2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,685 posts
  • 285 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 212 votes
      33%
    • decent, better than the prequels 239 votes
      37%
    • really good, on par with the originals 79 votes
      12%
    • great! one of the best 74 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 43 votes
      7%

(647 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

684d93fd754d9819 (resized).png
    Carrie Fisher (resized).jpg
    starwarsgarbage-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200205-020016_Chrome (resized).jpg
    e125246d7cffebcb (resized).jpg
    hand (resized).jpeg
    20 (resized).png
    19 (resized).png
    18 (resized).jpg
    17 (resized).jpg
    16 (resized).jpg
    15 (resized).jpg
    14 (resized).jpg
    13 (resized).jpg
    12 (resized).jpg
    11 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4685 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 94.
    #1301 2 years ago

People keep whistling past the grave yard, but I think it is official Disney might have a problem.

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/star-wars-last-jedi-toy-sales-tank

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/-star-wars-toy-sales-fall-in-2017-as-movie-tie-fatigue-sets-in

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Toy Sales Tank

"Bloomberg reports Star Wars toys sales were down for 2017 despite Star Wars: The Last Jedi having been released in the all-important holiday month of December. An analyst for BMO Capital Markets is blaming the decline on Star Wars "burnout" or “movie fatigue," and blame is even aimed at kids now watching YouTube, Netflix and social media for entertainment."

When you see The Force Awakens toys STILL on the shelf, you know there is a problem.

The Last Jedi has been pulled 100% from all screens in China now.

Fix it Disney, fix it now. Fire everyone involved with this fiasco and hire some talented people to write and direct. Hell no one would bat an eye if everything in TLJ was tossed out the window. James Cameron is going to do it with the next Terminator movie, you should too.

#1302 2 years ago

I think the majority of people who buy Star Wars toys these days are adult collectors. Most of the older fans hated this movie, probably not buying the toys then.

#1303 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I think the majority of people who buy Star Wars toys these days are adult collectors. Most of the older fans hated this movie, probably not buying the toys then.

You may be on to something there.

I wonder if they’re including SW Legos though. That’s what my kids want, not the action figures.

#1305 2 years ago

The toy industry IN GENERAL is swirling the toilet because all kids want are tablets and Minecraft.

So TLJ toys didn't fail because of the movie, but because they're toys.

Which sucks for Disney (world's smallest violin plays) because they're used to making the ACTUAL big bucks on merchandise (which is why Cars kept getting sequels)

#1306 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The toy industry IN GENERAL is swirling the toilet because all kids want are tablets and Minecraft.
    So TLJ toys didn't fail because of the movie, but because they're toys.

Sales for The Force Awakens toys and branded goods were fairly good.

The SW market is overstaturated and there were no heroic figures worth buying in the last movie.

Who wants grumpy whining Luke Skywalker action figure? Or Rey or Kylo stuff that looks exactly like the last movie? At least Lucas knew to change outfits between movies.

#1307 2 years ago

I love how they didn't even know she was a women, I try not to get into this whole thing with Star Wars but I find it hard to believe they didn't know she was a women.

#1308 2 years ago

I finally watched it about a week ago. it wasn't good, it wasn't bad, but it also didn't feel like Star Wars. you could tell someone else wrote the script, and not for the better. I felt like I was watching "Days of our Lives", and somehow Luke skywalker...wasn't luke skywalker. It left me feeling "wow, what did any of this movie have to do with anything in the past Star Wars movies?"

hopefully they don't blow the rest of the new movies over the next 40 years...because you know we will get them.

#1309 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I felt like I was watching "Days of our Lives", and somehow Luke skywalker...wasn't luke skywalker.

Well Mark Hamill said he thought of him as "Jake Skywalker" when he was playing him lol

#1310 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I love how they didn't even know she was a women, I try not to get into this whole thing with Star Wars but I find it hard to believe they didn't know she was a women.

Well you know because Kennedy couldn't google her name.

#1311 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

there are virtually no toys to buy for TLJ... walk into walmart and checkout the Star Wars section... its almost non existent.

#1312 2 years ago

Please reboot EP 8.

#1313 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

there are virtually no toys to buy for TLJ... walk into walmart and checkout the Star Wars section... its almost non existent.

Plenty here in CT- Action figures, sabers, lego stuff, masks/helmets, toy ships, etc.

#1314 2 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Please reboot EP 8.

Speaking of reboots (and I’m honestly not trying to troll the two guys here that enjoyed them), what about rebooting the prequels? There are some good story elements there that might benefit from a second take. They could maintain the stuff that worked, drop the trade federation snoozefest, add a lot more Darth Maul, and hire a competent screenwriter to do dialog. Plus have the benefit of twenty years progress in visual effects. Plus Liam Neeson is still kicking ass so no need to recast his part.

Since Disney seems bent on doing one SW movie per year, it’s not like this would distract from other worthy projects.

#1315 2 years ago

SJW always double down, uncanny!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-reed-morano-next-star-wars-director-1075060

Is Reed Morano the Next 'Star Wars' Director?

#1316 2 years ago

The thing comes to my mind is Jimi Hendrix's album title "Are you experienced"........so she made Handmaids tale, which if you've all seen the original British movie or the new Hulu one know it's not Sci-fi, it's more of a dystopian drama than a space opera. But anyway, it's cool, maybe she's really talented like RJ.

Ridley Scott on the idea of the rookie SW directors and him directing a SW movie:

I think they like to be in control, and I like to be in control myself. When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?
    Millions! Millions. You can get me for my fee, which is heavy, but I’ll be under budget and on time. This is where experience does matter, it’s as simple as that! It can make you dull as dishwater, but if you’re really experienced and you know what you’re doing, it’s fucking essential. Grow into it, little by little. Start low-budget, get a little bit bigger, maybe after $20 million, you can go to $80. But don’t suddenly go to $160.

#1317 2 years ago

God damn these "female director rumors" just make me cringe. Feels like Disney & the people in charge are living in a bubble, ignoring/dismissing all the fan negativity heading in their direction. I get the women empowerment & #metoo movements, but I still can't comprehend why they chose to use the Star Wars franchise to push those points.

No matter how they spin it, when they say its not about hiring someone because of their gender, it's about hiring someone because of gender.

#1318 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

God damn these "female director rumors" just make me cringe.

Wow man, I'm no SJW but that's really amazingly ignorant.
    What exactly are you afraid she'll do that hasvn't been done already by a man like Rain?

#1319 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What exactly are you afraid she'll do that hasvn't been done already by a man like Rain?

I saw what you did. Well Law, I must object to your clever feminization of Rian's name.

#1320 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I saw what you did. Well Law, I must object to your clever feminization of Rian's name.

he called him rainman dood

#1321 2 years ago

I didn;t know his name was "Rian" until recently because I had never seen it spelled that way. The guy just maid (!) a complete piece of shit movie...I don't understand how it is assumed it would be worse with a chica.

#1322 2 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

he called him rainman dood

Oh, my bad, carry on....

#1323 2 years ago

Ah Rainn is Dwight Schrute

#1324 2 years ago

Holy shit, now I see it.....it makes sense now.

Mark-Hamill-as-Luke-Skywalker-on-the-Millennium-Falcon-in-Star-Wars-lo-Last-Jedi (resized).jpg

#1325 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Ridley Scott on the idea of the rookie SW directors and him directing a SW movie:...When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost?...
    Grow into it, little by little. Start low-budget, get a little bit bigger, maybe after $20 million, you can go to $80. But don’t suddenly go to $160.

Jeez he is old. Not the way the industry works now.

#1326 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Plenty here in CT- Action figures, sabers, lego stuff, masks/helmets, toy ships, etc.

Don't forget about the TLJ Depends....not to mention barf bags ...in the Geriatric store section

#1328 2 years ago

Wouldn't have dreamed this a couple of months ago...

"After cleaning up during 2017’s holiday season, [Jumanji]—not ‘Star Wars’—is now crushing it in January"

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2018/1/22/16919472/jumanji-january-box-office-success

#1329 2 years ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

"After cleaning up during 2017’s holiday season, [Jumanji]—not ‘Star Wars’—is now crushing it in January

I'm excited for Jumanji, though I haven't seen it yet. The Rock has some drawing power.

#1330 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm excited for Jumanji, though I haven't seen it yet. The Rock has some drawing power.

It's really going to be tested for the Rampage movie. Just started seeing trailers...so weird.

#1331 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Rock has some drawing power.

That’s what I’m talking about! They should cast him in the next SW movie. Would take care of their China box office “problem” as well.

#TheRock2020

#1332 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

That’s what I’m talking about! They should cast him in the next SW movie. Would take care of their China box office “problem” as well.
    #TheRock2020

Like could pull a professor X and just take over the Rock’s body then go layeth the smacketh downeth on Ben Solo in Episode IX. I’d go watch that for sure.

#1333 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's really going to be tested for the Rampage movie. Just started seeing trailers...so weird.

I spent so much money on that game, I loved it. But it's even more ridiculous making a movie based on it, than Battleship. Unless it's more tongue in cheek than the trailers make it out to be.

#1334 2 years ago

Rampage looks like fun and the earthquake film wasn't too bad either ...

1 week later
    #1335 2 years ago

67DED52C-B733-4427-9C7D-F50FD7D65B10 (resized).jpeg

#1336 2 years ago

Well, Star Wars TLJ officially under performed. I think it’s funny how all the media outlets say it’s due to Star Wars burn out generally, none of them say it was due to the plot of the movie not being any good... Hopefully RJ and KK get canned quick. I still can’t believe how bad they blew it here.

Here is one article: https://www.investopedia.com/news/disneys-last-jedi-box-office-sales-lower-wall-street-expectations/

#1337 2 years ago
    Quoted from racer_x:

Wouldn't have dreamed this a couple of months ago...
    "After cleaning up during 2017’s holiday season, [Jumanji]—not ‘Star Wars’—is now crushing it in January"
    https://www.theringer.com/movies/2018/1/22/16919472/jumanji-january-box-office-success

We're one step closer to "Ass: The movie"...

#1338 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, Star Wars TLJ officially under performed. I think it’s funny how all the media outlets say it’s due to Star Wars burn out generally, none of them say it was due to the plot of the movie not being any good... Hopefully RJ and KK get canned quick. I still can’t believe how bad they blew it here.
    Here is one article: https://www.investopedia.com/news/disneys-last-jedi-box-office-sales-lower-wall-street-expectations/

The article says "the most recent Star Wars franchise film has fallen about $200 million short of analysts' expectations." Will be interesting to see if they shake up the creative team as a result. Equivalent to a SB winning team going 9-7 the following season and missing the playoffs. The head coach should be safe, but a coordinator or two may get the ax to send the message that expectations were not met.

#1340 2 years ago

Weird..That guy must be a tool, I watched the video agreeing with everything he said but then the video rolled into his last segment which covered the primere and supposedly he had just seen it (I bet he was lying and he hadn't see it yet) and he had nothing but complementary things to say. I was like wtf?

#1341 2 years ago

That ET Canada video is gold, pretty much my thoughts watching it.

#1342 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Weird..That guy must be a tool, I watched the video agreeing with everything he said but then the video rolled into his last segment which covered the primere and supposedly he had just seen it (I bet he was lying and he hadn't see it yet) and he had nothing but complementary things to say. I was like wtf?

I only watched the video I posted and completely agreed with him. If what you surmise is true--and I think it is--I would say that it is still good that finally someone whom is on a larger media outlet calls out the actual cause of the movie's failure: it sucks.

#1343 2 years ago

yeah this guy nailed it

#1344 2 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Please reboot EP 8.

This. If we are lucky Episode X will open with Luke Skywalker staring into a snow globe...

#1345 2 years ago

Or him jolting up in bed saying, "What a fucking nightmare!"

#1346 2 years ago

Or wakes up and hears the shower running:
    Bobby in shower (resized).jpg

#1347 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The article says "the most recent Star Wars franchise film has fallen about $200 million short of analysts' expectations." Will be interesting to see if they shake up the creative team as a result. Equivalent to a SB winning team going 9-7 the following season and missing the playoffs. The head coach should be safe, but a coordinator or two may get the ax to send the message that expectations were not met

I hear you. I just hope Disney takes it more seriously and recognize Kennedy’s social platforms she wants to use for SW have simply alienated the fans that made SW big to begin with. The new types of casual fans (that like her social issues) she is hoping to pick up will not replace the hard core fans that would previously have gone six times to theaters, bought the books, bought the toys, bought the other tie in products, etc...

SW needs it’s hard core fans. Those fans can’t be kept with a bad quality story product and a plethora of lame jokes.

#1348 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

While I don't agree with his rankings (nobody agrees on this), the beginning of this video confirms your suspicion that he was lying due to a review blackout.

#1349 2 years ago

You can tell he is in a tough spot in the other video. I'm sure he has seen it but he just in a position that he can't really say anything. He is complementary but also makes some faces that give away that he is saying what he has to say.

#1350 2 years ago

Here is the clip I was talking about.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 4685 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 94.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside