably visit Hollywood Studios if the crowd level is low.

I'm at Disney World right now. According to the different tracking sites the lines were supposed to be 2-3 out of 10 with G.E. opening later this month. The sites were wrong the lines are more like 6-7. As far as the Star Wars franchise is concerned there are clearly thousands of people here that aren't that critical and eat up everything SW. The Mouse has the SW machine going full tilt.

SW aside, I'm happy to report that the Tron ride seems to be going up quickly. Nearly 10 years after the movie came out the ride is going up. Why build now? It makes me curious about Disney's future plans for Tron.

1_Tron (resized).jpg1_Tron (resized).jpg
    #3441 4 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/15/rian-johnson-star-wars-new-movies-trilogy-legacy-characters

is this ahole really going to get another shot?

says its going to move beyond the legacy characters, yeah cause they killed or ruined them all lol

#3442 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/15/rian-johnson-star-wars-new-movies-trilogy-legacy-characters
    is this ahole really going to get another shot?
    says its going to move beyond the legacy characters, yeah cause they killed or ruined them all lol

Its pretty common to lock people in to contracts to write scripts or develop projects. Its nothing for the studio to pay him, green lighting the trilogy and putting up a few hundred million to actually make the films is another matter.

#3443 4 years ago

That guy is a complete troll. He loves saying things about his "new trilogy" to rile up fans who hated TLJ & all the damage he did to Star Wars. There is ZERO chance he ever gets another shot a making a Star Wars movie. When Kennedy resigns or gets canned that will be the last you ever hear of this bs.

#3444 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That guy is a complete troll. He loves saying things about his "new trilogy" to rile up fans who hated TLJ & all the damage he did to Star Wars. There is ZERO chance he ever gets another shot a making a Star Wars movie. When Kennedy resigns or gets canned that will be the last you ever hear of this bs

RJ sucks pretty hard. I don’t think he’s trolling us though, at least that is not his primary goal, he’s just positioning for his lawsuit against Disney and/or breakup fee. He’s just creating his false narrative that he’s working on stuff so he can force Disney to pay him more money when they can him.

Him irritating us former fans is just a bonus to him and feeding his ego a bit, but him tattooing Disney for money when they don’t move forward with his dribble is his primary goal.

#3445 4 years ago

Not sure if anyone else heard that Ewan McGregor may be returning as Obi-Wan in a Disney Plus Obi-Wan series. There hasn't been an official announcement from Disney yet. Personally I think the idea of an Obi-Wan show with Ewan McGregor coming back sounds great.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-ewan-mcgregor-will-return-as-obi-wan-kenobi-in-1837288832

#3446 4 years ago

Finally I can see all the crazy adventures obiwan had, while exiled on the desert planet.

#3447 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else heard that Ewan McGregor may be returning as Obi-Wan in a Disney Plus Obi-Wan series. There hasn't been an official announcement from Disney yet. Personally I think the idea of an Obi-Wan show with Ewan McGregor coming back sounds great.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-ewan-mcgregor-will-return-as-obi-wan-kenobi-in-1837288832

I would be more excited for this than the Mandelorean show. I hope it comes to fruition.

#3448 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Finally I can see all the crazy adventures obiwan had, while exiled on the desert planet.

But wasn’t Obi-wan just laying low watching out after Luke from a distance? I mean, it already didn’t make sense to hide Luke with Darth Vader’s step-brother on his home planet, would Obi-Wan really have wanted to draw attention to himself with crazy adventures?

#3449 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This would all sound so much better if Disney weren't involved. For me, minus maybe one or two items, all that they've had a hand in has been at best bland and spiritless, at worst....

#3450 4 years ago

This is not a Disney observation but just saw the movie Into the Spider Verse and thought it was one of the best super hero movies and hope that some more comic type movies will be made.

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/69?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.