Quoted from JeffZee:
I more or less liked Captain Marvel. I thought it had a certain sort of Iron Eagle silliness that could have been avoided with an older looking actress. I was hoping for a more credible explanation as to why this character hasn't been mentioned in the last ten years. Fury had numerous other occasions to push the button before Infinity War.
1) Exactly, why didn't Fury page Captain Marvel when aliens were invading New York? Pretty much end of the world stuff right there.
2) The "McGuffin" people were chasing after had already been determined by a prior movie to be somewhere else NOT where it was found. This could be attributed to some vagueness though. In the comics it is more definitive.
3) Origin name of super team retconned.
4) The missile scene was ludicrous as was much of the third act.
5) Fury losing his eye time frame contradicts movie canon, See Winter Soldier.
6) Meeting aliens time frame retconned (See Thor)
7) Shield name used... decades before Iron Man introduced then as “Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division."
The first act of the movie is rather flat, the middle is better and the third act is more than a touch ridiculous. The only time Brie comes across as genuine was in the Stan Lee cameo for some reason. She can do anything including hacking a game boy and pay phone to make intergalactic phone calls on a planet she has no memory of being on before.
Mary-Sue to the extreme.
Jackson was the star of the show, the cats role way over-rated.
Skrull guy was pretty entertaining too.
Edit: And yes there is a strong anti-male message through the whole movie.