Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,192 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png
    c70f2c8a4c529e76 (resized).png
    heather-michele-orourke_214479_5_full (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 124.
    #3201 4 years ago

Troll on hater....

#3202 4 years ago

Star Wars Episode IX: Back to the Well

So apparently we'll finish killing off the old guard with Leia and Lando, and also finish rendering the OT completely meaningless by bringing back Palpatine.

Oh, and Death Star. Again. Because why the hell not.

#3203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Nice head fake on the other, got me.

#3204 4 years ago

Come on now, even haters must admit that at least the title is decent. Especially compared to all the "rumors".

#3205 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

JJ Abrams to the rescue.

Jump to conclusion, do not Padawan... Heh heh heh.

#3206 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Jump to conclusion, do not Padawan... Heh heh heh.

I'm sure it will look pretty and the explosions will look nice.

Have to say seeing Lando did bring a smile to my face. Still not going to a theater to see it though.

Same director had Han die like a bitch.

#3207 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm sure it will look pretty and the explosions will look nice.
    Have to say seeing Lando did bring a smile to my face. Still not going to a theater to see it though.
    Same director had Han die like a bitch.

Yep, great scenery and effects but the JJ Abrams' cheese factor 1000 storytelling will make us regret paying money to these bums.

So far he's ruined 2 franchises for me, the only thing left to do for a perfect trifecta is to helm Indiana Jones next.

#3208 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

So far he's ruined 2 franchises for me, the only thing left to do for a perfect trifecta is to helm Indiana Jones next.

Indiana Jones pretty much took care of that itself.

#3209 4 years ago

Think of Rey as a Clone instead of someone's daughter.

#3210 4 years ago
    somebody-lend-this-guy-a-hand (resized).jpegsomebody-lend-this-guy-a-hand (resized).jpeg
    #3211 4 years ago

RIP, Lando.

#3212 4 years ago

Lan-done

#3213 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Come on now, even haters must admit that at least the title is decent. Especially compared to all the "rumors".

That title is shit.

#3214 4 years ago

That's a cool idea, that would be a good creative twist.

edit: I think Annette Benning is her mother, she was confirmed in the be in the film, so the next plausible link would be that her character had a fing with Luke sometime ago....?

#3215 4 years ago

Because EP8 has done SW for me, i am not a SW hater. I've seen SW4-6 a dozen times and sw7 exactly 4 times . Ep 1 -3 2 times nach because of my nephew..
    But SW8 killed everything.
    So , the Trailer looks good, but i knew the story behind is a pile of shit. No more time of my life i will waste with this.

By the way, just watching willy wonka the third time in my life. Thats story telling

#3216 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

what part is awesome? When Rey back flips over a tie fighter?

Right, did you really think the plane was gonna hit her?

I feel absolutely nothing from this trailer. I'm not excited, i'm not pissed off...I just don't care about Star Wars anymore.

#3217 4 years ago

My favorite part is where they said the saga is coming to an end.

#3218 4 years ago

I'm hoping they at least let him get head from c3p0 before he dies. Since he's apparently into that sort of thing now.

#3219 4 years ago

long time pinsider, first time posting.....

this one HAS to be better than The Last Jedi....right?

if not, 40 years of star wars will go down in flames.

#3220 4 years ago

I was asking my wife and sister in laws:

Who is more powerful? Rey or Captain Marvel? Both are now Disney princesses with magical powers and have men issues.

#3221 4 years ago

This iteration of Star Wars is beyond redemption. Just let this die and reboot the whole thing. This looks as terrible as the title. Star Wars is now Highlander that you just absorb the thoughts of everyone, its nonsense.

#3222 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

This iteration of Star Wars is beyond redemption. Just let this die and reboot the whole thing. This looks as terrible as the title. Star Wars is now Highlander that you just absorb the thoughts of everyone, its nonsense.

It was always nonsense. Space wizards and lazer swords right? But crap is crap. This is not the nonsense we were looking for...

#3223 4 years ago

KK revels new saga:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/12/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-planning-new-saga-with-directors-david-benioff-db-weiss-rian-johnson

"Kennedy told The Hollywood Reporter that she's working with directors David Benioff, D.B. Weiss and Rian Johnson to plot out an entirely new saga that will unfold over the next decade."

So now Rian's dumbass has a chance to muck up the GOT directors saga lol.

