Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 125.
    #1851 5 years ago

The only reason the Falcon is different is to sell toys, has nothing to do with the script or continuity.

#1852 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The only reason the Falcon is different is to sell toys, has nothing to do with the script or continuity.

So not Disney's fault at all.

#1853 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

winner winner chicken dinner.

You think space is clean? Think again, try asking the Apollo astronauts how they feel about that.

#1854 5 years ago

I was just shopping for a Star Wars coloring book at Target, it is weird seeing Alden Ehrenreich's face pasted onto Han's body. Maybe I'll get used to it over time like we all have with James Bond. Still feels a little strange though.

That said, I'm waiting anxiously to see if any regulars in this thread will dare to admit to seeing Solo in the theater. I'll probably wait for it to hit HBO/Netflix, still haven't made it to Infinity War and I'm seeing Deadpool 2 this week so it's probably not in the cards.

#1855 5 years ago

I'd like to see it if I had time but prob won't; It looks like a fun little side mission.

It couldn't possibly be more of a let down than R1.

#1856 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I plan on not seeing it ever, until I can do it for free where disney doesn't see a dime from me.
    Just by the trailer, I can tell Disney didn't take the time to even do the timeline correct. Han is what?...like 18 or 19 in this movie? In EP 4 he's like 25-27. So within 7 years the Falcon went from looking like a brand new showroom, to a grimy dingy mess everywhere? Please. In order for it to be filthy, he would have had to have gotten somewhat broken in to begin with. If disney can't even take the time for easy details like that. You know it's going to be a straight up full blown piece of-Shit.

I have no interest in seeing the Han Solo movie either, and I expect it to be terrible, but I don't agree with your analysis about the Falcon. Harrison Ford was 34 when they filmed Episode 4, so if Han is supposed to be 19 in this movie, then that is a span of 15 years, not seven as you suggest.

#1857 5 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I have no interest in seeing the Han Solo movie either, and I expect it to be terrible, but I don't agree with your analysis about the Falcon. Harrison Ford was 34 when they filmed Episode 4, so if Han is supposed to be 19 in this movie, then that is a span of 15 years, not seven as you suggest.

He's supposed to be 19 in Solo?!? The new dude looks about as old as Ford did in Ep IV. Anyway I thought the thing with these "fill in" prequels was to predictably run right up to the first moments of Ep IV, so the last scene in Solo should be him settling in at a table in Mos Eisley Cantina. Next we'll get an Obi-Wan "day before" picture, and so on. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait 'til they work their way down to Aunt Beru.

#1858 5 years ago

I'm gonna go see it next Sunday. Mostly to see how many "predictions of stupid" Red Letter Media got right.

Falcon would have been already pretty old even in the Solo time-line. So yeah, all about toys.

For more info on how prevasive that practice is watch An Evening with Kevin Smith or Joel Schumacher's very humble commentary for Batman & Robin.

#1859 5 years ago

So I haven't read this thread but I did see the last Jedi for the first time today. I couldn't tell whether I was watching Star Wars, Star Trek, or Spaceballs. On a positive note; my 5 year old enjoyed it because it had all the characters he enjoys (BB-8, Luke, Yoda, R2D2, BB-9, Chewie, etc...)

#1860 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I haven't read this thread but I did see the last Jedi for the first time today. I couldn't tell whether I was watching Star Wars, Star Trek, or Spaceballs. On a positive note; my 5 year old enjoyed it because it had all the characters he enjoys (BB-8, Luke, Yoda, R2D2, BB-9, Chewie, etc...)

That's basically the entire thread. Everyone agrees it was a travesty. The break down after that is whether,
    1. It ruined your childhood
    2. It was ruined by women
    3. Ruined by PC agendas
    4. Ruined by Disney
    5. Any combination of above

Then you can add in whether the prequels were great, if Rogue 1 was the best SW movie ever, and how many years you'll refuse to watch Star Wars material

#1861 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's basically the entire thread. Everyone agrees it was a travesty. The break down after that is whether,
    3. Ruined by PC agendas
    4. Ruined by Disney
    Then you can add in whether the prequels were great, if Rogue 1 was the best SW movie ever, and how many years you'll refuse to watch Star Wars material

LOL. I think I'll just leave my comment and call it a day. I'll continue to support Star Wars because my son loves it and will observe to see if his childhood gets ruined by this ....whatever you call this.

and yea, im a fan of rogue one. Great movie. Best of them all? no, but definitely in the top 3 for me.

