*SPOILERS* Star Wars: TLJ is really bad and other Star Wars/Disney/Marvel talk *

(Topic ID: 205155)

*SPOILERS* Star Wars: TLJ is really bad and other Star Wars/Disney/Marvel talk *

By InfiniteLives

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,876 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 165 votes
      30%
    • decent, better than the prequels 215 votes
      39%
    • really good, on par with the originals 71 votes
      13%
    • great! one of the best 67 votes
      12%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 37 votes
      7%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf2122976517b75fb9725a7a2f (resized).jpg
    95C513DA-C242-4626-B550-D41AFB0097DD.gif
    Screenshot_20181230-090709_Key_Collector (resized).jpg
    A0B4EC5B-1316-422C-8E52-8DE0BDAE88DC (resized).jpeg
    4128CF3F-A316-4B58-98DE-B6109F00AAC7 (resized).jpeg
    1776963E-00E4-488A-B63B-A7BBE39545A8 (resized).jpeg
    E3C5544A-E8F2-4D37-95A3-811D59957B1B (resized).jpeg
    manvers (resized).jpg
    MAR-VELL (resized).jpg
    Ms-Marvel-Carol-Danvers-Marvel-Comics-Warbird-a (resized).jpg
    B60DAC25-4A3F-4969-A8EA-16EFED56445F (resized).jpeg
    shark (resized).jpg
    nerds (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).jpg
    20181125_140450 (resized).jpg
    p35273_v_v8_ac (resized).jpg

There are 2876 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 58.
    #2651 76 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

That’s my point. I prefer the first but the sequel reboot was very good/great. I might not call it a masterpiece but it didn’t disappoint.

2049 looked fantastic, the first was a better story though IMHO. They did a fairly good job of capturing the feeling of the world in the details, music and even camera angles.

Sequels always have a tough hill to climb.

The originals have been shaken out over time from the hundreds made that year, only a few will stand out. Even then the original had its weak areas, Sean Young and Ford had zero chemistry onscreen. And how do you replace Rutger Hauer? What a masterful performance.

#2652 76 days ago

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/star-wars-diego-luna-1203023798/

More Cassian Andor? More K2-SO? More Mon Mothma & Admiral Raddus? More classic Empire? More Rebel spy adventures? Count me in.

I think these limited TV series for the steaming service is a good plan, and a Rogue One prequel series is a good backstory to explore. The Episode 3 to Rogue One time period is ripe with material. Possible Vader & Grand Mof Tarkin appearances. Possibly even running into the characters from Solo or live-action debut of Rebels cartoon characters. Great idea. So is the The Mandalorian TV show.

A limited series (say 10 episodes) just makes this into a long 10 hour movie. Really get into the backstory of these Rogue One characters that the film didn't have time to do. Don't need the actors locked in for long periods of time either on a limited series, so it's easier to shoot & get actors for a single episode. Plus they need more Star Wars material for that streaming service, so the more the better. Curious how this show develops.

#2653 76 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

“Hot take: Luke is in fact 100% consistent with his character (not the way he’s described in marketing blurbs, but his actual, based-on-his-words-and-actions character) from the [Original Trilogy]. I’ll be at the bar if you need me.”

Idiot.

I have always agreed with Rian here. Hate all you want, but I still don't understand the arguments for inconsistency.

#2654 76 days ago
    Quoted from imharrow:

I have always agreed with Rian here. Hate all you want, but I still don't understand the arguments for inconsistency.

Luke was on a classic hero's journey, at the end of ROTJ he literately put it all on the line and was willing to selflessly sacrifice himself to save his father (or at least not strike him down) and his friends.

Johnson decided to throw that all away, he even admitted he didn't understand the context in an interview.

How can a man *who publicly admitted he didn't understand the context of what was going on* extrapolate Skywalkers future actions?

You can't. I stand by my assessment. And no one cared to explain it to him till after Last Jedi shipped.. which is astounding in itself. One would have thought there would have long writers meetings going over every facet of the storyline and of the characters motivations.

#2655 76 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Luke was on a classic hero's journey, at the end of ROTJ he literately put it all on the line and was willing to selflessly sacrifice himself to save his father (or at least not strike him down) and his friends.

We just choose to interpret the character and events differently. Here is how I see it as an adult. Luke is a character about struggle between light and dark. We know both sides are in him. The cave showed us that Luke himself is his greatest enemy. Throughout ROTJ we see the Luke embracing aspects of the dark. In the end, he passes the test, but just as in the end there was still good in Vader, there will always be dark in Luke. With the defeat of Vader and Palpatine, the dark is vanquished, except for the dark that still lives in Luke, and balance must be maintained between the dark and the light, so the dark in him will grow. That struggle will only get worse within Luke.

He is alone. He has no equal. He will struggle to integrate back into society.

I like to view the events with a more realistic human view of it. There is no one event which tests you and then all is good. Life continues. Struggle continues. He still needs to deal with the Skywalker legacy and the 2 sides that struggle within him.

But we can have different views here.

#2656 76 days ago
    Quoted from imharrow:

We just choose to interpret the character and events differently. Here is how I see it as an adult. Luke is a character about struggle between light and dark. We know both sides are in him. The cave showed us that Luke himself is his greatest enemy. Throughout ROTJ we see the Luke embracing aspects of the dark. In the end, he passes the test, but just as in the end there was still good in Vader, there will always be dark in Luke. With the defeat of Vader and Palpatine, the dark is vanquished, except for the dark that still lives in Luke, and balance must be maintained between the dark and the light, so the dark in him will grow. That struggle will only get worse within Luke.
    He is alone. He has no equal. He will struggle to integrate back into society.
    I like to view the events with a more realistic human view of it. There is no one event which tests you and then all is good. Life continues. Struggle continues. He still needs to deal with the Skywalker legacy and the 2 sides that struggle within him.
    But we can have different views here.

mary popins i mean leia has the force and can float thru space but she isnt a recluse //shrug

#2657 76 days ago

Luke rotj: willing to die to save his father from the dark side

Luke tlj: maybe senses a little dark side in his nephew, ready to cut him the fuck in half while he sleeps

Consistent.

#2658 76 days ago

We can have different views, but even Hamill has said Luke was botched.

"“I said to Rian, ‘Jedis don’t give up.’ I mean, even if [Luke] had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake, he would try and right that wrong, so right there, we had a fundamental difference.

But it’s not my story anymore, it’s somebody else’s story and Rian needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective. That’s the crux of my problem. Luke would never say that. I’m sorry.”

“Well, in this version…see, I’m talking about the George Lucas Star Wars, this is the next generation of Star Wars. I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he’s ‘Jake Skywalker,’ he’s not my Luke Skywalker. But I had to do what Rian wanted me to do because it serves the story well. Listen, I still haven’t accepted it completely, but, it’s only a movie. I hope people like it. I hope they don’t get upset. I came to really believe that Rian was the exact man they needed for this job.”

In other words, this is a shitty take on my character, but I have to toe the company line.

#2659 76 days ago

You're all correct, RJ didn't get the legend the saga, where Luke came from where he needed to end up. He treated this movie as just another movie, a movie he thought he could give his own treatment to, this is where he failed. I'm also going to guess he was trying hard to please the lady bosses at Lucas Film and at the same time market this fucking movie to every demographic/segment on the planet.

#2660 76 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

... and at the same time market this fucking movie to every demographic/segment on the planet.

*Except star wars fans

#2661 76 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

Uh, no. Bladerunner 2049 was a freaking masterpiece of cinema. I liked that one far better than the first.

I thought it was a piece of shit.

#2662 76 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I'm also going to guess he was trying hard to please the lady bosses at Lucas Film and at the same time market this fucking movie to every demographic/segment on the planet.

Ask yourself; is there any males in The Last Jedi who are shown in a positive light?

Hux = Space Nazi
    Finn = Coward, comic relief
    DJ = Sleazy, betrayer
    Poe = Hot head, disobeys orders, mutineer, gets bomber crews killed
    Snoke = Evil
    Kylo = Emotional man child having temper tantrums
    Admiral Ackbar = blown out a window
    Luke = hermit loser

I see consistency. The fact Disney has actually used the term "major course correction" for the Star Wars movie that is being shot by JJ and dumped all the movie projects that were slated to go should tell you something. TLJ came out, Solo cratered due to it and the Boba Fett and Ben Kenobi movies were shelved.

Solo is the first Star Wars movie that LOST money and it is a perfectly innocuous popcorn flick. Not a great movie but by no means should they have lost money. TLJ poisoned the well and the JJ movie better be pretty damn spectacular to win fans back.

archerfilmfestival-web-img_4330_-_h_2017 (resized).jpg
    #2663 75 days ago

Well they are trying this whole "I am woman hear me roar" crap and its failing, won't be long till its reverts back to what makes money and great films. GB's all female cast? crap. Oceans 12?, crap. Star Trek new series mostly broads? crap. and now StarWars.

#2664 75 days ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Luke rotj: willing to die to save his father from the dark side
    Luke tlj: maybe senses a little dark side in his nephew, ready to cut him the fuck in half while he sleeps
    Consistent.

Agreed - this is the biggest inconsistency of them all. I can potentially see Luke going hermit - I mean, ALL the other Jedi Masters, once great heroic warriors, ended up doing the exact same thing. Why not him? I don't see that as inconsistent at all.

But sensing darkness in his nephew and getting an urge to kill him in his sleep? That makes no sense whatsoever and is way off-character considering the events of the original. In a way they ruined Kylo as well with this as well as it doesn't make him seem as evil / dark anymore. Turn the tables - imagine if Yoda, who sensed darkness in Luke as well, almost killed Luke in his sleep? That would've been a really different dynamic.

#2665 75 days ago

Well for starters Yoda wouldn’t have failed ...

#2666 75 days ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Agreed - this is the biggest inconsistency of them all. I can potentially see Luke going hermit - I mean, ALL the other Jedi Masters, once great heroic warriors, ended up doing the exact same thing. Why not him? I don't see that as inconsistent at all.

Oh?

Yoda = Hiding from Empire who were slaughtering all the Jedi
    Kenobi = Watching over Skywalker as he grew up

Context matters.

If Luke wanted to "go hermit and die" why did he leave a map to find him? Johnson is on record discarding everything JJ had done in TFA.

Someone mention that Hamill even told Johnson that Skywalker was acting out of character, Jedi don't give up. His advice was ignored.

#2667 75 days ago

What's sad, and kinda great at the same time, is Disney screwed up so bad with The Last Jedi that no one really seems to care about new Star Wars movies at the moment. Hell, the prequel trilogy now seems more enjoyable to me since Episode 8 was released, lol.

#2668 75 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hell, the prequel trilogy now seems more enjoyable to me since Episode 8 was released, lol.

Wow, talk about an unforeseeable silver lining.

#2669 75 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hell, the prequel trilogy now seems more enjoyable to me since Episode 8 was released, lol.

I actually tried to watch the first one a few weeks ago, made it a half hour before turning it back off.

#2670 75 days ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Except the takeaway from the six Lucas movies, the whole point to the arc, was that Luke succeeded where the others failed, and Anakin was redeemed, the Emperor vanquished. That's the story.

The new movies take the entire point of those films, wad it up, set it on fire, and then piss all over the fire. They've rendered the old movies absolutely meaningless.

#2671 75 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I actually tried to watch the first one a few weeks ago, made it a half hour before turning it back off.

That must of been right around when Jar Jar says "Messa back", don't blame ya, lol.

#2672 75 days ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

Except the takeaway from the six Lucas movies, the whole point to the arc, was that Luke succeeded where the others failed, and Anakin was redeemed, the Emperor vanquished. That's the story.
    The new movies take the entire point of those films, wad it up, set it on fire, and then piss all over the fire. They've rendered the old movies absolutely meaningless.

YES! Spot on. Disney tries to act as if the new trilogy are sequels but really they are reboots disguised as sequels. The original characters have been sprinkled in here and there to bring in the older fans but then are just killed off.

I honestly hope at this point that Episode 9 is about Chewie, R2 and 3P0 trying to escape the resistance to stay alive. Maybe 3P0 will tell Chewie and R2 "our odds of survival if staying with the resistance are 3 million to one", lol. Then the rest of the movie is just the resistance and porgs trying to hunt them down.

