Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,232 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png
    d4109923eb01c73d (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 125.
    #1901 5 years ago

Speaking of LTJ, I stumbled on this old Rian Johnson video from around 2005, where he explains....

“I would be worried if everyone across the board loves a movie. It’s much more exciting to me, when you get a group of people who are really really excited about it. And then you have a very large group of people who walk out & say it’s literally the worst movie they’ve ever seen. To me, having those two extremes is the mark of the type of movie I want to make.”

So now TLJ makes sense I guess. He wanted to piss all the fans off on purpose. Ah I see now. Just brilliant. Good luck with your next SW trilogy jackass. Fool me once....

#1902 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And if I see Lando rub Hans thigh with a gleam in his eye, I’m going to lose my shit.

Good guess, but he’ll be rubbing Chewie’s thigh. He’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee ...

#1903 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Good guess, but he’ll be rubbing Chewie’s thigh. He’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee ...

“HE COULD USE A GOOD KISS!”

#1904 5 years ago

Yeah hoaky I think we all agree Rian just did it to counteract everything that was done in TFA... So Umm... Great job Rian?

#1905 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I agree. I had a Star Wars themed wedding. I am part of a worldwide Star Wars costuming group. My house is full of props, helmets, light sabers and blasters. Its safe to say that I am a big fan. And I think the recent movies were garbage. I wanted to like them because of the universe that they were attached to, but in the end I couldn't.

I was in the same boat. Luckily before EP3 was released. I sold everything I had and bought pinball machines instead. Never looked back. And my last name is Skywalker, and everything released past 83 is garbage in one way or another. The ESB special edition wasn't horrible in some way, so they managed not to fawk up that one, but the other special editions are garbage. And everything released since. EP7 was tolerable, only because of the hopes of where they would go with it, but that was an epic failure as we all saw.

#1906 5 years ago

Finally! Giving the fans what they want! It’s not that hard.

Mangold as director is a huge relief. Gives me hope we’ll get the bounty hunter movie we’ve been craving for. Bossk, Dengar, IG-88! 4-Lom, Zukkus, Cad Bane! So much potential here.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-boba-fett-movie-is-happening-james-mangold-direct-1113273

#1907 5 years ago

Sounds like Solo is long, boring, bland and filled with fan service.

So the Star Wars fans should love it! Since that basically also describes Rogue One.

#1908 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Sounds like Solo is long, boring, bland and filled with fan service.
    So the Star Wars fans should love it! Since that basically also describes Rogue One.

does Lando bang Chewie or what?

#1909 5 years ago

After seeing this movie last night I have two general observations:
    1. Everyone’s comments walking out was that they liked it a hell of a lot more than TLJ.
    2. People are seeming to like the spinoffs more than the main storyline movies.

As a full blown Star Wars nerd, I agree with both. I put Rogue One in the top 4 all time Star Wars movies and enjoyed Solo quite a bit. My wife and I agreed when it was done that we both felt like we watched a 30 minute movie....which is a good thing.

Great acting....no
    A fun movie to watch....yes

Did I hear my favorite sound in the Star Wars universe...the tie fighter....HELL YES

#1910 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

does Lando bang Chewie or what?

Yes this is the stuff that Disney says people really want to know. So was Lando sodomized by his robot in the storage compartment of the Falcon or what?

#1911 5 years ago

Didn't we already have a movie or 2 with like 4 billion Boba Fetts? Wasn't that interesting... Whole point of the character is he's an unknown.

#1912 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn't we already have a movie or 2 with like 4 billion Boba Fetts? Wasn't that interesting... Whole point of the character is he's an unknown.

They can do a lot with a Boba Fett movie. Consensus #1 fan favorite character, next to Darth Vader. There's a lot of mystery surrounding his backstory. The Mandolorians have never been presented on film before. Lucas may have told an origin of Boba Fett in the prequels, and that he was a clone of Jango Fett. Most fans weren't happy with that explanation, and it could be easily fixed.

I've often heard a different origin story, where an unknown ruthless bounty hunter looking to make a name for himself killed the clone Boba Fett, stole his armor & took his name for himself. Cast that Jango Fett actor again & kill him. Fans would get a kick out of that. That would also give the writers the freedom to do whatever they wanted with the character. They could tell that origin story.

Or a better idea might be to tell the story for how Boba Fett delivered Han Solo in carbonite to Jabba the Hutt. Once word spread that Boba had his hands on the biggest bounty in the galaxy, every other bounty hunter (like Bossk, Dengar, etc) tried to hunt Boba down & claim Solo for themselves. That could be a pretty crazy adventure & would provide the fans with something they're really wanted to see.

#1913 5 years ago

Hopefully Boba Fett is transexual.

#1914 5 years ago

The reviews are rolling in and RT is lit up, 18000 reviews in 11 hours. The rebellion is gaining strength.

#1915 5 years ago

At least it doesn't have the boosted 95% shill critic ratings like TLJ did. 69% I last saw, worst rated SW movie since the prequels, with audience giving around 50% approval. Not encouraging. I'm sure those numbers will drop.