#1862 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOL. I think I'll just leave my comment and call it a day. I'll continue to support Star Wars because my son loves it and will observe to see if his childhood gets ruined by this ....whatever you call this.
    and yea, im a fan of rogue one. Great movie. Best of them all? no, but definitely in the top 3 for me.

Preach it Jedi...

#1863 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So not Disney's fault at all.

Total opposite of that. Disney wants to sell more toy, they change or add something to an existing property and sell the variant. It's in their (and most licensed properties Disney or not) marketing schemes.

#1864 5 years ago

Im going to see solo because my son likes it. But tlj was complete dogshit... no question.

So I'll sit down with my slurpy shut up and get sjw political bullshit thrown at me for 2hrs with a smattering of laughs.

#1865 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Total opposite of that. Disney wants to sell more toy, they change or add something to an existing property and sell the variant. It's in their (and most licensed properties Disney or not) marketing schemes.

Yes, my point was the fact Lucas invented/blew up /mastered doing shit to sell action figures and way before Disney. Just like he invented making shitty sequels

#1866 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, my point was the fact Lucas invented/blew up /mastered doing shit to sell action figures and way before Disney. Just like he invented making shitty sequels

And thank the heavens he did... otherwise kids from my era would have had nothing to play with. His innovation made my childhood so much better. As for the prequels yeah they were boring in parts, bad dialogue and aging cgi but at least the story made sense and even jar jar is more tolerable than some of the characters in tlj

#1867 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

3. Ruined by PC agendas
    4. Ruined by Disney

6. It was just a badly put together movie that changed personalities of numerous established characters, had gaping plot holes and non-sensible actions by the entire cast.

#1868 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm gonna go see it next Sunday. Mostly to see how many "predictions of stupid" Red Letter Media got right.
    Falcon would have been already pretty old even in the Solo time-line. So yeah, all about toys.
    For more info on how prevasive that practice is watch An Evening with Kevin Smith or Joel Schumacher's very humble commentary for Batman & Robin.

...and you’re part of the problem going forward. Please don’t give them any more money.

#1869 5 years ago

^ I like this guy.

#1870 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

3. Ruined by PC agendas
    4. Ruined by Disney

actually has nothing to do with any of that. You can tell a good movie from a bad movie. Whether or not you are a SW fanboy and try to overlook things because you cannot come to terms with a SW movie being complete and utter shit. you still have common sense to know bad writing. When you have no character development, it's a shitty movie. When you have characters that don't act well together, don't fit nor fit in the story you have written, it's a bad movie. When you focus more on special effect more than content of your movie. It's a bad movie. When you try and write a movie with established characters that have a long history, and try to force the audience to completely disregard everything they know about a character.. and just choke down what they write........wait for it....it's a bad movie.

Mission impossible 1. Great movie
    Mission impossible 2...worst fawking movie ever made
    Mission impossible 3. Great movie
    Mission impossible 4 great movie

So, whether or not you are a mission impossible fanboy or not. You can still tell a piece of garbage movie. Regardless of what universe is attached to it.

#1871 5 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

just because ford was 34. The Han solo character was suppose to be 27 in EP4. That's where I got my number from. It's been talked about before in interviews and there was an article in the SW insider back in the middle 90's discussing this.

#1872 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually has nothing to do with any of that.

YOU'RE argument has nothing to do with it, tons of arguments in here do though to which I was referring.

Your argument, is that the movie sucked for some reasons which we all already all agree with so basically...actually I don't know what the shit you're end game is.

#1873 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

YOU'RE argument has nothing to do with it, tons of arguments in here do though to which I was referring.
    Your argument, is that the movie sucked for some reasons which we all already all agree with so basically...actually I don't know what the shit you're end game is.

And in conclusion ... he's going to Solo opening night.

#1874 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

all of this. Except the opposite. In fact, i'll go see deadpool again on solo's opening night just to make a statement. Hell, I may do a twofer and see avengers again as well.