#2673 75 days ago

Well realistically though, that is how history works. They got that part right. Nothing you do 'here' matters down the road because there's always some other ***hole waiting in the shadows to screw things up and push things backwards.

1 week later
    #2674 62 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That must of been right around when Jar Jar says "Messa back", don't blame ya, lol.

Funny. When I watched episode one in the theaters I freakin hated Jar Jar. When I watched part of episode one a few years ago I couldn’t stop laughing at Jar Jar. It was so bad it was funny, like Mystery Theater 3000.

#2675 61 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The first 2 sucked but the third one was amazing. For me my 2nd favorite in the entire series after Empire. I haven't seen Rogue 1, Solo or TLJ but Fawakens just did nothing for me and kinda made lose interest in seeing any of the others. Revenge of the Sith needs its own pin, fight scenes alone make it a worth while game. Epic.

p35273_v_v8_ac (resized).jpg
    #2676 60 days ago

Nahhhh...

" Sith " was "ok" a best......

Still a pile of shit movie.

EP 1 , 2 & 3 are 100% UNWATCHABLE...

#2677 60 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's sad, and kinda great at the same time, is Disney screwed up so bad with The Last Jedi that no one really seems to care about new Star Wars movies at the moment. Hell, the prequel trilogy now seems more enjoyable to me since Episode 8 was released, lol.

They lost all momentum. I and everyone I know don't care one bit about star wars. It's dead. RIP. In comparison I'm reading ever bullshit fan theory about avengers 4. I did the same thing for the last Jedi. That movie is a turd. Rian Johnson is dead to me.

Episode one brought us pod racing and Darth maul. Both equally awesome. Remember being angry with Jar Jar, leads to hate, and we all know where that ends up...

#2678 60 days ago
    Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

They lost all momentum. I and everyone I know don't care one bit about star wars. It's dead. RIP. In comparison I'm reading ever bullshit fan theory about avengers 4. I did the same thing for the last Jedi. That movie is a turd. Rian Johnson is dead to me.
    Episode one brought us pod racing and Darth maul. Both equally awesome. Remember being angry with Jar Jar, leads to hate, and we all know where that ends up...

Episode 1 Podracer on N64 was a really fun game so at least we got that

#2679 60 days ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Nahhhh...

I think what episode 1, 2 and 3 did for the Star Wars franchise was expand the lore. It introduced non-book readers to the Jedi Order, their organisation, their beliefs, their philosophy.

More importantly for me, the prequels gave us some truly awesome light saber duels. The skills, choreography and use of the force during combat were a stand out in the prequel trilogy. I miss that the most.

#2680 60 days ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

The first 2 sucked but the third one was amazing. For me my 2nd favorite in the entire series after Empire. I haven't seen Rogue 1, Solo or TLJ but Fawakens just did nothing for me and kinda made lose interest in seeing any of the others. Revenge of the Sith needs its own pin, fight scenes alone make it a worth while game. Epic.
    [quoted image]

Dude, put down the crack pipe. Episode 3 totally blew.

#2681 59 days ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Nahhhh...

Downvote him all you want, but he's right. Horrible acting, story, dialogue, directing. But they have pretty lightsaber fights, so, they must be awesome.

#2682 59 days ago

Out of the 3 prequels, I always thought the first one was halfway decent. Don't get me wrong, I remember leaving the theater like "what the hell just happened here", but the first 20 minutes of it are really good, and the Darth Maul scenes are very good.

2 and 3 are both unwatchable.

#2683 59 days ago
    Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

Episode one brought us pod racing and Darth maul. Both equally awesome.

The pod race was good but the kid Jake Loyd.. ugh.

Thinking back on the prequels the only good things I can recall was Darth Maul who was so criminally underutilized and Ewan McGregor who did a fine job as the younger Ben Kenobi. He was cast perfectly for that role.

Secondary nods go to Samual L Jackson and Ian McDiarmid for their scenery chewing roles. The saber fights were cool but Yoda's with Count Dooku was borderline ridiculous.

#2684 59 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Thinking back on the prequels the only good things I can recall was Darth Maul who was so criminally underutilized and Ewan McGregor who did a fine job as the younger Ben Kenobi. He was cast perfectly for that role

Imo that's where the prequels went wrong. They should have brought Maul back in episode two with his robot legs. Ep2 could have been about Kenobi trying to stop maul and avenge his teacher all the while neglecting Anakin and not seeing his love for padame.

