Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,234 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

296 posts in this topic match your search for posts by infinitelives. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #3817 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

further comments. if any movie was bad...(besides han solo...ok it's really bad. ron howard ruined it), it was attack of the clones. go and look at the story, script and the overall movie vs. the last jedi. same with a the revenge of the sith. there are LOT of major flaws. for example: 1. padme is pregnant and has twins,...in what, 4 days? 2. anakin never admits to slaying the kids and is blamed and attacked. 3. ending crunched into 5 seconds to credits. 4. worst of all...they take baby luke on tatonnie...uh why? with foster parents he never met? . now, compare that to the new star wars movies and look at my point of view. the new ones are written a lot better!
    i would put attack of the clones and empire strikes back the bottom of the 8 movies in the saga. i rank this way (which can cause controversy for you all...but you all love that) 1. last jedi, 2. force awakens, 3. phantom menace ( I believe it made the most of any star wars movie until the force awakens), 4. new hope, 5. rotj, 6. revenge of sith, 7. empire strikes back, 8. attack of the clones.

lol

2 weeks later
    #4064 4 years ago

havent seen any of it, so is the main character have a name or is it just the mandalorian lol

#4066 4 years ago

Clever

#4068 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Wait a minute...you started this thread and you haven't seen an episode of the mandalorian yet??!
    I feel we have been wronged
    Seriously though...you need to watch it.

I started this thread because the movie TLJ destroyed star wars for me and it's evolved into this current topic. I am not giving Disney money for their crap. I was thinking of doing a free trial when the season is over and binge it tho.

#4073 4 years ago

Odell's has been kicking new Belgiums butt for years. Although we did get NB to sponsor our monthly pinball tournament I run and add $25 to the pot each month and $1 off beers.

It's ridiculous how much good beer is out here. Weldwerks in Greeley is world class.

#4080 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well the red carpet TROS premier was last night. They posted a live video from the red carpet, but I could care less what most of the cast members had to say. I just skipped to Mark Hamill's quick interview, in which he said "I hope fans enjoy it. If they don't, just keep it to yourself" That's not exactly a ringing endorsement or a statement to get fans excited IMO. He did the same thing by tempering expectations before TLJ.
    Shill reviews are going to start pouring in today. Possible pre-release spoilers. So I'm going to avoid & step away from this thread for a few days.
    But I would make a suggestion to the OP. Preemptively change the title of this thread now to "SPOILERS: Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker discussion, etc etc etc" or something, so that some jackass doesn't come along and start another Star Wars discussion thread. Don't need two of them like the Mando discussion.

good idea, I added TROS to the title

#4099 4 years ago

maybe the catch is it will all be a dream lol. luke wakes up in a bacta tank at the end

#4108 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Welcome to the future, you're all just consumers.....just shut up and consume.

Didn't you know, "They Live" is a documentary

#4123 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I think the point is that Rembrandt and Van Gogh have two completely different styles of painting that would make a collaborative effort look disjointed. Not that these other hacks can be compared to Rembrandt and Van Gogh.
    I keep seeing people talk about Count Dooku coming back. Please tell me this isn’t true. Christopher Lee died before filming didn’t he?

yeah he died well before this trainwreck

#4124 4 years ago

ign review game it a 7

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/18/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-review

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is an entertaining but deeply flawed final chapter that ultimately plays it too safe."

"There is a lot to process walking out of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, a film engineered to hit the viewer on multiple levels while struggling to settle 42 years’ worth of story elements – probably too much for any one film to handle. For as much love, passion, and nostalgia is evident in this movie, it’s also a film very palpably made from a place driven by fear of disappointing the audience, and that anxiety fuels a lot of the story’s curious creative choices and unwieldy execution. The film’s heartstring-tugging moments, technical impressiveness, and relentless action will likely be enough for those fans who just want to keep the visor down on their blast shield helmets and let the Force flow through them. But for those who need some consistency and logic to the story in this elaborately detailed fictional galaxy, there will likely be the bittersweet pang of accepting that this long-running saga couldn’t quite stick the landing. But even at its most divisive and imperfect, the Star Wars franchise has offered much to embrace and celebrate. This finale to the Skywalker Saga is, if nothing else, a tribute to that legacy."

