Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 125.
    #2851 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

FFS. The answer to whatever ails SW is not unearthing the absolute worst ideas from the prequels. The amount of butt-hurt fanboyism generated by Episode 8 has been pretty amusing, but if we are back to midichlorians I am out for good.

So let me get this straight...

1) KK & Disney threw Lucas' Ep 7-9 draft in the trash because it was a horrible idea focused on Midiclorians, Whils & the explanation of the force.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/18/george-lucas-star-wars-episodes-7-9-would-have-explored-midi-chlorians-and-the-microbiotic-world

2) KK & Disney proceed to destroy an entire franchise & piss off every fan with their own horrible story ideas & poorly written new characters in Episode7-8.

3) Now to try & save face, KK & Disney are pulling ideas about Midiclorians from Lucas' garbage draft for Episode 9?

You cannot make this shit up. If there's a scene where Palpatine's ghost starts explaining Midiclorians to Kylo Ren, I'm going to lose it.

#2852 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You cannot make this shit up. If there's a scene where Palpatine's ghost starts explaining Midiclorians to Kylo Ren, I'm going to lose it.

You'll have to tell me about it. I won't be watching episode 9. Star Wars is dead and nothing with the exception of time travel, actual time travel, will change anything.

#2853 5 years ago

Well, the Rebels cartoon is canon and it introduced Time Travel, so anything is possible.

#2854 5 years ago

More entertaining than TLJ

95C513DA-C242-4626-B550-D41AFB0097DD.gif95C513DA-C242-4626-B550-D41AFB0097DD.gif
    2 weeks later
    #2855 5 years ago

Any NEWS on EP 9 as of late?

Been pretty quiet here...

#2856 5 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

The hype machine is behind Marvel currently. I'm sure we'll see an ep9 trailer soon. The anticipation is gone for most of us though.

#2857 5 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Been pretty quiet here...

I think Disney is trying to keep a low profile on SW for the moment. There was an article about lost revenue on merchandise a week or two ago but didn't think it was worth posting.

#2858 5 years ago

I couldn't care less. I'm totally done with the SW universe. They had a chance to drudge something good after the prequel shitfest, and they started. Then ended up piling up twice as much shit as before.

#2859 5 years ago

Star Wars as a brand is pretty poisoned right now they are trying to keep a low profile for sure. I can't speak to it but a quick google will tell you even the video games are getting shelved.

#2860 5 years ago

I have two close friends that I grew up with and we all were star wars nuts.

all three of us live in different cities and saw the last jedi separately and did not discuss it to affect others viewing pleasure/displeasure

all three are just over the franchise and just do not give a flying f*#& about it and are not going to waste any time or money on anything star wars again.

I feel like there is a lot of this sentiment from fans. not necessarily just older fans, we are all in our early 30s so we did not see the originals in theaters but did see all the prequels, etc. - They both have 2 children who are not going to be brought up with new star wars toys and stuff cause the parents probably arent going to expose it to them. One of them has a near complete black series action figure set that he is selling off.

They probably lost all/most of us but they will probably reboot and get the next generation of fans and it could all pan out for them, but it wont be any thanks to my support.

#2861 5 years ago

Even if ep 9 is finally the SW we've been pining for since TFA can it make all the mishapps disappear? Me thinks Not, the trilogy is damaged and will go down as the weak link in the saga. I do hope they can save face a little bit with this last episode. The only way to bring it back with fresh relaunch in the future when our appetite returns.

#2862 5 years ago

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-episode-ix-leaks-han-luke-leia

Some snippets from a website with a decent track record, nothing earth shattering.

I suspect there will be a whole bunch of flashbacks.. which, when overdone is annoying.

#2863 5 years ago

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-hiding-star-wars-losses

Blink and you might miss it as Disney seems to be using a Jedi mind trick to hide the fact that their "Consumer Products & Interactive Media" division suffered losses for the past few years regarding their Star Wars and Marvel Comics brands.

#2864 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Even if ep 9 is finally the SW we've been pining for since TFA can it make all the mishapps disappear? Me thinks Not, the trilogy is damaged and will go down as the weak link in the saga. I do hope they can save face a little bit with this last episode. The only way to bring it back with fresh relaunch in the future when our appetite returns.

This.