In ep3 Maul could have attacked the Jedi council and been killed by Anakin.

Sure general grevious was cool but don't get me started on count Duku. Maul would have worked in all three episodes

#2685 59 days ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

[quoted image]

god no. 3rd one was horrible in sooo many ways. EP 1 was bad, but they got worse as the series went on. Horrible horrible pieces of shiat.

#2686 59 days ago

Lego sets aside, this is our Walmart's entire Star Wars section, with Christmas a month away. Let that sink in.

20181125_140450 (resized).jpg
    #2687 59 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Dude, put down the crack pipe. Episode 3 totally blew.

First of all in small doses of crack can be quite fatanstic, secondly Episode 3 was sheer greatness especially if you have a soft spot for the darkside and ur favorite character is the Emperor. Best battles in the entire series by far and Yoda vs The Emperor was epic now I want u to get some crack and smoke it, rewatch episode 3 then have a specialist come by ur home and attempt to remove ur head from ur asshole. Thank You

s-l300 (resized).jpg
    #2688 59 days ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

god no. 3rd one was horrible in sooo many ways. EP 1 was bad, but they got worse as the series went on. Horrible horrible pieces of shiat.

Well ur statement that they got worse just proves u have no idea what ur talking about at all, I will prescribe the same remedy to you sir, crack-head in ass- attempt removal-fail. Good luck

#2689 59 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The saber fights were cool but Yoda's with Count Dooku was borderline ridiculous.

No, it wasn't borderline - it was f$%^ing ridiculous.

It was at that point I realized Star Wars was dead forever. Even the Marvel comics from post 77 have more soul in them.

#2690 58 days ago

Episode 3 is without question the most watchable of the prequels. While it certainly has it's many flaws, it also has some pretty memorable moments.

That long opening intro shot that follows the Jedi Starfighters into the Battle of Coruscant is one of the best cinematography moments of the series. Ewan McGregor's performance as young Obiwan was the highlight of the prequels. There's well choreographed lightsaber fights. It introduced famous locations like Mustafar & Kashyyyk. It explained the transformation of the Emperor & the betrayal of the Jedi via Order 66. The dramatic last moments between Anakin & ObiWan. John Williams last good Star Wars score. There's some good stuff in there.

Of course there's the usual bad dialog, wooden acting & lousy romantic scenes. The General Grievous character being a huge letdown. Flying R2D2 which he hasn't done before or since. There's really poor use of green screen, when Grievous is madly swinging 4 lightsabers an inch in front of Obiwan's face & he doesn't even flinch. Jedi fighting on a river of lava. Then the over-the-top-stupid Yoda/Emperor fight, and of course the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scream.

That said, its the best of the prequels. But behind the originals & Rogue One. I'd basically put it on par with Solo, and neither deserve their own pin for the record. haha That's my take. Just saying "it sucks" is not a great argument for this thread.

#2691 58 days ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well ur statement that they got worse just proves u have no idea what ur talking about at all, I will prescribe the same remedy to you sir, crack-head in ass- attempt removal-fail. Good luck

One sentence from the movie is laughably awful.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

give me a fawking break. Padme dies with all that technology around from what? A broken heart? give me a fawking break. Fight scene that lasted forever and everyone wished it would end. No character chemistry or development. It's a straight up dogshit movie through and through with NO redeeming qualities. If you want to witness good movies, and how to write them, with character development, chemistry, dialogue that doesn't make you cringe. Look at the marvel franchise.

#2692 58 days ago

To save myself some time, just watch this. Pretty much sums up everything wrong with the movie step by step. You cannot deny anything said in this review, and pretty much says everything all of us have been saying since we had to watch that pile of shit.

http://redlettermedia.com/mr-plinketts-star-wars-episode-iii-review/

#2693 58 days ago

Fwiw no matter how bad the prequels are, I've seen them more than once and don't think I will ever see the last Jedi ever again in my life.

