Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,192 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg
    Dude.gif
    IMG_3942 (resized).png
    c70f2c8a4c529e76 (resized).png
    heather-michele-orourke_214479_5_full (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 124.
    #3101 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m not following you on this portion. How could Gunn, one way or the other, have had an impact on the Fox acquisition?

Anything controversial during an acquisition of this size is to be avoided. There were any number of things that could have upset the apple cart making it not happen. Disney moved with unusual speed to "jettison" Gunn when the news broke which leads some credence to the theory.

They wanted the Fox movie properties and wanted nothing to jeopardize that.

#3102 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd not trust the guy within 50 feet of a child. GOG was an awesome movie, doesn't change my opinion of the guy an ounce.

Amen to that, I usually give people a pass regarding a faux pas when it comes to a rare or unintended politically incorrect remark or joke, but there is no road back from pedophila.

#3103 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

, but there is no road back from pedophila.

There's always the priesthood

#3104 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The guy is a creep and I'll not rehash what has already been flogged to death here. Provided plenty of evidence, I'd not trust the guy within 50 feet of a child. GOG was an awesome movie, doesn't change my opinion of the guy an ounce.
    I agree with someone else who had an insightful thought on another site.
    Gunn was never fired.
    Oh they said he was but in reality he was not. There was no effort to dump the script he wrote for GOG3 nor was there any real effort to find another director. Disney just didn't want anything that could potentially screw up the Fox acquisition. Now that it is all but in the bag it is safe to "rehire" Gunn.
    Makes perfect sense all things considered.

This is Hollywood we're talking about. Weinstein ran half the town for 30 years and everybody knew he was a straight up Deviant, not only did they not care or do anything about it, they went out of their way to help him find new victims.

I'm not a huge Feminist but I draw the line way before multiple rape over 30 years and nobody says anything.

I'm not surprised that in that kind of 'culture' they rehired a weirdo who tweeted some sick stuff on twitter. He's just one of the ones we know about, imagine all the ones we don't know about yet.

#3105 5 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

This is Hollywood we're talking about. Weinstein ran half the town for 30 years and everybody knew he was a straight up Deviant, not only did they not care or do anything about it, they went out of their way to help him find new victims.

No way!

/snark.

Harvey likes them Young and Fresh (resized).PNGHarvey likes them Young and Fresh (resized).PNG
    #3106 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Anything controversial during an acquisition of this size is to be avoided. There were any number of things that could have upset the apple cart making it not happen. Disney moved with unusual speed to "jettison" Gunn when the news broke which leads some credence to the theory.
    They wanted the Fox movie properties and wanted nothing to jeopardize that.

Just my personal opinion here of course, but the two biggest hurdles were (1) winning the bid for the assets, and (2) passing federal regulatory compliance for not being anti competitive. Gunn should not be a factor in consideration of either of those hurdles.

Of course, I do agree that Disney would have preferred not to have any controversy. Disney does not subscribe the theory that any news is good news, they are (by a wide margin) more sensitive to bad press or criticism than any other major corporation I can think of.

#3107 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just my personal opinion here of course, but the two biggest hurdles were (1) winning the bid for the assets, and (2) passing federal regulatory compliance for not being anti competitive. Gunn should not be a factor in consideration of either of those hurdles.

Disney AND Fox shareholders had to sign off on the deal.

I'm sure there are other clauses in the contracts should issues arise that have an impact on the sale price too. Lot of money at stake.

#3108 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Oh they said he was but in reality he was not. There was no effort to dump the script he wrote for GOG3 nor was there any real effort to find another director.

"Marvel still hasn’t found a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 director to take over for James Gunn, but they’ve approached a few people. One of those people was Adam McKay, director of Anchorman and the upcoming Vice. McKay has some Marvel experience – he worked on the script for Ant-Man, and has now confirmed he was up to direct Inhumans before it became a TV series. Appearing on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcast (via Geek Tyrant), McKay revealed Marvel big cheese Kevin Feige approached him about directing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3."

"Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi confirmed today he will not take on Guardians of the Galaxy 3, defending former director James Gunn and referring to it as “James’ film.” Waititi was rumored to be the front runner director to replace Gunn on the project, following the latter’s firing by Disney and Marvel Studios in July 2018. “Going into something like that, which has got his stamp all over it, it would feel like going into someone’s house and saying, ‘Hey, I’m your new dad,’” Waititi said, as reported by The Wrap."

#3109 5 years ago

It seems like Captain Marvel and (so far) all Marvel movies have not been contaminated like SW (SJW/Fatigue)

Captain Marvel has already surpassed Solo Domestic and Global totals

Solo $392M world wide

Captain Marvel at $709M has passed a lot of movies like many X-Men movies and is at 107 all time in just one week and change. Still well behind the dailys of Black Panther but otherwise solidly top 6-10 of Marvel movies. Will probably land up in the $1B category with foreign receipts kicking ass already at $500M

Rogue one was $523M foreign and had more domestic gross to break the $1B club, we need to see how badly second week is (seems like $60M is estimate for the weekend that is not included in the totals of CM yet).

#3110 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

It seems like Captain Marvel and (so far) all Marvel movies have not been contaminated like SW (SJW/Fatigue)
    Solo $392M world wide
    Captain Marvel at $594M has passed a lot of movies like many X-Men movies and is at 150 all time in just one week and change. Still well behind the dailys of Black Panther but otherwise solidly top 10 of Marvel movies.

I think a lot of it is timing as well. The most anticipated Marvel movie of all time is a month away, and this is the connector movie between them. I know quite a few people that haven't seen a lot of the standalone Marvel movies, but saw IW and then Captain Marvel because they viewed it as important to see before EG. I think if Captain Marvel was made at any time before IW, it wouldn't have done nearly as well.

#3111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

I think a lot of it is timing as well. The most anticipated Marvel movie of all time is a month away, and this is the connector movie between them. I know quite a few people that haven't seen a lot of the standalone Marvel movies, but saw IW and then Captain Marvel because they viewed it as important to see before EG. I think if Captain Marvel was made at any time before IW, it wouldn't have done nearly as well.

My point is that Marvel is almost assumed to be a big hit and not lose money on a film like Solo did. It seems like SW is not as sure of a thing after KK got it messed up. I do think SW is still a big deal with SW theme lands in both of the US Disney resorts (I think they will be huge attractions). But that is not due to the last couple SW films more to do with overall 40+ years of SW.

#3112 5 years ago

Just updated Captain Marvel is at $760M global that’s a few million less than the first Guardians did in the whole release. A couple of days it’ll pass Deadpool and DP2 and IJ4.

It’s almost a lock for $1B box office I’ll see it because you know Avengers 4.

CM second weekend domestic is just $10M shy of TLJ did in second weekend TLJ sits at $1.3B worldwide, I think CM will pick up more international than TLJ but less domestic.

I have not seen CM yet but we can put to bed the idea that fatigue is a factor.

#3113 5 years ago

100% agreed that the "Star Wars fatigue" factor was always BS.

I think what this Captain Marvel vs. Solo box office contrast shows/reveals is closer to the core of it....

CM is doing well, because most people have no idea who the character is. Given the track record of the previous Marvel flicks, they see a new one coming out and figure, "what the heck, I'll give this new crew a shot". See the first GOTG for the proof of that pudding.

Solo however was truly backlash for TLJ. Disney went in and messed with beloved characters with over 40 years of built up expectations in people's minds, as well as a wealth of established ideas in other media (books, games, etc.). If they would have left Luke and Leia out of TLJ, you wouldn't have near the anger you do now.

Solo's box office was a protest/boycott, pure and simple.