I think their strategy is pretty clear. Profits are down, toy sales are in the tank, and ticket sales are not meeting expectations. They blew it, they pissed off the fan base & they know it. But they won't admit it. So they hope to try & right their wrongs by creating a fan-service swan song for Episode 9, with the hopes of winning the fans back as the Skywalker saga saga wraps up. What's done is done at this point. Pretty tough to polish a turd.

After Episode 9 released, it's time to restructure Lucasfilm & fire everyone involved with these poor decisions. Most future projects are already scrapped, especially anything that has to do with Rian Johnson. Time to reassess everything, especially if fans boycott Episode 9.

I will say this though. It will be pretty tough for a hardcore fan to holdout of Episode 9, especially if Vader, Emperor, Luke, Han, Lando, Tattoine, The Huts are in Episode 9. Hard core fans just love this stuff.

But Disney still has a couple aces up their sleeves. Game of Thrones writers/producers D.B. Weiss & David Benhooff are the future of the franchise. They continue to work on their "original content" trilogy in secret, taking years to develop their story. That's a good sign. Take your time & get it right. These are some of the best storytellers in the industry, and if their rumored "Old Republic" trilogy sees the light of day, the franchise has a great chance to win the fans back & make money in droves again. It's not that hard to just give the fans what they want.

Let's not forget about John Favreau's "The Mandalorian" TV series, as well as the announced "Rogue One" prequel series. These smaller scale, low risk TV projects will build the fan excitement back before the GOT writers movies get released. The opening of "Star Wars land" inside Disney theme parks in 2019 is going to help too.

They just need the right person in charge of Lucasfilm.

#2865 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This.
    I think their strategy is pretty clear. Profits are down, toy sales are in the tank, and ticket sales are not meeting expectations. They blew it, they pissed off the fan base & they know it. But they won't admit it. So they hope to try & right their wrongs by creating a fan-service swan song for Episode 9, with the hopes of winning the fans back as the Skywalker saga saga wraps up. What's done is done at this point. Pretty tough to polish a turd.
    After Episode 9 released, it's time to restructure Lucasfilm & fire everyone involved with these poor decisions. Most future projects are already scrapped, especially anything that has to do with Rian Johnson. Time to reassess everything, especially if fans boycott Episode 9.
    I will say this though. It will be pretty tough for a hardcore fan to holdout of Episode 9, especially if Vader, Emperor, Luke, Han, Lando, Tattoine, The Huts are in Episode 9. Hard core fans just love this stuff.
    But Disney still has a couple aces up their sleeves. Game of Thrones writers/producers D.B. Weiss & David Benhooff are the future of the franchise. They continue to work on their "original content" trilogy in secret, taking years to develop their story. That's a good sign. Take your time & get it right. These are some of the best storytellers in the industry, and if their rumored "Old Republic" trilogy sees the light of day, the franchise has a great chance to win the fans back & make money in droves again. It's not that hard to just give the fans what they want.
    Let's not forget about John Favreau's "The Mandalorian" TV series, as well as the announced "Rogue One" prequel series. These smaller scale, low risk TV projects will build the fan excitement back before the GOT writers movies get released. The opening of "Star Wars land" inside Disney theme parks in 2019 is going to help too.
    They just need the right person in charge of Lucasfilm.

It worried me from the beginning learning that there wasn't a complete pre-written story to be told over three movies, that there would be multiple writers and directors in the process. That's where Kathleen Kennedy f****d up. Do TFA and just hand an unfinished story to the next guy and say "your turn!"??? This isn't f*****g MAD LIBS. Lucas was the pointman/anchor on TWO trilogies. Say what you want about Ep 1-3 but the story had an ARC for god's sake. Say what you want about JJ Abrams but something tells me the outline he wrote, the one Rian Johnson threw away had an arc. There should have been one pointman/anchor on these three films. Imagine Peter Jackson handing LOTR off to M Night Shyamalan or some other hack midstream. No thanks.

I don't know, maybe we blame JJ Abrams, Mr "too busy to stick around." He was killing it with the Star Trek reboot, handed if off to Justin Lin who not surprisingly gave us "Trek and the Furious" and threw that franchise into the toilet. I know it's not JJ's fault btw, it's KK's fault period. Good to see that JJ came back to "save" the trilogy. It was an enormous undertaking to put the reboot on his shoulders. I can't imagine the pressure to now try and save it. I wonder how pissed off he is at Rian Johnson...