#4127 4 years ago

whats weird is i havent heard a single person talk about this movie coming out or seen any crap about it on my facebook feed. last time around everything was bonkers

#4140 4 years ago

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/18/review-disney-and-lucasfilms-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-is-a-terrible-end-to-the-skywalker-saga/#6a0a855113c6

forbes : "TROS worst star wars movie ever"

"The Rise of Skywalker is a bad movie and a miserable finale that serves no purpose other than to reassure adult fans of the original Star Wars that they are still the “chosen ones” of the pop culture galaxy."

this line tho lol
    "Finn, Poe and Rey are mostly action figures moved into place as the plot demands."

#4143 4 years ago

star wars is gonna be a direct to dvd franchise soon

not really but it does seem to be getting worse lol

#4167 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

had to address BS mistakes of TLJ like the Holdo Maneuver so he could even justify a space battle...

how did they address this? (havent seen it, probably wont tbh)

#4183 4 years ago

so is there any explanation on why they named it TROS? or just a bait and switch to make fans going in to it think rey is a skywalker or luke didnt die or something along those lines?

#4189 4 years ago

they really should of had leia die in space in TLJ and wouldnt have to worry about cgi'ing her thru this one and build some character depth with kylo pulling away at the last moment only to have one of his gunners kill his mom... makes more sense, especially seeing how they had no plan for the 3rd movie anyways lol

#4201 4 years ago

None of these films needed to exist. They didn't do anything but shit on the actual star wars story. I fucking hate how they call it the end of the Skywalker saga when the last three shit all over skywalker and the original trilogy.

2 weeks later
    #4427 4 years ago

most interesting thing for me so far is that i havent talked to anyone who has seen it in real life and probably talked to 30ish friends/family/acquaintances that saw TLJ after it came out. One friend who used to be a huge star wars nerd and TLJ ruined it for him didnt even realize it had come out yet lol

#4437 4 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Whatever
    Fuckface.....

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
    #4501 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Found posted somewhere in the morning news crawl:
    Lucas, Kasdan, Kershner, and their collaborators wanted boys and young men to dream of adventure, spiritual fulfillment and a righteous republicanism; Bob Iger and his minions only seek to crush those dreams and indoctrinate their most impressionable patrons with fecklessly recycled concepts, pedestrian craftsmanship, bloated productions, thematic insipidity and a hopeless poverty of invention. However, those who bemoan this for years with periodic jeremiads have for hits and hubris chosen to overlook what’s obvious. If you want Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, the droids, Lando, et al. — you can have them any time! Whoever hasn’t the trilogy’s original theatrical cuts on VHS or DVD can obtain video files, or DVD or Blu-ray images of Harmy’s Despecialized Edition. Scores of novels based on the films have been penned and published since 1976, and many of these — Alan Dean Foster’s adaptation of A New Hope and his original Splinter of the Mind’s Eye, a trilogy of Han Solo Adventures, and Timothy Zahn’s Heir to the Empire/Thrawn trilogy — are as enjoyable as any popularly marketed pop novels. That so many fans submit to Disney’s morbidly revolting perversion of this property rather than disregard such drivel to concentrate on its far more engaging, imaginative expanded universe (or any number of other properties) only confirms that the fretful defeatist, ever more prominent and clamant among boomers, Xers and millennials, would rather whine than act constructively.
    In the course of the past 130+ years, hundreds of thousands of features and shorts have been produced. At least 50,000 of French, American, Japanese, British, Korean, Italian, German, Russian, Iranian, Austrian, etc. provenance are worth watching. Perhaps 8,000 of them are masterworks. For whoever’s read, heard and seen their fill of Star Wars, as many as 200 successfully marketed alternatives in the genres of science fiction, fantasy and space opera are readily available, and many more obscure, akin works are waiting to be rediscovered. With this overplus of options available via books, videocassettes, optical discs and streaming services, one can be certain that nobody needs Star Wars so much as Disney needs them to perpetuate their abuse of oligarchical power.
    Those addicted to their geeky furor would be wisely counseled to stop whining, withdraw from what’s left of mainstream popular culture, and seek fictions that reflect, affirm and enlarge on their values, culture and society.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think the first part about the motivations of Lucas, Kasdan and Kershner is up for grabs (Making a well crafted movie and getting rich would have been my take) but the ones by Igar and Kennedy are proven by their statements in public.
    Food for thought.

man the author sure likes to use fancy words...