They say they are planning the next 10 years of Star Wars, maybe they can pull something off like the Marvel Movies... nah

#3224 4 years ago

it wont die. KK revels new saga:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/12/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-planning-new-saga-with-directors-david-benioff-db-weiss-rian-johnson
    "Kennedy told The Hollywood Reporter that she's working with directors David Benioff, D.B. Weiss and Rian Johnson to plot out an entirely new saga that will unfold over the next decade."
    They say they are planning the next 10 years of Star Wars, maybe they can pull something off like the Marvel Movies... nah

#3225 4 years ago

Call me a hardware nerd, but I just noticed something in the trailer not mentioned.

The Millennium Falcon looks like she has her original dish back.

Watch the trailer right after Lando laughs and comes out of hyperspace, it is clearly a round dish.

1:28 second mark

falcon_dish (resized).jpgfalcon_dish (resized).jpg

#3226 4 years ago

Thank God

#3227 4 years ago
    FB_IMG_1555117558673 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1555117558673 (resized).jpg
    #3228 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It was always nonsense. Space wizards and lazer swords right? But crap is crap. This is not the nonsense we were looking for...

Yeah I have no issue with nonsense, just set the nonsense of the universe and then craft your story. This whole thing of just changing the rules and making it up as you go just does not work. It so frustrating because the damn structure is right there in the MCU. Make a bunch of movies focusing on interesting characters in the Star Wars Universe and bring it all together for an epic climax. The original characters should have been a little bit more than a Stan Lee cameo. Luke taking on an army single handed alone in the desert was really stupid and made no sense. Now Mary Sue is in the desert taking on Tie Fighters with nothing but her light saber its stupid 2.0. How could they not get the memo that people didn't like this shit in TLJ.

#3229 4 years ago

KK revels new saga:

Robert Downey Jr eyeroll.gifRobert Downey Jr eyeroll.gif

#3230 4 years ago

I still say it just isn’t happening. The party line is he’s still involved but there is just simply no way he’s really going to touch Star Wars again. We can say what we want about Disney wanting to prioritize the SJW message over a good story and what not but they will not risk further damage to this franchise. I think KK will be canned after episode IX as well.

#3231 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I still say it just isn’t happening. The party line is he’s still involved but there is just simply no way he’s really going to touch Star Wars again. We can say what we want about Disney wanting to prioritize the SJW message over a good story and what not but they will not risk further damage to this franchise. I think KK will be canned after episode IX as well.

The problem is tiger, right now Iger is rolling in dough, and when you're bigger than ever you don't normally go around fixing things...so I hope you're right, but don't hold your breath she may be around for a while yet. I also want to say it was not entirely her fault, after certain things came to light I realized her biggest mistake was hiring Kiri Hart to be the lead in the story group, I think perhaps it was Hart that started the force is female stuff and led the story down the drain to make a political/social statement. I still blame KK for hiring all of these droopies, along with JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson and Phil Lord and company. If ep 9 goes down well, Iger will not touch her.

#3232 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

If ep 9 goes down well, Iger will not touch her.

Yes, you’re right for sure. She has been given a chance to “right the ship” so to speak.

I just don’t envision Episode IX being a success but it doesn’t look like it will have much competition at the box office when it is released so who knows. I will not be seeing it in theaters, I know that for sure.

#3233 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, you’re right for sure. She has been given a chance to “right the ship” so to speak.

I think she has been shunted aside and will be quietly let go like Kiri Hart or kicked upstairs after the release.

FYI Iger is stepping down in 2021 and wants to leave on a strong note I suspect.

#3234 4 years ago

Only way bringing back Palpatine makes sense to me is that he's a Force ghost to Kylo. I mean, why should the only the good guys get spritual help?

But yeah, the whole TIE Interceptor backflip was ridiculous...

Later,
    EV

#3235 4 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Only way bringing back Palpatine makes sense to me is that he's a Force ghost to Kylo. I mean, why should the only the good guys get spritual help?
    But yeah, the whole TIE Interceptor backflip was ridiculous...
    Later,
    EV

Yeah, why not just fall flat on the ground and hold your lightsaber in the air? I could do that with zero Jedi training.

#3236 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Yeah, why not just fall flat on the ground and hold your lightsaber in the air? I could do that with zero Jedi training.

Uh, Rey had pretty much zero Jedi training

#3237 4 years ago

Guys..... don’t let Episode 9 nonsense get you down! Forget that garbage. The REAL big news at Celebration wasn’t Episode 9, it was the panel for The Mandalorian TV show! I can’t believe there’s no chatter about it!