Later,
    EV

#3114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

"Marvel still hasn’t found a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 director to take over for James Gunn, but they’ve approached a few people. One of those people was Adam McKay, director of Anchorman and the upcoming Vice. McKay has some Marvel experience – he worked on the script for Ant-Man, and has now confirmed he was up to direct Inhumans before it became a TV series. Appearing on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcast (via Geek Tyrant), McKay revealed Marvel big cheese Kevin Feige approached him about directing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3."
    "Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi confirmed today he will not take on Guardians of the Galaxy 3, defending former director James Gunn and referring to it as “James’ film.” Waititi was rumored to be the front runner director to replace Gunn on the project, following the latter’s firing by Disney and Marvel Studios in July 2018. “Going into something like that, which has got his stamp all over it, it would feel like going into someone’s house and saying, ‘Hey, I’m your new dad,’” Waititi said, as reported by The Wrap."

"They approached a few people"

Taika Waititi was not offered the job by Disney, it was a rumor which the Thor director dispelled.

It says right in the quote you posted "rumor"

This was suppose to be shooting first quarter 2019, or in other words right this minute. Disney made no real effort to find a director, this is a very big deal. Crews frequently sign contracts that locks them in for time periods which with popular actors is very problematic and worked out months if not years in advance. Depending on the contract Disney may have to pay out and or release them from contract which is no minor problem with other people in the cast already contracted out for their own movies.

Just look at the stupid dust up over Henry Cavill's mustache to see how ridiculous things can get contract wise.

#3115 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Solo $392M world wide
    Captain Marvel at $709M has passed a lot of movies like many X-Men movies and is at 107 all time in just one week and change. Still well behind the dailys of Black Panther but otherwise solidly top 6-10 of Marvel movies. Will probably land up in the $1B category with foreign receipts kicking ass already at $500M
    Rogue one was $523M foreign and had more domestic gross to break the $1B club, we need to see how badly second week is (seems like $60M is estimate for the weekend that is not included in the totals of CM yet).

It did have a 69% drop off from last Friday but if you front loaded a lot of tickets in the first week not unexpected. Long term numbers will be interesting.

#3116 5 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

100% agreed that the "Star Wars fatigue" factor was always BS.
    I think what this Captain Marvel vs. Solo box office contrast shows/reveals is closer to the core of it....
    CM is doing well, because most people have no idea who the character is. Given the track record of the previous Marvel flicks, they see a new one coming out and figure, "what the heck, I'll give this new crew a shot". See the first GOTG for the proof of that pudding.
    Solo however was truly backlash for TLJ. Disney went in and messed with beloved characters with over 40 years of built up expectations in people's minds, as well as a wealth of established ideas in other media (books, games, etc.). If they would have left Luke and Leia out of TLJ, you wouldn't have near the anger you do now.
    Solo's box office was a protest/boycott, pure and simple.
    Later,
    EV

I just don't know if Solo is truly backlash. I can't quite put it into words, but I just see a big difference in making a movie about the past of a major beloved character in cinematic history, versus let's say a movie like Captain Marvel (or others) about a character that, unless you are really into comic books, probably don't know a lot about. I always thought Solo was a bad idea from the start - that you could absolutely love Star Wars, but still don't have much of a desire to see a movie revealing Solo's past. It's almost as if it takes away some of the original character. Sure I can see TV series, etc, doing it. But a movie is just different. Kind of like if they made a young Indiana Jones movie - even if you love Indiana Jones, I'm not sure you'd like to see a young actor playing him in his earlier days on the big screen. Something just doesn't feel right about that.

#3117 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

It seems like Captain Marvel and (so far) all Marvel movies have not been contaminated like SW

Or maybe the Star Wars movies are just dogshit? Like, CM wasn’t a great movie but at no point did it make me want to walk out of the theatre due to sucking or make me cry out “come ON!” at the bullshit plot?

#3118 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Or maybe the Star Wars movies are just dogshit? Like, CM wasn’t a great movie but at no point did it make me want to walk out of the theatre due to sucking or make me cry out “come ON!” at the bullshit plot?

I did almost fall asleep in the first act of CM, it was that dull.

TLJ just was over the top taking a wizz on the fans while laughing maniacally.

#3119 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I did almost fall asleep in the first act of CM, it was that dull.
    TLJ just was over the top taking a wizz on the fans while laughing maniacally.

When you put it that way, TLJ sounds like more fun.

#3120 5 years ago

Star Wars Girl doesn't care for Brie Larson.

#3121 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

It did have a 69% drop off from last Friday but if you front loaded a lot of tickets in the first week not unexpected. Long term numbers will be interesting.

-55% second weekend which is better than average MCU film. Already top 10 MCU film worldwide.

#3122 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

She can do anything including hacking a game boy and pay phone to make intergalactic phone calls on a planet she has no memory of being on before. Mary-Sue to the extreme.

Ah yes.....I forgot how incredibly stupid it was having her call an alien spaceship traveling at the speed of light, from a hacked 90's phone. And she did it twice I believe (from a payphone & also from inside a Top Secret Air Force base). So she just hacked the phone into her suit to make the call or something, or did she just dial 1800COLLECT first? Just another dumb example in this completely forgettable movie.

captain-marvel-photo-phone (resized).jpgcaptain-marvel-photo-phone (resized).jpg

Fun Fact: The 1-800 phone number listed on the payphone is actually a working phone sex line. Whoops Disney!

https://www.inverse.com/article/50661-captain-marvel-spoilers-brie-larson-phone-number-sex-hotline

#3123 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Fun Fact: The 1-800 phone number listed on the payphone is actually a working phone sex line. Whoops Disney!
    https://www.inverse.com/article/50661-captain-marvel-spoilers-brie-larson-phone-number-sex-hotline

Disney sure seems to have a lot of accidents.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/g19587585/disney-movies-sex-references/

#3124 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ah yes.....I forgot how incredibly stupid it was having her call an alien spaceship traveling at the speed of light, from a hacked 90's phone. And she did it twice I believe (from a payphone & also from inside a Top Secret Air Force base). So she just hacked the phone into her suit to make the call or something, or did she just dial 1800COLLECT first? Just another dumb example in this completely forgettable movie.
    [quoted image]

Just lazy writing..I was watching TFA on cable yesterday, and Han Solo has a line about the Jedi, he said all that "Mumbo Jumbo"... there was no need for that line, it should have been changed. Dialogue like that break the 4th wall. Anyway that's the least of the transgressions these 2 last directors perpetrated. I was watching the throw away lines and characters and shaking my head. The Maz character was a cringe worthy as the fembot from Solo. The line where Solo uses Chewie's crossbow "Oh I like this" ? The part that he shoots the storm trooper without looking...oh boy. Sooo many bad mistakes. I got about about 20 more of those scenes that made me want to throw the remote at the TV. Remind again why these directors are rich and famous.

#3125 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Remind again why these directors are rich and famous.

I can think of a couple of billion reasons.

#3126 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I can think of a couple of billion reasons.

Well, I'm not one the enablers, my 19 bucks was not included in that pot.

#3127 5 years ago

Heard they destroyed a classic Bally in CM.
    Not surprised. Nothing seems off limits.

#3128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

We should probably insist on IFPA certification for any movie featuring a pinball.

#3129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I'll make you more sad; typical props they have several on hand because shooting must go on no matter what. I'd not be surprised if they broke a couple with reshoots.

#3130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

How many people can fling a pinball machine over their head in a fast blur of action? I think it's more likely they destroyed a CGI pin.

#3131 5 years ago

Saw Captain Marvel, it wasn’t a bad movie...far far far better than TLJ.

I did feel Captain Marvel was over powered. I prefer to see adversity and hero’s having to conquer some kind of defect and that wasn’t really present in this movie. I also like movies with good and clever villains that are themselves deep, that was lacking in CM. I also did not care for the lead actress.

Nevertheless, the sound track was great. The special effects of course were great. The humor was good. I love movies set in the 90’s. Was it the best marvel movie? No it was not, but it was better than Iron Man 3, Thor 2, or Ant Man.

#3132 5 years ago

I actually liked IM3. I always hear this was a bad movie, but perhaps I like all the Marvel movies think any of the Hulk movies would count as the worst. Speaking of which IM3 drew in $1.2B at box office not far below Black Panther. I’m not surprised if CM gets to a Billion.

#3133 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saw Captain Marvel, it wasn’t a bad movie...far far far better than TLJ.
    I did feel Captain Marvel was over powered. I prefer to see adversity and hero’s having to conquer some kind of defect and that wasn’t really present in this movie. I also like movies with good and clever villains that are themselves deep, that was lacking in CM. I also did not care for the lead actress.
    Nevertheless, the sound track was great. The special effects of course were great. The humor was good. I love movies set in the 90’s. Was it the best marvel movie? No it was not, but it was better than Iron Man 3, Thor 2, or Ant Man.

I saw CM last night too and thought it was awful. I slept off and on through it as I just couldn't get in to it. Boring start, boring characters (except Fury), boring story, and bad acting. I woke up at the end when she was going to fight Jude Law and all she did was shoot him, fight over. Unbelievably lame. I sure hope CM doesn't ruin Endgame. I'm probably building myself up for a letdown with that movie.

I've fallen asleep at movies before, but never a Marvel or SW movie. I'll watch every Marvel movie twice before I ever watch CM again.

I will put CM over TLJ just because it didn't ruin a franchise the way TLJ did, but I'll watch TLJ again long before I watch CM again.

#3134 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I actually liked IM3. I always hear this was a bad movie, but perhaps I like all the Marvel movies think any of the Hulk movies would count as the worst. Speaking of which IM3 drew in $1.2B at box office not far below Black Panther. I’m not surprised if CM gets to a Billion.

IM3 had some pretty good lines in it.

"That all you got? One liners and a cheesy pick up line"?

"Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography".

Laugh every time I see that.

#3135 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

...or Ant Man.

You shut your dirty mouth.

#3136 5 years ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

You shut your dirty mouth.

Of all the Marvel movies I have seen (Not counting the Universal Studios Hulk or Fox movies) Captain Marvel is pretty close to the bottom. Even movies I didn't expect to like such as Dr. Strange were pretty enjoyable. For me the weakest entries were Thor II and III though the third one works as a "buddy movie" which I enjoyed that aspect. We just watched the Iron Man series and thought 2 and 3 were weak initially but have a better opinion of them now.

Avengers Ultron is another weak entry. Black Panther was ok and the main actor did an incredible job but the backstory was meh.

I almost fell asleep in the first act, that is how lackluster it was. Not the only one judging by comments.

#3137 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I liked IM and IM2, specially with Mickey Rourke as Vanko, but IM3 was a bit of mess as far as the story was concerned, I think they rushed the story and it was a bit weak. But I thought both Hulk movies were very well made. Ang Lee did a real good job with the origin story. The whole father issue and his experimentation was well thought out. The second one was good too, Edward Norton did a fantastic job. Let's be honest, aren't you tired of another villain looking for a crystal, a ring, a book or whatever to dominate or destroy the world.

#3138 5 years ago

I was reading a review of a Marantz receiver at audioholics & the reviewer has an issue with agendas:

I have a love/hate relationship with Disney these days. I'm not happy with what they did to Star Wars and now since they've taken control of Marvel, they are largely responsible for why Daredevil was cancelled after three amazing seasons on Netflix. Daredevil is chock full of story, and character development with unparalleled choreographed fighting scenes. It's such a refreshing show in an age of superhero love dramas tied in with deliberate feminist agendas.

#3139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I was reading a review of a Marantz receiver at audioholics & the reviewer has an issue with agendas:

Daredevil was clearly the best of the Marvel series on Netflix, if drawn out with filler episodes time to time. Never even bothered to see more than one episode of Iron Fist or Luke Cage. The first season of Jessica Jones was alright, Dave Tennant was an excellent villain that made the season.

#3140 5 years ago

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/03/rumor-benioff-and-weiss-first-star-wars-film-set-well-before-the-skywalkers-to-begin-filming-this-fall.html

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but it sounds like the Benioff/Weiss trilogy is definitely set in the Old Republic Now that GOT is wrapped up, they can work on this full time now. With a clean slate & total freedom, it's exciting to think what they'll come up with.

#3141 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Daredevil was clearly the best of the Marvel series on Netflix, if drawn out with filler episodes time to time. Never even bothered to see more than one episode of Iron Fist or Luke Cage. The first season of Jessica Jones was alright, Dave Tennant was an excellent villain that made the season.

What about The Punisher?

#3142 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

What about The Punisher?

Darn it I forgot all about that.

It was ok. Took me a while to take a shine to Shane (Walking Dead reference for ya) in the role. Both seasons were ok, DD was better though.

Too much filler in Punisher, way to much.

#3143 5 years ago

Saw Shazam last night - so much more enjoyable than Captain Marvel. Nothing groundbreaking, but just a really good pace and entertaining from start to finish.

#3144 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Darn it I forgot all about that.
    It was ok. Took me a while to take a shine to Shane (Walking Dead reference for ya) in the role. Both seasons were ok, DD was better though.

I really hated Shane in Walking Dead but I thought he did real good as the Punisher. I loved it when he grunted.

#3145 5 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

I really hated Shane in Walking Dead but I thought he did real good as the Punisher. I loved it when he grunted.

Punisher War Zone movie actor nailed the look of Frank Castle I thought.

Re-watched the low budget "Aussie" Punisher movie from 1989 with Dolph, it has not improved at all with age.

Punisherwarzoneteaser (resized).jpgPunisherwarzoneteaser (resized).jpg
    #3146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Saw Shazam last night - so much more enjoyable than Captain Marvel. Nothing groundbreaking, but just a really good pace and entertaining from start to finish.

The reviewers I trust indicate it is a fun movie.

#3147 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Fair critique of Punisher. And the Agent Madani character was iffy in the first season and full-on sucked in the second. How the hell did she get a gun and badge when she's such an incompetent moron? Almost the reverse of what you guys were bitching about with Cpt. Marvel, Madani's nothing but flaws.

That said, I thought "Shane" crushed it as the Punisher, kept me watching despite the show's flaws. It's a shame there won't be a season three, but maybe Disney will figure out a way to continue some of these shows. Not sure how they'll incorporate the darker Marvel material on their new streaming platform, maybe they'll have multiple channels or something.

#3148 5 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

I really hated Shane in Walking Dead

Nope he was great in TWD especially when he got his buzz cut.

#3149 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair critique of Punisher. And the Agent Madani character was iffy in the first season and full-on sucked in the second. How the hell did she get a gun and badge when she's such an incompetent moron? Almost the reverse of what you guys were bitching about with Cpt. Marvel, Madani's nothing but flaws.

Oh there was several cringy things going on in Punisher no doubt. Comparing a secondary character in a TV drama to the main one in a tentpole flagship movie is not a fair comparison though.

Once you figure out it is a soap opera with a few action scenes thrown in it makes more sense. The last season the only really interesting character was the assassin, I don't wish to spoil anything for people who have not seen it yet. They correctly kept his past largely hidden which made him more intriguing.

Quoted from fosaisu:

That said, I thought "Shane" crushed it as the Punisher, kept me watching despite the show's flaws.

He was better then last year, I'll give him that. In the walking dead he was irritating as heck.

Quoted from fosaisu:

It's a shame there won't be a season three, but maybe Disney will figure out a way to continue some of these shows.

Disney killed them, pure and simple. They are going to have their own streaming platform and shortly will be a competitor to Netflix. The sad part is due to contracts, they can't rehire the original actors in the roles. I thought Charlie Cox was superb as Daredevil even though at first I thought he looked to "soft" for the role compared to how he was drawn years ago. Mr. Cox did Matt Murdock justice I must say. Froggy was pretty close to as drawn and written.

Karen Paige though, good riddance.

The rest of the Marvel properties needed to go away, aside from DD and Punisher they were not much worth watching aside from the first season of Jessica Jones and a few episodes of Defenders.

#3150 5 years ago

Speaking of streaming, anyone catch Taboo with Tom Hardy? I also liked the Alienist with Daniel Bruhl and Luke Evans, both of those shows were really well done.

There are 6,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.