Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,234 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,234 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 125.
    #2601 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Or they could ask Leia Poppins to float down to this part of the base and wave her hand and have happy children, while singing Just a Spoonful of Sugar, lift and float the rocks away while cheerful cartoon penguins perform many an antic jig. The wind picks up, the chimneysweeps wave goodbye, and she uses her new found supergirl powers to ascend into heaven and assume geostationary orbit above the planet. She has the ghost of Yoda tucked under one arm like a football, and he blasts the Imperial battleships out of the sky in a trice with lightning bolts.

Every time time I read this section I literately break out in peals of laughter as I imagine the scene in my minds eye.

Carrie Fisher blasting Star Destroyers with Yoda tucked one arm.. HAHAHAHAHHA!

#2602 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I don't understand this, is there no one else that would take the job?

Apparently...I doubt it though. Disney is probably too flushed with cash and Iger is too busy running a behemoth company, so he's not exactly on the forums. Like most CEOs he trusts his advisors. so as far as he knows, the fans have SW fatigue due to too many movies and not the treatment of the characters or legend of SW. He probably did not like all the hiring and firing not to mention the reshoots. I don't think they were serious about firing her, most likely the story he got was that KK is too involved and demanding in the storyline and direction, she hires (and fires) too many unproven directors and that she needs to let the creative people do their job and just try to do a traditional producer's job, which is keep everything moving and on budget. That's why JJ Asbrams is in total control of Ep 9.
    Btw, all of this my opinion....just trying to piece together all the info floating out there.

#2604 5 years ago

Haha! Now they are going to tell us we are all just Russian bots!

Gosh, I find it so funny they keep trotting out the rotten tomato rating like it was the real thing and wasn’t subject to manipulation. These people just can’t admit they made a movie that harmed the franchise.

#2605 5 years ago

Didn't see that coming. I agree, it's more damage control by Disney.

#2606 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Didn't see that coming. I agree, it's more damage control by Disney.

Solo took a punch in the gut due to TLJ, it was an ok popcorn flick even though the lead is no Harrison Ford.

I suppose the Russians really worked overtime to suppress the movies goers in China eh?

Just insanity.

Bagdad Bob at the helm of Disney waving his hands screaming there is no iceberg!

#2607 5 years ago

This story is making the rounds everywhere, the actual paper only analyzes accounts that directly commented to Rian Johnson. No one actually reads it though they just spread the inaccurate headline.

#2608 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

This story is making the rounds everywhere, the actual paper only analyzes accounts that directly commented to Rian Johnson. No one actually reads it though they just spread the inaccurate headline.

I'm assuming Twitter? Which I'm not on.

#2609 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm assuming Twitter? Which I'm not on.

Yes it was about Rian Johnson Twitter account.

Headline: "Last Jedi haters are alt-right trolls and russian bots"
    Actual Data: "Twitter users who directly messaged Rian Johnson to troll Last Jedi are mostly alt-right and russian bots."

#2610 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Yes it was about Rian Johnson Twitter account.
    Headline: "Last Jedi haters are alt-right trolls and russian bots"
    Actual Data: "Twitter users who directly messaged Rian Johnson to troll Last Jedi are mostly alt-right and russian bots."

Question- How does that effect the The Last Jedi success or failure?

#2611 5 years ago

im not a russian bot and i gave it a shit review. I also told all my friends how shit of a movie it was.

thats the real reason, huge fans saw it right away and saw how bad it was and told people how bad it was and less hardcore fans skipped it while the hardcore fans didnt see it more than the first time, and it was so bad a lot of people didn't see Solo just to tell Disney to f off regardless of the movies merits.

#2612 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Question- How does that effect the The Last Jedi success or failure?

It can't imagine how tweeting the director has any impact whatsoever on a ticket sales.

#2613 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It can't imagine how tweeting the director has any impact whatsoever on a ticket sales.

You’re showing your age. Winning the internet > winning at the box office.

#2615 5 years ago

They already nuked the franchise, its dead Jim.

Disney (Igor) is unwilling to accept or state it yet.

Three stinkers in a row just might be enough to get the shareholders off their asses.

Hardcore fans are not going to forgive the steaming dump Johnson and KK took on Skywalker.

#2616 5 years ago

The really amazing thing to me is I have not looked at a single Star Wars rumor or fan theory in 2018. I was watching and reading many of these before this year.

#2617 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The really amazing thing to me is I have not looked at a single Star Wars rumor or fan theory in 2018. I was watching and reading many of these before this year.

You've been too busy in this thread following reviews of reviews, box office receipts, and movie studio intrigue! I'd say it's time to drop this franchise cold. If they turn things around over the next decade or so, you can always come back and get up to speed over a long weekend.

#2618 5 years ago

Here is a still from the new John Favreau Star Wars tv series The Mandalorian. It gives me hope.

13D06927-AC62-4856-A76C-91BF1B3B47B4 (resized).jpeg13D06927-AC62-4856-A76C-91BF1B3B47B4 (resized).jpeg

#2619 5 years ago

has any reboot, rehash, spin off, prequel or remake ever been worth a damn? nope. its all just laziness, lack of ambition or absence of skill for that matter. Its Just the younger generation running out of ideas, trying to re-cash-in on the success of former generations. or........ it just says that the former generations cant handle "new" or "change" so they just keep selling them the same bill of goods. either way, people keep paying for shit

#2620 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

has any reboot, rehash, spin off, prequel or remake ever been worth a damn? nope. its all just laziness, lack of ambition or absence of skill for that matter. Its Just the younger generation running out of ideas, trying to re-cash-in on the success of former generations. or........ it just says that the former generations cant handle "new" or "change" so they just keep selling them the same bill of goods. either way, people keep paying for shit

Absolutely yes. One example is Battlestar Galactica.

#2621 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Absolutely yes. One example is Battlestar Galactica.

First two seasons were good, went of the rails after that.

I liked the rebooted Star Trek, but it was good for only one movie, plot holes and all. Second movie had some really bad writing and I'll not even discuss the third.

#2622 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

has any reboot, rehash, spin off, prequel or remake ever been worth a damn? nope

The Outer Limits reboot was really good. The Frazier spin off from Cheers was great. Doctor Who was great when it came back (though it was technically just a continuation but felt like a reboot).

#2623 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Outer Limits reboot was really good. The Frazier spin off from Cheers was great. Doctor Who was great when it came back (though it was technically just a continuation but felt like a reboot).

I agree on the Outer Limits, which was ok, not great and not as good as the original series.

The best example of a remake being better is The Thing, but that was like 35 years ago.

#2624 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

First two seasons were good, went of the rails after that.
    I liked the rebooted Star Trek, but it was good for only one movie, plot holes and all. Second movie had some really bad writing and I'll not even discuss the third.

I agree with this 100%. Seasons 2 and 3 were phenomenal. then season 4 took a totally different tangent and went some religious route. Very disappointed on how they decided to explain everything.

#2625 5 years ago

Blade Runner 2049 was kind fairly good.

#2626 5 years ago

Hoping ep9 is good to great. Then I will just forget about TLJ and pretend it’s not there.

Just imagining what a shit sandwich the 3 movie box set will be when it comes out in a couple of years

Mind you 7 and probably 9 too will go down as just ok movies.

7C894A23-5593-423C-8243-0AC24EEFADB0 (resized).jpeg7C894A23-5593-423C-8243-0AC24EEFADB0 (resized).jpeg
    #2627 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

For these new movies I've stayed away from all Star Wars rumors, leaks & theories. Didn't want to spoil it for myself. For Episode 9? I'll read anything I come across because I don't give a shit. I know it's going to be lousy. Don't get fooled when that first trailer drops either....when you see Obiwan, Luke, Vader, the Hutts, etc etc etc. Cheap fan service to generate buzz. I'm holding firm & skipping opening weekend regardless. The contract extension given to KK was just unbelievable to me.

The Mandalorian TV series looks like it has potential though. That's a good part of the Star Wars universe to bring to the masses. Will it get me to buy a monthly subscription to the Disney streaming service? I doubt it.

Is it alright to admit that Solo is growing on me with repeat viewings? haha

#2628 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

For these new movies I've stayed away from all Star Wars rumors, leaks & theories. Didn't want to spoil it for myself. For Episode 9? I'll read anything I come across because I don't give a shit. I know it's going to be lousy. Don't get fooled when that first trailer drops either....when you see Obiwan, Luke, Vader, the Hutts, etc etc etc. Cheap fan service to generate buzz. I'm holding firm & skipping opening weekend regardless. The contract extension given to KK was just unbelievable to me.
    The Mandalorian TV series looks like it has potential though. That's a good part of the Star Wars universe to bring to the masses. Will it get me to buy a monthly subscription to the Disney streaming service? I doubt it.
    Is it alright to admit that Solo is growing on me with repeat viewings? haha

I agree, in the hands of talented people anything can transcend. I recently watched "I, Tonya" the story about Tonya Harding, it was a movie about a white trash girl's rise and eventual demise in the world of freaking ice skating!!! You know what, it was a fantastic movie, because it was made and acted by talented people. RJ, JJ, KK and Kasdan and the rest of the gang that can't shoot straight is what is ailing this franchise...kinda reminds of pinball, we got sucked in with Bally/Williams and now we're stuck with Stern.

1 week later
    #2629 5 years ago

My goodness look what they did to R2 for a 2018 Hallmark ornament lol. Might as well have the Porg on the top taking a crap on R2...

81SmFRdGTkL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81SmFRdGTkL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#2630 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My goodness look what they did to R2 for a 2018 Hallmark ornament lol. Might as well have the Porg on the top taking a crap on R2...
    [quoted image]

I checked out a few at local Hallmark store, the prices were insane. The only question is Disney trying to get $40+ for an ornament or Hallmark?

#2631 5 years ago

That stupid ornament is 40 bucks?

#2632 5 years ago

https://www.hallmark.com/shop-star-wars/

sw_deathstar (resized).jpgsw_deathstar (resized).jpgsw_hallmark (resized).jpgsw_hallmark (resized).jpg
    #2633 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

thank you disney for more desecration of the SW brand.

#2634 5 years ago

Check out what Nic Cage says at 3:10 mark....sounds familiar?

#2635 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

ritter eyeroll.gifritter eyeroll.gif
    #2636 5 years ago

In fairness to Disney, shamelessly whorring out the star wars brand is nothing new.

#2637 5 years ago

Hallmark has been making these ornaments since 1982 (way before Disney), I have all the spaceships they have made and some are worth quite a bit more now.
    I like all the Star Wars movies (sorry for everyones loss)....... strong here, the hate machine is.

GLWTS

2 weeks later
    #2639 5 years ago

Anything new to report here on EP9??

#2640 5 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Anything new to report here on EP9??

it's a piece of shit, but that is old news.

#2641 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's a piece of shit, but that is old news.

Still lots of rumblings that JJ is going to "fix it" and if he can do so is going to get some massive payday. I guess a contract for up to 500 million bucks might be a motivator for some folks.

I hear one of the ways they are going to mollify Skywalker fans is show Luke being a badass post Empire.. but in my opinion that ship has already sailed. Once you know the ending.. Just makes you even more angry knowing "what could have been"

#2642 5 years ago

can't fix it. It's already there, and it's one of the worst movies made due to plot/writing. No movie regardless of how good it is after and repair what we've already had to witness. it's dead jim.

#2643 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

can't fix it. It's already there, and it's one of the worst movies made due to plot/writing. No movie regardless of how good it is after and repair what we've already had to witness. it's dead jim.

hmm, what if it starts out with a huge explosion killing everyone and then it trails off and starts a new storyline elsewhere in the galaxy haha

#2644 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Still lots of rumblings that JJ is going to "fix it" and if he can do so is going to get some massive payday. I guess a contract for up to 500 million bucks might be a motivator for some folks.
    I hear one of the ways they are going to mollify Skywalker fans is show Luke being a badass post Empire.. but in my opinion that ship has already sailed. Once you know the ending.. Just makes you even more angry knowing "what could have been"

Are they really offering JJ $500 million to write/direct/produce EP9? That would be truly wild.

#2645 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Are they really offering JJ $500 million to write/direct/produce EP9? That would be truly wild.

No, some sort of deal after.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/j-j-abrams-aims-to-land-a-massive-deal/

Also, roundhead johnson sticks his head up to tweet "Luke Skywalker so would be a cave dwelling loser given the chance!"

http://www.darkhorizons.com/johnson-last-jedi-luke-was-consistent/

“Hot take: Luke is in fact 100% consistent with his character (not the way he’s described in marketing blurbs, but his actual, based-on-his-words-and-actions character) from the [Original Trilogy]. I’ll be at the bar if you need me.”

Idiot.

#2646 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

No, some sort of deal after.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/j-j-abrams-aims-to-land-a-massive-deal/
    Also, roundhead johnson sticks his head up to tweet "Luke Skywalker so would be a cave dwelling loser given the chance!"
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/johnson-last-jedi-luke-was-consistent/
    “Hot take: Luke is in fact 100% consistent with his character (not the way he’s described in marketing blurbs, but his actual, based-on-his-words-and-actions character) from the [Original Trilogy]. I’ll be at the bar if you need me.”
    Idiot.

Some crazy fan is bound to snap when they see rian in public lol, i hope someone films them freaking out on him

#2647 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Some crazy fan is bound to snap when they see rian in public lol, i hope someone films them freaking out on him

If SW fans are as tough and manly as pinball fans, maybe they’ll go so far as to snap a picture of his back.

#2648 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If SW fans are as tough and manly as pinball fans, maybe they’ll go so far as to snap a picture of his back.

Classic.

#2649 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Blade Runner 2049 was kind fairly good.

Uh, no. Bladerunner 2049 was a freaking masterpiece of cinema. I liked that one far better than the first.

#2650 5 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Uh, no. Bladerunner 2049 was a freaking masterpiece of cinema. I liked that one far better than the first.

That’s my point. I prefer the first but the sequel reboot was very good/great. I might not call it a masterpiece but it didn’t disappoint.

Very hard to see this as I do watch a lot of sequels but not many beat the original. Godfather 2 is really not a sequel because it’s a two part movie. Don’t get me started on godfather 3.

There are 6,234 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.