2 weeks later
    #4585 4 years ago

well so since now the new movie force ghosts can interact with the living world they are doing some magic jedi shit with lukes lightsabre falling to cloud citys planet and a jedi catching it....

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-blue-lightsaber-mystery-cloud-city-marvel

#4591 4 years ago

the voice actor for the main storm trooper i thought was horrible.

#4597 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tiltboss:

wow you got a lot of time on your hands LOL I would assume your dissertation on the middle three movies would take a minute to read a long minute.. I think it’s very obvious that Disney purchased the franchise in they are trying to close down Skywalker at Cetera the Skywalker saga as they called it makes sense to me there’s gonna be a few dead ends they can’t explore every single possible thing because of the saga is over now they’re going to ram side stories in spinoffs down our throat until we stop paying to see them which probably won’t ever happen I for one have absolutely loved the new movies since rogue one and I am a diehard I’ve got a tat lol.. I was dressed up as Darth Vader in the movie theater when my parents took me to see return of the Jedi... In hindsight the middle three movies were so astonishingly bad I’m glad they grabbed ewan McGregor..If you could say that the middle three movies were saved it would be because of him although I still can’t bear to watch them. I am stoked that they are doing a kenobi series with him starring.:I thought Solo was bad ass and I liked all the other new ones solo was actually one of my favorites people were hating on it because they’re used to Harrison Ford but come on people what are you gonna do travel back in time and get a young Harrison Ford I thought the kids did a great job at in Woody Harrelson etc. etc. I thought it was bad ass I thought Solo was bad ass and I liked all the other new ones solo was actually one of my favorites people were hating on it because they’re used to Harrison Ford but come on people what are you gonna do travel back in time and get a young Harrison Ford I thought the kids did a great job ad in Woody Harrelson etc. etc. I thought it was bad ass‍♂️ But again it seems pretty apparent that Disney wants to schedule the Skywalker saga

the middle 3 movies are the original trilogy fyi

glad you find all things star wars "bad ass", i used to until how bad TLJ was.

#4605 4 years ago

said they are focusing on TV rather than Movies. probably a smart move. wonder how much less profits compare from a tv show standpoint versus a block buster holiday movie release.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-mandalorian-spinoffs-and-legacy-characters-are-a-possibility-as-priority-shifts-to-tv

"And then we have a prequel to Rogue One and an Obi-Wan series also in development," Iger said.

2 weeks later
    #4642 4 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-star-wars-movie-reportedly-coming-from-the-director-of-sleight

apparently their is a new star wars movie in the works but no details...

they have holiday releases scheduled for 2022,2024 and 2026.

seems like they should probably have something more solid for a blockbuster coming out in 2022