#1875 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

In some misguided way he's actually summed up my feeling why I would see Solo; because the Star Wars universe is basically the M.I. franchise now.
    It has nothing to do with the original movie, and it's just basic shit happening in front of you whilst you eat popcorn.
    Maybe it was the SJW (for the win), maybe it was that Kennedy chica that ruined it, maybe it was the fact in a franchise full of weird shit Laura Dern's purple hair broke the camel's back...I don't know. But as soon as FA gave me hope (HA), R1 & LJ snatched it away and it's just a franchise of silly movies not to be taken so seriously.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

In fact, i'll go see deadpool again on solo's opening night just to make a statement. Hell, I may do a twofer and see avengers again as well.

Man, way to stick it Disney!

#1876 5 years ago

i am excited for Solo, as there are some great actors and actresses in it. It seems that the spin off star wars movies may be better than the trilogy or main storyline that disney is continuing forward with.

#1877 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

summed up my feeling why I would see Solo

Admit it, you just want to see Lando getting it on with a space creature.

#1878 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Admit it, you just want to see Lando getting it on with a space creature.

That's a given before it could even enter the situation.

#1880 5 years ago

Yup sounds like trouble.
    ‘Solo’ Could Break $139M Stateside Memorial Day Opening Record; Global Conquest Eyes $305M+

#1881 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup sounds like trouble.
    ‘Solo’ Could Break $139M Stateside Memorial Day Opening Record; Global Conquest Eyes $305M+

Sounds like a lot. But those are pretty weak numbers for a Disney movie in an age of $15 tickets and Marvel mega-openings. You know it's bad when they trot out "global" (usually when it underperforms, see Deadpool 2)

Fandango seems messed up at the moment (worse than usual). Only certain showtimes for Solo even show seats. 11am Sunday didn't work, but noon did (was empty, now 3 of us)

CONSPIRACY?

IMG_20180522_193313 (resized).jpgIMG_20180522_193313 (resized).jpg

#1882 5 years ago

Reading through the pages and agreeing that TLJ should have been titled “Chewbacca Farts”. LOL

I’m actually trying to figure out what the abbreviation SJW stands for?

#1883 5 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sjw

#1884 5 years ago

Solo looks awful. I am thinking about seeing Infinity War or Deadpool 2 again and then sneaking into it so I don't give Disney any money for it. The other two movies are great and what Disney has done with Marvel is amazing. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson fucked Star Wars.

#1885 5 years ago

Reading through the pages and agreeing that TLJ should have been titled “Chewbacca Farts”. LOL

Stands for Social Justice Warrior. Basically a person that believes everyone should be treated equally unless you are a male...

#1886 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So, whether or not you are a mission impossible fanboy or not. You can still tell a piece of garbage movie. Regardless of what universe is attached to it.

I agree. I had a Star Wars themed wedding. I am part of a worldwide Star Wars costuming group. My house is full of props, helmets, light sabers and blasters. Its safe to say that I am a big fan. And I think the recent movies were garbage. I wanted to like them because of the universe that they were attached to, but in the end I couldn't.

#1887 5 years ago

One thing that I find inexcusable on the part of Disney, was the story line of TFA. You would think out of any company, Disney would have the most imaginative and creative people working for them. They had the biggest franchise in movie history to work with, that could have had endless possibilities, and they ended up telling the same exact story that Lucas did 40 years ago. TFA was EP.4 with a glossy paint job. I will admit that some of the scenes were cool, and I liked some of the new characters, but after waiting years for a new movie, I would have like to have seen a new movie with a fresh story.

#1888 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

One thing that I find inexcusable on the part of Disney, was the story line of TFA. You would think out of any company, Disney would have the most imaginative and creative people working for them. They had the biggest franchise in movie history to work with, that could have had endless possibilities, and they ended up telling the same exact story that Lucas did 40 years ago. TFA was EP.4 with a glossy paint job. I will admit that some of the scenes were cool, and I liked some of the new characters, but after waiting years for a new movie, I would have like to have seen a new movie with a fresh story.

Exactly and putting in the old geasers like Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammel and even Ford all three are about retired for all intents. But just put them in in their old age doesn’t do it for me.

#1889 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Exactly and putting in the old geasers like Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammel and even Ford all three are about retired for all intents. But just put them in in their old age doesn’t do it for me.

What a missed opportunity with all three of those people (Harrison Ford’s role in TFA was good, the others not so much). Look what Karate Kid was able to do with its two “old guys” in the amazing Cobra Kai series. Give them a story to tell and use the old characters...not hard, but didn’t fit Kennedy’s personal agenda from what I could tell.

