Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,550 posts
  • 317 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by Pablito350
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 252 votes
      35%
    • decent, better than the prequels 252 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 57 votes
      8%

(721 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poop (resized).jpeg
    6ftj8cdm1pbd1 (resized).png
    Disney+ (resized).PNG
    IMG_20240630_195315 (resized).jpg
    acolyte-sith(1).gif
    acolyte-sith.gif
    IMG_8792 (resized).jpeg
    448683523_18281373943204227_7684623079679507107_n (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1719148020311 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8769 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8761 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8758 (resized).jpeg
    530666_OuterBox_Back_1500x (resized).jpg
    17186153461412875605987483685490_412422131225242 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8744 (resized).jpeg
    luke.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 131.
    #6401 30 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

... but they released another season of Discovery....

They really reigned all that shit back in for this season but dude; it got too much for even me in other seasons.

#6402 30 days ago

Oh he’ll get his! I have seen it

#6403 30 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Oh he’ll get his! I have seen it

I wouldn’t put it past the people in charge to kill him off.

#6404 30 days ago

I've got some time carved out with my wife to watch this one. I've got my popcorn ready. I'll admit, I've kind of gotten a kick out of seeing just how far they can twist the knife into some of my favorite childhood shows. Velma, Star Trek Discovery, now Star Wars the Acolyte.

Add Doctor Who to the list. Fuck - if that isn't like miles from the Tom Baker years.

#6405 30 days ago
    IMG_8769 (resized).jpegIMG_8769 (resized).jpeg
    #6407 29 days ago

I have it on good authority that Kathleen Kennedy was fired years ago.

#6408 29 days ago

https://cosmicbook.news/acolyte-amandla-stenberg-rage-twerks-right-wingers-music-video

Watch: ‘The Acolyte’ Star Amandla Stenberg Rage-Twerks Against Right-Wingers In Music Video

The Star Wars actress releases a video responding to a video that went viral and how she is oppressed.

#6409 29 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

https://cosmicbook.news/acolyte-amandla-stenberg-rage-twerks-right-wingers-music-video
    Watch: ‘The Acolyte’ Star Amandla Stenberg Rage-Twerks Against Right-Wingers In Music Video
    The Star Wars actress releases a video responding to a video that went viral and how she is oppressed.

She’s so stupid to realize it isn’t a right vs left issue……the series is pretty much universally hated.

#6410 29 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

What a mess. Fake accounts, made up drama.....the "hate" is the same shit that Sony was pushing when their Ghostbusters dumped years ago and said was because of right wing hate....whatever that means.

Wokelites Unite!

LOL!

#6411 29 days ago

FB_IMG_1719148020311 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1719148020311 (resized).jpg

#6412 29 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

What a mess. Fake accounts, made up drama.....the "hate" is the same shit that Sony was pushing when their Ghostbusters dumped years ago and said was because of right wing hate....whatever that means.
    Wokelites Unite!
    LOL!

How hard is it for them to understand that when it’s bad, people don’t like it and when it’s good, people like it.

#6413 29 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How hard is it for them to understand that when it’s bad, people don’t like it and when it’s good, people like it.

Isn't it funny how other shows that have equal amounts of diversity, but just so happen to not suck don't get the hate that Disney Star Wars gets?

#6414 28 days ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Isn't it funny how other shows that have equal amounts of diversity, but just so happen to not suck don't get the hate that Disney Star Wars gets?

Exactly!!!!

What’s hysterical, one of the first films starring a black actor, who also received an academy honorary award, and was the first black male actor to win an academy award, in a widely praised film where blacks and whites lived in peace, in the south no less, is cried as racist by people who have never ever seen the movie…..

#6415 28 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I have it on good authority that Kathleen Kennedy was fired years ago.

Correct, when Disney went broke and folded.

#6416 28 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

She’s so stupid to realize it isn’t a right vs left issue……the series is pretty much universally hated.

Easier to blame an outside party than admit failure.

#6417 28 days ago

Funny how people say they needed diversity in Star Trek when it was the first series to tackle it and yet I guess it wasn’t enough!!! Sad state of affairs

#6418 27 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Exactly!!!!
    What’s hysterical, one of the first films starring a black actor, who also received an academy honorary award, and was the first black male actor to win an academy award, in a widely praised film where blacks and whites lived in peace, in the south no less, is cried as racist by people who have never ever seen the movie…..

That film has an interesting history. The lines were drawn with many praising the racial equity it promoted, but power and money came into play and we know who won.

#6419 27 days ago

Here is a video that completely destroys the argument of the idiots who run Lucasfilm today.

#6420 27 days ago

Seen on FB

448683523_18281373943204227_7684623079679507107_n (resized).jpg448683523_18281373943204227_7684623079679507107_n (resized).jpg
    #6422 26 days ago

spoiler alert--

that was quite an episode. If you hate the show and hate all the characters you'll probably be happy, because THEY'RE ALL DEAD NOW!

#6423 26 days ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

that was quite an episode. If you hate the show and hate all the characters you'll probably be happy, because THEY'RE ALL DEAD NOW!

I'm starting to get suspicious of JackFAttie here. We need a blood sample to verify he's not related somehow to Kathleen Kennedy. We need bank statements to make sure he's not being paid to watch! lol.

#6425 26 days ago

The fight scenes in this episode were the best thing this show has done so far. Pretty cool scene with sabers shorting out.

I still can't get over the logic of some of these plot points. The Sith defeated multiple Jedi at once pretty easily. Then he gets carried away by giant insects because he got stuck with a light. Just seemed like a really silly end to a great fight sequence. I did appreciate that Qimir acknowledged how dumb Mae was for not knowing he was the Sith.

They are gonna do the unreliable narrator thing and reveal that the Jedi distorted Osha's memories.

#6426 26 days ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

I'm starting to get suspicious of JackFAttie here. We need a blood sample to verify he's not related somehow to Kathleen Kennedy. We need bank statements to make sure he's not being paid to watch! lol.

That helmet technology the bad guy has shorts out lightsabers....Why not just wear a uniform that does that?

There is absolutely no thinking that went into the creation of this fake Star Wars show.

#6427 26 days ago

So my wife and I are 4 episodes in and caught up except episode 5.

Our expectations going into this were low and its pretty bad, but not as awful as I was led to believe it is. Don't get me wrong, its not great and they are doing a lot of things wrong. I'm still going to watch this and wait with baited breath as to how they make it even worse.

For live action TV Star Wars I'd rate it:

1. The Mandalorian
    2. Andor
    3. Book of Bobba Fett
    4. Ashoka
    5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6. The Acolyte

#6428 25 days ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

just watched the first two episodes and quite enjoyed them. Maybe it will go downhill from here as reviews say but honestly I was expecting shit and it was mostly fun and solid storytelling. Nice to see a lot of cool fights and lots of force use that was actually rational. Characters are compelling if thin. A few moments that don't quite work, but overall a satisfying opening.

I just started with the first two episodes and felt similar. I'm interested in the twins and what really happened on their planet with the Jedi. I could nit pick some of the dialogue (I have a bad feeling about this), but I didn't have any issues with the performances. The kung fu action felt fresh and fun to watch. I like that in a world full of crazy aliens, the Jedi still stand out as the biggest weirdos. I think this is supposed to be a high point for the Republic, and the Jedi are these Republic authority figures who have the powers to do anything (read your mind, control your body, arrest you, whatever), and they apparently have been. Osha talking about how she had to leave the Jedi because she grieved her dead family while Sol takes out an old photo album to reminisce, and his Padawan calls him out for it; a Jedi who has traumatized himself into not talking to anybody for 10 years until he is finally able to commit suicide? That's good shit! That's the kind of stuff I liked most from the Clone Wars series. The Jedi acting way out of pocket and being totally oblivious as to why they might be unpopular and losing control. I'm looking forward to watching more tonight. This was far from the worst Star Wars stuff I've seen and I skipped Obi Wan, Boba, and Ahsoka...

#6429 25 days ago

To everyone complaining about the show: Why are you watching? Why not just ignore it and let it fail?

#6430 25 days ago
    Quoted from seenev:

To everyone complaining about the show: Why are you watching? Why not just ignore it and let it fail?

Because we love Star Wars. I see light sabers, I'm watching (good or bad). Criticism and discussion shouldn't only be reserved for people that think the show is great.

Episode 5 was the best episode yet, showing some hope compared to the slog of the first four episodes.

#6431 25 days ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Because we love Star Wars. I see light sabers, I'm watching (good or bad). Criticism and discussion shouldn't only be reserved for people that think the show is great.
    Episode 5 was the best episode yet, showing some hope compared to the slog of the first four episodes.

I used to love star wars. But now I think of it like a bowl of soup. At first the soup was delicious. One of my favorite meals. And then they took the bowl of soup and dumped a bunch of water into it. It was still OK, but not nearly as good. Then later someone came along and spit into the bowl. Then someone peed in the bowl. Then finally someone came and took a dump in the bowl. Now I don't want to eat any of it. Not even the stuff that I loved in the first place because it's contaminated with spit, pee, and poop.

Enjoy your soup.

#6432 25 days ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I used to love star wars. But now I think of it like a bowl of soup. At first the soup was delicious. One of my favorite meals. And then they took the bowl of soup and dumped a bunch of water into it. It was still OK, but not nearly as good. Then later someone came along and spit into the bowl. Then someone peed in the bowl. Then finally someone came and took a dump in the bowl. Now I don't want to eat any of it. Not even the stuff that I loved in the first place because it's contaminated with spit, pee, and poop.
    Enjoy your soup.

I guess I just experience things differently. There are a countless number of books, movies, albums, tv shows, essays, restaurants, live performances, ect.. where I only enjoyed the first iterations of them, and I never feel like I am being thumbed in the eye with subsequent releases no matter my enjoyment. I enjoy seeing creatives experiment with what something can be instead of just retreading the same thing - I don't want the things I like to be so limited. There's always a chance a better bowl of soup is right around the corner. I find being open to new things makes life more enjoyable compared to being aggrieved and pretending like everybody is peeing and pooping in your soup. I was surprised that I liked Andor more than the original trilogy and I would have missed out on it entirely if I were you. Or jeez, the amount of music I now love that I would have missed out on if I wasn't willing to give a new album I didn't like immediately an extra spin or two....

#6433 24 days ago

Good analogy on where Star Wars is now sheet soup ! Gotcha . Yes it sucks ! But we watch because it is supposed to be Star Wars related but other than the Jedi and the sith,nothing pertains to Sw lore, I just do not see this now made up new materials fit in or needed to and is just extra water,pee and puke that is not needed to get SW back to being Star Wars !!!

Quoted from seenev:

Enjoy your soup.

I still love a lot of star wars , not all of it

#6434 24 days ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm watching it because I like world building. Every new piece of Star Wars lore builds and brings new meaning to later events and movies providing context that makes the "good" Star Wars stuff even better. I like large worlds. I love reading the epic fantasies of Tolkein, Sanderson, Jordan, Martin. I see this Star Wars as a story set in the Star Wars universe. They are trying (and failing) to start a new timeline 100 years before the original series. The idea has had progress, but the story has fallen flat.

If you set it in one of my favorite universe's I will watch it. Heck, if there was a spinoff of that weird scene from episode 2 in Dex's Diner that was just local workers talking with Dex about their lives I'd be all over it.

In other words, I'm in it for the world building and the lore. Of course I'd like it alot more if the show in general was... better, but I still get alot from it.

Upvote for a Dex's Diner spinoff!

#6435 24 days ago

I watched the first 3 episodes of Acolyte and gave up. I'm not a diehard fan like some... I love the genre, but I only watch if it's good, the same goes with all the Marvel stuff. To give an idea, the last one I watched in a theater was the first Doctor Strange. But, I get my Sci-Fi fill with other shows, I talked about The Expanse, For All Mankind, and The Dark. Now, recently I'm hooked on Dark Matter. All of these shows are leagues better than what Disney is making... So, there is plenty of good material out there, as long as you're open to it.

#6436 24 days ago

I finished the third episode over my lunch break and I'm still in! I enjoyed seeing how the Jedi handled themselves approaching this other culture of force users. It seems clear we are still not getting the full story of what really happened though.

I agree kvan there is tons of good sci fi going on today, Apple is becoming a home for lots of really interesting stuff. Some of it can be pretty uneven, but anyone into sci fi/fantasy knows you have to wade through some stuff sometimes... Disney did make Andor though and that is leagues better than any of those shows so I think they are still capable of delivering the goods. I think the Acolyte is doing a pretty good job so far of balancing a show that is approachable for new and younger fans while still getting into the fun world building and some of the more adult themes of the Republic and the role of the Jedi in its downfall. I've enjoyed them more than most Clone Wars episodes lol. One of my favorite bits so far is the costume design, their robe game is on point! I want to luxuriate in them. All the Jedi look so comfy.

#6437 24 days ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I watched the first 3 episodes of Acolyte and gave up. I'm not a diehard fan like of some... I love the genre, but I only watch if it's good, the same goes with all the Marvel stuff. To give an idea, the last one I watched in a theater was the first Doctor Strange. But, I get my Sci-Fi fill with other shows, I talked about The Expanse, For All Mankind, and The Dark. Now, recently I'm hooked on Dark Matter. All of these shows are leagues better than what Disney is making... So, there is plenty of good material out there, as long as you're open to it.

Dark matter is Good, but i think to hard to cover all angles enough.
    If so many of Jason's Exist now, then where is all the Ryan's and Leighton's . They crammed so many Jason's but not one of these other variables show up at the end of the season when the original FAM is trying to escape in a box that created so many in the first place and they are surrounded by maybe 50 Jays..
    Good show but , ehhhh my head hurts

#6438 24 days ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm not. I cancelled D+ months ago. I do enjoy watching the shit storm unfold though.

#6439 24 days ago
    IMG_8792 (resized).jpegIMG_8792 (resized).jpeg
    #6440 24 days ago

Ep 5 was awesome. Fucking Sith just laying out punk ass "jedi" wannabes. Great stuff.

Of course, as always, filled with a bunch of stupid shit but that's standard. Helmut that shirts out lights lightsabers? Kind of interesting but silly.. yet I'm more intrigued with why someone buils a house in the woods that you can throw a person clear thru any wall.
    That Sith was just so badass...like Dath Maul but smart. Jedi force pull shish kabob?!?

Andor was a slog early as well; but I don;t think this can get anywhere near as good as that. This will be it's high point we can assume with the low class actors involved...if only they could have killed the Green Meanie.
    Ashoka was under this. I liked the stuff with Thrawn but the leads were shaky and Ashoska herself just aint no fun.
    Kenobi easily the worst. We've all seen the "Luke, Did I Ever Tell You..." videos

#6441 24 days ago

If they try to say the Sith is Palpatine...

#6442 23 days ago

If they try to say the Sith is Palpatine...

No the Sith is woke. Meaning he's not a carbon copy nazi wanna be but interesting...so far.
    Edit: although he may be working on building a death star

#6443 23 days ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

spoiler alert--

acolyte-sith.gifacolyte-sith.gif

acolyte-sith(1).gifacolyte-sith(1).gif
    #6444 23 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ep 5 was awesome. Fucking Sith just laying out punk ass "jedi" wannabes. Great stuff.
    Of course, as always, filled with a bunch of stupid shit but that's standard. Helmut that shirts out lights lightsabers? Kind of interesting but silly.. yet I'm more intrigued with why someone buils a house in the woods that you can throw a person clear thru any wall.
    That Sith was just so badass...like Dath Maul but smart. Jedi force pull shish kabob?!?
    Andor was a slog early as well; but I don;t think this can get anywhere near as good as that. This will be it's high point we can assume with the low class actors involved...if only they could have killed the Green Meanie.
    Ashoka was under this. I liked the stuff with Thrawn but the leads were shaky and Ashoska herself just aint no fun.
    Kenobi easily the worst. We've all seen the "Luke, Did I Ever Tell You..." videos

Just finished watching episode 5 and agree it’s the best yet. Finally some action, which was almost the entire episode. Still have no idea what’s going on plot-wise or when this Sith takes place in the universe (is he the first one ever)?

#6445 22 days ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

...or when this Sith takes place in the universe (is he the first one ever)?

Apparently "approximately 100 years before Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace."

#6446 21 days ago
    IMG_20240630_195315 (resized).jpgIMG_20240630_195315 (resized).jpg
    #6447 21 days ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

I think that's the typical incorrect meme.

#6448 21 days ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image]

OMG I hope this is just a meme. That price difference would definitely make me cancel it.

#6449 21 days ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

That price difference would definitely make me cancel it.

According to the web, $140 for Disney +, no commercials.

Disney + Hulu, no ads is $240

Disney, Hulu, espn no ads, $300.

Sometimes in life you crank day soldier boy, sometimes soldier boy cranks you, plan accordingly.

#6450 21 days ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

According to the web, $140 for Disney +, no commercials.
    Disney + Hulu, no ads is $240
    Disney, Hulu, espn no ads, $300.
    Sometimes in life you crank day soldier boy, sometimes soldier boy cranks you, plan accordingly.

I've got it bundled through Verizon.
    Disney + (no adds), Hulu (with ads), ESPN +... $10 per month total.

There are 6,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.