#2866 5 years ago

I think Disney is going to have a hard time creating more Star Wars movies past Episode 9 as there's 0 established characters outside of the Skywalker trilogy that most people are aware of. Yes there's a ton of EU stuff but that's only known by hardcore fans. With the Marvel movies Disney had a large number of characters, many well known, to base multiple movies off of. With Star Wars that just isn't there and George Lucas is no longer involved to create new characters.

Whatever Star Wars movies Disney does create past Episode 9 I think they need to get out of the "bad guys build super weapon" story line, it's beyond played out at this point. Personally I would be interested in an Old Republic series of movies set hundreds if not thousands of years before the Skywalker movies. Bring in a great team of writers and flush the entire story out from start to finish. Hopefully the GOT creators that have been brought in are doing just this. If Star Wars is going to stay relevant then new compelling characters need to be created...and it can't be stuff like Porgs lol.

On a side note the whole First Order concept destroyed any sense of mystery and wonder as to what happened after Return of the Jedi. 30 years later and there's a new even more evil version of the Empire? LAME! The entire First Order concept should have been scrapped, it was only been used to soft reboot the movies. If the new trilogy would have focused on Luke training a new generation of Jedi and Ben being turned by the Sith (no First Order involved) it would have been much more compelling. Guess it's true what Mark Hamill said afterall "In Hollywood it doesn't matter if the story is good, only if it makes money".

#2867 5 years ago

They've just about cooked off all of their nostalgia credit. They took their eyes off the target demographic and have tried to create a universe out of a very small story. All of the stuff around the Skywalker saga is just that... stuff to support the characters as they go through their journey. Once you try to explain and fill in all the gaps with with minutia ... it really starts to get boring (...the prequels suffer from this). SW does not fit the Marvel mold... Marvel can have a "cinematic universe" because it has been around since the 50s (basically forever). Marvel will always be more successful in this space because of its rich heritage. Star Wars was a pop-culture phenomenon. It was created as as a movie ... and nothing else. All of the other EU stuff was added later and that is for a different audience... not the general movie going population.

Timing is everything with art and film. We are in a time now where everything must be grand and over the top... you have to satisfy everyone or no one at all. Disney being a big company operates this way... and it mucked it all up.

When you have to explain everything in a movie with additional media/books/etc... you've made a bad movie.

#2868 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

They took their eyes off the target demographic and have tried to create a universe out of a very small story.

And they made the universe so gosh darn small with the instant travel and instant suppression by the first order of tens of thousands of planets. You can’t have a universe of material when the entire playground of places is so tiny and so easy to flip flop...it just has no credibility.

#2869 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

And they made the universe so gosh darn small with the instant travel and instant suppression by the first order of tens of thousands of planets. You can’t have a universe of material when the entire playground of places is so tiny and so easy to flip flop...it just has no credibility.

Yup its a mess. Too many cooks... they screwed it up. Lucas drew from Kurosawa's concept of "Immaculate reality" (initially)... this is why everything seemed to 'fit' and we were able to forgive or look over gaps/holes that exist in the story-lines. It literally pulled you in... you cannot have anything take you out of the experience, you have to be lost in it. Once you are taken out of the experience... it shuts you down, the movie becomes ... meh.

#2870 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On a side note the whole First Order concept destroyed any sense of mystery and wonder as to what happened after Return of the Jedi. 30 years later and there's a new even more evil version of the Empire? LAME! The entire First Order concept should have been scrapped, it was only been used to soft reboot the movies. If the new trilogy would have focused on Luke training a new generation of Jedi and Ben being turned by the Sith (no First Order involved) it would have been much more compelling. Guess it's true what Mark Hamill said afterall "In Hollywood it doesn't matter if the story is good, only if it makes money".

Story wise, I'm not sure how much more they could have F$%^$d it up honestly. At least Lucas retained his overall concept and story arc, even if the details and effects killed it.

We all wondered what happened after Jedi, and now, I wish I still was left wondering.

#2871 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Yup its a mess. Too many cooks... they screwed it up. Lucas drew from Kurosawa's concept of "Immaculate reality" (initially)... this is why everything seemed to 'fit' and we were able to forgive or look over gaps/holes that exist in the story-lines. It literally pulled you in... you cannot have anything take you out of the experience, you have to be lost in it. Once you are taken out of the experience... it shuts you down, the movie becomes ... meh.

Nothing in those original movies took you out of his vision. One could say the Ewoks were treading close, but the Vader/Emperor/Luke finale brought balance to it.

I'll never forget seeing the Jabba scene from Jedi or the At Ats walking across the screen in the theater when I was 12 years old. It was magic and I believed it.

#2872 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Nothing in those original movies took you out of his vision. One could say the Ewoks were treading close, but the Vader/Emperor/Luke finale brought balance to it.
    I'll never forget seeing the Jabba scene from Jedi or the At Ats walking across the screen in the theater when I was 12 years old. It was magic and I believed it.

This is it exactly. The new writers are merely "style-izing" a Star Wars movie... they are not actually writing / directing within the world, and being confined by its design. Even Lucas drifted a bit with the prequels... and that was very off-putting for some.

#2873 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

When I first saw the At-Ats I thought Damn that's cool & of course they would have ground machines. That scene was new but wasn't out of the ordinary for the world.

Disney messed up plain and simple. it's over for star wars, damaged irreparably. If the stories were well thought out, Disney could have closed out the skywalker story arc, made us care about Poe, Finn, & Rey, & launched another trilogy with only their characters. I knew Rian Johnson F*&^ed it all up when the opening scene took place immediately after TFA. He took the suspense & awe out of seeing the characters after time had passed.

#2874 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Story wise, I'm not sure how much more they could have F$%^$d it up honestly. At least Lucas retained his overall concept and story arc, even if the details and effects killed it.
    We all wondered what happened after Jedi, and now, I wish I still was left wondering.

Oh they covered what happened after Return of the Jedi with two lines in The Last Jedi lol.

Luke "For many years, there was balance and then I saw... Ben" and "I took him, and a dozen students, and began a training temple"

That's it! Then the First Order somehow rose from the ashes of The Empire even though there's apparently a new Republic and built a super weapon out of a planet all behind everyones back...

bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf2122976517b75fb9725a7a2f (resized).jpgbd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf2122976517b75fb9725a7a2f (resized).jpg

#2875 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh they covered what happened after Return of the Jedi with two lines in The Last Jedi lol.
    Luke "For many years, there was balance and then I saw... Ben" and "I took him, and a dozen students, and began a training temple"
    That's it! Then the First Order somehow rose from the ashes of The Empire even though there's apparently a new Republic and built a super weapon out of a planet all behind everyones back...
    [quoted image]

... and the First Order is inept and comes across as a bunch of screaming idiots. They are effectively a toothless idiot with a brat running around them. It's so bad its laughable.

#2876 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

... and the First Order is inept and comes across as a bunch of screaming idiots. They are effectively a toothless idiot with a brat running around them. It's so bad its laughable

Exactly, how could those idiots at the first orders have accomplished anything...much less subjugate an entire galaxy in 45 minutes? Disney made weak cartoon character mustash twillers into main villains and expected fandom to just go with it...incredibly some actually did and defend KK...

#2877 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Exactly, how could those idiots at the first orders have accomplished anything...much less subjugate an entire galaxy in 45 minutes? Disney made weak cartoon character mustash twillers into main villains and expected fandom to just go with it...incredibly some actually did and defend KK...

The larger issue is that prior to Lucasfilm being purchased by Disney, the company CEO happened to be the same guy that created the Star Wars franchise. Everything lived and died by him. Whether you always agreed with his choices or not, he was the one who had the final say... and kept things from going off the rails (mostly). Lucas has always been a creative person and he understood how to make these movies...and first and foremost he is a visual story teller. Heck he would have made silent movies if he could have made money with them. KK is none of these. She is not a story teller, she is a producer, a business woman. She is in fact one of the best in the industry. She serves the movie making team in order to get their product done on time and within budget. She is really a project manager, so story telling... is left up to her team. George was able to do both (especially true with the OT)... that's what made it work really well. With 7-8 and the others, each time KK recruits a new team... you get a big ball of unchained ideas (some of them great) that to a non-story teller sounds fantastic on paper. George would have easily been able to parse it and say yay or nay, fit or no fit... I'd like to think his filter would have been a bit tighter (no proof of course). I got no beef with KK, she just wasn't the right person for overseeing the job of continuing the Skywalker saga... running the business, serving the story tellers... fine. Remember, George was initially left on... but they had so much Prequel fear that Disney basically pushed him aside, they in fact created the problem. They needed another person to take his place and didn't do that, they were in a hurry to make these movies for the $$$.