#1890 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What a missed opportunity with all three of those people (Harrison Ford’s role in TFA was good, the others not so much). Look what Karate Kid was able to do with its two “old guys” in the amazing Cobra Kai series. Give them a story to tell and use the old characters...not hard, but didn’t fit Kennedy’s personal agenda from what I could tell.

lol, Ford was cringe-worthy, like all the times he was amazed at Chewies crossbow... like youve known each other for decades bro, youve seen that thing so many times, but now its worth throwing in one liners about it hah.

#1891 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

lol, Ford was cringe-worthy, like all the times he was amazed at Chewies crossbow... like youve known each other for decades bro, youve seen that thing so many times, but now its worth throwing in one liners about it hah.

Sure, but at least Ford's death had meaning (or, potentially had meaning...it got tarnished in the following movie and ended up meaning nothing) unlike Luke's death that was one of the worst most useless passings of a major character on any show ever.

#1892 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

That’s why I hated that movie, so sad, zero creativity. One other thing, the series always got the bad guys right, even the prequels. We had Tarkin, the emperor, Count Dooku all excellent characters. Even Krennick from R1 was great and from them they went to General Hux..unbelievable.

#1893 5 years ago

Stands for "Social Justice Whiner" It's a group of people who are so offended by social justice warriors that they can't shut up about it actually end up being way worse than the social justice warriors.

Exhibit A:

#1894 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Stands for "Social Justice Whiner" It's a group of people who are so offended by social justice warriors that they can't shut up about it actually end up being way worse than the social justice warriors.
    Exhibit A:
    » YouTube video

I don't think that will work because Disney is great and will still make a profit (like PotC).

#1895 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Not possible.

Most people want to just get about their business in peace and quiet, SJW want to run your life as they see fit.

Speaking of good videos.. All about the customer service.

#1896 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Not possible.
    Most people want to just get about their business in peace and quiet, SJW want to run your life as they see fit.
    » YouTube video

Ruin my life? Come to think about it I do remember them holding me at gunpoint and raping my family in front of me but other than that I've pretty much been doing good despite them.

#1897 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Not possible.
    » YouTube video

Ha, thanks for posting...I also watched this one and couldn't help notice the parallels to our pinball hobby.

#1898 5 years ago

Few comments. I haven’t been in this thread in awhile....

Quoted from TheLaw:

Chewbacca farts.

Ha! I made this comment to a friend of mine the minute I saw the new “shiney blue” Lando version of Falcon. The running gag here will be that cool, smooth, always composed Lando is going to lose his shit every time Han bashes the Falcon into another ship or a building, or Chewbacca farts on the flawless white upholstery. Might get a smile the first time. But you’ll be groaning by the end of the film.

#1899 5 years ago

I don’t buy any of the shill reporting about “record breaking” preorder sales, or $130M-$170M opening weekend projections. They say Solo sold more preorder tickets in first 24 hrs than Black Panther. Talk about spin. That’s doesn’t mean a thing! What about the rest of the 3 weeks leading up to this bomb?

I did not want to go, but my buddy asked me to go with his kid on Monday. This is premiering Memorial Day weekend. Everybody off from work & school. I figured trying to buy tickets this late would be a pain in the ass. Sold out, only front row available, you know...the usual Star Wars movie opening weekend stuff.

Went & looked for tixs at the most popular luxury theater in town where everyone goes. Surprised to see PLENTLY of seats available for Solo, and good seats in middle of theater, on Friday thru Sunday. That says it all to me. SW movie tickets always hard to get opening weekend, but not Solo! Complete opposite from buying tixs for Infinity War.

Chickens coming home to roost. Fan backlash to TLJ is real. Shit on your fans long enough & they will stop caring. Hope it fails to meet expectations.

And if I see Lando rub Hans thigh with a gleam in his eye, I’m going to lose my shit. Seriously.

#1900 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Cobra Kai uses the old characters and does it perfectly. And its a semi b grade made for tv series. What disney gave us was a joke. The 3 beloved characters from the original trilogy could have been used so well. A blundered missed opportunity that sadly was the last chance for it to happen.

RJ and KK.... no vision no idea

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/38?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.