#2694 57 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Episode 3 is without question the most watchable of the prequels. While it certainly has it's many flaws, it also has some pretty memorable moments.
    That long opening intro shot that follows the Jedi Starfighters into the Battle of Coruscant is one of the best cinematography moments of the series. Ewan McGregor's performance as young Obiwan was the highlight of the prequels. There's well choreographed lightsaber fights. It introduced famous locations like Mustafar & Kashyyyk. It explained the transformation of the Emperor & the betrayal of the Jedi via Order 66. The dramatic last moments between Anakin & ObiWan. John Williams last good Star Wars score. There's some good stuff in there.
    Of course there's the usual bad dialog, wooden acting & lousy romantic scenes. The General Grievous character being a huge letdown. Flying R2D2 which he hasn't done before or since. There's really poor use of green screen, when Grievous is madly swinging 4 lightsabers an inch in front of Obiwan's face & he doesn't even flinch. Jedi fighting on a river of lava. Then the over-the-top-stupid Yoda/Emperor fight, and of course the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scream.
    That said, its the best of the prequels. But behind the originals & Rogue One. I'd basically put it on par with Solo, and neither deserve their own pin for the record. haha That's my take. Just saying "it sucks" is not a great argument for this thread.

No dude, ...it's horrible. Nothing good about it.

I forgot about R2 flying...what a great idea.

#2695 57 days ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The General Grievous character being a huge letdown. Flying R2D2 which he hasn't done before or since.

You should give the Clone Wars a shot. Fantastic show that really built off the prequels well. General Grievouses potential was unlocked and R2D2 flew around a good deal. Clone Wars are cannon also per Disney.

#2696 57 days ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Padme dies with all that technology around from what? A broken heart? give me a fawking break.

Later,
    EV

#2697 57 days ago

1000x's better than anything the prequels had to offer.

#2698 57 days ago

Revenge of the Sith is tied with Return of the Jedi as my favorite SW movies. I just really like cool lightsaber battles. *shrug* I put the movies in tiers like Smash Brothers.

Top tier - RotJ, RotS
    High Tier - ANH, TESB, TFA
    Middle tier - RO, Solo, AotC
    Low tier - TPM
    Shit tier - TLJ

I consider everything Middle and up to be "good" movies that I have/will rewatch multiple times. Maybe I'm not too picky?

TLJ isn't the worst movie I've ever seen (that honor goes to Bruno) but it is the movie I hate more than any other I've ever seen because of what it did to Star Wars canon.

#2699 57 days ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Revenge of the Sith is tied with Return of the Jedi as my favorite SW movies. I just really like cool lightsaber battles. *shrug* I put the movies in tiers like Smash Brothers.
    Top tier - RotJ, RotS
    High Tier - ANH, TESB, TFA
    Middle tier - RO, Solo, AotC
    Low tier - TPM
    Shit tier - TLJ
    I consider everything Middle and up to be "good" movies that I have/will rewatch multiple times. Maybe I'm not too picky?
    TLJ isn't the worst movie I've ever seen (that honor goes to Bruno) but it is the movie I hate more than any other I've ever seen because of what it did to Star Wars canon.

You left out the Holiday Special. Not to mention The Ewok Adventure.

#2700 57 days ago

I'll just say it, I really enjoy Episode 3. It's one of my favorite Star Wars movies of all time. I was in high school when the movie was released and went with 10 friends at midnight to a sold out opening night show, we had a blast. I remember the loud cheer and claps from the crowd when Yoda got up after being hit with force lightning from the Emperor and then force pushing him across the room. Watching it now makes me think back on that night and how half of us went out 6 months later to Media Play at midnight for the release of the DVD.

Attack of the Clones while not as good is another Star Wars prequel I enjoyed. I remember being at the theater and can still hear the audience going nuts the moment Yoda ignited his lightsaber for the Dooku fight.

Going back even further to Episode 1 I remember my cousin wanting to watch it multiple times when I would babysit him. He's an adult now and we still talk about how many times we watched that movie.

Yup, the prequel trilogy is good in my book and provided a lot of great memories The prequels made Star Wars feel like this huge universe, showed the full power of the Jedi and then how the distrust in one Jedi ruined it all. The new trilogy on the other hand makes everything feel rather small and meaningless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 75.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 63.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 319.00
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 5.00
    $ 299.00
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    There are 2876 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 58.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside