Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,234 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,234 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 125.
    #1451 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I couldn’t agree more. Kennedy has no respect for the fan base. RJ takes zero blame for delivering a poorly plotted product. They just say we are sexiest if we don’t like their movie...it’s the only defense these Hollywood types can muster.
    I really get a chuckle when they say the hard core Star Wars fans have Star Wars burnout. We were never going to have burn out so long as the product was good and the story was interesting and the lore developed and grew.

Its the Ghostbusters defense. We didn't like that movie because we're sexist pricks

#1452 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

They will get invited to the next Disney movie pre-release for critics instead of having to wait for official release!

NAILED IT.

Here's 2 YouTube channels I really love. They both found Force Awakens ho-hum and hated Rogue One (as did I)

Then along comes The Last Jedi.

This one didn't get invited to the premier:

And this one did:

Can you spot the difference in opinion?

#1453 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Half way through I was hoping league of Extraordinary Gentlemen was on another channel.

The movie that ended Sean Connery's acting career! And he passed up the role of Gandalf in LOTR to take it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10849037

His quote on the whole thing is fantastic: "I read the book. I read the script. I saw the movie. I still don't understand it. Ian McKellen, I believe, is marvelous in it." You can really just hear that in the Connery brogue!

#1454 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The movie that ended Sean Connery's acting career! And he passed up the role of Gandalf in LOTR to take it.

I enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The depiction of Hyde was great. Dorian Grey was great. I think had it been released when the super hero craze really got going it may have been successful enough for sequels.

#1455 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The depiction of Hyde was great. Dorian Grey was great. I think had it been released when the super hero craze really got going it may have been successful enough for sequels.

Great comic books, middling movie IMO. But I was very psyched to see it when it came out, especially with Sean Connery in the lead!

#1456 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The movie that ended Sean Connery's acting career!

Oh I know, hopefully it will do the same for Chris Pine.

#1457 6 years ago

Lol...I only have about a dozen bluray dvds, Extraordinary Gents is one of them, Iron Giant, Matrix, Black Hawk Down, Gattaca, Brazil, Enemies at the gate, Speed Racer and of course Rogue One

In your face Heck man.

#1458 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have the book too. I don't collect comic books but I have a few, less than 10. I have the super duper one with the 3d glasses hard back cover that has the complete collection of The League stories. Allan Moore is awesome.

#1459 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10849037
    His quote on the whole thing is fantastic: "I read the book. I read the script. I saw the movie. I still don't understand it. Ian McKellen, I believe, is marvelous in it." You can really just hear that in the Connery brogue!

Holy crap, LoXG was made at the same time as LOTR?! I'm old.

#1460 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I have the book too. I don't collect comic books but I have a few, less than 10. I have the super duper one with the 3d glasses hard back cover that has the complete collection of The League stories. Allan Moore is awesome.

Allan Moore is awesome! I don't know if you were into Watchmen, but the Absolute Edition (first published in ~2006) is incredible, fully re-colored by the original art team and printed at larger size which really showcases the terrific art. Totally worth the cost. If you're not down with giant books, the Deluxe Edition has the same re-colored art and high-quality paper, is more affordably priced, and weighs half as much.

#1461 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Allan Moore is awesome! I don't know if you were into Watchmen, but the Absolute Edition (first published in ~2006) is incredible, fully re-colored by the original art team and printed at larger size which really showcases the terrific art. Totally worth the cost. That said, if you're not down with giant books though, the Deluxe Edition has the same re-colored art and high-quality paper, is more affordably priced, and weighs half as much.

I don't have the book but I know of it, Watchmen is probably the most underrated comic and movie out there...

#1462 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I don't have the book but I know of it, Watchmen is probably the most underrated comic and movie out there...

The movie was not well loved (I think it may be the best SH movie) but I think the Comic isn't underrated at all and usually accepted as a top Comic Strip. (?)