#4644 4 years ago

Bob Iger steeping down as Disney CEO

2 weeks later
    #4677 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

STAR WARS
    The Last Jedi (2017)
    Real 3D Blu-Ray
    Director: Rian Johnson
    Starring: Adam Driver, Andy Serkis, Anthony Daniels, Benicio Del Toro, Billie Lourd, Carrie Fisher, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, John Boyega, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Laura Dern, Lupita Nyong'o, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Tom Hardy
    I will admit I am wired with a with the sense of melancholy sensibilities. I lost track of how many times I got emotional while watching Rian Johnson's film. But I'm sure I also laughed hard just as many times, if not more. It is in general mind-blowing, it is emotional and it is filled with surprises. The Last Jedi really manages to keep the Star Wars spirit while being innovative on many fronts. Nothing can prepare you for the emotional ride it takes you on. It's a truly epic journey.
    Star Wars: Episode VIII had some amazing set pieces. Wonderful cinematography and special effects. The 3D presentation added to the film. If you like that effect. The fabulous film score from the greatest film composers of all time, John Williams was fantastic.
    The acting from Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher is sublime. Tapping into my sense of nostalgia for Star Wars Saga. Daisy Ridley as Rey is tremendous. Johnson eloquently deepens his characters in the story long, long ago in the galaxy far, far away. Adam Driver is welcome strength returning as the Dark Side Force's Kylo Ren. The other narrative threads are often perfunctory in the subplot with Resistance fighters Finn, played by solid John Boyega, Poe Dameron, played by intrepid Oscar Isaac, and Rose, played by stellar newcomer Kelly Marie Tran. And how does't like Benicio Del Toro ? Fantastic !
    The Last Jedi is clever, well-tailored and genuine. Heroes , villains, and those who are somewhere in between. Rian Johnson created a beautiful tale a filmed it with stylistic brilliance and terrific pacing. From the excellent cinematography, snappy dialogues and first rate music, The Last Jedi made me feel overwhelmed and fills you with odd admiration for the story that is being conveyed. 8.5/10[quoted image]

had to make sure it wasnt april 1st... but i guess this is a real take

1 week later
    3 weeks later
    #4688 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm curious if anyone purchased a copy of TROS? It's been available for awhile now, but I just cannot bring myself to buy it. I sit & think about the first impressions I had seeing it in the theater, and then I have absolutely no desire to see it again. I figure I'll just wait for it to come onto Disney+, and then I'll see if it's as bad as I remember. That story just cannot hold up to close scrutiny or repeat viewings.
    I think I also read somewhere that there are no deleted scenes on the bluray? Is that true? They shot endless hours of film & scenes that hit the cutting room floor, but Kennedy doesn't want any of that JJ footage to leak out? Even less reason to buy it then. I'm curious if JJ even bothered to record a directors commentary for it. He probably just washed his hands & didn't want anything more to do with it.

nope, never have seen it and wont buy it. The other day when I was in a walmart their display was filled up with copies of it still lol.

1 week later
    #4726 4 years ago

new disney + star wars series in the works
    glad they are at least going to a different time line.

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-star-wars-series-disney-plus-leslye-headland

"it will be a female-centric series that takes place in a different part of the Star Wars timeline than other projects." Headland is reportedly attached as showrunner and writer on the new series."

#4750 3 years ago

94705986_10207319404340519_4213913128456421376_n (resized).jpg94705986_10207319404340519_4213913128456421376_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #4756 3 years ago

i like how dead star wars is no one posted in here for May 4th lol

1 month later
    #4803 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

"Time Travel" the last refuge of the creatively bankrupt.

you forgot "it was a dream"

#4809 3 years ago

Was at Target yesterday and they had the new star wars movie in the clearance bin haha

1 month later
    #4899 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

I've read through pages and pages of complaints in this thread and I can somewhat confidentially declare that those people would never be happy no matter who made the movie.
    And despite all of that, the films have made oodles of money, much more than other great films listed lower on the list:
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW
    If SW 1-3 were released today, you'd have the same people complaining about them.
    Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
    I don't think any of the SW movies after 1 and 2 are exceptional films, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them.
    I hope Disney makes many more.
    Just don't touch Goonies!

just cause it made money doesnt mean TLJ was a good movie... has nothing to do with nostalgia, was just a damn mess

3 months later
    #5081 3 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-investor-call-star-wars-expansion

maybe later today some new info on future projects

1 month later
    #5110 3 years ago

FB_IMG_1610392014943 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1610392014943 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    1 month later
    4 weeks later
    #5271 2 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

It's not bad. I fell asleep during episode two though. Too much time travel explanation crap, resetting the timeline.

do you have to watch all these tv shows to know whats going on in the next set of movies then?

1 week later
    #5288 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

The name of the ship is not even very prominent on the packaging. I guess mine will be a collector edition, now.
    [quoted image]

you gotta get the boba fett starship version ASAP!

10 months later
    296 posts in this topic match your search for posts by infinitelives. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/2?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.