This show is going to be fricking incredible. I’ve always been more drawn to the “scum & villainy” aspects of Star Wars anyway (instead of Jedi/Sith), and boy does this show deliver! They have NAILED THIS! It’s catered to the 40+ year old fans, not kids. It takes place in the chaotic 5 years after the fall of the Empire in ROTJ. It explores the cutthroat world of bounty hunters & the lore of Mandalorian culture, armor & weapons. This is what the hardcore fans have been dying for since Disney bought SW!

Produced, written & directed by John Favreau & Dave Filoni, and the cast is fricking insane. Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Werner Herzog, Bill Burr, Nick Nolte, etc. You can tell all the people involved deeply care about this project. Hard to believe something this cool could be made under Kathleen Kennedy’s watch. Just goes to show that Star Wars CAN succeed when the RIGHT PEOPLE are involved. And a live TV show is the best way to really tell a deep SW story that has never been done before.

A trailer, a behind the scenes clip, and a 4 minute clip from the pilot were shown to the fans in attendance at Celebration. However this material hasn't been released publicly. Why? Probably because they don’t want to steal the thunder from the current Episode 9 press tour. The hardcore fans are ecstatic about the Mandalorian. Watch that pilot clip/trailer video & you will too.

The clips are leaked from the panel presentation, so they aren’t in HD, but you get the idea.

Pilot clip & Trailer

Behind the Scenes

Celebration Panel

Now tell me Star Wars is dead November can’t come fast enough.

#3238 4 years ago

Star Wars IS dead. KK killed it. It doesn't matter anymore.
    They should consider to rebrand everything that is now produced.

#3239 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Guys..... don’t let Episode 9 nonsense get you down! Forget that garbage. The REAL big news at Celebration wasn’t Episode 9, it was the panel for The Mandalorian TV show! I can’t believe there’s no chatter about it!
    This show is going to be fricking incredible. I’ve always been more drawn to the “scum & villainy” aspects of Star Wars anyway (instead of Jedi/Sith), and boy does this show deliver! They have NAILED THIS! It’s catered to the 40+ year old fans, not kids. It takes place in the chaotic 5 years after the fall of the Empire in ROTJ. It explores the cutthroat world of bounty hunters & the lore of Mandalorian culture, armor & weapons. This is what the hardcore fans have been dying for since Disney bought SW!
    Produced, written & directed by John Favreau & Dave Filoni, and the cast is fricking insane. Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Werner Herzog, Bill Burr, Nick Nolte, etc. You can tell all the people involved deeply care about this project. Hard to believe something this cool could be made under Kathleen Kennedy’s watch. Just goes to show that Star Wars CAN succeed when the RIGHT PEOPLE are involved. And a live TV show is the best way to really tell a deep SW story that has never been done before.
    A trailer, a behind the scenes clip, and a 4 minute clip from the pilot were shown to the fans in attendance at Celebration. However this material hasn't been released publicly. Why? Probably because they don’t want to steal the thunder from the current Episode 9 press tour. The hardcore fans are ecstatic about the Mandalorian. Watch that pilot clip/trailer video & you will too.
    The clips are leaked from the panel presentation, so they aren’t in HD, but you get the idea.
    Pilot clip & Trailer
    Behind the Scenes
    Celebration Panel
    Now tell me Star Wars is dead November can’t come fast enough.

Damn exciting, it looks good and not cheesy....it's like comparing the Daniel Craig Bond to the Roger Moore one. Favreau is obviously the right guy, thank goodness.

#3240 4 years ago

We want to like this, I want to like this, but we have been burned by TFA, TLJ, and frankly Solo was nothing special. KK has earned our distrust. We can be won back over, but they need to give us a really good reason. Marketing, previews, hyope, and favorable critic reviews won't sell us anymore. They need to do make something truly special, and that will be hard to connect with us since they have killed off beloved characters and burned bridges from the original trilogy. We will see, and while I'll be minded, I'm not optimistic.

#3241 4 years ago
    Quoted from tl54hill:

We want to like this, I want to like this, but we have been burned by TFA, TLJ, and frankly Solo was nothing special. KK has earned our distrust. We can be won back over, but they need to give us a really good reason. Marketing, previews, hyope, and favorable critic reviews won't sell us anymore. They need to do make something truly special, and that will be hard to connect with us since they have killed off beloved characters and burned bridges from the original trilogy. We will see, and while I'll be minded, I'm not optimistic.

This summed it up for me perfectly. I’m willing to get sucked in to the Star Wars product again but it won’t be through hype...they have to make a strong product first that the fans are raving about (not the media or critics).

It is hard to envision Star Wars having any sophisticated stories will KK is there prioritizing social messages over story telling, but I’ll give the Mandelorian a chance after the first season is done if it is well received by the fans (needs to be a Westworld quality show level).

#3242 4 years ago

Some idiot in Wisconsin watched Captain Marvel 116 times. Suicide is a better option than that.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/19/715053876/wisconsin-man-breaks-record-by-watching-captain-marvel-116-times

#3243 4 years ago

The Mandelorian will be available on Disney+ or somewhere else? How much does Disney+ service cost?

#3244 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atrain:

The Mandelorian will be available on Disney+ or somewhere else? How much does Disney+ service cost?

Correct, The Mandelorian will be available on Disney+. Disney shocked the world by coming in at $6.99/month (cheaper if you pay by the year). They're trying to grab market share from Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/etc. with a low introductory price. If it takes off there's no way it'll stay there, but enjoy it while it lasts.

#3245 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Some idiot in Wisconsin watched Captain Marvel 116 times. Suicide is a better option than that.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/04/19/715053876/wisconsin-man-breaks-record-by-watching-captain-marvel-116-times

Brie Larson has done a few interviews with some cast members from Avengers, she comes across as a lunatic with a huge chip on her shoulder..

I have some popcorn going, the fall will be impressive.

#3246 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Brie Larson has done a few interviews with some cast members from Avengers, she comes across as a lunatic with a huge chip on her shoulder..
    I have some popcorn going, the fall will be impressive.

Yeah, what's going on at Disney? Another bad hiring, writing and casting job by them. Look at the resume of the duo directors, wtf? Sometimes you get a indy director and you get something special, Btw, Rian was supposed to be one of those guys, but boy, did he crash and burn. I guess a lot depends on the kind of director you get, someone with a vision and respect for the source material or someone looking to be the IT boy or girl. For example look at the B movie space that Planet of the Apes resided in before Mett Reves took it over, he (along with writer Bombeck) arguably made it into something more than it was meant to be. Something great happens when intelligence and talent converge on a good franchise or reboot. So far not many of these independent types have come through in a big way. One other demographics we have to blame....Us, the fans, we have to stop giving money to mediocrity. If we don't it's TLJ and Capt Marvel for a loooong time.

Btw, speaking of indy directors that can surprise, Todd Phillips is one of them, his new Joker movie starring Joaquin Phoenix looks darn good....the director has a weak resume but it looks like he put a lot of love and respect in this movie. Obviously I'm only guessing since it's not out yet but check out the trailer:

#3247 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Btw, speaking of indy directors that can surprise, Todd Phillips is one of them, his new Joker movie starring Joaquin Phoenix looks darn good....the director has a weak resume but it looks like he put a lot of love and respect in this movie. Obviously I'm only guessing since it's not out yet but check out the trailer:

Seen the trailer, looks like an interesting take on the subject. Have to see how it plays out.

#3248 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, what's going on at Disney? Another bad hiring, writing and casting job by them. Look at the resume of the duo directors, wtf? Sometimes you get a indy director and you get something special, Btw, Rian was supposed to be one of those guys, but boy, did he crash and burn. I guess a lot depends on the kind of director you get, someone with a vision and respect for the source material or someone looking to be the IT boy or girl. For example look at the B movie space that Planet of the Apes resided in before Mett Reves took it over, he (along with writer Bombeck) arguably made it into something more than it was meant to be. Something great happens when intelligence and talent converge on a good franchise or reboot. So far not many of these independent types have come through in a big way. One other demographics we have to blame....Us, the fans, we have to stop giving money to mediocrity. If we don't it's TLJ and Capt Marvel for a loooong time.

Matt Reeves is awesome. He’s a great storyteller. He nailed it with Planet of the Apes. Really looking forward to his take on Batman, more geared towards the “worlds greatest detective” aspect of the character.

If that Joker move is a hit (which I’m sure it will), I’m sure they will try to set his Batman movie into that new Joker universe they are creating, separate from all that Justice League crap.

1 week later
    #3249 4 years ago

Real quiet here lately.

Any "news" ?

#3250 4 years ago

I’ll throw this out there for everyone.

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/65?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.