#1463 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The movie was not well loved (I think it may be the best SH movie) but I think the Comic isn't underrated at all and usually accepted as a top Comic Strip. (?)

The Watchmen movie was interesting, it was almost a literal, shot-for-shot (or shot-for-panel, I guess) version of the comic book brought to life. As a fan that's what I would always say I want when a book I love is translated to film, but it doesn't always work in practice. That said, it's great source material and a great cast. I should watch it again ...

#1464 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The Watchmen movie was interesting, it was almost a literal, shot-for-shot (or shot-for-panel, I guess) version of the comic book brought to life. As a fan that's what I would always say I want when a book I love is translated to film, but it doesn't always work in practice. That said, it's great source material and a great cast. I should watch it again ...

See I'm on the other end where I don't know the strip at all, so the movie was the same (almost) and as good as when you read the comic.
    It's probably the only lasting thing Snyder will make and even to this day the ramp effects don't totally ruin it. I think along with Dark Knight it's the only movie like that I constantly get sucked into watching when I run past it. And story wise it's well above TDK which is basically just Heath Ledger.

#1465 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Considering that story has never been told as part of official cannon, you're connecting a lot of dots here.

FYI- They are ignoring Lucasfilms own canon.

I present you the Millennium Falcon as shown in the prequels. Lucas stated in an interview he slipped it in and it was THE Millennium Falcon, not a run of the mill YT-1300. One that looks very much like the one pictured in A New Hope. Considering Luke was not even born yet we can assume Han was 10 years old at the time, at best. The Falcon would NOT have a shiny new appearance in the SOLO movie, it was already 25 years old at least.

https://screenrant.com/solo-new-millennium-falcon-star-wars-plot-hole/

15-star-wars-easter-eggs-you-probably-never-noticed-millenium-falcon (resized).jpeg15-star-wars-easter-eggs-you-probably-never-noticed-millenium-falcon (resized).jpeg

#1466 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why does anyone do it? I just (barely) made it through Wonder Woman which is maybe the worst Super Hero movie I've seen since Daredevil; and it's sitting at 98% fresh. Literally, and I don't say this lightly, Suicide Squad was better.
    Half way through I was hoping league of Extraordinary Gentlemen was on another channel.

HA! Thank you! WW was atrocious. Same shilling spin scenario by critics. Can’t speak ill of such a feminist icon & an inspiration to little girls everywhere! Story was awful, and she’s a lousy actress IMO. First movie I’ve wanted to walk out of since Godzilla 1998. Got up halfway through to take a leak & seriously debated just walking out the door, but I reluctantly went back to my seat. What a joke. I’d still like to get that last hour back.

Should have cast Lady Sif from the Thor movies instead. My two cents.

592E5373-7D3B-4F31-B599-6D4DC1BACD70 (resized).jpeg592E5373-7D3B-4F31-B599-6D4DC1BACD70 (resized).jpeg

Back to shitting on Kathleen Kennedy & the SJWs.....

#1467 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You’re right about that Absolute Edition Hardcover. Best print edition of any comic I’ve owned, hands down. But this is the best news I’ve heard in years. As a huge fan of the Watchmen comic, I always felt it was better suited for television. Dig deeper & tell the story at the pace it deserves. The movie had its moments, but missed the mark overall, had some questionable casting choices. Wasn’t a fan of the changes they made to the ending either.

HBO series, R-rated, written by Damon Lindelof?? Count me in. Getting real close to beginning filming I hear...

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/damon-lindelof-developing-watchmen-series-hbo/

To be honest, IDK which series I’m more excited about...HBOs Watchmen or Netflix Mega City One Judge Dredd series

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a837878/judge-dredd-tv-mega-city-one-karl-urban-plot-netflix-release-date/

#1468 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

FYI- They are ignoring Lucasfilms own canon.
    I present you the Millennium Falcon as shown in the prequels. Lucas stated in an interview he slipped it in and it was THE Millennium Falcon, not a run of the mill YT-1300. One that looks very much like the one pictured in A New Hope. Considering Luke was not even born yet we can assume Han was 10 years old at the time, at best. The Falcon would NOT have a shiny new appearance in the SOLO movie, it was already 25 years old at least.
    https://screenrant.com/solo-new-millennium-falcon-star-wars-plot-hole/

Meh. Blink & you miss it. That could be any YT-1300 freighter, really doesn’t matter what Lucas says. Just like “The Ghost” from Rebels is briefly spotted hyper jumping into the Battle of Scariff in Rogue One.

Is it the Ghost? Is it the Falcon? Just little background Easter eggs that let the hardcore fan’s imaginations go wild

#1469 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You’re right about that Absolute Edition Hardcover. Best print edition of any comic I’ve owned, hands down. But this is the best news I’ve heard in years. As a huge fan of the Watchmen comic, I always felt it was better suited for television. Dig deeper & tell the story at the pace it deserves. The movie had its moments, but missed the mark overall, had some questionable casting choices. Wasn’t a fan of the changes they made to the ending either.
    HBO series, R-rated, written by Damon Lindelof?? Count me in. Getting real close to beginning filming I hear...
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/damon-lindelof-developing-watchmen-series-hbo/
    To be honest, IDK which series I’m more excited about...HBOs Watchmen or Netflix Mega City One Judge Dredd series
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a837878/judge-dredd-tv-mega-city-one-karl-urban-plot-netflix-release-date/

First I heard of the JD series! Holy crap! That movie was awesome, this has serious potential!!

#1470 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That could be any YT-1300 freighter, really doesn’t matter what Lucas says.

So were dismissing official canon as well as the extended universe? Details matter.

#1471 6 years ago

I can’t bring myself to watch TLJ again. The more I think about the movie, the more disappointed I get. It has left a very hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach now, and whenever I think about the movie the more upset I feel.

I try to pick out the good bits, but that it not enough to give it a pass. The direction they have taken this saga, the way they treated the character of Luke Skywalker, makes me so upset. It has completely shattered me to be honest.

Someone needs to dig this franchise out of the shit pile it has gotten itself into. The sooner they end this saga and start completely fresh the better.

It is too much to ask to have some decent lightsabre battles? Perhaps an Old Republic Trilogy, show the heyday of the Jedi and the true diversity of the Force. The battle between the dark and the light, the Jedi and the Sith etc.. or go in a completely other direction and explore parts of the galaxy not shown before. Something other than the crap they gave us in TLJ.

#1472 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

So were dismissing official canon as well as the extended universe? Details matter.

Is it “official canon” if the film itself is ambiguous and the new stuff only contradicts Lucas’s commentary? It’s not like you can tell that’s the Falcon (as opposed to another ship from the same line) from what’s actually in the movie ...

But I guess you must be getting over TLJ if you’re down to this level of detail! Disney doesn’t care if you’re hate-watching Solo, they just want your cash.

#1473 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Disney doesn’t care if you’re hate-watching Solo, they just want your cash.

Speaking of hating on Solo... I’m pretty confident that watching Alden Ehrenreich’s performance as Han Solo will be about as tolerable as itching your crotch with a cheese grater.

Then I stumbled on this footage. How the F did the KK thinktank not cast Anthony Ingruber in the role? He’s played a young Harrison Ford before! And did it well! And he almost looks like him! He sounds like him!

Further proof that KK are complete bumbling fools with this material & casting choices. What a wasted opportunity IMO.

I know I should probably see movie first before passing judgment, but come on now. Can’t blame fans at this point for having little faith anymore when you see stuff like this.

#1474 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

First I heard of the JD series! Holy crap! That movie was awesome, this has serious potential!!