#1916 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They can do a lot with a Boba Fett movie. Consensus #1 fan favorite character, next to Darth Vader. .

Next to Darth Vader eh... How'd his origin movies turn out?
    And now you've got storyteller actually worse than Lucas... Ouch
    Guys love getting your faves ruined

#1917 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And now you've got storyteller actually worse than Lucas... Ouch
    Guys love getting your faves ruined

All I care about is "Easter Eggs" and a hidden scene at the end of the credits. Screw good writing, storytelling, acting and that sort of thing. The fans want Easter Eggs! There's nothing like watching a movie and then being cleverly reminded of the other movie that you once saw, regardless of whether it makes any sense at all. In fact, screw Easter Eggs in a movie, we want a whole freaking movie that is basically one giant Easter Egg. Oh won't that be so clever! Tee Hee! I can't wait for Boba Fett the movie. They're going to turn it around and give the fans everything they want I know it!!!

#1918 5 years ago

Can’t we say bad Star Wars movies are better than no Star Wars moves?

#1919 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

no

#1920 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

HELL NO!

#1921 5 years ago

Also from what I read, this ain't no SW movie anyway, it's basically an old fashion heist movie with SW as a background.

#1922 5 years ago

Ahh Boba Fett, another cool SW character whose mysticism got blown to bits when we got the lil Boba and papa Jango making clone army men storyline bs.
    But make another movie, reboot it all.

#1923 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Also from what I read, this ain't no SW movie anyway, it's basically an old fashion heist movie with SW as a background.

nice

Quoted from TheLaw:

Trailer for Solo actually gives me a little hope (ha),...
    The best part is it seems to not be involved with any other SW shiz. They'll probably go a little far down the whole Western aspect but whatever.

#1924 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They can do a lot with a Boba Fett movie. Consensus #1 fan favorite character, next to Darth Vader.

I never got his popularity...he has cool armor, that’s it! He did nothing to capture Han (Darth Vader and crew did the work and handed him off). Sure he escaped Cloud City and made the delivery to Jabba, but after that? Got punked and eaten by the sarlaac! He had maybe 5 minutes of screen time!

Effff Boba Fett!

#1925 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I never got his popularity...he has cool armor, that’s it! He did nothing to capture Han (Darth Vader and crew did the work and handed him off). Sure he escaped Cloud City and made the delivery to Jabba, but after that? Got punked and eaten by the sarlaac! He had maybe 5 minutes of screen time.

His appearance/armor was what drew me to him as a cool character when I was a kid.

there is a book i read as a kid which chronicles his escape from the sarlacc. not sure if that is cannon or not

#1926 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I never got his popularity...

The most popular characters in Star Wars are usually the ones that speak the least amount of George Lucas script.
    Boba, Chewy, R2. Han bucks the trend though

#1927 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I never got his popularity...he has cool armor, that’s it! He did nothing to capture Han (Darth Vader and crew did the work and handed him off). Sure he escaped Cloud City and made the delivery to Jabba, but after that? Got punked and eaten by the sarlaac! He had maybe 5 minutes of screen time!
    Effff Boba Fett!

If they're doing Boba, they have to do Dr. Cornelius, the man is a legend with death sentences in 12 systems

#1928 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

If they're doing Boba, they have to do Dr. Cornelius, the man is a legend with death sentences in 12 systems

I thought he died in R1 when the entire city exploded with him in it....they probably will make a movie just to explain those 10 minutes

#1929 5 years ago

Looks like Solo is not doing well, the 150 plus million opening is now being scaled to 80-90 million.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/box-office-solo-a-star-wars-story-thursday-previews-1114854?__twitter_impression=true

#1930 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Looks like Solo is not doing well, the 150 plus million opening is now being scaled to 80-90 million.

Sub 100M opening weekend would be an unthinkable disaster for Disney & KK, sitting inside their bubble up in their high castle. Fingers crossed it happens.

Can't wait to see the bullshit "star wars fatigue" explanations for poor ticket sales.

#1931 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

About a 1000 times better than the SJW dumpster fire films we've been getting. I'd watch the prequels any day over Episodes 7-9.

That was an unthinkable statement just short 3 years ago. Sadly it's become true for the majority of fans. You blew it Disney.

#1932 5 years ago

Im in two minds about a stand alone Fett movie. I love the character (I have a 501st Approved ESB Fett Costume).

But I just don't have any confidence in Disney. They are more than likely going to screw it up and ruin the character for good!

E6D99D2E-A379-4CFD-82FE-25EF03211ED7 (resized).jpegE6D99D2E-A379-4CFD-82FE-25EF03211ED7 (resized).jpeg

B2268D56-35A9-467C-B03F-A18637364EA8 (resized).jpegB2268D56-35A9-467C-B03F-A18637364EA8 (resized).jpeg

25D66878-34F0-43BA-9522-72F3163ACC82 (resized).jpeg25D66878-34F0-43BA-9522-72F3163ACC82 (resized).jpeg

16199882-7EFF-457D-8C7E-2A37ADBF15C8 (resized).jpeg16199882-7EFF-457D-8C7E-2A37ADBF15C8 (resized).jpeg

D412B466-352D-4BBF-9BD6-A4186B155CD6 (resized).jpegD412B466-352D-4BBF-9BD6-A4186B155CD6 (resized).jpeg

#1933 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Sub 100M opening weekend would be an unthinkable disaster for Disney & KK, sitting inside their bubble up in their high castle. Fingers crossed it happens.
    Can't wait to see the bullshit "star wars fatigue" explanations for poor ticket sales.

Lol there is already an article on CNN talking about "star wars fatigue"

If these were done right people would eat them up like every marvel movie that drops every 6 months

#1934 5 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

But I just don't have any confidence in Disney. They are more than likely going to screw it up and ruin the character for good!

Lucas already tried to bone Boba with with a completely shit backstory....Disney would kick the dirt over his corpse.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

About a 1000 times better than the SJW dumpster fire films we've been getting.

Exactly my point. The movies might have been better, but let's face it, sans Jar Jar & maybe Padma the Darth/Anikin was just butchered to shit & the worst part. That's what this would be...not a trilogy with other shit to distract you. *shudder* just boba figuring out he's actually a warm hearted man/clone and not a bad guy
    Cause Disney and all.

#1935 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Lucas already tried to bone Boba with with a completely shit backstory....Disney would kick the dirt over his corpse.

Exactly my point. The movies might have been better, but let's face it, sans Jar Jar & maybe Padma the Darth/Anikin was just butchered to shit & the worst part. That's what this would be...not a trilogy with other shit to distract you. *shudder* just boba figuring out he's actually a warm hearted man/clone and not a bad guy
    Cause Disney and all.

Nah, he’s a she...cause Disney.

#1936 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Lol there is already an article on CNN talking about "star wars fatigue"
    If these were done right people would eat them up like every marvel movie that drops every 6 months

correct Marvel (avengers etc) has had 18 films in the last 10 years no fatigue because the films are (arguably) good.

Just this year Black Panther, AV3 and Ant-man will gross $4B (worldwide) projected.

I'm aware that SW will still make money, but if the quality does not improve, they will be on the PotC like curve.

#1937 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

they have to do Dr. Cornelius, the man is a legend with death sentences in 12 systems

Fuck that guy, let's get Dr. Zaius in the mix.

#1938 5 years ago

Loved it.

#1939 5 years ago

The last Jedi or solo ?

#1940 5 years ago

Good summary of the failures of the last Jedi.

#1941 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Fuck that guy, let's get Dr. Zaius in the mix.

#1942 5 years ago

Going to see Solo tomorrow. I'm expecting an incredibly average movie. Ron Howard is a competent director but he never elevates the material beyond what's on the page.

Sounds like people are enjoying Solo, but the box office is definitely taking a hit. I'm sure part of this is because of TLJ, but probably moreso Star Wars fatigue and releasing it so soon after the last one.

#1943 5 years ago

Saw Solo last night, but realize I'm in the minority when it comes to SW movies as a very casual fan. Really didn't enjoy the first 3/4, was just not interesting to me at all despite a lot of action. I think it needed some more humor as well - many of the attempts just seemed flat. However, my family enjoyed it and the audience generally clapped at the end. There was a good deal of fan service in the movie, but again as a casual SW fan, doesn't really appeal to me that much.

Without giving anything away, I'm wondering if I'm the only person that seemed to think that a sequence in the last 1/4 of the movie on the MF struck me as eerily similar to a sequence near the end of Star Trek VI.

#1944 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Sounds like people are enjoying Solo, but the box office is definitely taking a hit. I'm sure part of this is because of TLJ, but probably moreso Star Wars fatigue and releasing it so soon after the last one.

Nope. 100% TLJ flack. Star Wars fatigue?? LOL! Is that similar to Marvel fatigue like how the Avengers Infinity War box office took a big hit? Yeah, riiiiiiiiight!

#1945 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

If I could change time and make sure nothing is made for SW after 1983, I would have in a second.

#1946 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Good summary of the failures of the last Jedi.
    » YouTube video

this is spot fawking on. This is why nobody can truly defend anything in TLJ. You just can't. Trying to justify TLJ as a good movie, is like trying to convince people that pure water is soda.

#1947 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Effff Boba Fett!

Fett actually found the Falcon and tracked them to Cloud City and served them up for Vader.

#1948 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If I could change time and make sure nothing is made for SW after 1983, I would have in a second.

I mean we do get to see great special effect. As bad as the prequels were they had some nice action scenes as do these later movies.

There's a chance we can get some great movie in the future look at Spider-man had a few bad movies. But I'm glad they didn't just stop after the first trilogy.

#1949 5 years ago

Solo. Didn't care for last jedi.

#1950 5 years ago

Just got done seeing Solo with my son. It wasn’t that bad. Honestly I think it was better than the prequels or TFA and definitely better than TLJ (aka Chewbacca Farts). Not quite up to par with R1 which I think was the closest we’ve seen to the magic of the original trilogy. Overall I think it was pretty good.

There are 6,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.