#2878 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

... and the First Order is inept and comes across as a bunch of screaming idiots. They are effectively a toothless idiot with a brat running around them. It's so bad its laughable.

This brings up another great point. The Empire in the original films were bad asses, and they acted like it. Professional, competent, disciplined...I think of Peter Cushing's portrayal....just professional and dare I say it...class?

My guess is that the original filmmakers and actors knew how people in military power acted, they were not that far removed from the WW2 era, were this new batch of filmmakers only have Google and "how to" memes on You Tube, along with their Twitter followers.

The human race is doomed.

#2879 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

I got no beef with KK, she just wasn't the right person for overseeing the job of continuing the Skywalker saga... running the business, serving the story tellers... fine.

I do, she let her political beliefs mold the story, and she has no idea what the concept was...which I find hard to believe giving her past history. Although, was it more of the people she was working with like Spielberg? Is she just an empty suit? Either that, or she is incompetent.

#2880 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

This brings up another great point. The Empire in the original films were bad asses, and they acted like it. Professional, competent, disciplined...I think of Peter Cushing's portrayal....just professional and dare I say it...class?
    My guess is that the original filmmakers and actors knew how people in military power acted, they were not that far removed from the WW2 era, were this new batch of filmmakers only have Google and "how to" memes on You Tube, along with their Twitter followers.
    The human race is doomed.

The Skywalker saga has suffered from a lack of strong "believable" villains on many occasions. Lucas nailed it with the OT having the Empire be a machine, a military. It was relate-able. Also remember that the OT was born out of the 70s decade... that makes a huge difference on the archetypes and movie elements. The US was "healing" from Vietnam (a massive war machine effort), the country was a mess. The decade prior was no better. Elements of this were subtly infused in the OT story telling. I think also Lucas didn't have the luxury of exposition for the sake of it... he had to make everything count. Movie making was much more difficult. This was another thing that made the movies feel more intimate and "real".

#2881 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I do, she let her political beliefs mold the story, and she has no idea what the concept was...which I find hard to believe giving her past history. Although, was it more of the people she was working with like Spielberg? Is she just an empty suit? Either that, or she is incompetent.

I understand this argument... and there is some real truth to it, mainly for the same reasons I've stated. She isn't a story teller... so everything is fair game and it shouldn't be. Its also an unfortunate sign of the times. Hollywood especially has lost its ability to just tell a simple fun story... you have to include everyone! ...especially when you are talking the $$$$ that the franchise is worth!

2 weeks later
    #2882 5 years ago

Any news worth chatting about?

#2883 5 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Any news worth chatting about?

Disney wont release the title until they are done with filming, speculations that 1. they are trying to pull a Marvel move like they did with Avengers: End Game, or 2. They aren't happy with the way IX is going and are scrambling.

#2884 5 years ago

Episode IX: Part One

#2885 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Disney wont release the title until they are done with filming, speculations that 1. they are trying to pull a Marvel move like they did with Avengers: End Game, or 2. They aren't happy with the way IX is going and are scrambling.

Has nothing to do with any of that. They're just waiting for the big title/trailer reveal at Celebration in less than 60 days. Gift to the hardcore fans. Then the hype train will start rolling. Mandalorian trailer, etc etc.

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/

#2886 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Has nothing to do with any of that. They're just waiting for the big title/trailer reveal

Isnt that exactly what Marvel did though, not release the title until the trailer? This would be the first Star Wars movie they ever did that with. Not that I care or anything matters, the new movie will sadly still probably suck. Its just interesting that they aren't releasing the name.

#2887 5 years ago

Just keeping a low profile to build as much suspense as possible.

#2888 5 years ago

Heard a rumor it might suck!

#2889 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Isnt that exactly what Marvel did though, not release the title until the trailer? This would be the first Star Wars movie they ever did that with. Not that I care or anything matters, the new movie will sadly still probably suck. Its just interesting that they aren't releasing the name.

It’s probably a good idea at this point - with all the bad vibes from the (pretty lamely named) TLJ, any name now will get eviscerated. They probably want footage to go along with it and
    Lessen the sting of Star Wars: The Alliance Rises, or whatever it is

#2890 5 years ago

Reading rumors that Lando wont even be in the film that much. Seriously Disney at this point just make Episode 9 about killing off all remaining original trilogy characters. Have a swarm of Porgs take Chewi out. Rey and Kylo can team up to destroy R2D2 and C3P0. Finally have Lando come in the final minutes of the movie to rescue his old pal Nien Nunb and say "lets get the hell of out here baby" as they board the Falcon only to get blown up minutes later!

Just like Kylo said in Episode 8...forget the past, kill it if you have to. Do it Disney!!! Lol

#2891 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reading rumors that Lando wont even be in the film that much. Seriously Disney at this point just make Episode 9 about killing off all remaining original trilogy characters. Have a swarm of Porgs take Chewi out. Rey and Kylo can team up to destroy R2D2 and C3P0. Finally have Lando come in the final minutes of the movie to rescue his old pal Nien Nunb and say "lets get the hell of out here baby" as they board the Falcon only to get blown up minutes later!
    Just like Kylo said in Episode 8...forget the past, kill it if you have to. Do it Disney!!! Lol

Ha, sounds like a fitting end to this franchise imploding tragedy.

#2892 5 years ago

Ep IX: The Return of Qui-Gon Jinn

Re-shoots commencing this week

#2893 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Man, they might as well. Even as much as I dislike the Prequels, they didn’t make me HATE SW. I really enjoyed TFA too, but TLJ made me hate SW. amazing job they did, in only 1 movie!

#2894 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Ep IX: The Return of Qui-Gon Jinn
    Re-shoots commencing this week

That's not as unlikely as you might think. In fact I'd be shocked if they don't put Liam Neeson or Ewan McGregor in a top secret force ghost cameo scene for Episode 9. Fan service to the extreme for this one.

The title should actually be Episode 9: The Kitchen Sink, because they have absolutely nothing to lose at this point.

#2895 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's not as unlikely as you might think. In fact I'd be shocked if they don't put Liam Neeson or Ewan McGregor in a top secret force ghost cameo scene for Episode 9. Fan service to the extreme for this one.
    The title should actually be Episode 9: The Kitchen Sink, because they have absolutely nothing to lose at this point.

Ewan McGregor has been confirmed for a voice role just like with the Force Awakens, also doing face scans of him to mix with Alec Guiness's face so itll probably be in another force flashback sequence

#2896 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Episode IX: Part One

Lol! I was thinking the exact same thing .

Ep VIII was a colossal mess. I don't *hate* it per say, but you can't go burning every single thing down in the middle chapter of a trilogy. They have, at *most*, 2.5 hours to wrap up so many subplots (+ explain how the rebels came back after Ep VIII). That's not enough time!

While I hate being a Captain Hindsight, Ep VII needed to be a mix of the existing Eps VII and VIII. Moreover, they didn't need to introduce more characters just for the sake of having them (the whole side plot with Finn, Rose, and that Codebreaker was a complete waste of time; Admiral Ackbar should have been what Holdo was ... there was NO need for that Holdo character ... none; Rey needed more development so that they whole Mary Sue label could start to be removed).

The only way they can save face at this point is announce an Episode X that ties the trilogies together and have IX lead up to that story ... Ep VIII made a total mess of things for no real good reason hence the need for a mop up job. I blame the director personally ... that dude is intolerable to begin with.

I'm almost done with Star Wars myself ... damn shame seeing that I loved the OT growing up. While I didn't dislike Solo, that was the first Star Wars sequel/prequel I did NOT see in the theater (I saw all of the others on opening night). I don't think Solo would have done as bad as it did if Ep VIII wasn't such a turd.

#2897 5 years ago

This just popped up in my news feed....

Rian Johnson Leaves Planned Star Wars Trilogy

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2019/02/14/rian-johnson-leaves-planned-star-wars-trilogy/

#2898 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2019/02/14/rian-johnson-leaves-planned-star-wars-trilogy/

"leaves"

#2899 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well thank god for that. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Actual footage of Disney execs’ final meeting with Rian Johnson:

07172683-B648-4490-84A3-F5684237123D (resized).jpeg07172683-B648-4490-84A3-F5684237123D (resized).jpeg
    #2900 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well thank god for that. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.
    Actual footage of Disney execs’ final meeting with Rian Johnson:[quoted image]

Now reading that the rumors are false and he is doing a new trilogy....

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.