From what I've read, the series will be more focused on the city itself & the people/judges within it. That's why it's called Mega City One. Last I heard Dredd will be a part of it, but not the lead character. Which might make more sense. Karl Urban has a busy film career, and he can pop up in the big episodes while they explore the other judges. The city was almost a character itself in the comics, and since the guys at 2000AD are producing, you know it's going to be more faithful to the bizarre aspects of the comic. Curious to see what they do with it (explore the wasteland, dark judges, etc). Much better suited for mature TV like Netflix.

#1475 6 years ago

Apparently Luke Skywalker has fallen on hard times since The Last Jedi:
    DXT3Ch9U0AAM4M9 (resized).jpgDXT3Ch9U0AAM4M9 (resized).jpg

#1476 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Story was awful, and she’s a lousy actress IMO.

Yeah she wasn't very good but whom was in that sack of shit.
    I mean seriously the Stereotype Scotsman, 'Merican Indian, & Moroccan? So bad.

#1477 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is it “official canon” if the film itself is ambiguous and the new stuff only contradicts Lucas’s commentary? It’s not like you can tell that’s the Falcon (as opposed to another ship from the same line) from what’s actually in the movie ...
    But I guess you must be getting over TLJ if you’re down to this level of detail! Disney doesn’t care if you’re hate-watching Solo, they just want your cash.

I have zero interest in seeing Solo, read enough to know its going to be hard going.

The "mods" to the Falcon were just done for sales reasons, so they have a shiny new toy to sell.

No cash for Disney from my pockets or my family.

#1478 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

The "mods" to the Falcon were just done for sales reasons, so they have a shiny new toy to sell.
    No cash for Disney from my pockets or my family.

Haha...new to toys are you?

#1479 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I have zero interest in seeing Solo, read enough to know its going to be hard going. The "mods" to the Falcon were just done for sales reasons, so they have a shiny new toy to sell. No cash for Disney from my pockets or my family.

Luckily these days there's more and better scifi television and movies to be had than ever, so plenty of good options to chose from. Introduce your kids to a cool new movie, it becomes a franchise, and if we're all still around in forty years they can complain about it being run into the ground!

#1482 6 years ago

Well now we'll have a new John Favreau SW Series to rag on. I mean I won;t because it will be on Disney streaming service; uff.

Not a fan of the Iron Man series really. First one was fine for the time, 2nd wasted talent, and the 3rd was horrendous.

#1483 6 years ago

Yeah I saw that news today. Not impressed with that announcement at all. Been over that guy for years.

Current SW future pipeline BTW:

Episode 9, plus Episodes 10-12
    Rian Johnson Trilogy
    Game of Thrones producers Trilogy
    Stand alone "A SW Story" movies
    Star Wars Resistance TV cartoon series
    John Favreau live-action TV series

They are going to pound SW down our throats, run it into the ground, and give everyone SW burnout. The complete & utter bastardization of a great brand. I wouldn't mind if they were putting out great material, but the cartoons are the only thing worth a shit anymore.

Don't give a rat's ass about Episode 7 or thereafter. Based on Episode 8 disaster, a Rian Johnson trilogy is one of the worst ideas ever. I can't see how it ever sees the light of day. I like GOT, so I'm more hopeful what those guys can come up with without input from the KK braintrust. Those SW stories are going to be hit or miss, depending on the subject material & if they are done right. The backstory-filling cartoon set after Episode 6 featuring Luke's academy, Asoka, the uncharted regions, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and the backstory of Snoke really has my attention. John Favreau series is just fodder to get you to subscribe to Disney's new streaming service.

Just counting down the days until Solo kicks us all in the nuts....

#1484 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They are going to pound SW down our throats, run it into the ground, and give everyone SW burnout.

I always have to mention the Marvel side of it where it's working just fine. And before we go there, tons of Marvel shit sucks ass. Movies, TV shows, Streaming Shows...it's never ending and people are still slurping it.

Now having said that, I'm more interested in the other shit that has nothing to do with the main arc, because I think a lot of us are over that.

EDIT: Oh and agree the Rian Trilogy is just a horrible idea.

#1485 6 years ago

I've been reading interviews with Rian Jackass and in response to the backlash he basically says:
    - It is a small portion of fans that responded negatively to TLJ.
    - He has looked back and doesn't think he did anything wrong and wouldn't change a thing about the movie.
    - He had to make Luke they way he did with the set-up he had.
    - People are mostly just upset because their Snoke/Rey/Luke theories weren't correct.

This arrogant ass-clown is just setting himself up for something bad to happen to him from a lonely Star Wars nerd. Thankfully, I finally came out of my shell and met a super-model-looking girl-next-door and had 5 kids with her so it won't be me.

Meanwhile, I was trying to think if there was a way to screw this up worse and I actually think that Rian Jackass intentionally tried to f*** up this trilogy. I don't think there is a way to make this movie worse than he did.

#1486 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Meanwhile, I was trying to think if there was a way to screw this up worse and I actually think that Rian Jackass intentionally tried to f*** up this trilogy. I don't think there is a way to make this movie worse than he did.

He practically has sunk the entire franchise. I agree with HoakyPoaky in that only the animated series (and whatever the GOT people are doing) is worth getting excited about.

Everything from this whole instantaneous travel thing SW has going on now (warp across the entire galaxy in one hour!) to the perfect balance between the light and dark side of the force at all times (so if someone powerful dies someone else just instantly has power and needs no training) are really horrible things for the franchise. Just hitting the reset button and turning the First Order into the Empire in one day and having the Republic completely destroyed and subjegated is an hour is extra stupid...they treat the taking over of tens of thousands of worlds as if it were as easy as a short drive across town...

They’ve basically had SW becomes simple bad magic that makes no sense.

#1487 6 years ago

These new movies need at least a few space politics scenes but because they "avoid anything the prequels did at any cost!" we get zero.

Tiger brings up a good point. So Starkiller base blows up four planets (that are somehow all in the same shot... science much?) Out of what, the thousands in the New Republic? And the Republic just gives up? Even though the super weapon was destroyed? Why????? Oh because we need "Rebels vs Empire"

Imagine if North Korea built one missile and used it to wipe out Hawaii. Would the USA just surrender? Look at how we retaliated against 9/11.

A giant planet sized base is pretty dumb to begin with, so a lot of this is TFA's fault. New Order was basically like the Nazis who ran away to Brazil. But they suddenly had an aircraft carrier bigger than all of the US Navy put together... How? Who do they tax to pay for it?

The might of the Empire in the OT made sense because it was formed from a very old Republic. And it wasn't transformed into an Empire overnight, even in Rogue One they make reference to keeping the Death Star a secret from what was left of the Senate.

I think it boils down to Lucas actually basing his stories on history (governments turning evil, chancellors brainwashing the public, using crisis to acheive goals) and these new filmmakers just throw shit at a wall an hope it sticks, logic be damned.

#1488 6 years ago

Tfa was at least a dry turd that is easy to dispose of and put up with. Tlj is a wet soggy turd that made a big mess with a stain that will linger for a long time.

#1489 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He practically has sunk the entire franchise. I agree with hoakypoaky in that only the animated series (and whatever the GOT people are doing) is worth getting excited about.

It's my hope that the GOT producers will be given their own freedom to come up with an ADULT focused trilogy. More adults themes & situations (wars/death/drama), less Porgs & JarJar (fart jokes/laughs). That's one thing I always felt Lucas was wrong about. These are not "kids" movies. Scooby-Doo 2 is a fricking kids movie.

With that said, those GOT producers great at old world/character building with GOT. Let them tackle the Old Republic set thousands of years before the Prequels. Pull from the extended universe stories. They basically would have a blank slate to do whatever they wanted, with zero rule restrictions since it took place so long ago. The property is just getting off the rails now. It needs some fresh concepts & excitement again.

#1490 6 years ago

I want it adult skewed too....like REALLY adult. Yiubjnwknwhat I'm talking aboot... Blue milk squirting everywhere!

#1491 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I want it adult skewed too....like REALLY adult. Yiubjnwknwhat I'm talking aboot... Blue milk squinting everywhere!

I think you can find some of those videos on the internet already... I don't think they carry and endorsement from the mouse though.

#1492 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I've been reading interviews with Rian Jackass and in response to the backlash he basically says:
    - It is a small portion of fans that responded negatively to TLJ.
    - He has looked back and doesn't think he did anything wrong and wouldn't change a thing about the movie.
    - He had to make Luke they way he did with the set-up he had.
    - People are mostly just upset because their Snoke/Rey/Luke theories weren't correct.
    This arrogant ass-clown is just setting himself up for something bad to happen to him from a lonely Star Wars nerd. Thankfully, I finally came out of my shell and met a super-model-looking girl-next-door and had 5 kids with her so it won't be me.

what a dickhole. Small portion my ass. There is only a small portion that tried to defend this pile-o-shit. People who still lick the star of the SW universe no matter what. Like Kevin Smith. Whether or not you loved SW. there comes a point, where you should be able to tell a bad movie from a good movie, regardless of what universe it's told in.

#1493 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It's my hope that the GOT producers will be given their own freedom to come up with an ADULT focused trilogy. More adults themes & situations (wars/death/drama), less Porgs & JarJar (fart jokes/laughs).

LSWDV

Game of Thrones while spotty time to time has been fairly good, I'd like to see what the GOT producers could do with a short run SW series.

As long as Lucasfilm is part of Disney and helmed by raging social justice warrior Kathleen Kennedy I don't see things changing much though.

Disney is going to demand certain things to keep the toy sales division happy (like random changes to the Millennium Falcon just to churn out another model for sale so count on more porgs and such) and I doubt you are going to see great stories from the GOT guys with Kennedy calling the shots at Lucasfilm.

Colin Trevorrow was removed from directing SW because he wanted an epic Luke Skywalker send off and Kennedy did not.

Guess who prevailed?

#1494 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what a dickhole.

Johnson is going to tote that bale for as long as needed, he has his eye on the promised trilogy they have dangled in front of him.

He is going to make excuses, Disney is the 800 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to future employment.

More so if they gobble up Fox Studios too.

Edit: If Disney yanks the trilogy away from Johnson, look for his tune to change.

#1495 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

helmed by raging social justice warrior Kathleen Kennedy

Ya know, IMO, I don't even think she is a SJW. She's more of a militant feminist to me. I mean fine, she has a chip on her shoulder, some a-holes exec in Hollywood screwed her over many years ago, so now she's militant. Again fine, make a superhero movie with a strong female role, make more Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Cat Woman, Bat Girl, whatever.....but why mess with a beloved 40-year-old series to prove a point? SW is not about males or females. Shit, it's not even about humans. It was bigger than earth, more universal. It was just a petty move on her part.

#1497 6 years ago

There’s definitely a bizarre parody going down in this thread, on that much we agree.

#1498 6 years ago

Me and that one on the far right love the same thing!

#1499 6 years ago

Report from the Disney 2018 shareholders meeting, one of the shareholders (Justin Danhof) took CEO Bob Iger to task for Disney's current political slanting on various shows and movies and Iger pretty much replied "thanks for your input, but we are staying the course"

Don't expect anything to change unless Disney starts losing so much cash Iger is ousted.

Speaking of cash.. The Last Jedi currently at 1.33 billion box office. Not going to see 1.4, dailys are down into the petty cash range.

Jumanji (released 5 days after and with a 90 million budget) is still going strong in the box office, anything from quarter mill to 2 million per day.

#1500 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Don't expect anything to change unless Disney starts losing so much cash Iger is ousted.

Shocking to see a publicly traded company’s behavior driven by money.

There are 6,234 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.